Congrats! You Survived 22 days of Campaign misery!

clanwars campaign bonds

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: The Bond for a reward tank is (119 members have cast votes)

The Bond for a reward tank is?:

1. A great idea! N00bs shouldn't get the tank! (17 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. About as awesome as bouncing a batchat (64 votes [53.78%])

Percentage of vote: 53.78%

3. Would be ok if the bond requirement was reduced (38 votes [31.93%])

Percentage of vote: 31.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

themusgrat #21 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 20:46

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29008 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Dec 20 2017 - 11:14, said:

Running campaigns is always the worst, this one in particular due to the intricacy of the rules.

That being said it was a solid campaign, rules just need to be tweaked a bit, as do the rewards, na didn't have high enough participation to justify giving away 3k tanks. Should probably shrink it next time around

They aren't giving away 3k tanks, maybe 1500. Also, they are getting rid of a lot of bonds that are sitting around. I do think it was a decent campaign in terms of not being ultra complicated, and accessible. But the rewards are a mess. Figure out how many tanks to give away, or give tanks to a percentage of participating players. It rewards people in top clans (fielding the most teams) much more than individuals that play well. If instead, the bonds given out were about 1/4 of what they are, and they just gave a tank to the top 2k players, that would be much more fair.

OEFArmy #22 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 21:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28900 battles
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
IMHO, the whole bond requirement is what made this campaign a huge mess.  Not that fact that 4K bonds is too much(it's perhaps too little for what the total participation numbers ended up being), but the fact that the bond requirements scared off 3-5K players.  Secondly, getting rid of  tier 6s and 8s was also silly and got rid of an additional 10K of participants.  I don't think they needed to give a way less tanks if they got rid of the bonds requirement, because the participation would have been 11-13K instead of 5-7K, and top 3K would have been just fine(maybe top 2.5K).  I believe they wanted to increase the T10 population post campaign due to bonds grinding, but that plan back fired because instead they killed off about 50% of the potential campaign participants(and clans) instead.

FartLord_invader #23 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 16:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 37379 battles
  • [CHILE] CHILE
WG are a bunch of muppets. Zynga would have planned this campain a lot better.

skychan #24 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 03:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 31800 battles
  • [ASSA] ASSA
Let me figure out how this goes,

Let's see, average battle is ~10 min

Being generous I see all 10's or Grand Battles ~50% of the time

I am in a winning game about ~50% of the time.

I can get say ~8 bonds a game.

So 40 minutes 8 bonds, 10 minutes 2 bonds, 5 minutes a bond.

I still need 1300 bonds

6500 minutes

~110 hours

30 days left

~3-4 hours of grinding tier 10's a day, EVERY day. 

I just finished a 30 day grind, it's how I got the chance to buy a tank. 

Now I have to do another 30 day grind to get it?

This is absolutely crap.  If I do manage to grind them out I'll be so sick of playing WOT and tier 10's that I'll probably just quit playing entirely for a month.  I certainly won't want to play any campaigns again, not if it is Grind for the campaign and then grind for the tank after.

It isn't a reward its a penalty that now forces me to grind 3 hours a day or my first 90 hours is wasted

Also tagged with clanwars, campaign, bonds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users