servers LATAM Playe base

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

eccoh #1 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 20:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 50648 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

Since the introduction of the LATAM test server, I have found the games not nearly as frustrating as when WG included all from that player base (Latam) were included in the NA server. 

The LATAM player generally (in my humble opinion) seem to either lemming all to one location or simply camp and do very little.  This is not the world of tank I prefer!  I like to get into a brawl and know I can count on another team mate for support.  GENERALLY speaking, I cannot count on most from the LATAM sever as they seem afraid to take a hit or to actually engage (THIS IS AT ALL TIERS).  Scouts hanging beside arty has been a thing I have witnessed all too many times on the NA server since the amalgamation with LATAM and has proven time and time again to be a member for Latin American player base. 

My point in all of this is that when you amalgamate player bases, you have to give consideration to the negative impact on the current player base. I personally am not impressed with the playing style I noted above.  This is expect in their 1 and 2 perhaps, but not in higher tiers.  Yes, some Americans, Canadians, Australians and Europeans play this style, and usually called out for it. Mostly stat padders that are more concerned about the wn8 and their numbers then actually winning or seemingly playing the game.

I realize there may be a numbers issue for generating teams if we don't have some cross pollination, but I have to say, when I see LATAM server players on my team, I am skeptical of win or even survival beyond the middle of the game.  JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Is there not a way to contribute to the server numbers in a more positive way?   I like the idea of opening up all servers to all players.  Perhaps then the game will stabilize across all servers. 

PS:  maybe add a 'your a camping/lemming ^%$&" report button. 

PLEASE NOTE:  Many of the Latinos I have platooned with are really good players.  It seems however the player style from the Latam server player base is not what I imagined WoT would be.  Not trying to be a hater, just trying to figure out how to make the game on all servers for all players better.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 20:59

Major

• Players
  • 38303 battles
You could always play arty to prevent them from camping >.>

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 21:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 29341 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

Kamahl1234 #4 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 21:06

Major

• Players
  • 18316 battles

I think the biggest thing you'd see from a LATAM player on NA was that the lag was a big factor in how poorly they could play. The average player can't easily play if there's high ping and packet loss, as they'd have significantly higher than most if not all NA-based players. 

It really does make it hard to get good in the game, now if it was just ping, it'd be mostly a non-issue as the average delay sub 350 or so is manageable in this game. Packet loss is not, though. 

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

I believe you might be better served by attempting to improve your own play rather than openly and publicly promulgating xenophobia against Latin American people.

As far as making servers open to anyone and everyone, that is already the case. Anyone can play on any server group they choose.

I have played on NA several years and have tried out the new LATAM server, too. There is no discernible difference in play "style" between the two.  Players of every nationality make great plays and bonehead moves on both.

Realign #6 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 21:26

Captain

• Players
  • 27265 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Posteccoh, on Dec 20 2017 - 14:53, said:

The LATAM player generally (in my humble opinion) seem to either lemming all to one location or simply camp and do very little.... personally am not impressed with the playing style I noted above. 

(in my humble opinion) // Not trying to be a hater, just trying to figure out how to make the game on all servers for all players better.

Perhaps you could write a guide on what 'they' should do instead being the expert and all?  I'm genuinely curious how it is possible to get 42% wr at tier 10, >4k games without doing one of those two things consistently...

If actually not trying to be a hater, perhaps some introspection might be in order, because this post wasn't actually humble? You can't just say 'xyz, but i mean it humbly' and its automatically not offensive.  That is like saying, 'You're an idiot, no offense'.

RoIito #7 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 21:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10473 battles
  • [TNKGG] TNKGG

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 20 2017 - 15:23, said:

I believe you might be better served by attempting to improve your own play rather than openly and publicly promulgating xenophobia against Latin American people.

As far as making servers open to anyone and everyone, that is already the case. Anyone can play on any server group they choose.

I have played on NA several years and have tried out the new LATAM server, too. There is no discernible difference in play "style" between the two.  Players of every nationality make great plays and bonehead moves on both.

Exactly, people in both servers sucks.

eccoh #8 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 22:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 50648 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 20 2017 - 16:23, said:

YOUR OPINION based on your race... I am not the xenophobe...you are!    JUST LIKE SHEEP, your only concern is my stats.  Learn to read and actually comprehend the comments before taking to a pedestal to comment against what you cant or wont understand! 

eccoh #9 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 22:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 50648 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View PostVanatee, on Dec 20 2017 - 16:26, said:

Perhaps you could write a guide on what 'they' should do instead being the expert and all?  I'm genuinely curious how it is possible to get 42% wr at tier 10, >4k games without doing one of those two things consistently...

If actually not trying to be a hater, perhaps some introspection might be in order, because this post wasn't actually humble? You can't just say 'xyz, but i mean it humbly' and its automatically not offensive.  That is like saying, 'You're an idiot, no offense'.

​Ok.  Your an idiot...no offense.  

comprehension is not your strongest life skill.  But thanks for you most welcomed OPINION... perhaps now is  a good time to stop being a troll. 

Realign #10 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 22:38

Captain

• Players
  • 27265 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Posteccoh, on Dec 20 2017 - 16:11, said:

comprehension is not your strongest life skill.  But thanks for you most welcomed OPINION... perhaps now is  a good time to stop being a troll. 

It isn't an opinion that you are a pot calling the kettle black.  I'm not trolling you.  Please explain how to get 42% wr at tier 10 in 4k+ battles, without botting/yolo suicide/or camping uselessly?  You appear to be calling out an entire ethnic group for having that play style while regularly engaging in the same play style yourself.  If you can explain how your play varies so greatly from the peoples you called out then I'll withdraw my 'opinion'.  Your actual dpg in them falls into the averagish neighborhood, but you have 38-41% wr in them.  This typically means you're not participating in the battles in effective ways (usually means ineffectually camping and getting some damage after the battle is lost).

eccoh #11 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 22:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 50648 battles
  • [BWSO] BWSO

View PostVanatee, on Dec 20 2017 - 17:38, said:

It isn't an opinion that you are a pot calling the kettle black.  I'm not trolling you.  Please explain how to get 42% wr at tier 10 in 4k+ battles, without botting/yolo suicide/or camping uselessly?  You appear to be calling out an entire ethnic group for having that play style while regularly engaging in the same play style yourself.  If you can explain how your play varies so greatly from the peoples you called out then I'll withdraw my 'opinion'. 

you're not worthy of a response. Youre too simple

Realign #12 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 22:46

Captain

• Players
  • 27265 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Posteccoh, on Dec 20 2017 - 16:42, said:

you're not worthy of a response. Youre too simple

You're right.  Ug me so simple.  Me use data.  Only dumb use data and ask questions.  Smart man use hearsay and bigotry.  :D

Mudman24 #13 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 36476 battles
I really don’t care where you are from or how you play. I just ask that you get good enough to break 50% winrate by 44k games. Next time I log it it will be on the LATAM server, just so I can guarantee that the OP won’t be on my team. Chao.  

Varzor #14 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 22:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9669 battles
  • [1STRD] 1STRD

Here, ill just leave this from NA server...
Dat is smart gameplay, got plenty of this ones...

Yes, thats my average ms on Na server and i dont complain.

Realign #15 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 23:05

Captain

• Players
  • 27265 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostVarzor, on Dec 20 2017 - 16:59, said:

Here, ill just leave this from NA server...
Dat is smart gameplay, got plenty of this ones...

Yes, thats my average ms on Na server and i dont complain.

Whoa whoa... whoa... slow down... are you saying.. bad play is universal and simply caused by..... bad players???  Boggling.

Doomslinger__ #16 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 23:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
Packet loss is the real problem, not ping in most cases. I would rather play with 250 ms ping and steady internet than play on 50 ms ping but non stop packet losses and stuff. I can deal with a slight delay from high ping but not with the packet loss which will cause ghost shells, your tank to drive off in one direction and you have no control etc. I played on the test server with around 200 ms ping and it worked ok there. I could notice the delay but as long as it was stable with no packet loss it worked fine. On NA sometimes I get bad packet loss, even with 50 ms ping it is unplayable. This is more to do with my ISP than WG as my internet can be good some nights and bad the next. The lines around here suffer from a lot of noise which can cause the packet losses. That is what happens when you use 1960s phone lines for data distribution in the country. The hubs are 21st century but the lines are old and not protected from EM noise interference. They were designed for analog telephone coms.

Edited by Doomslinger__, Dec 20 2017 - 23:14.

Varzor #17 Posted Dec 20 2017 - 23:20

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9669 battles
  • [1STRD] 1STRD

View PostVanatee, on Dec 20 2017 - 23:05, said:

Whoa whoa... whoa... slow down... are you saying.. bad play is universal and simply caused by..... bad players???  Boggling.

"The LATAM player generally (in my humble opinion) seem to either lemming all to one location or simply camp and do very little" OP Words.

GeorgePreddy #18 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 01:14

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View Posteccoh, on Dec 20 2017 - 18:08, said:

YOUR OPINION based on your race... I am not the xenophobe...you are!    JUST LIKE SHEEP, your only concern is my stats.  Learn to read and actually comprehend the comments before taking to a pedestal to comment against what you cant or wont understand! 

Xenophobia has nothing to do with race. I am caucasian... there are people of every race in Latin America.

Xenophobia is a fear of other cultures. You exhibit that type of bigotry in your comments.

I have lived in several different parts of the world and accept all cultures for what they are, so I am not in any way xenophobic.

What I understand from your post is you whining about players from a different continent playing badly.

My suggestion is to put your own house in order.

Slim_Shadee #19 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 01:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6351 battles
Another thread that the OP expects high five approval of what he wrote or your an idiot. I bet he is a real gem to have on your team.

VTSplinter #20 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 03:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25640 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

View Posteccoh, on Dec 20 2017 - 16:11, said:

​Passive/aggressive bullsh-t like the original post.

Edited by VTSplinter, Dec 21 2017 - 03:54.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users