servers LATAM Playe base

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Fulcrous #21 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 04:51

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 30219 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
You're playing on the LATAM server. What did you expect?

Paladin1954 #22 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 05:34

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 89342 battles
  • [WWIII] WWIII

View PostVarzor, on Dec 20 2017 - 17:20, said:

"The LATAM player generally (in my humble opinion) seem to either lemming all to one location or simply camp and do very little" OP Words.

Even now that they have their own server a lot of them still insist on playing on the Central server with higher ping.They're not doing themselves or their team mates any good by being campers and laggy f--ktardsIf I see someone still not moving from the spawn 3 minutes in He gets a shot in the [edited]regardless of what flag is beside his name.If you constantly disconnect or not load that's your fault not the rest of the teams.

VooDooKobra #23 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 06:31

Major

• Players
  • 8013 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Posteccoh, on Dec 20 2017 - 12:53, said:

Since the introduction of the LATAM test server, I have found the games not nearly as frustrating as when WG included all from that player base (Latam) were included in the NA server. 

The LATAM player generally (in my humble opinion) seem to either lemming all to one location or simply camp and do very little.  This is not the world of tank I prefer!  I like to get into a brawl and know I can count on another team mate for support.  GENERALLY speaking, I cannot count on most from the LATAM sever as they seem afraid to take a hit or to actually engage (THIS IS AT ALL TIERS).  Scouts hanging beside arty has been a thing I have witnessed all too many times on the NA server since the amalgamation with LATAM and has proven time and time again to be a member for Latin American player base. 

My point in all of this is that when you amalgamate player bases, you have to give consideration to the negative impact on the current player base. I personally am not impressed with the playing style I noted above.  This is expect in their 1 and 2 perhaps, but not in higher tiers.  Yes, some Americans, Canadians, Australians and Europeans play this style, and usually called out for it. Mostly stat padders that are more concerned about the wn8 and their numbers then actually winning or seemingly playing the game.

I realize there may be a numbers issue for generating teams if we don't have some cross pollination, but I have to say, when I see LATAM server players on my team, I am skeptical of win or even survival beyond the middle of the game.  JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Is there not a way to contribute to the server numbers in a more positive way?   I like the idea of opening up all servers to all players.  Perhaps then the game will stabilize across all servers. 

PS:  maybe add a 'your a camping/lemming ^%$&" report button. 

PLEASE NOTE:  Many of the Latinos I have platooned with are really good players.  It seems however the player style from the Latam server player base is not what I imagined WoT would be.  Not trying to be a hater, just trying to figure out how to make the game on all servers for all players better.

First of all I do not really give a rodents tookus  about your stats, i dont even look at them unless the person says something incredibly stupid of course.  sure some Latin american players play that style just like some non latin american and you even say that yourself.  I have said this on many occasion and i think it rings true here as well, as much as you feel you are right you cannot nor have the right to dictate how another player plays their vehicle.  as much as some of the things i see drives me nuts my concern needs to remain, how i play and hope from there the pieces chaotically fall into place some nights

Shibadogdog #24 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 16:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43601 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 20 2017 - 20:23, said:

I have played on NA several years and have tried out the new LATAM server, too. There is no discernible difference in play "style" between the two.  Players of every nationality make great plays and bonehead moves on both.

Exactly I have tried the new server and other then serious lag issues I see no difference between the play

Abandon_Ye_Hope #25 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 20:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22819 battles
One point I haven't seen discussed is the financial reasons for WG to split the base up. LATAM is a growth market for WG, while NA is on the decline. I think it makes perfect sense for WG to look to provide a better in-game experience for where they are seeing growth.

Wihtgar #26 Posted Dec 29 2017 - 00:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11710 battles

I found the player base to be pretty solid.  The only difficulty I encountered was the language.  It seemed that none of them understood me when I said, "President Trump is President of All Americas."  Not much feedback. Well some stuff in Spanish, but I don't speak it.

But other than that, they seem like the normal PUB groups you get.  Oh and my ping wasn't good, but that's to be expected.

Edited by Wihtgar, Dec 29 2017 - 00:32.

GeorgePreddy #27 Posted Dec 29 2017 - 01:45

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostAbandon_Ye_Hope, on Dec 21 2017 - 16:09, said:

LATAM is a growth market for WG, while NA is   on the decline.    in a steady state.

Mondochiwan #28 Posted Feb 01 2018 - 16:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10744 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
+1 accidental undertones of racism, would read again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users