Jump to content


JagdTiger Worth the Grind?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3623 replies to this topic

Nukem501 #21 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 01:52

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 31910 battles
  • 285
  • [-RA-] -RA-
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View Postteamoldmill, on Aug 30 2011 - 01:35, said:

Your profile is not that great man, you sure?

and yours is better?    <_<

My care level is at a 0... I don't care what "real" excuse you have, I'm also pretty sure I work more hours. The JT is just fine, but I'm sorry if you think you need a team to support you to play effectively that just shows me you're using the vehicle wrong.

and the jagdtiger wasn't a huge player in WW2, if it had gone on longer yes it would have but the ferdinand and jagdpanzer are more iconic.


Done responding to the troll.

Props to all people who play and enjoy the JT like I do. Keep on truckin  :Smile-izmena:

Noggmoritz #22 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 02:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 16760 battles
  • 1,139
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011
Yeah, if anything the JT was an utter failure in WWII - certainly no icon. Otto Carius has good accounts on how the green crews used them to little effect.

You can give excuses as to why you aren't playing in CW, and I really could care less. The fact is that you don't play it so you shouldn't be posting these ultimatums about how it sucks and you won't use gold rounds because you need to "buy" them. Clans fight for territories with gold income, buddy.

SutoraizuNarvi #23 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 06:32

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 18019 battles
  • 63
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
JT have a big problem is armor of lower hull, even weaker than KT :(. They need upgrade more armor, because I can penetrate lower glacis of JT many times with 88mm L/70, and some time of them I make JT on fire. It's is no fun when a JT can be killed by Tiger when shooting at it's front.

B4BYR4C3R #24 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 07:37

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 6652 battles
  • 1,640
  • Member since:
    09-06-2010

View Postteamoldmill, on Aug 30 2011 - 01:34, said:

I could care less about clan wars. I have a new kid, work long hours. I only play public matches. I am not going to waste money on gold rounds. For standard rounds in a public match, the JT has nothing going for it. It is a terrible excuse for a T9 TD, and really a slap in the face to German armor considering the legendary icon it is. It is too reliant on your team. It is a good sniping platform, but the horrible camo means you need to be 400-500 meters away, which lowers pen considerably.

And yet you continue to use it considering your months of whining and bitching about it. Moreover your stats with JT would seem to refute your arguments against it.

Posted Image

I mean seriously, how is anyone supposed to take you seriously if they look at those stats? They are far from bad and would give the view that JT has a modicum of balance. Maybe you should do worse to back up your claims and maybe get JT buffed like you want ;)

teamoldmill #25 Posted Aug 30 2011 - 19:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 10485 battles
  • 8,574
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostB4BYR4C3R, on Aug 30 2011 - 07:37, said:

And yet you continue to use it considering your months of whining and bitching about it. Moreover your stats with JT would seem to refute your arguments against it.

Posted Image

I mean seriously, how is anyone supposed to take you seriously if they look at those stats? They are far from bad and would give the view that JT has a modicum of balance. Maybe you should do worse to back up your claims and maybe get JT buffed like you want ;)
I have seen people with far better stats than I. I think I do average in it. Does not mean I cannot see the huge flaws. I do better with my Ferdi, why should that be? I see what T-95s and Objects can do, even T-30's and it just seems wrong that I cannot do those things. I am working up to the Object and T-95, both nations are at T7 TDs for me. I am just losing steam though, like what is the point? I don't want to play those nations, I like German tanks.

Give the JT an accurate 750 damage gun like others. It has too many faults to warrant NOT having one. It should have the best gun in the game considering the chassis. Too many times I hit someone for not enough, they remain alive, or simply shrug it off because it was a 600 damage hit instead of a 900 damage hit. JT just does not inspire fear. I know out of the three TDs, it is the one I fear the least.

I don't think I have the energy to get all the way to the Object and T-95 now, and I don't want to spend any more money converting experience.

My other worry is, if they make the upcoming E-100 TD decent in any way, the JT is completely obsolete. The new TD has to have a better gun to be on par with the other nations. If you give it even worse armor than the JT, it is useless. You have to have better armor and gun on the new TD. I just think the JT will never be a competitive vehicle because it lacks the alpha and armor.

Twiztid_Clown #26 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 01:58

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20173 battles
  • 59
  • [BOB1A] BOB1A
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011
yes its worth it I'm able to hit and pin is4-7's down 30 points at a time all a time

thetap #27 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 04:37

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 15209 battles
  • 3,659
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View Postteamoldmill, on Aug 30 2011 - 19:55, said:

I have seen people with far better stats than I. I think I do average in it. Does not mean I cannot see the huge flaws. I do better with my Ferdi, why should that be? I see what T-95s and Objects can do, even T-30's and it just seems wrong that I cannot do those things. I am working up to the Object and T-95, both nations are at T7 TDs for me. I am just losing steam though, like what is the point? I don't want to play those nations, I like German tanks.

Give the JT an accurate 750 damage gun like others. It has too many faults to warrant NOT having one. It should have the best gun in the game considering the chassis. Too many times I hit someone for not enough, they remain alive, or simply shrug it off because it was a 600 damage hit instead of a 900 damage hit. JT just does not inspire fear. I know out of the three TDs, it is the one I fear the least.
I don't want them all to have the same gun, I like that JagdTiger has a slightly different style of weapon. I agree, though, that it needs to have a superior chassis as compensation. Better speed than T95 and better armour than Object 704 would make it a good middle-of-the-road alternative to them, giving it excellent versatility without being unstoppable. Being butchered by an IS and SU-100 in a static shootout makes me wonder what is actually going on with the hull armour.

teamoldmill said:

I don't think I have the energy to get all the way to the Object and T-95 now, and I don't want to spend any more money converting experience.

My other worry is, if they make the upcoming E-100 TD decent in any way, the JT is completely obsolete. The new TD has to have a better gun to be on par with the other nations. If you give it even worse armor than the JT, it is useless. You have to have better armor and gun on the new TD. I just think the JT will never be a competitive vehicle because it lacks the alpha and armor.
I've been wondering about that, too. It's hard to imagine the PzJg E-100 coming out with less speed, or less armour, or a weaker gun than the JagdTiger.

ArmoredCorps #28 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 07:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 39672 battles
  • 6,337
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    02-07-2011
Damn your logic teamoldmill, you're making me feel like my JT's useless already.  <_<

But seriously, yeah, I think every owner of this has thought the same thing. At this very moment in time I'm moving my 91K undistributed exp on my Ferdinand as close to 200K as I can get it before transferring it to the E-100 (I have the gold and I think this works out nicely; 6 crew to six crew; the 5-crew E-75 just won't do)


The JT needs SOMETHING. It has, for it's tier, no armor. It bounces 1-4 shots a game against anything resembling competent competition. It's taken for granted and gospel that it is useless in Clan Wars and I'm not in a position to disagree, not participating in those. It has a camouflage net made out of reflector vests and realistically if you were going to buff anything on it, it could only be accuracy and maybe penetration. Rate of fire buffs obviously always help but it does have 2-piece ammunition, so it might be straining credulity. (not that this is a simulation)

As is, it's good, on paper. It's less than good where the tread meets the Earth and if I had to sum it up in as few words as possible that no one would disagree with: it's a very situational tank.


Is there arty? City map or open? Team composition on our end and theirs? Any good cover / concealment positions? What are my teammates doing and what is the enemy doing?

It can keep pace with heavies and buff their firepower and it can lay consistent damage at a decent rate of fire at long ranges but all these variables add up to one reality: it's a gun. The chassis gets it from point A to B and provides perfunctory spotting ability but that's about as much as you can say.


If I had to pick 2 buffs to make it more competitive and unique without just going into Wishlist "I want a broken OP tank" I would say ... *sigh* the accuracy .27 and give it a bigger top engine, the old 980 HP engine from the tier 9 Panther 2 or even the 1200 HP one from the E-50 / 75.
The latter would be a stretch though since they tend to separate technological components from the real-life tanks and the near-entirely speculative Napkin-Waffle E-series and also since it would pull the HP-ton ratio up to near-Jagdpanther levels.  :Smile_great:  Tweaks like credit generation, repairs and ammo / repair costs do nothing to ameliorate actual in-game deficiencies though they'd be appreciated. I don't think we'll see changes but that's my 2 cents.

PROACEX1 #29 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 07:28

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6544 battles
  • 204
  • [-BZ-] -BZ-
  • Member since:
    05-12-2011
The JT is worth it, it is indeed a fun tank, but requires a lot more specialization in it before you can acquire the expertise needed to make the tank fearsome.
It is much like the American line of heavy tanks versus the German or Russian lineup: it requires skill that only experienced WoT veterans typically have to be consistently good. It has the same caveat as the American heavies in that you have to hull down to make the tank very effective. ;)
Respectfully,
PROACEX1

abest0 #30 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 10:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7576 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011
Hmmm from what im hearing the 65k i have sitting on the Ferdi is a waste ='(


The T95 does seem to be the sexiest TD according to stats.


Thnx to all your replies

Death187 #31 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 17:42

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010
Here is my take on the JT. :Smile-playing:

I have over 430 matches in my JT (all in pubs as I have no interest in clan wars) with a winning percentage of 56%. However, winning percentage means NOTHING. If you honestly think that a single player can win a match for a team you are out of your mind. I average 4-5 kills per match and even when I get as many as 10 kills per match my team can find a way to lose. I say my team because if you get more than 5 kills per match, and your team loses, it's really on them as you did more than your part. If I have no kills then I would be just as guilty...

Anyways, the JT if played right can be dominating. You will need to learn when to move and when to sit still to avoid arty. You will need to learn how to shoot at far away targets while they are driving at full speed. You will need to learn where to hit each tank to do the most damage. You will need to know when to simply track an enemy tank rather then hit his hull. You will need to learn how to protect your lower hull at all times, and when you cannot protect it how to avoid it being targeted (face hugging / ramming). You will need to learn how to wiggle your tank free when you are pinned (this took me a while to perfect but the majority of the time I find a way free). You also need to learn that people use the same basic tactics as others so you can almost anticipate how they will try and come at you, flank you, and try and pin you. You need to have patience to sit for several minutes and know when it is time to advance or retreat. Lastly, you need to learn to fight in CQB with a TD that many others say cannot.

I have soloed Objs, T95s, and other tanks that are considered to be better than the JT. The only tank I have a problem with is the Maus and let's face it everyone has a problem with them, even some arty lol. Sure the other TDs may do more damage per hit but it really does not matter! You can track them as they drive towards you causing them to spin to the side (allowing you to be out of their arc of fire), or just shoot at their weak spots from a distance as your cannon is far more accurate than theirs.

If you decide to unlock the JT my advice is to stick with it until you have it fully researched. After a while you will figure out how to use this beast and it will be all worth the time and effort spent.  :Smile_honoring:

thetap #32 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 19:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 15209 battles
  • 3,659
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostDeathsHead187, on Aug 31 2011 - 17:42, said:

I average 4-5 kills per match
Wrong.

Your stats are very good, however.

Mow_Mow #33 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 19:59

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 11420 battles
  • 14,794
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-25-2010
JT has a 9-10 second reload time. Compare this to 15-17 seconds on the T95 and 15 seconds on the Object 704. JT also has magnificent gun depression compared to T95 and Object 704. Lastly, its camo is not especially bad like in beta anymore, it actually has fairly respectable camo. And 0.29 accuracy is *****. As a T95 player I don't think I have any chance against a good Jagdtiger player. My weak points on the front might as well be the size of Texas to that gun. Slight angling and it means the 250mm superstructure can bounce my 155mm gun. A hulldown JT is pretty hard to beat - I think short of a Maus or American heavies a hulldown JT is the most difficult to defeat in a straight up fight. Like the JT the T95 can get its engine destroyed from the front.

Death187 #34 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 20:06

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View Postthetap, on Aug 31 2011 - 19:45, said:

Wrong.

Your stats are very good, however.


I should have clarified... Recently I average 4-5 kills per match. As I mentioned in my post there is a learning curve with the JT so no one should expect to come out of the gate killing 4-5. It probally took me over 250 matches to get to that point. As I said I average that many. I can go matches without any kills or as many as 10 kills. If you were to average out my "real" average I am sure it would be between 2-3 kills if you take into account every single match I have played with it.

Thanks for the compliment though  :Smile_honoring:

thetap #35 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 20:18

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 15209 battles
  • 3,659
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
Haha, fair enough. I'm frustrated with mine - I can't seem to make it work.

View PostMow_Mow, on Aug 31 2011 - 19:59, said:

... As a T95 player I don't think I have any chance against a good Jagdtiger player. My weak points on the front might as well be the size of Texas to that gun. Slight angling and it means the 250mm superstructure can bounce my 155mm gun. A hulldown JT is pretty hard to beat - I think short of a Maus or American heavies a hulldown JT is the most difficult to defeat in a straight up fight...
I'm not good, but I'm about average in every other tank I've played. My only limited success with JagdTiger has been when treating it like an SPG - get spotted, die.

Death187 #36 Posted Aug 31 2011 - 20:48

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View Postthetap, on Aug 31 2011 - 20:18, said:

My only limited success with JagdTiger has been when treating it like an SPG - get spotted, die.

Lol  :Smile_great:

BeerBeerBeer #37 Posted Sep 01 2011 - 02:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8160 battles
  • 607
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011
For all its faults, if you've gone this far, you may as well go all the way.  It's not great, but it's not horrible either and it can shine on occassion giving the right circumstances.  I just believe it's not nearly as good as the Object or T-95, all things considered.

weveran #38 Posted Sep 01 2011 - 02:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7810 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
I for one like my JT

It suits my playstyle and with the big gun it actually hurts :)

teamoldmill #39 Posted Sep 01 2011 - 16:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 10485 battles
  • 8,574
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostMow_Mow, on Aug 31 2011 - 19:59, said:

JT has a 9-10 second reload time. Compare this to 15-17 seconds on the T95 and 15 seconds on the Object 704. JT also has magnificent gun depression compared to T95 and Object 704. Lastly, its camo is not especially bad like in beta anymore, it actually has fairly respectable camo. And 0.29 accuracy is *****. As a T95 player I don't think I have any chance against a good Jagdtiger player. My weak points on the front might as well be the size of Texas to that gun. Slight angling and it means the 250mm superstructure can bounce my 155mm gun. A hulldown JT is pretty hard to beat - I think short of a Maus or American heavies a hulldown JT is the most difficult to defeat in a straight up fight. Like the JT the T95 can get its engine destroyed from the front.
You can two shot a JT from the front, even to the 250 mm armor section. You have a fantastic chance against a JT. Globally, T-95s have 11% higher win ratio than the JT. A hull down JT is much, much weaker than you are out in the open. You have a very good chance to pen just about anywhere you hit him, he has to get lucky to punch through you, or switch to HE. You are a beast. JT is a critter.

Death187 #40 Posted Sep 01 2011 - 17:03

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7221 battles
  • 4,465
  • [LD] LD
  • Member since:
    09-23-2010

View Postteamoldmill, on Sep 01 2011 - 16:46, said:

You can two shot a JT from the front, even to the 250 mm armor section. You have a fantastic chance against a JT. Globally, T-95s have 11% higher win ratio than the JT. A hull down JT is much, much weaker than you are out in the open. You have a very good chance to pen just about anywhere you hit him, he has to get lucky to punch through you, or switch to HE. You are a beast. JT is a critter.


You have no idea what you are talking about... :facepalmic:  It is not possible to 2 shot a JT from the front let alone hull down... Unless you are a top tier arty that gets 2 clean hits on the engine compartment its just not possible. T95s are much easy to kill. They are slow and do not have the accuracy a JT has. I can pick you apart from long range while you slowly lumber along trying to close the range gap. Your top hatch is an armor hole that I have no problem putting several shots through at range. At least my frontal armor holes can be covered up.

Edit: Then again... after looking at your Rep and your stats you are clearly a troll  :Smile_great: