• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

BookHorse #21 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 07:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4825 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostMacDuff48, on Dec 22 2017 - 02:44, said:

​I was being sarcastic, but sadly it is close to reality.  The top clans earn the bonds; get the tank.  The rest of us are just wasting time; but I did enjoy the tournament.  It was my first; it just sucks about the change in the way the tanks are bought.

The top clans get the reward tank?

Almost like that's what WG wanted.

HI_FIVE #22 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 07:32

Major

• Players
  • 44004 battles
wat????????????????????

wombdoctor #23 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 16:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25101 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostMacDuff48, on Dec 22 2017 - 02:44, said:

​I was being sarcastic, but sadly it is close to reality.  The top clans earn the bonds; get the tank.  The rest of us are just wasting time; but I did enjoy the tournament.  It was my first; it just sucks about the change in the way the tanks are bought.

Why is this surprise u? When rules are discussed WG ask big clans what 2 do and how to fix it and I know this for sure. Have reilable info

HI_FIVE #24 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 44004 battles

View Postwombdoctor, on Dec 22 2017 - 11:11, said:

Why is this surprise u? When rules are discussed WG ask big clans what 2 do and how to fix it and I know this for sure. Have reilable info

I dont think that is true.You have any concrete proof?

SomethingCanadianEh #25 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 15:37

Captain

• Players
  • 34575 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View Postatf2901, on Dec 21 2017 - 13:06, said:

We understand but this is where this comes into play. Play better. Get better and get into a top clan. That's why I left BOND because no offense I knew I wasnt going to get anything there. So I played better and got into a clan I really enjoy and is number 8

​As someone not eligible for a tank, I find this to be nonsense. No previous campaign required you to purchase your reward.

Guest_Georgietheprincess_* #26 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 15:54

View PostSomethingCanadianEh, on Dec 23 2017 - 09:37, said:

​As someone not eligible for a tank, I find this to be nonsense. No previous campaign required you to purchase your reward.

Except the is-5 campaign which did. With gold instead of bonds.

Wg stated from well before the campaign started that you'd need 4k bonds to get the tank. If your clan couldn't get you the multiplier you needed to get those bonds get better and find a new clan. Or get better and improve your clan for next time.

Most officer cores at these levels through all their investment into personal fame and ignored bonuses that couldve increased your clans standings and your multiplier. Maybe don't do that next time.

Honestly something like 45% of participating players got the ability to get this tank, a % way higher than previous campaigns. Just be happy you were able to do so badly a D still get a shot at the tank.

SomethingCanadianEh #27 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 21:13

Captain

• Players
  • 34575 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Dec 23 2017 - 08:54, said:

Wg stated from well before the campaign started that you'd need 4k bonds to get the tank. If your clan couldn't get you the multiplier you needed to get those bonds get better and find a new clan. Or get better and improve your clan for next time.

Most officer cores at these levels through all their investment into personal fame and ignored bonuses that couldve increased your clans standings and your multiplier. Maybe don't do that next time.

Honestly something like 45% of participating players got the ability to get this tank, a % way higher than previous campaigns. Just be happy you were able to do so badly a D still get a shot at the tank.

Well if the campaign was as popular as previous campaigns that 45% wouldn't be. Double charging participants is utter nonsense. Requiring their time for the time of the campaign this close to the holidays and then again in bonds. If they are going to require someone to spend a month grinding why not just add them to the tech tree for God's sake. I don' really care that I didn' get a tank thos round. I have a life outside of the game. I'm a dad and on another account the ex leader of PUPEH, I have reward tanks. I just don't understand your bias position nor do I accept it. 

novam1a #28 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 00:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 33281 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

i will gladly pay gold instead of bonds

steelrain97 #29 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 17:00

Captain

• Players
  • 41309 battles

View PostSomethingCanadianEh, on Dec 23 2017 - 14:13, said:

Well if the campaign was as popular as previous campaigns that 45% wouldn't be. Double charging participants is utter nonsense. Requiring their time for the time of the campaign this close to the holidays and then again in bonds. If they are going to require someone to spend a month grinding why not just add them to the tech tree for God's sake. I don' really care that I didn' get a tank thos round. I have a life outside of the game. I'm a dad and on another account the ex leader of PUPEH, I have reward tanks. I just don't understand your bias position nor do I accept it. 

Did they finally perma-ban Alphin (or however you spell it)? I might actually agree with you for once.

OEFArmy #30 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 22:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30623 battles
  • [RC125] RC125

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Dec 23 2017 - 15:54, said:

I'm ok with everything you said except for the bolded part.  "Well before" would be at the very least before the second ranked season.  I am not complaining, I didn't play ranked so I didn't have enough bonds for equipment and didn't spend whatever I earned, so a couple of days of grinding 10s and I have my reward tank after paying 30 games in the campaign.  But, that was pure luck.  If I had enough bonds I would have surely spent it on improved equipment.

OEFArmy #31 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 22:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30623 battles
  • [RC125] RC125

View PostSlyGuy_2, on Dec 21 2017 - 22:27, said:

Not exactly....I sure hope you guys are thanking MAHOU for your place in the campaign because you wouldn't have been there without them

This ^.  That's exactly how a 23rd ranked clan finishes 8th in the campaign, that one MAHOU win does it...

steelrain97 #32 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 20:05

Captain

• Players
  • 41309 battles

View PostGeorgietheprincess, on Dec 23 2017 - 08:54, said:

Sorry George, but IMO you are wrong on this one. 

1. The fact that such a high percentage of players qualified for a tank is not a sign of campaigns getting easier, it's a sign of reduced community participation. Reduced participation is a bad thing. Look at the clan list of the top 15 clans from the campaign and tell me that CW isn't on a heart-lung machine.

2. From my very quick research, less than 500 players received enough bonds from the campaign to buy a tank based solely on bonds received through the campaign. That number is far too low. It should be closer to 2000. It's a campaign reward, not a ranked season+spamming T10 battles+campaign reward. 

3. Well before the campaign is not a week. Well before the campaign would have been several months based on how much time it takes to accumulate large quantities of bonds. 

4. I used to follow your get better and get into a better clan line of thought. Not in the current climate. The number of clans that are good enough to not have to worry about getting the vast majority of members tanks is 4-6. That number is dropping every campaign that comes along. Also, the skill gap between clans in the top 3 vs top 10 vs top 25 is so massive and the number of participating clans is so low that saying that clan officers should concentrate on upping their multiplier is just out of tough with reality. The only way to up your multiplier to any significant level is to place higher as a clan in the campaign. The 15th to 25th ranked clans really have zero realistic hope moving into the top 10. WG's use of a percentage based system for that stuff works for EU or RU servers who have 10 times our population but is much less effective in a small population server. To get enough bonds to get a reward rank meant you had to be in the top 10% of players and be in the top 10% of clans. That's 670 players and 13 clans. That means that the realistic potential for anyone not in a top 5 clan to get enough bonds to buy a tank is zero. Let's contrast that with EU. The top 10% over there is 38 clans and top 10 percent of players is 3684. On EU about 30% of the players that qualified for the tank had a realistic shot at getting enough bonds from the campaign to pay for the tank. On our server that number is closer to 15% and the number that actually did is likely closer to about 12%.

skychan #33 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 02:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 32147 battles
  • [ASSA] ASSA

This is worse. 

Let me figure out how this goes,

Let's see, average battle is ~10 min

Being generous I see all 10's or Grand Battles ~50% of the time

I am in a winning game about ~50% of the time.

I can get say ~8 bonds a game.

So 40 minutes 8 bonds, 10 minutes 2 bonds, 5 minutes a bond.

I still need 1300 bonds

6500 minutes

~110 hours

30 days left

~3-4 hours of grinding tier 10's a day, EVERY day. 

I just finished a 30 day grind, it's how I got the chance to buy a tank. 

Now I have to do another 30 day grind to get it?

This is absolutely crap.  If I do manage to grind them out I'll be so sick of playing WOT and tier 10's that I'll probably just quit playing entirely for a month.  I certainly won't want to play any campaigns again, not if it is Grind for the campaign and then grind for the tank after.

It isn't a reward its a penalty that now forces me to grind 3 hours a day or my first 90 hours is wasted

Sidekick2016 #34 Posted Jan 07 2018 - 00:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18724 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD
I know a better solution to all this madness, why not offer the tanks at different prices, for example M60 is not as desired as the OBJ 907 therefore it should cost 500 bonds less, the 121 B should be 250 bonds less, T95E6 should be 750 bonds less, but the VK 72.01 (K) should cost more. That's my take on this issue, believe me it would solve almost all problems.

LpBronco #35 Posted Jan 07 2018 - 12:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 39152 battles
  • [TG] TG

...because offering a "reward" tank for "sale" is such a good idea. 

In case you missed the sarcasm, L No.

Sidekick2016 #36 Posted Jan 07 2018 - 18:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18724 battles
  • [RE4GD] RE4GD

View PostLpBronco, on Jan 07 2018 - 12:36, said:

...because offering a "reward" tank for "sale" is such a good idea.

In case you missed the sarcasm, L No.

Well the problem is that "reward" tank for "sale" is fact, but If I get the OBJ 907 and have to really hustle for it I will never attempt to get another because they all suck.

kenoman #37 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 16:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31628 battles

View PostSidekick2016, on Jan 06 2018 - 18:29, said:

I know a better solution to all this madness, why not offer the tanks at different prices, for example M60 is not as desired as the OBJ 907 therefore it should cost 500 bonds less, the 121 B should be 250 bonds less, T95E6 should be 750 bonds less, but the VK 72.01 (K) should cost more. That's my take on this issue, believe me it would solve almost all problems.

Or you know, just remove the arbitrary time limit on getting the bonds to get the tank. Make folks pick their tank now and give them 12 months to grind the bonds.  If they've already qualified for it, who cares when they pick it up? There'll be a ranked season or two in there and it'll help with participation. 

ats1080 #38 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 16:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34662 battles
  • [RS] RS

View Postkenoman, on Jan 08 2018 - 10:14, said:

Or you know, just remove the arbitrary time limit on getting the bonds to get the tank. Make folks pick their tank now and give them 12 months to grind the bonds.  If they've already qualified for it, who cares when they pick it up? There'll be a ranked season or two in there and it'll help with participation. 

Because Christmas/New Years is a low server population time.

The_Wild_Weasel #39 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 18:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26680 battles

View Postkenoman, on Jan 08 2018 - 10:14, said:

This makes logic to me ....... any body home at WG ????? HELLOOOOOOOO 

Ironmike11B #40 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 18:51

Captain

• Players
  • 29895 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostSlappedbyPatton, on Jan 08 2018 - 11:19, said:

This makes logic to me ....... any body home at WG ????? HELLOOOOOOOO 

Exactly why they won't do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users