Jump to content


Should you have to pay to take home your trophy from the races too now?


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Should you have to pay to take home your trophy from the races too now? (62 members have cast votes)

If you place in the top podium should you have to pay for your reward

  1. YES YOU SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR A REWARD AT THE RACES (14 votes [22.58%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.58%

  2. NO A REWARD WON AT THE RACES IS GIVEN TO YOU AFTER PLACING (48 votes [77.42%])

    Percentage of vote: 77.42%

Should top clans remain the only ones fielding 907's so that they can keep a monopoly in all events?

  1. YES Monopolies are great (26 votes [41.94%])

    Percentage of vote: 41.94%

  2. NO Monopolies funded by the governing subject are great for competition within the governing subject (36 votes [58.06%])

    Percentage of vote: 58.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Big_Papa_Pandaa #1 Posted Dec 21 2017 - 23:59

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012
I will refrain from stating direct facts and keep it with an inderice analogy from clan wars to races at the track, both very competitive with lots of time effort thought invested.

Edited by Big_Papa_Panda, Dec 22 2017 - 00:01.


Jackson120 #2 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20324 battles
  • 717
  • Member since:
    03-29-2011

View PostBig_Papa_Panda, on Dec 21 2017 - 17:59, said:

I will refrain from typing since WG doesnt like their pot being stirred by anyone else.

 

2700th place is definitely below bronze medal in any race ever. Giving you a tank because you complain is giving you a participation trophy. Which is why everyone in the top clans and top places don't have to worry about bonds. Because they don't have to pay for their medals. Because they earned their bonds by being good and calling 907s a monopoly is like calling gold medalists not sharing their gold medals a monopoly. just because they earn it and you don't doesn't make it a monopoly. 

 

Edit: I do disagree with the reward tanks costing 4k bonds, but I don't like this guy's complaining and lack of reasoning and hurling of insults.


Edited by Jackson120, Dec 22 2017 - 00:04.


Big_Papa_Pandaa #3 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012

View PostJackson120, on Dec 21 2017 - 23:03, said:

 

2700th place is definitely below bronze medal in any race ever. Giving you a tank because you complain is giving you a participation trophy. Which is why everyone in the top clans and top places don't have to worry about bonds. Because they don't have to pay for their medals. Because they earned their bonds by being good and calling 907s a monopoly is like calling gold medalists not sharing their gold medals a monopoly. just because they earn it and you don't doesn't make it a monopoly. 

 

Edit: I do disagree with the reward tanks costing 4k bonds, but I don't like this guy's complaining and lack of reasoning and hurling of insults.

 

if 1-3000 get the same reward technically 3000 players are in first.

Telling me we only participated is like telling someone that is on the rebound from cancer that they only participated.

You don't know thr troubles my group went throught to keep some players in the top 3k When we didnt even have an experienced caller past a certaint time because our teir 10 callers are on the east coast. For you to say we only participated is false. People who dont call had to learn real quick or we wouldnt have placed at all

 

I was informed the last campaign bonds weren't required so i didn't save them for a 907. When 140s have to fight 907's whats gonna happen? All your argument is subject to toilet paper employment to save me a run to town.


Edited by Big_Papa_Panda, Dec 22 2017 - 00:15.


HI_FIVE #4 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 43743 battles
  • 3,032
  • [UQ] UQ
  • Member since:
    05-29-2012
Oh this guy.I like you man. You make me laugh so hard.Plz keep it up.

Big_Papa_Pandaa #5 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012

View PostHI_FIVE, on Dec 21 2017 - 23:08, said:

Oh this guy.I like you man. You make me laugh so hard.Plz keep it up.

 

AS long as you all keep giving me a tune to type to sure, we both get a certain entertainment i mean educational value from it. 

xColonel #6 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29492 battles
  • 31
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011

Or look at the fact that with 79 battles you only achieved 8800 fame points. Maybe you should ask your self if a Mini Cooper(baddie clan) should beat a McLaren(Good clan) and win the same price and less effort. I think you should be happy for the generosity from WG. They have given you an opportunity to get the first price with some extra grinding added.
 

 



Big_Papa_Pandaa #7 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012

View PostxColonel, on Dec 21 2017 - 23:14, said:

Or look at the fact that with 79 battles you only achieved 8800 fame points. Maybe you should ask your self if a Mini Cooper(baddie clan) should beat a McLaren(Good clan) and win the same price and less effort. I think you should be happy for the generosity from WG. They have given you an opportunity to get the first price with some extra grinding added.
 

 

 

I didnt chose which battles I was put in or how many nor did i chose where we applied to land. Comparing a mini cooper to a McLaren dream car is bad, the mini cooper can turn into the McLaren's side right off the line much faster than the McLaren can get away

Edited by Big_Papa_Panda, Dec 22 2017 - 00:24.


HI_FIVE #8 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 43743 battles
  • 3,032
  • [UQ] UQ
  • Member since:
    05-29-2012

View PostBig_Papa_Panda, on Dec 21 2017 - 19:11, said:

 

AS long as you all keep giving me a tune to type to sure, we both get a certain entertainment i mean educational value from it. 

 

Seriously man.Nobody likes the current rules that were set in place.But You shouldnt of lashed out at other players/clans over it.They didnt make the rules they just play by them.As i told others.Instead of complaining over something you have no control over.Maybe just wait and see what WG may or may not do about the situation.In the meantime id be grinding as many bonds as i can.Heck if they change the rule you may have bonus bonds to spend on other things.

7722 #9 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:26

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 23595 battles
  • 29
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
  • Member since:
    05-25-2013
This is a dumb analogy... every race I've participated in has an entry fee. What'd you think that entry fee pays for (at least in part)? So technically, in your analogy of a race, we'd all pay for our 907s in advance and then if you placed you'd then be given one "for free", whereas those who didn't place would have just fed the machine and received nothing.

Big_Papa_Pandaa #10 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:31

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012

 

The only insults dished are to players with no respect for others shown time and time again. There is always another rout to go to get an idea across and the way top clan players do it lacks a moral respect to a fellow human being so they will be treated the way they treat everyone. Call it life 

 

An example, a player doesn't perform well in a pub, some players will insult his mother and all sorts of stuff, or another will message him after battle and help him understand a better more proper tactic which is what i prefer after teaching people Diesel Technology, I like seeing the light bulb come on when people get it, much more satisfying than insulting someone in game with gamer slang.... That's where my lack of respect comes from and i apologize if it offends you, some men you just cant reach. 


Edited by Big_Papa_Panda, Dec 22 2017 - 00:43.


Big_Papa_Pandaa #11 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:33

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012

View Post7722, on Dec 21 2017 - 23:26, said:

This is a dumb analogy... every race I've participated in has an entry fee. What'd you think that entry fee pays for (at least in part)? So technically, in your analogy of a race, we'd all pay for our 907s in advance and then if you placed you'd then be given one "for free", whereas those who didn't place would have just fed the machine and received nothing.

 

Exactly! Thank you

Most everyone at tier 10 has put at least 6 bucks into the game at one point that would be entry fee. The way you put that to explain it to others who haven't entered in a race is perfect and glues it all together

 

The way you stated that provides reason that you should not be treated with respect either, you did not have to call and accurate analogy dumb just because you saw it differently, which is why the evil gaming community also gets zero respect.  No one puts down your name for being 4 inconsequential numbers, which obviously meant something to you at the time, please take family counseling or something and get everyone in thugs a free trial.


Edited by Big_Papa_Panda, Dec 22 2017 - 00:36.


ClydeCooper421 #12 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 13339 battles
  • 2,759
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015

Here's my stance on the whole bond thing: 

 

Is the tank costing bonds a dumb and stupid idea? Yes. In my opinion it's incredibly stupid and doesn't make any sense. 

 

Do I think that wargaming has done anything unfair this campaign or is being unfair to the players who earned the tank receipt? No. Why? Because wargaming stated what it would cost you before the campaign started and you knew that going in so they're not being unfair. 

 

But I do think wg should run a season of ranked battles at the start of january 



Denial_Global_Map_Legend #13 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:04

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1674 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    12-17-2015
OP lets be honest with ourselves here. Just because you fought battles and people in your clan that aren't used to calling had to call, doesn't mean any of you deserve a tank. Is this reward system good? no. Does the tank cost a little to much? Probably. But the reward system does encourage people to get better and play better to receive better stuff. Just because you played battles doesn't make you deserve a reward. Why would someone who played in 100 battles with a 30% winrate get the same reward as someone who played a 100 battles with a 90% winrate?

Big_Papa_Pandaa #14 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012

View PostClydeCooper421, on Dec 21 2017 - 23:56, said:

Here's my stance on the whole bond thing: 

 

Is the tank costing bonds a dumb and stupid idea? Yes. In my opinion it's incredibly stupid and doesn't make any sense. 

 

Do I think that wargaming has done anything unfair this campaign or is being unfair to the players who earned the tank receipt? No. Why? Because wargaming stated what it would cost you before the campaign started and you knew that going in so they're not being unfair. 

 

But I do think wg should run a season of ranked battles at the start of january 

 

 

This is the best response I have came across thank you for your input, i agree. I think it is unfair that in the fact yes i know that there is 1/100 chance I get the bonds for it, however im not going to not participate and leave the members with bonds empty handed due to short teams and mix matched tank line up from tank availability.

 

If every player who wouldn't have bonds didn't play then a lot of players with the bond potential wouldn't have the receipt, I should not be in the top 3k since i cant get the tank and i wish i could pass it on to someone in my clan with the bonds who fell 4 spots short for missing a couple battles, This whole campaign was constructed in a horrible manner, The bonds system the reward system the receipt system. Worst thing is it was a participation marathon to see who could win the most basically..... and that doesnt even accurately sum it up....I will quit posting now because redundancy is evident and WG will never do anything to undermine the top players buying hacks from them to keep them paying.



Big_Papa_Pandaa #15 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:18

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24353 battles
  • 25
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-07-2012

View PostDeniaI, on Dec 22 2017 - 00:04, said:

View PostDeniaI, on Dec 22 2017 - 00:04, said:

OP lets be honest with ourselves here. Just because you fought battles and people in your clan that aren't used to calling had to call, doesn't mean any of you deserve a tank. Is this reward system good? no. Does the tank cost a little to much? Probably. But the reward system does encourage people to get better and play better to receive better stuff. Just because you played battles doesn't make you deserve a reward. Why would someone who played in 100 battles with a 30% winrate get the same reward as someone who played a 100 battles with a 90% winrate?

 

who cares im lettin it go, no point trying to get anywhere in world of tanks, didnt have one from the start and i knew that NOTE THIS IS MY POST no Denial's it will not let me put the curser outside a quote box


Edited by Big_Papa_Panda, Dec 22 2017 - 01:21.


Khromatic #16 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:44

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18528 battles
  • 96
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    03-21-2011

I played 19 battles and ended up in fame rank 339. How does this make you feel?

 

Oh, and I missed over the half the campaign because I was on vacation in another country.



sr360 #17 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 49167 battles
  • 7,084
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011

View PostKhromatic, on Dec 21 2017 - 19:44, said:

I played 19 battles and ended up in fame rank 339. How does this make you feel?

 

Oh, and I missed over the half the campaign because I was on vacation in another country.

 

Vacations are OP pls nerf.

silencer2 #18 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 02:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38171 battles
  • 41
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    01-01-2012

View PostBig_Papa_Panda, on Dec 21 2017 - 23:17, said:

 

I didnt chose which battles I was put in or how many nor did i chose where we applied to land. Comparing a mini cooper to a McLaren dream car is bad, the mini cooper can turn into the McLaren's side right off the line much faster than the McLaren can get away

 

You chose what clan you are in though, and you control how good or bad you play based on how much effort/practice you are willing to put in.

 

Oh and btw, all the good players have the 907's already so few to no more 907s are being passed around. It was just an opportunity, a second chance per se, for you sniveling plebs to get one, assuming you finally learned your lesson and did the proverbial "git gud," or have connections to a top 10 clan and have the clan carry your [edited]to the tank.

 

Agree paying for something you earned sucks, as others stated, you were given prior warning, I like the idea of another ranked battles before selection time expires, and none of this matters to me as I have a little over 10k bonds because I heard from a little birdie that WG might do something of this sort with the bonds (CURRENT EVENTS BRUH)



skychan #19 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 03:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 31761 battles
  • 51
  • [ASSA] ASSA
  • Member since:
    02-06-2013
Let me figure out how this goes,

Let's see, average battle is ~10 min

Being generous I see all 10's or Grand Battles ~50% of the time

I am in a winning game about ~50% of the time.

I can get say ~8 bonds a game.

So 40 minutes 8 bonds, 10 minutes 2 bonds, 5 minutes a bond.

I still need 1300 bonds

6500 minutes

~110 hours

30 days left

~3-4 hours of grinding tier 10's a day, EVERY day. 

 

I just finished a 30 day grind, it's how I got the chance to buy a tank. 

Now I have to do another 30 day grind to get it?

 

This is absolutely crap.  If I do manage to grind them out I'll be so sick of playing WOT and tier 10's that I'll probably just quit playing entirely for a month.  I certainly won't want to play any campaigns again, not if it is Grind for the campaign and then grind for the tank after.

It isn't a reward its a penalty that now forces me to grind 3 hours a day or my first 90 hours is wasted



60_percnt_wrks_everytime #20 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 18:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4858 battles
  • 94
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    04-03-2017

View PostBig_Papa_Panda, on Dec 22 2017 - 00:08, said:

 

if 1-3000 get the same reward technically 3000 players are in first.

Telling me we only participated is like telling someone that is on the rebound from cancer that they only participated.

You don't know thr troubles my group went throught to keep some players in the top 3k When we didnt even have an experienced caller past a certaint time because our teir 10 callers are on the east coast. For you to say we only participated is false. People who dont call had to learn real quick or we wouldnt have placed at all

 

I was informed the last campaign bonds weren't required so i didn't save them for a 907. When 140s have to fight 907's whats gonna happen? All your argument is subject to toilet paper employment to save me a run to town.

 

So in your opinion, tanks are the issue. To use your example, if you were running 907s and played against, say MAHOU running 140s, they would have no chance. This is the reason players/clans don't improve. When you finally get your well deserved 907 participation reward, have you considered what your next excuse is going to be?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users