modpack crash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

JohnnyO7 #1 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 00:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 14502 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

Since v9.21.0 I have problems starting the WoT client. The Launcher starts but when I click Play, nothing happens, nothing loads, no errors.

What I noticed is that the game client refuses to load whenever I installed mods, any mods! If I uninstall the mods and restart my computer, the client loads without any issue. I've been running WoT on this system (Corei7 Win 10) for 6 months with the same modpack without any issues. 
So far:
1. Ran WGCheck Diagnostics but it doesn't run and simply reports: "unsupported client". Hmmm but that happens even when I run it "vanilla".
2. Ran CCleaner on my system - all clean!
3. Cleaned the WOT cache and restarted - no difference
4. Checked the Python logs - nothing
5. Tested my connection with PingPlotter - no real issues
6. Installed different modpacks (with minimal changes) - no difference, still refuses to open
7. Nothing reported in Event Viewer - that would have been nice
8. Installed the SAME modpack on my Corei5 system and the client loads just fine
9. Tried Safe Mode, SD client, and graphics reset - no difference.

10. Drivers are up-to-date

HELP!!!!!!

BigDawgbk #2 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 39184 battles
  • [GNZX3] GNZX3
what I would do and have to great success is start from scratch. uninstall and re install the whole game. I have had to do this a few times when patch and mod dont just jive together. once reinstalled try playing just the vanilla  game a few times and log out then log back rinse and repeat. If no issues try the mod and repeat. Just curious what mod is it and the author?

Gunadie #3 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:21

Major

• Players
  • 44467 battles

View PostJohnnyO7, on Dec 21 2017 - 15:34, said:

Since v9.21.0 I have problems starting the WoT client. The Launcher starts but when I click Play, nothing happens, nothing loads, no errors.

What I noticed is that the game client refuses to load whenever I installed mods, any mods! If I uninstall the mods and restart my computer, the client loads without any issue. I've been running WoT on this system (Corei7 Win 10) for 6 months with the same modpack without any issues. 
So far:
1. Ran WGCheck Diagnostics but it doesn't run and simply reports: "unsupported client". Hmmm but that happens even when I run it "vanilla".
2. Ran CCleaner on my system - all clean!
3. Cleaned the WOT cache and restarted - no difference
4. Checked the Python logs - nothing
5. Tested my connection with PingPlotter - no real issues
6. Installed different modpacks (with minimal changes) - no difference, still refuses to open
7. Nothing reported in Event Viewer - that would have been nice
8. Installed the SAME modpack on my Corei5 system and the client loads just fine
9. Tried Safe Mode, SD client, and graphics reset - no difference.

10. Drivers are up-to-date

HELP!!!!!!

Stop playing with out of game Mods.

EASY, PROBLEM FIXED!

JohnnyO7 #4 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 01:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 14502 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT

View PostBigDawgbk, on Dec 21 2017 - 16:18, said:

what I would do and have to great success is start from scratch. uninstall and re install the whole game. I have had to do this a few times when patch and mod dont just jive together. once reinstalled try playing just the vanilla  game a few times and log out then log back rinse and repeat. If no issues try the mod and repeat. Just curious what mod is it and the author?

If I install a single mod at a time, it seems fine. If I try a modpack, it fails immediately. So far I tried Webiums', Solo's, and 1D6. I install/uninstall each pack separately of course. I may have to re-install the client but I hate doing that so I am trying to avoid any "drastic" measures. Thanks.

QuicksilverJPR #5 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostJohnnyO7, on Dec 21 2017 - 19:24, said:

If I install a single mod at a time, it seems fine. If I try a modpack, it fails immediately. So far I tried Webiums', Solo's, and 1D6. I install/uninstall each pack separately of course. I may have to re-install the client but I hate doing that so I am trying to avoid any "drastic" measures. Thanks.

ASLAIN'S

QuicksilverJPR #6 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 02:13

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostGunadie, on Dec 21 2017 - 19:21, said:

Stop playing with out of game Mods.

EASY, PROBLEM FIXED!

The game is meant to be run with mods (with encouragement from WG, no less) .  Try posting something useful...

Gunadie #7 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 09:08

Major

• Players
  • 44467 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Dec 21 2017 - 17:13, said:

The game is meant to be run with mods (with encouragement from WG, no less) .  Try posting something useful...

Yes, this is why numerous players have endless problems with mods working properly and screwing up their ability to function with the game.

Wg doesn't encourage it, they have only relented because to do otherwise would have meant that they would have to contend with some serious backlash flax!

Their (WG) position is to stimulate as much income as possible with the least amount of objectionable resistance that would have a negative effect on this

Also tagged with modpack, crash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users