Last Campaign for any of you?

Operation Gambit bonds clan wars

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Will any of you stop playing CW campaigns as a result of the current bonds"for tanks reward structure? (135 members have cast votes)

Will any of you stop playing CW campaigns as a result of the current bonds for tanks reward structure?

1. Voted Yes (81 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (32 votes [23.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.70%

3. Voted No (The plebs don't deserve anything for participating at all) (22 votes [16.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

bobdaxx #21 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 04:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33328 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

yah i thought this campaign was smoothest yet.  T here was ZERO [edited]in our clan about who was fighting when.  The multipliers enabled the callers to pick the best teams for the most important fights and no one bitched because everyone knew the important fights benefited the entire clan.

I am def. in for the next one

The_Wild_Weasel #22 Posted Dec 23 2017 - 04:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26680 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
WG is on glue ...... total BS

MacDuff48 #23 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 21:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 23240 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER
I voted to not play, but I will be available to help the clan from taking penalties or fighting short handed.  I will not grind for the tank unless I have the bonds, funds whatever before the campaign starts.

skychan #24 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 02:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 31800 battles
  • [ASSA] ASSA

This is worse. 

Let me figure out how this goes,

Let's see, average battle is ~10 min

Being generous I see all 10's or Grand Battles ~50% of the time

I am in a winning game about ~50% of the time.

I can get say ~8 bonds a game.

So 40 minutes 8 bonds, 10 minutes 2 bonds, 5 minutes a bond.

I still need 1300 bonds

6500 minutes

~110 hours

30 days left

~3-4 hours of grinding tier 10's a day, EVERY day. 

I just finished a 30 day grind, it's how I got the chance to buy a tank. 

Now I have to do another 30 day grind to get it?

This is absolutely crap.  If I do manage to grind them out I'll be so sick of playing WOT and tier 10's that I'll probably just quit playing entirely for a month.  I certainly won't want to play any campaigns again, not if it is Grind for the campaign and then grind for the tank after.

It isn't a reward its a penalty that now forces me to grind 3 hours a day or my first 90 hours is wasted

The_Wild_Weasel #25 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 18:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26680 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

most likely my last, (WG should have at least allowed multiple ways to pay for the reward tank if you were in the top 3k)

Grinding bonds is a joke , and playing ranked battles is a total disaster.....i dont have the time or the patience to grind out my tank i was awarded. 

But WG did state the bond issue, prior to the campaign ............. but it still leaves me feeling a little cheated...... but thats life.. and WG with their heads in the sand.

Yankee #26 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 18:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 35511 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Not unless they offer a new reward tank.

I played an entire campaign to reduce the reload  on a type 5 2.5%

Hardly worth it

Vonkluge1940 #27 Posted Jan 07 2018 - 18:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 21935 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

I agree the bond grind is BS, only because the way it has come down. WE WERE NOT TOLD at the time that ranked battles and the ability to earn bonds was going on that they would be tied to Clan Wars rewards! In fact there was encouragement to use them for equipment and also the temporary perks while doing Strongholds and other activity's. The argument that to do other makes it a participation trophy is BS since many of the other Clan Wars were setup where the WHOLE clan got a tank, many members got them with very little participation. You only get the tank if you have enough FAME points, I do, in fact more than others in better clans, people that get their tanks because the happen to have the bonds or the time to grind them, that fair? The way it was done this time also severally penalizes many of us players who have played a long time (I started in 2011) and over all played way longer than others but cannot sit on the PC for long periods every day to now grind the bonds over the short haul. I spend a lot of money on this game and support it but I feel very let down that after playing about 100 CW games to qualify for the tank Wagaming has not come up with a better way for me to earn my bonds. Wargaming plain and simple has dropped the ball on this one! They failed to make it clear!

The participation in Clan wars has dropped and the reasons for that are;

1. The player base has dropped across the board especially in NA where I think the management has not done the most stellar of jobs.
  2. Clan Wars participation has dropped because Wargaming has still failed to figure out how to make participation amongst the clans a bit fairer. You need to encourage the smaller less skilled clans by giving them a chance to not get stomped for their efforts, with little if anything to show for it except big outlays of time and credits! The way its run now you might as well just give the free stuff to the top clans and save everyone else the bother.

I believe that participation in the “next” CW will be at an all time low if something is not done to rectify the bond issue. I have already heard from dozens of friends in game who have said flat out that they are done and will not play in the next CW campaign because of this and the above. I for one will not be playing unless there is a workable fix adopted soon (I have played in the last 6 CW events)

The simple fix is for WG to just man up and extend the bond earning time indefinitely (perhaps a year) with events allowing you to earn the bonds.  

We can argue this all day and get nowhere, the fact and point is simple. If WG does nothing more about this they WILL further damage the paying player base as well as reduce participation in CW even more, to the point its really a joke. This hurts us all.

PS yep my stats suck, many reasons for that (I played nearly 5-6 thousand games with out a care for stats, crews, or really learning the game...lol!) but in organized team play I'm pretty good)

Edited by Vonkluge1940, Jan 07 2018 - 18:04.

Vonkluge1940 #28 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 07:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 21935 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

Will you play in the next Clan wars?

This is not an “sour grapes” thread, not an attempt to bash WG over the head, but an attempt to voice what for a lot of us a very sore point and something that at least for me will more than likely lead me to not play in the next CW event or severely limit my play. More importantly an issue that WILL lead to smaller CW events and overall a FURTHER decline in numbers overall on the NA server! That’s bad for all of us, from the top player in the top clans to the occasional player in the pubs.

The “Bond Issue” has been discussed all over the forums and its easy to see that the vast majority of players are very unhappy about it. That’s a FACT and really does not need to be discussed more here. What does need to be done is let WGNA know how much their course of action so far on this issue has failed to satisfy a large portion of the player base and the effect it will have on the future of this game.

I’m a pretty average player, perhaps even below average stat wise, but I play way above my stats when in organized events, Strongholds, Clan Wars, ect…. And those events are why I play the game! I quit this game once before because I was just pubbing and we all know how frustrating that can be. I came back after seeing the TV commercials and the improved graphics, but once again was about to quit because of the unorganized play style of pubs. I and a good buddy decided to try joining a clan and do some organized play to see if that was any better and we were “hooked”, I learned a hole lot more about the game and played my heart out in the majority of the CWs over the years (joined in 2011) .  I never won much other than a Badge, but had a ton of fun! Now I’m in a pretty good clan, good callers, very good team players, and we battled our butts off to qualify for rewards in the last CW round only to now find many of us won’t get that reward because of the poor decisions made about the need for bonds as well as the way they are earned.

Nearly everything wargaming does is geared to players that have an inordinate amount of TIME to play the game which in my opinion is poor judgement on their part as most of those people are not part of the player base that supports this game by spending money on it. WITHOUT a high cash influx there is no World of Tanks period! I pay for a premium account, buy gold, tanks, and lots of other stuff, it’s my hobby, I have no problem with that as long as I feel I’m treated fairly by the developers. For a long time, I , and others I have talked with and listened to in the forums have been feeling that that is no longer the case. We are not being treated fairly and we pay the bills! Many of us who spend money on this game have jobs, families, and commitments other than playing all day and when rewards are constantly tied to time limits that for the most part are undoable by this “silent majority” we back off, limit or quit playing, all leading to reduced participation overall and that means less money for WG! Only a fool thinks internet based or any games are produced and maintained without generating cash flow in! I always get a laff out of chat comments from players that say “I don’t spend a dime on this game and anyone who does is stupid” My point is that I’m pissed off that I dedicated a lot of time and resources to fight over 100 battles in the last CW, got my fame points up, won some gold, some camo, and a tank! Wait no I didn’t really win a tank… no for that I have to set even more time aside (perhaps quit my job, get a divorce) and try an “Earn” these 4000 bonds! I had some bonds from ranked battles but used a lot of them for the temporary perks during other events so when the CW event launched I had only a couple of hundred. I started to try an earn bonds but the grind was stupid, trying to get in Tier 10 battles, Grand battles, do well and win, given the time I can devote was not going to happen. Also, some of us live in regions where time works against us! I live on the West Coast and by the time I get home many events are near over and the player base is going offline resulting in fewer Tier 10, and Grand Battles in which to earn those bonds!

This newest plan to give players a chance to pick bonds doesn’t help either since we did not know it was coming, yes, I and many others did not really attempt the first part of the bond grind because simple math let us know we would not make it! This next attempt to fix the situation once again is tied to time and that will work for the players that can spend all that time while those us with limited time are once again left out!

I could go on crying in my beer, I won’t….but I will say once again if WG does not bite the bullet, man-up and make this right they ultimately will suffer with a shrinking player, less event participation, and reduced income….. Top players and the big Clans don’t keep this game running in the BLACK, the average paying player does, there is no question about that, it’s a fact!

SOLUTION: Simply leave the ability to earn the bonds OPEN ENDED! Whenever I (we) get enough bonds I (we) get the tank, PERIOD! Next clan wars WG do whatever you want ONLY LET US KNOW WITH ENOUGH TIME WHAT IS GOING TO BE REQUIRED!

Then think, design, and structure better rewards in the future! WG you need to make participation by smaller clans and less skilled players more viable so that they can learn and get better without being stomped by the big guys all the time. This will lead to increased participation, player base, and fewer people leaving the game due to frustration with it! That good for us all!

So lets keep this thread going and let WG North America know that we are not happy about this and need a fix, a real fix before committing to another CW season!

Chu2000 #29 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 08:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 23948 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

I will definitely do the next campaign. I don't see clan wars or campaigns as a chore because I actually enjoy them.

I do think the bond grind has been a bit rough for many players who are short on time. It has also greatly increased the number battles played in tier 10 tanks which makes grand battles more common (which could be seen as good) but also makes the situation worse for tier 8 MM (obviously bad). It may have also temporarily boosted players doing random battles in the short term at the cost of losing players in the long term (especially clan wars participation as the poll in this thread suggests).

Were these consequences planned on considered by WG? Doesn't really matter because people are still grinding bonds and playing WoT for a tank that 63.79% of players (correct as of posting this message) don't intend on using in a clan wars campaign.

In fact, the consequences may be beneficial for WG in a short to medium time frame, in terms of profitability. People are playing tier 10s in pubs which costs a lot of credits to play (especially if they aren't unicums who can make money at tier 10. Most unicums already got their bonds by being in a top clan), making premium tanks, credits and gold more valued (=money via premium shop).

Consider the opportunity cost for WG. They can have a Clan wars season to make us use our credits to make the items in the premium shop more valued (but also compensate players with gold for CWs, devaluing the prem shop at the same time)... or they can make players spend their credits in pubs which they compensate with a tank they arguably already deserve. Same is true with advances and strongholds to a lesser extent. Players use their credits in those and get compensated with clan reserves.

Wait... what did I even just type... I will stop now.

Mr_Socky #30 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 19:23

Private

• Players
  • 23716 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostGatortribe, on Dec 22 2017 - 14:50, said:

Here's a solution to everyone's issue: you have a whole year to get better at the game and not be part of a social clan by the time the next campaign starts (as if there will be another). So what's stopping you?

View PostFeelMy_APCR, on Dec 22 2017 - 21:29, said:

i got 3k bonds and am already having fun in my shiny new 907 :) work on getting better, join a good clan, and you’ll get access like the rest of us

Those answers are not really relative to the issue that the majority of us are having with this latest campaign. Maybe stop stroking your egos for a second and come engage with us in a sensible discussion.

bobdaxx #31 Posted Jan 23 2018 - 14:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33328 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

I will if it was set up like this last one.  Probably my 4th maybe 5th campaign and I have to say it was the least painful.  The multiplier really kept our members focused on playing to win and not playing to get everyone involved-you can only field so many teams-we had 3 teams.   You win and not necessarily on the A team-who cares, as long as A team is winning your overall multiplier is going up.  I thought it was a good idea from WG to put in the multipliers.  I played maybe 10 games a night for a few weeks and got my 907 thanks to the x5 clan multiplier. 

BUT WG needs to have a diff set of reward tanks

raymee101 #32 Posted Feb 05 2018 - 12:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 58482 battles
  • [ARKAM] ARKAM
Another big issue with the bond problem is the multiplier gained from the clan wars season and a clan selling wins for real life money.  It really needs to be reworked in a fair format.

blairghoul #33 Posted Feb 12 2018 - 20:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17671 battles
  • [NMBS] NMBS

if u don't like the game don't play.

simple

I have fun participating with my clan in almost any battle.

way more fun that pub matches.

if I get something for free or doing good than yaaaa for me.

But all in all I enjoy playing, whether or not I get rewards.

An emblem that shows my skill will keep me happy.

I have put money in this game, or just about every hobby I have ever done, and I still find this cheap compared to warhammer which was my last hobby.

GDS_Starfury #34 Posted Feb 13 2018 - 13:53

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 50927 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
 divorce is cheap compared the Warhammer....

Edited by GDS_Starfury, Feb 13 2018 - 13:54.

BigDollarBillz #35 Posted Feb 23 2018 - 07:05

Major

• Players
  • 36165 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Will never get a tank, simply because I'm probably as good as I'm going to get. In which I'm pretty bad not even an average player. I'll never be even close to 80 percent health wise. After my stroke I have gained back all I'm going to and it's around 60 percent movement of my left side. But I will play cw every chance I get to. I enjoy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users