Jump to content


World of Tanks not installing


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Mesraw #1 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 03:10

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 10450 battles
  • 3
  • [NANI] NANI
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

Hi, there was an issue with WoT so I am trying to reinstall it. 

 

I have deleted the previous instance of WoT

 

I am encountering an issue when I try and execute the app from my Applications folder where I have it installed. 

 

The command prompt shows 

 

"Last login: Mon Dec 25 21:00:42 on ttys000

/Applications/World\ of\ Tanks.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Tanks ; exit;

NAME:~ NAME$ /Applications/World\ of\ Tanks.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Tanks ; exit;

2017-12-25 21:05:30.985 World of Tanks[1513:47300] -[NSProgressIndicator animate:] is deprecated.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

 

[Process completed] 

"

 

A "WoT" alias gets created in my Document folder but doesn't lead anywhere because "The original item for WoT cannot be found"



Mesraw #2 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 03:14

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 10450 battles
  • 3
  • [NANI] NANI
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

  Model Name:    MacBook Air

  Model Identifier:    MacBookAir7,2

  Processor Name:    Intel Core i5

  Processor Speed:    1.6 GHz

  Number of Processors:    1

  Total Number of Cores:    2

  L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB

  L3 Cache:    3 MB

  Memory:    4 GB

 

The hardware shouldn't be a problem. I've played it yesterday with no issues. There is no World Of Tanks folder that gets created in my documents folder



Lethalhavoc #3 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 04:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 38493 battles
  • 10,530
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

Send a PM to this guy explaining the issue. http://forum.worldof...olt-1012460950/

If he can't help you, no one can.



megacheese #4 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 04:22

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5829 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011
Having the exact same problem here, except on a Mac Book Pro instead. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

black_colt #5 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 20:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 3580 battles
  • 2,197
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View Postmegacheese, on Dec 25 2017 - 19:22, said:

Having the exact same problem here, except on a Mac Book Pro instead. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated

 

View PostMesraw, on Dec 25 2017 - 18:10, said:

Hi, there was an issue with WoT so I am trying to reinstall it. 

 

I have deleted the previous instance of WoT

 

I am encountering an issue when I try and execute the app from my Applications folder where I have it installed. 

 

The command prompt shows 

 

 

"Last login: Mon Dec 25 21:00:42 on ttys000

/Applications/World\ of\ Tanks.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Tanks ; exit;

NAME:~ NAME$ /Applications/World\ of\ Tanks.app/Contents/MacOS/World\ of\ Tanks ; exit;

2017-12-25 21:05:30.985 World of Tanks[1513:47300] -[NSProgressIndicator animate:] is deprecated.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

 

[Process completed] 

"

 

A "WoT" alias gets created in my Document folder but doesn't lead anywhere because "The original item for WoT cannot be found"

 

Not sure what is going on so I am recommending deleting the WoT Mac Wrapper using the Studly Utility.

 

The next steps will [Delete Completely] and [Disable Torrents].  The WoT Mac Wrapper can be very sensitive to using Torrents - not sure why.

 

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208

 

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

 

Install the Studly Utility 

 

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.

 

Launch the Studly Utility

 

NOTE: If you want to keep your replays you must duplicate the [replays] folder and move it to the Desktop. The next step will completely delete all files.  You can also use Spotlight to locate this folder [replays]

 

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] then Click on [OK] in the next dialog box. 

 

Go to your region specific World of Tanks website and download the WoT Mac Wrapper from the site.

 

Follow the instructions to install.  Eject the .dmg file and if macOS asks if you want to [Keep] - click on [Keep].

 

Double click on the app to launch and wait until you see [Updating game client:] then click on the double vertical lines immediately to the left of [PLAY] button to stop the update. 

 

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper.

 

If open quit the WoT Mac Wrapper and make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

 

Go Back to/Relaunch the Studly Utility

 

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Disable Torrents]

 

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.  

 

Install any updates to the WoT Mac Wrapper - this is separate from game updates which happen in the [PLAY] dialog box after the WoT Mac Wrapper finishes launching.

 

Let the game install any updates needed in the [PLAY] dialog box.  When complete click on [PLAY] and log-into the game.

 

Please let the Forum know if this works ...



black_colt #6 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 20:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 3580 battles
  • 2,197
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

I recommend that all users of the WoT Mac Wrapper run some form of fan control. 

 

IMHO Macs Fan Control by CRYSTALIDEA is the app to look at.

 

Why?

 

Have been running flawlessly for several years on my Apple-branded Intel-based hardware under both OS X/macOS and MS Windows.

 

Also the app is pre-emptive versus reactive so you will prevent premature shutdowns, lower performance [but this comes at cost of severely draining your battery so always play with your Mac plugged in]



Mesraw #7 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 03:18

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 10450 battles
  • 3
  • [NANI] NANI
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

Running the Studly Utility and deleting the files completely solved the problem. 

 

Before I removed the Utility, I saw that there was an option to solve something like "Error of window shutting down" something along those lines. I think that this might have solved the problem, rather than deleting everything itself. 



black_colt #8 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 07:02

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 3580 battles
  • 2,197
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostMesraw, on Dec 26 2017 - 18:18, said:

Running the Studly Utility and deleting the files completely solved the problem. 

 

Before I removed the Utility, I saw that there was an option to solve something like "Error of window shutting down" something along those lines. I think that this might have solved the problem, rather than deleting everything itself. 

 

​I recommend that you keep the Studly Utility on your Mac as it allows individuals to correct common issues with the WoT Mac Wrapper with a few clicks.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users