App Store ID not known by WG site

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Umpoid_the_actual #1 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 23:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

(I can't figure out where else to post this.)

I am using only one email address.  I have a land line and DSL, no mobile devices.  I have a Mac Mini.

I downloaded WoT Blitz thru the Mac App Store.  My normal WoT Blitz game password is my Apple ID, and Name1.

I had a connection problem, which I since solved (an iTunes upgrade somehow deleted a password link someplace on my Mac), and when I tried to ask about it in a forum, the WG website wouldn't recognize my Apple ID.  I used the same email to generate a new WG password, using Name2, to be able to use the forums.

The Blitz player rating function doesn't work; if I try to visit the website to check it, I can only use Name2.  Name1 (and it's 20+ tanks) seems to not exist.

With Blitz Fair, same thing.  With my Name1, I have tickets and such.  But I can't enter the Fair using my Apple ID, since my email address only links to my WG Name2.

This is not a big problem, since I have plenty of fun anyway.  Is there a fix?

PS.  During that connection problem I tried to put in a support request.  As I recall, I couldn't.  It asked for mobile numbers, and I don't have one.  I was unable to complete that form since it asked for non-existent information; clearly I can play without a mobile, so why would a support form block such a user? 

Scorpiany #2 Posted Dec 26 2017 - 23:38

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 32618 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
These are the PC Forums - Head on over to the Blitz site, and maybe they can answer your question.

Paladin1954 #3 Posted Dec 27 2017 - 00:45

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 90484 battles
  • [WWIII] WWIII

It was in the news last week.Apple was going to block any sites selling loot boxes.You can thank EA Star wars battlefront for that

Umpoid_the_actual #4 Posted Dec 29 2017 - 02:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostPaladin1954, on Dec 27 2017 - 00:45, said:

It was in the news last week.Apple was going to block any sites selling loot boxes.You can thank EA Star wars battlefront for that

Thank you.  I'll have to ponder it.  It seems like the WG site doesn't even know that I have a Name1, much less that it's an Apple ID.  Is this cause and effect?  I can't post in the Blitz section because I need 5 battles (with no games played on Name2), or it just doesn't say why.  Yet I can post here as Name2, no battles.  I'm baffled.  I shall just not care, it does not detract from my tons of fun.  I've pretty much maxed my desired Name1 acquisitions and upgrades, so maybe I'll enter Blitz some day with my WG ID as Name2 and start from scratch again.  Heck I had fun the first time.  More likely, I just won't care.  Can I sell my Name1 tanks to my Name2 account, same email?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users