Underperforming PC

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Ericmopar #21 Posted Apr 18 2018 - 06:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1195 battles

View PostEastCoast_Mobster, on Dec 26 2017 - 17:51, said:

I have a MSI laptop with a GTX 1050 I payed, $1100 for.Looking at it now horrible decision for the cost many better laptops out there. I use this computer when I am at the Girlfriends for the weekend or on vacation, or when my motherboard randomly decides to die. Well I use to be able to play Tanks on Low settings with a 50ish pfs. I am now getting hardly 20. I have Malwarbytes, I have ran RKill, I havent done anything abnormal to the computer. So I google, "gtx 1050 underperfoming" takes me to a website called TechPowerup, I run it and it and it firstly recognizes my "Intel R HD Graphics 630". Not my NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050, could some how my computer switched to running off  the built in VideoCard, not the GTX? And if so how do i go about checking and changing?

That's usually a BIOS setting. IE You want to get into the BIOS and make sure it will only use the onboard GTX1050 chip.

Did you maybe have something going on where you were instructed to reset the BIOS/CMOS ?

Some laptops and PCs come with fancy software to to that, Change GPUs from the desktop, but it can be buggy and use a lot of background CPU and RAM.

Other than that did you install any new Anti Virus or other programs that might be interfering, since you purchased it?

Also, Windows 10 is notorious for changing GPU and other drivers every 90 days or so, without the owners permission. It might show the correct driver in the Programs and Features, but if a person right clicks the desktop and actually checks the system info in the Nvidia Control Panel, it will tell you the true driver version installed.

If the Nvidia driver version numbers don't match between the system info in the Nvidia Control Panel and the Programs and features, then download the correct Nvidia laptop driver (they are different from the PC versions) and reinstall it.

Don't use the one from MSI, go to Nvidia and get the correct laptop  version.

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

If the Nvidia driver version number in the System Info section of Control Panel is higher than the driver version in the Programs and Features, congratulations, you have been victimized by a Microsoft Ninja Update.

Note: they like to mess up all drivers the same way, not just graphics. Also, the G-Force experience etc can also foul things up on some systems. I just install the actual GPU driver, Phys-X and HD audio drivers.

Eric.

johannesda #22 Posted May 10 2018 - 05:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

First of all, be careful with MSI laptops. They have crazy internal issues sometimes such as lowering the performance and internet connection if its not a full power. You can manually turn this off but this should not be a thing on a gaming laptop to begin with. I would always recommend you go for an Asus or maybe Acer laptop for gaming if you wanna know why, check source.  https://www.progamer...gaming-laptops/

While MSI is considered a pro gaming brand it is very underwhelming when it comes to some of their laptops. Don't get me wrong, some of them are great but I bought one for almost 2k dollars and within a year it was ready to be thrown out. 

jamesflood1 #23 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 18:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

If you want to increase the performance of your PC then you need to setup a new windows and install anti virus too to protect your important files.

Taggeth #24 Posted Jul 13 2018 - 20:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11656 battles
  • [FRAY] FRAY

View PostCatPuncher, on Dec 26 2017 - 20:10, said:

I am now running at 90ish fps with custom setting that looks considerably better than what i was running! My first game with reinstalled drivers

Victory!
Battle: Fjords 
Vehicles: Bat.-Châtillon 25 t
Experience received: 1,859
Bonds received: 4
Credits earned: 97,312 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 315)
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Confederate, Mastery Badge: "III Class"

5004 damage.

Thank you, I followed your advice to a Tee and it worked! I really appreciate the help! 

I'm glad you were able to get it fixed.  You had me worried for a minute as I think my MSI is the same model.  But I run ultra at 45-70 fps without any problems.   :)

Death_Racker #25 Posted Sep 26 2018 - 11:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Hmmmm :child:

Edited by Death_Racker, Sep 30 2018 - 09:40.

Death_Racker #26 Posted Sep 30 2018 - 09:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Well MSI has a huge Fan Following among gamers but that your choice I recommend Acer Predator Helios 300

Best gaming laptops under 1000 dollar Because it offers high graphics and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU which run all the games at a high frame rate at a very reasonable price. All the latest Games Far Cry 5 Dhoom , the witcher, PUBG perform excellent in this machine :) 

lordpelvis #27 Posted Oct 02 2018 - 14:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41469 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX

I just bought an hp laptop with ryzen 3 cpu and vega graphics....$399 from officedepot.

It runs wot great......turned off my gaming rig and have my laptop hooked up to my 40 inch hd tv......

Ajmeelvela #28 Posted Nov 07 2018 - 08:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
First of all I'd really recommend you to install an anti-virus on your laptop. You can check out the best ones for gaming on google. Also I'd recommend you to buy a gaming laptop. A cheap one would be find if you don't have the budget. You can check out some reviews here (https://cartvela.com...ptop-under-500/)

DawyneCook #29 Posted Dec 07 2018 - 23:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I don't play game on my laptop. I used to play back in 2015 when I travelling. I am an addicted gamer and I bought gaming laptop from Asus. Still I have the laptop. There are many reasons you are facing such issues.Like others member said it's a driver related issue. I  am thinking the same. If that not help then i would say you should now upgrade your gaming laptop.Acer Predator Helios 30 is the best budget gaming laptop  with great performance in my opinion.

battle__warriors #30 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 16:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
MSI GV62 8RD-276 would be the best gaming laptop under $1000 price range. It offers many high-end features such as NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050TI 4G GDDR5, 128GB NVMe SSD + 1TB (5400Rpm), Intel Core i7-8750H and lots more to play most of the latest games. 

lordpelvis #31 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 20:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41469 battles
  • [SMAX] SMAX

Make sure its plugged into the wall.

Running a laptop with out power cord will cut power in half.

SquishySupreme #32 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 03:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2134 battles
Completely obvious, but some cheaper laptops still come with a spinning drive in them.  The speed difference is quite noticeable with a SSD.

bevust #33 Posted Apr 27 2019 - 18:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 31390 battles
  • [M_N] M_N
asus rog strix are ok

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users