• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

StrachwitzPzGraf #61 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 16:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 37329 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

View Post__WarChild__, on Dec 27 2017 - 15:04, said:

Individual missions, marks of excellence, personal rating, etc. - those are to blame for the camping, sniping, etc. folks.  However, XVM is used differently by various folks.  When unicums see it's skewed too much, they sit back and farm as much as they can before they die. I, however, try to end it quickly and move on to the next game.  It would be weird if Wargaming made it to where you had a chance to win every game.

Why would you say that?  How is that a weird thing?  I think every game should be as close to 50-50 as reasonably possible -- as you said -- there are players who will play differently if they see the game is "skewed" too much -- so why not have it be not "skewed"?   Just finding your sentiment a bit puzzling...

scharnhorst310 #62 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 17:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 24444 battles

View Posttimelabor, on Dec 28 2017 - 07:48, said:

Why would you say that?  How is that a weird thing?  I think every game should be as close to 50-50 as reasonably possible -- as you said -- there are players who will play differently if they see the game is "skewed" too much -- so why not have it be not "skewed"?   Just finding your sentiment a bit puzzling...

Its because you've not thought out the potential consequences of changing MM to account for player skill. In the system you want a good player will see harder matches because the MM has to balance for him. it will either put more bad players on his team, or try to find other good players to put on the other. Either way his games get more challenging. Your MM system makes it nice and difficult for anyone who learns this game, it will push people down to 50% winrates.

Lets think about it from the other side. If i'm a bad player i'm loving this new system. MM now ensures that teams i'm on are better because normally i'm so bad that i drag teams down, but in this system it puts better players on my team or puts other terribads on the other. That guy will win more now... same useless player now gets teams to help carry him to around 50% winrate. 

So all you did was remove incentives for learning how to play this game. Random MM treats everyone equally. We all get the same number of good teams, bad teams, and the multitude in the middle. Random MM ensures that even bad players will get put on good teams, that they will win somewhere around 35% of the time automatically; while it caps out the best to win around 65-70% of the time. Rather a system that treats everyone equally, lets the players decide how much they want to win within its confines. 

Edited by scharnhorst310, Dec 28 2017 - 17:49.

AZandEL #63 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 17:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27683 battles

View PostWolfdingo, on Dec 27 2017 - 19:22, said:

My worst games are the ones where so called unicum scum sit back and snipe away. What they decided instead of playing their roll spotting or support, They'll hide behind TD's and snipe. Then their are the ones with light tanks that see a bad team will either snipe or YOLO. Then there is ARTY player who will pick on the best player in the game, just because they are the best player on the team. There is no MOD out there that should be allowed period.

Fully agree. WG could implement many of the features in the game settings. As it is its basically a hack.

Wolfdingo #64 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 20:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 97821 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH

View PostDevildog8, on Dec 28 2017 - 10:32, said:

has nothing to do with XVM has to with a players target selection, XVM doesnt make a player play bad he and he alone controls his gameplay, saying XVM is the cause of that is just simply a cop out of not doing your job in battle to help the team win

​Just so you know it's payers like you that I am trying to help. Turn off your XVM maybe you will break a 1000 on your win8.

Sgt__Guffy #65 Posted Dec 29 2017 - 18:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

WG removes all modifiers, and I mean all, remove all doubt.

There should be no modifiers, they are not needed to play the game.

Manimal__ #66 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 38705 battles

View PostVanatee, on Dec 27 2017 - 11:24, said:

A generic no to the OP or the no, don't break xvm?  I agree with a generic 'no' to the OP, but I actually do agree that XVM is more toxic than beneficial at this point.

Removing xvm is not going to remove the toxicity from the game. Take example of many of the lower tiers from 1 - 5. There are very few players that even know xvm exists and it is still toxic.

mojave #67 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 06:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24921 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
If who was on the enemy team was hidden so that all you could see is what tank they are in it would rectify my issue with xvm. I really dislike that on multiple occaisions individuals have seen that xvm said the chance to win was low and therefore decided not to play or simply suicide. Xvm's chance to win often creates a self fulfilling prophecy.

StiffWind #68 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 09:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 15110 battles
  • [MOV] MOV

View PostOneMadIrishman, on Dec 27 2017 - 21:07, said:

XVM is a personal preference available to everyone. Why is it for you or anyone else to decide on my personal preferences? Do you think it will make You play better? Won't happen, dream on.

Ahhh....the old "why don't you cheat, too" argument.  XVM makes games end faster...WoT will NEVER get rid of it.  Unless you can offer a suggestion that will make games end faster or players spend more money, WoT is not interested.  Period.  As such, a suggestions forum is largely a waste of time (and, ultimately, our money).

XVM takes away from the sliver of reality that is still left in this game.  As such, my opinion is that it should go.  But again, not happening.

Edited by StiffWind, Dec 31 2017 - 09:15.

_Gungrave_ #69 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 12:31

Major

• Players
  • 42534 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

They don't need to get rid of XVM they just need to give us the option to hide our stats while in a match. The game could display you normally but your name and clan tag will be hidden only saying your name as a random player number like 'Player 1', 'Player 2' and so on. Obviously when someone reports you WG can still see your name.

Example

Platoon #   |  Badge  |  Player #  |  Name of Tank

Doing it this way people can still use XVM while others can hide their stats in a match if they want to.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Dec 31 2017 - 12:32.

Also tagged with XVM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users