First game in new Challenger: 5 kills, 1,980 damage, win

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

AbramsSmakr #1 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 01:28

Major

• Players
  • 5815 battles

I havent been playing much in last few months, but during the last test server, I discovered the Challenger and played a few games in it(always low or mid tier). I had been playing the Sturer Emil in test, with plans of buying one, but slow, turretless, paper armor TD's are becoming less useful with every new patch. It actually took me a few games to realize the Challenger doesnt actually have a 360 degree turret, but a 120 degree turret is better than none at all, and 52kph is better than 25kph. Trying out the Challenger was purely random and accidental, as I wanted to play the Charioteer, Conway and FV 4005. But I sorta liked the Challenger.

So I bought some gift boxes(after much frustration and failure), and since I had NOT ever researched or bought ANY tanks in the Challenger's line, I decided to skip ALL the way up to it, buy and upgrade it using mucho 'free' xp, and move my Crusader's 1 - 3/4 skill crew, plus 2 new recruits, fully trained with gold. After I was done, I had just 2,638 credits left!!

So my 1st game started out a little rough, as I missed or bounced 2-3 shots, but my team got ahead, and I started hitting. Next thing I know, I am the only tank alive, against a Hellcat and an arty, and I was a 1-shot for either of them. . The Hellcat managed to get real close to me b4 I spotted him, but fortunately he missed a close shot, and I killed him. Then I went after arty using a round about route to get there, spotted him, and missed yet another open shot! I was lucky he didnt kill me, but I reloaded in time and took him out.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4036465#fjords-abramssmakr-challenger

_kumicho_ #2 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 02:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 45914 battles
yea, they buffed it with a bigger, more useful gun and its pretty fun now. grats on the good game.

AbramsSmakr #3 Posted Dec 28 2017 - 02:58

Major

• Players
  • 5815 battles

View Post_kumicho_, on Dec 27 2017 - 20:36, said:

yea, they buffed it with a bigger, more useful gun and its pretty fun now. grats on the good game.

Honestly, I had never even noticed the Challenger. I paid so little attention to the British lines, that many of those tanks were mysteries to me. I assume that the pre-buff version of the Challenger must have had only the 17pdr mark VII, which has fantastic accuracy and aim time, but sub-par pen. If it was still limited to that gun, I dont know if I woulda bought it. I do want to work up to the Charioteer though, and having to skip 7 tanks that I had never played would have been insanely costly!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users