WOT Ninja, Happy New Year

Ninja art painter artist graphic art

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

2ndAD2015MPD #1 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 16:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 39187 battles

Just to start the year off I just want to give props to all the world that loves to play; the NA Server of World of Tanks! Oh I'm special because I am a American? You bet your bottom dollar you are!

Bet Your Bottom Dollar Meaning from: https://writingexplained.org/idiom-dictionary/bet-your-bottom-dollar

Definition: A sure thing.

This idiom describes something that is sure or certain to happen. If someone says that you should bet your bottom dollar on an outcome, he or she believes the outcome is guaranteed.

If you bet your bottom dollar on something, you are so sure of the result that you would be willing to place a monetary bet on it—and your bottom dollar at that. What does bottom dollar mean? Your bottom dollar is the last dollar you have to your name; it’s the last dollar in a stack.

Origin of Bet Your Bottom Dollar

Bet my bottom dollar The idiom bet your bottom dollar originates from the United States. Like many idioms, there are multiple ideas as to its origin.

Reportedly, one of the first uses of the phrase is from an 1856 newspaper, which included a line about choosing a presidential candidate.

The line read,
•“I’m goin’ to vote for you [James Polk] – you can bet your bottom dollar on that!”

The phrase indicated that the voter was so confident that he would vote for James Polk that he told other people they should be willing to bet on it.

Other origin stories point to poker players in the 1800s. If players were certain that their poker hand would win the game, they would put their dollar underneath the stack of money being bet in the middle of the table, thus betting with the bottom dollar.

Examples of Bet Your Bottom Dollar

I bet your bottom dollar When people say you should bet your bottom dollar on something, they are certain that said thing will happen. For example, if you are a huge Star Wars fans and someone asks you if you plan to see the upcoming Star Wars movie, you might respond saying,
•You can bet your bottom dollar I’m going to see Star Wars. I’m going opening night!

People might say that you should bet your bottom dollar on the way someone will act or the outcome of an event. Since this idiom does not necessitate the placing of a monetary bet, anyone can say they are willing to bet their bottom dollar.

It is used simply as a statement of reassurance and guarantee.

More Examples
•“Bet your bottom dollar the euro stays strong.” –USA Today
•“Bet your bottom dollar that “Annie the Musical” is coming to Segerstrom Center.” –LA Times

Summary

The American idiom bet your bottom dollar means that somebody is certain that the outcome of an event will be what he or she expects.

this album is one of my all time favorites!:

Ted Leo and The Pharmacists  
 Album Hearts of Oak

Oceans lay between us and the things we think we need
But I've known many who would gladly swim to get to where you are
Always more together than the ones you think are better off
But darling, no one's made it half as far

Check me out January first at: radmanart2ndhome.blogspot.com/

I owned a Kawasaki 12,000 CC Ninja, and rode it like a Ninja from 2001 to 2008 on Highway 75; and am tried and true to be still alive.

ICP and WOT go together perfectly:

I know I am a Ninja Artist; I still wish I could be a WOT Ninja. I kept hearing this song over and over in my head; but could not remember what album it came from. When I remembered I posted it here. Also I love all those old Kung Fu movies allot. I try to apply Kung Fu towards my WOT playing skills.

Ninja
Insane Clown Posse  
Album Tunnel of Love
"What the hell's a ninja?

(ninja's posess a superior skills of ninjitsu, mu'a[edited]a;)
Ninja's are a branch of the Japanese samurai, a very old organization
Its origins are hundreds of years old, much of its history is being lost
Not many ninja's exist today, yet they all have indomitable fighting skills
As a part of ninjitsu
(ninja's of the indomitable fighting skills, of a ninja, a ninjer, a
Mutha'[edited]in' ninja)
No matter what weapons you use, a "ninjer" will never die!"

Damn I wish I could be a Shogun Samurai
So I could swing a sword and make necks fly
I'd go to school and ninja-crawl through the halls
N' then I'd jump out n' stab [edited]in the balls
Cuz I remember these kids from the playground
Everybody'd hang around, we were all down
But then we grew up, n' everybody turned away
N' now they dissin' me, yellin', "[edited]Nerdy-J"
I sit n' think at how it changed as I got olda'
As I think I draw a ninja on my folda', Ugh
What I would do if I only had a ninja sword
You'd see blood start flingin' on tha chalkboard
I'd tell the whole class, "nobody move or jiggle
First one that do I'll make yer [edited]in' neck wiggle."
Everyone wold start jockin', the news would take my picture'
DAMN I wish I could be a ninja (in WOT!)

I can not believe they lost their court case. These guys are so obviously one of the most talented musical acts of the past 3 century's. With all that effort to be so amazingly one of a kind purely musically entertaining, where could they possibly have time to have anything to do with gangs? Why would such a hardworking and hugely successful music act; even care about gangs? This is wrong, and just plain weird; that they lost this righteous court case.

: Insane Clown Posse Lose Appeal Over FBI Gang Designation
Billboard-Dec 19, 2017
Fans of rap-metal music group Insane Clown Posse have lost an appeal to have an FBI report scrubbed of language referring to them as a gang. The group's fans are known as Juggalos. They're upset that a 2011 report given to Congress describes Juggalos as a “loosely organized hybrid gang.” The fans ...
From: https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8071096/insane-clown-posse-lose-appeal-fbi-gang-designation

Also I changed my about me on my profile page just now to read this:

My wife was in 2nd AD and my dad was a Middletown Police officer; all my life and all his life, it seemed like. I suffered through almost 7 years of my wife being in the Army. From 1993 to 1999. Waiting for her with a aching heart; never know if she was ever going to make it home alive from one of her; unending amount of training exercises. Her biggest fear was being run over by a tank at night; while she was sleeping at night. She told me they always come close at night. She told me a tank came through real fast one time and ran over a port o potty. I started my account in 2015.

This is the meaning of my name 2ndAD2015MPD

Edited by 2ndAD2015MPD, Dec 31 2017 - 16:45.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Dec 30 2017 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 38863 battles
Have you gone completely mad?

Also tagged with Ninja, art, painter, artist, graphic art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users