Artillery absolutely integral to game-quit whining

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

kermitfrg #41 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12388 battles

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 12:20, said:

Yeah, because only heavy tanks and artillery play the game.

What would actually happen is that mediums and lights would be allowed to get around without fear of being death slapped for most of their health, then having their superior gun handling and mobility taken away from them for 10-15 seconds.

lol dude you make it sound so easy for arty to hit a light tank going full speed. Light tanks that are good, and know the map are incredibly difficult for arty to hit.  If you are in a position to be destroyed by an arty in your light tank, my guess the problem is with you and not the arty.

+1 to OP. Arty is fun, and people are just butthurt when they get killed by arty; yet they never complain when killed by anyone else. 

PS: And screw those elitists, that say: ''most good players (as someone mentionned previously) hate arty". It's their opinions, but those unicom are not some kind of feudal lord that all must obey, you are good at the game? Congrats buddy. But this is a game, and hence all players most be considered.

Edited by kermitfrg, Dec 31 2017 - 18:30.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #42 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46285 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post9999bc, on Dec 31 2017 - 17:40, said:

OP is right.

1. First big arty change, patch 8.6, caused big player loss

2. Second big arty change, patch 9.18, caused big player loss

Keeping whining about arty, and we'll see another big arty change that will kill NA server.

None of the big arty changes caused players to stay; the opposite happened. This tells you arty has positive impact on player bases. You nerf arty, you lose players!

Feel free to say otherwise if you have numbers to back you.

I only recently discovered  arty.  Very fun to play. Tried to play other classes after but quickly  went back to GWE Panther. Best Panther in the game btw. If they makw more negative changes/remove arty from the game I will loose interest in WOT. Along with many more. Be careful what you wish for people.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #43 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46285 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:29, said:

Another cow blindly walks into the slaughterhouse.

Another mediocre player thinks that his  expertise will benefit this tread.

__xXKingXx__ #44 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19277 battles
  • [TRETA] TRETA

Enjoy the TK Wave

Duqe #45 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 25808 battles
  • [BERT] BERT

View Postkermitfrg, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:29, said:

lol dude you make it sound so easy for arty to hit a light tank going full speed. Light tanks that are good, and know the map are incredibly difficult for arty to hit.  If you are in a position to be destroyed by an arty in your light tank, my guess the problem is with you and not the arty.

+1 to OP. Arty is fun, and people are just butthurt when they get killed by arty; yet they never complain when killed by anyone else. 

PS: And screw those elitists, that say: ''most good players (as someone mentionned previously) hate arty". It's their opinions, but those unicom are not some kind of feudal lord that all must obey, you are good at the game? Congrats buddy. But this is a game, and hence all players most be considered.

It's very easy, it happens constantly. And that position to get destroyed by artillery is "going 60km/h and swerving incoming fire from actual tanks"

View PostP_A_N_Z_E_R, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:31, said:

Another mediocre player thinks that his  expertise will benefit this tread.

A different perspective; Someone who has nerve problems in both arms and legs, only has full function of a total of 7 fingers, and yet still plays better than 80% of the playerbase. Also Fibromyalgia, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ehler-Danlos.

Sgt__Guffy #46 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Dec 31 2017 - 10:23, said:

Removing artillery would change the game a lot less than removing any other class of vehicle, therefore SPG's are the least important class.

A second point:

Show me a 55%+ player who supports SPG's. You won't find any. If the players who are good at the game hate arty, arty is not good for the game.

Oh, come off it! What utter rubbish!  55%+ players have a vested interest in getting rid of artillery so they can dominate the game with their gold spamming OP vehicles, heavy death incarnates and heavy hitting TD's. So who are you kidding? This BS has been the mainstay of artillery hater arguments and are as fallacious now as they ever were. 

So quit the BS and be honest for once, that most players like you are selfish statpadders where artillery spoils the chance of you dominating the game.

Fortunately the decision of artillery's presence in the game is not yours to make. A mute point, but artillery will never be removed from the game. You know it, I know it and although every other player might not like to admit it, they know it too!

Have fun, keeping it real for once.

Guffy.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Dec 31 2017 - 18:51.

hunler317 #47 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 26143 battles

First, if Arty  is so crucial, why does MM  allow games to be generated without a single one in the battle?  Seems to me in those games, most pregame comments are, yeah, no arty.  I rarely see anyone say "crap, no arty to support us".  Correction, I've never seen anyone say that.  

Second what they should do, is allow us to go to settings and select either battles with arty  enabled or battles without.  Let the players decide.  Plus, it's win-win for WG , they don't have to reimburse players for grinding and buying spg's.  At the very least, they need to restrict battles to one arty.  Three is just too many with the stun effect.

Third, right now M&M is the main issue.  It's broken beyond belief.  

P_A_N_Z_E_R #48 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46285 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:43, said:

It's very easy, it happens constantly. And that position to get destroyed by artillery is "going 60km/h and swerving incoming fire from actual tanks"

A different perspective; Someone who has nerve problems in both arms and legs, only has full function of a total of 7 fingers, and yet still plays better than 80% of the playerbase. Also Fibromyalgia, Psoriatic Arthritis, and Ehler-Danlos.

Hmmm you win my apologies.

Duqe #49 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 25808 battles
  • [BERT] BERT

View PostP_A_N_Z_E_R, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:59, said:

Hmmm you win my apologies.

You're not wrong in that I'm bad though. I'm terrible at aiming accurately, reaction times, and winning shoot-outs when me and another player are both one-shots. Mechanically, I'm awful.

But I know how vision mechanics and vision control works, I pick my positioning carefully, I know my vehicles (and their modules/armour layouts), and I read my mini map, which I swear over half of the community still doesn't know exists.

I could easily make it all easier for me by just playing artillery, but it's so boring.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #50 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 46285 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 19:04, said:

You're not wrong in that I'm bad though. I'm terrible at aiming accurately, reaction times, and winning shoot-outs when me and another player are both one-shots. Mechanically, I'm awful.

But I know how vision mechanics and vision control works, I pick my positioning carefully, I know my vehicles (and their modules/armour layouts), and I read my mini map, which I swear over half of the community still doesn't know exists.

I could easily make it all easier for me by just playing artillery, but it's so boring.

Still quite an achievement considering the deseases you havw to battle. I recall a post by a player who was able to get some improvements in coordination  by playing this game  after surviving a stroke.

Guest_Heldar_* #51 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:49

View PostT__J, on Dec 31 2017 - 10:28, said:

And ???, i love arty dont matter if they even Nerf more, i will keep killing cry babies "unicums", 

You should probably put more effort in learning English.

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Dec 31 2017 - 11:50, said:

Oh, come off it! What utter rubbish!  55%+ players have a vested interest in getting rid of artillery so they can dominate the game with their gold spamming OP vehicles, heavy death incarnates and heavy hitting TD's. So who are you kidding? This BS has been the mainstay of artillery hater arguments and are as fallacious now as they ever were. 

So quit the BS and be honest for once, that most players like you are selfish statpadders where artillery spoils the chance of you dominating the game.

Fortunately the decision of artillery's presence in the game is not yours to make. A mute point, but artillery will never be removed from the game. You know it, I know it and although every other player might not like to admit it, they know it too!

Guffy.

So.. what you're saying is you have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Heldar, Dec 31 2017 - 19:53.

R_Razor #52 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:52

Captain

• Players
  • 8016 battles
  • [_DDM] _DDM

View PostHeldar, on Dec 31 2017 - 13:49, said:

You should probably put more effort into learning English.

If you're going to attempt to insult someone based on grammar you should at least be correct yourself. 

Rocksuperstar #53 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:01

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10816 battles

I've been sat here thinking of a lot of arguments for and against Arty, but it always boils down to one thing:  Arty is part of the game, something to be aware of and accommodate for when playing.

Every game will have some aspect of it that you find is difficult to play, even maybe pointlessly so, but it's a part of the game you've chosen to play.  It demonstrates the "I don't like it so no-one should have it" mentality a lot of this generation have developed (probably due to greater interaction with game companies through social media, etc.) but it's part of a game someone else wrote that we've chosen to play and now you're demanding they change a huge part of that game simply because you don't like it.

Arty now rarely one-shot kill anything, considering how many tracks they blow they get surprisingly little assist damage and all it takes is no-one scouting and an entire battle becomes a blow out when it could be an easy win.  Use what you have at your disposal, remember that the red team have it too, get over it and get on with it.  Remember, arty whining is so 2015 and to an arty driver nothing tastes sweeter than a White Russian made with Vodka distilled from tears.

Guest_Heldar_* #54 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:02

View PostR_Razor, on Dec 31 2017 - 12:52, said:

If you're going to attempt to insult someone based on grammar you should at least be correct yourself. 

If you're going to try to counter insult someone by insinuating a correction is needed, you might want to make sure there is actually a correction needed.

Hint: There isn't.

Sgt__Guffy #55 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

View PostHeldar, on Dec 31 2017 - 12:49, said:

I have no idea what you mean by that comment, so instead of being pompous try an explanation. We are all agog with anticipation.

BigTomka #56 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 55209 battles

View PostHeldar, on Dec 31 2017 - 12:49, said:

You should probably put more effort in learning English.

Another spelling "teacher", i speak 5 languages, and you understood what i said 

awildseaking #57 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10373 battles
  • [NEET] NEET

The worst part about arty is how it punishes active play. Why leave a safe zone when arty preaims and splashes you for 400 and a stun? Even worse if you're lightly armored and you get deleted. Or if there's more than one arty and they delete you by focus fire.

At least TDs can be spotted and countered.

Shortcult #58 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 35098 battles

View Posthunler317, on Dec 31 2017 - 09:54, said:

First, if Arty  is so crucial, why does MM  allow games to be generated without a single one in the battle?  Seems to me in those games, most pregame comments are, yeah, no arty.  I rarely see anyone say "crap, no arty to support us".  Correction, I've never seen anyone say that.  

Second what they should do, is allow us to go to settings and select either battles with arty  enabled or battles without.  Let the players decide.  Plus, it's win-win for WG , they don't have to reimburse players for grinding and buying spg's.  At the very least, they need to restrict battles to one arty.  Three is just too many with the stun effect.

Third, right now M&M is the main issue.  It's broken beyond belief.  

​Actually, just from time to time, I will say 'Damned, was hoping for 3 arty per side in this match'.  Mostly when I am driving something slow.

I do it for the lul's.

Shortcult #59 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 35098 battles

View PostR_Razor, on Dec 31 2017 - 10:52, said:

​Razor, every time I see your avatar I snicker and think of specific apologists.

Thanks for the smiles.

WhineMaker #60 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 32232 battles

View Postdominator_98, on Dec 31 2017 - 08:23, said:

Removing artillery would change the game a lot less than removing any other class of vehicle, therefore SPG's are the least important class.

A second point:

Show me a 55%+ player who supports SPG's. You won't find any. If the players who are good at the game hate arty, arty is not good for the game.

Another unsubstantiated, baseless claim. 

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 08:56, said:

No need to read, it's a post defending artillery, so you know it's incoherent, baby-ish mouth-spittle from the start.

Are you even 10 years old? :child:

View PostLittleholyterror, on Dec 31 2017 - 09:04, said:

One weekend per month of being arty free....makes me wonder if the amount of players online would go up to enjoy the game for those two days?

Here's your simple workaround: WoT Blitz

Arty free, all the time... ;)

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 09:16, said:

I see you, too, like to drink the Kool-Aid and believe anything without evidence.

Some bearded man would love to get you in touch with 72 virgins.

Where's your evidence to back your claims? All you offer are your opinions and then claim everyone else is wrong...

Classic... :amazed:

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 09:20, said:

Yeah, because only heavy tanks and artillery play the game.

What would actually happen is that mediums and lights would be allowed to get around without fear of being death slapped for most of their health, then having their superior gun handling and mobility taken away from them for 10-15 seconds.

Can you say "med kit"? Sure you can... :facepalm:

View PostDuqe, on Dec 31 2017 - 09:43, said:

Turning left, then right, then left, then right again, is very predictable and not hard to hit.

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Dec 31 2017 - 09:50, said:

Guffy.

It's the "oh my precious stats" claim. They would be so much better, in their own mind, without arty to balance them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users