Yesterday I was threatened outside of the game.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

JRos1983 #21 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:11

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 571 battles

View Post1stTanks, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:10, said:

This response is trash. Not even brave enough to respond on real account with garbage. 

OP, report him to WG. Ensure you have screenshots. 

LOL my response is "trash?"

How is ignoring an idiot and not feeding them a "trash" suggestion? 

Maybe it's a generational thing. See I'm an adult, who finds it easier to simply ignore dumb bullcrap. Less stressful too. Maybe your peer group was taught to embrace useless drama, who knows. Mine was not.

Edited by JRos1983, Dec 31 2017 - 18:12.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #22 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47916 battles
  • [CARYU] CARYU

View Postklaatu_Barada, on Dec 31 2017 - 17:35, said:

Yesterday I was playing a match and it wasn't going well.  He was griping about the team not watching the flank, I was over there with him so I wasn't even one of the ones he was complaining about.

But he kept going on and on about how we were all losers in life and it got pretty explicit, so I said a few comments about it being just a game and it has no real connection to our real lives.  I also called him an a-hole.  We were both swarmed, and shut down.  Ironically, the team came back from the city and we won the match.  

Then I get back to my garage and a PM is waiting on me.  He really goes off, threatens me, my career, he is going to find me and publicly shame me and all sorts of stuff.  Says he and his pals have or are writing 'code' that will givel them my IP address and he will use that to steal my identity and continue this to oblivion. My response is short, no name calling or anything,  to me this is very serious. I messaged back that this type of threat is assault and is a criminal act.  

He messaged me back but by then I clicked blacklist and it went away so I dont know what his response was.  Nor do I know how to report the behavior to WG.  I am new here, and I am a strawberry or tomato or whatever (thank you for that XVM, very helpful to everyone) and I have met some really nice folks.  But dang, when you start dropping threats to people it gets a bit scary. and with the swatting death in the news, it starts to get serious.

So I am done.  I will not engage in chat outside of gameplay.  I always appreciate when I get a "fallback!!" as it makes me a better player.   I hope to play the game, and continue to have fun.  As a new player I have found the complexity of it, the various tanks to be really fun (I am a CoD crossover, and I havent even played the game since a few days after its release.) But why do some hate it so much, yet still play?  Anyway, I hope the guy was just being mouthy, and it ends there. but frick me it has me concerned.

Go and see him in public. All bigmouts I dealth with became [edited]very quickly when things got serious.

riff_ #23 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:16

Major

• Players
  • 27602 battles

View PostJRos1983, on Dec 31 2017 - 12:11, said:

Maybe it's a generational thing. See I'm an adult, who finds it easier to simply ignore dumb bullcrap. Less stressful too. Maybe your peer group was taught to embrace useless drama, who knows. Mine was not.

I believe the first line of your response may have meet the standard of 'trash.'  Second, your line of 'How is ignoring an idiot and not feeding them a "trash" suggestion?'  could be said about responding to you. :)

JRos1983 #24 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 571 battles

View Postriff_, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:16, said:

I believe the first line of your response may have meet the standard of 'trash.'  Second, your line of 'How is ignoring an idiot and not feeding them a "trash" suggestion?'  could be said about responding to you. :)

Anyone "could" say anything they want.

Nothing about my initial response on page 1 was "trash." Maybe to a bunch of 14-25 year olds the advice to simply ignore internet spazzes with empty threats isn't "fun" enough, but then many of you haven't been raised right. Zero cares given what you think about that assessment. It's easier to ignore and block someone and move on. OP should know by now, but he does not. A rant thread about it is asinine.

Edited by JRos1983, Dec 31 2017 - 18:18.

essog #25 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23011 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA
OP, you can go into settings and make it so no one can send you a message outside of the game you just played. Hope that helps.

apsen #26 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 130874 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

View PostJRos1983, on Dec 31 2017 - 11:44, said:

Oh shut up. Outlier examples prove nothing. There's extremes in everything.

You believe they do happen and you say THAT? Wow...

Tsula2 #27 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:25

Private

• Players
  • 46430 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
1st mistake you left chat on second you were probably responding to a 10 year old. 

782GearUSMC #28 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:34

Major

• Players
  • 27299 battles
Those that criticized the OP and made little of the threats and told him to ignore the threats are out of touch with reality and live in basements with steel doors. What he described, if it did occur, is beyond the pale and WG needs to address it.

1stTanks #29 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36216 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostJRos1983, on Dec 31 2017 - 17:11, said:

I was also born in 1983.

Your post responding to mine with the attempt at identifying yourself as this mature adult via online forum is trash.  

An “adult” who needs to create an alt account to troll on forums and lingers in the background waiting for the notification that someone has responded to you. Swooping in with your wise, wholesome and nurturing advice to the juvenile WoT community. 

LVLXI #30 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 18:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6744 battles

I wouldn't worry about those treats if I were you. I can pretty much guarantee you that any person with a power, knowledge and desire to actually ruin your career or steal your Identity would never tell you that he was going to do it to you, 'cause that's like signing a confession that you're going to kill someone and emailing it to them right before the actual murder.

Second, you have to be very smart, have a lot of money and resources to pull a scam like that and that kid is none of those things. He just heard what's possible, but has nothing of the required, but if he managed to scare you - that's the only thing he could actually hope to accomplish. If you just let him get to you with those empty threats - he wins. So just have a laugh in his face next time and tell him to go cry to his mama, 'cause that's ALL they can do :)

JRos1983 #31 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 571 battles

View PostTsula2, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:25, said:

1st mistake you left chat on second you were probably responding to a 10 year old. 

/thread

JRos1983 #32 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 571 battles

View PostScanjoon, on Dec 31 2017 - 18:34, said:

Those that criticized the OP and made little of the threats and told him to ignore the threats are out of touch with reality and live in basements with steel doors. What he described, if it did occur, is beyond the pale and WG needs to address it.

Wargaming can address or not; it's immaterial.

The easiest and most practical solution is ignore and block people, and move on. Period. Done.

Goat_Rodeo #33 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11747 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View Post1stTanks, on Dec 31 2017 - 17:41, said:

I was also born in 1983.

Your post responding to mine with the attempt at identifying yourself as this mature adult via online forum is trash.  

An “adult” who needs to create an alt account to troll on forums and lingers in the background waiting for the notification that someone has responded to you. Swooping in with your wise, wholesome and nurturing advice to the juvenile WoT community. 

Ding ding ding, we have a winnah!

Xenuex #34 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:18

Major

• Players
  • 38157 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Dec 31 2017 - 10:12, said:

Ding ding ding, we have a winnah!

I mean, 1st is just getting trolled. 

As for the threats. They are empty threats. Nothing more and nothing less. Like it was mentioned several times over. If you feel obligated, report it to WG. If you don't, then move on. I've received worse. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   it doesn't bother me one bit.

782GearUSMC #35 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 27299 battles

Some people walk blindly through life believing that they are immune to being victims.

Over a year or two ago my WoT account was hacked and the hacker posted in this forum (General Discussion) a post (comments) that was a violation of WG rules. I reported it and changed my password. I received the general "Thank you and matter has been resolved...change your password" reply from support but was never told if they identified the culprit and if they did what action was taken.

the_Deadly_Bulb #36 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 22113 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

OP, report them, if not for yourself then for everyone else.

Never leave a turd unflushed!

Gohibniu #37 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:37

Major

• Players
  • 72082 battles
  • [T57] T57

View Postklaatu_Barada, on Dec 31 2017 - 11:35, said:

Yesterday I was playing a match and it wasn't going well.  He was griping about the team not watching the flank, I was over there with him so I wasn't even one of the ones he was complaining about.

But he kept going on and on about how we were all losers in life and it got pretty explicit, so I said a few comments about it being just a game and it has no real connection to our real lives.  I also called him an a-hole.  We were both swarmed, and shut down.  Ironically, the team came back from the city and we won the match.  

Then I get back to my garage and a PM is waiting on me.  He really goes off, threatens me, my career, he is going to find me and publicly shame me and all sorts of stuff.  Says he and his pals have or are writing 'code' that will givel them my IP address and he will use that to steal my identity and continue this to oblivion. My response is short, no name calling or anything,  to me this is very serious. I messaged back that this type of threat is assault and is a criminal act.  

He messaged me back but by then I clicked blacklist and it went away so I dont know what his response was.  Nor do I know how to report the behavior to WG.  I am new here, and I am a strawberry or tomato or whatever (thank you for that XVM, very helpful to everyone) and I have met some really nice folks.  But dang, when you start dropping threats to people it gets a bit scary. and with the swatting death in the news, it starts to get serious.

So I am done.  I will not engage in chat outside of gameplay.  I always appreciate when I get a "fallback!!" as it makes me a better player.   I hope to play the game, and continue to have fun.  As a new player I have found the complexity of it, the various tanks to be really fun (I am a CoD crossover, and I havent even played the game since a few days after its release.) But why do some hate it so much, yet still play?  Anyway, I hope the guy was just being mouthy, and it ends there. but frick me it has me concerned.

Copy, paste, FBI.

Sgt__Guffy #38 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles
Seems to me the antagonist needs a good smack on the back of the legs and sent to bed with no milk and cookies.

Dogsoldier6 #39 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 57909 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

OP report him, please...............

As for his hollow threat. I worked as a cooler in a New York nightclub, held 250-300 people, if I had a penny for every threat I got I would be a millionaire today. Oh I am also still here...............

SGT_Ronson_1 #40 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 44420 battles
  • [RATP] RATP

View PostJRos1983, on Dec 31 2017 - 17:44, said:

Oh shut up. Outlier examples prove nothing. There's extremes in everything.

actually outlier examples are everything.   otherwise police would not show up or firemen,   why have soldiers,

the outlier events shape history,   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users