Why am I getting the russian server?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

unbiasedfire #1 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15597 battles

I download the game from the wot website, na, says english, but i get the russian server

just tried downloading it from the link provided in the forum, still russian server -.-

Edited by unbiasedfire, Dec 31 2017 - 19:48.

black_colt #2 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 19:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 3580 battles

View Postunbiasedfire, on Dec 31 2017 - 10:44, said:

I download the game from the wot website, na, says english, but i get the russian server

just tried downloading it from the link provided in the forum, still russian server -.-

Please see this post about correcting this -             #17      

unbiasedfire #3 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15597 battles
tried that, but now the game won't completely uninstall, i delete everything I can find wot related, the method on the mentioned post, moving it from applications to trash, emptying the trash after every time, only now when i try to download it, the only thing that downloads is the downloader, and the games already ready to play, ru server still, even though i can't find anything wot anywhere before i try

Edited by unbiasedfire, Dec 31 2017 - 20:18.

Kamahl1234 #4 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:26

Major

• Players
  • 18150 battles
  • [ARSON] ARSON

View Postunbiasedfire, on Dec 31 2017 - 19:17, said:

tried that, but now the game won't completely uninstall, i delete everything I can find wot related, the method on the mentioned post, moving it from applications to trash, emptying the trash after every time, only now when i try to download it, the only thing that downloads is the downloader, and the games already ready to play, ru server still, even though i can't find anything wot anywhere before i try

Have you checked your %appdata% folder? As that IIRC saves some information like most programs, and these are often preferences and such.

black_colt #5 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 3580 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Dec 31 2017 - 11:26, said:

Have you checked your %appdata% folder? As that IIRC saves some information like most programs, and these are often preferences and such.

Unfortunately that is only on MS Windows.

black_colt #6 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 3580 battles

View Postunbiasedfire, on Dec 31 2017 - 11:17, said:

You used the Studly Utility to completely delete and still having issues?  That is the first time I have heard that ...

Make sure that you force-kill all world_of_tanks processes - go to [Utilities] and launch the [Application Monitor] - look for any world_of_tanks process and force-quit then use the Studly Utility to completely delete.

unbiasedfire #7 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15597 battles

Block Quote

that is not an option for me, as black colt's comment says

unbiasedfire #8 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 20:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15597 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Dec 31 2017 - 19:32, said:

You used the Studly Utility to completely delete and still having issues?  That is the first time I have heard that ...

Make sure that you force-kill all world_of_tanks processes - go to [Utilities] and launch the [Application Monitor] - look for any world_of_tanks process and force-quit then use the Studly Utility to completely delete.

didn't find anything, tried again, still no changes, even tried using russian characters in the "finder" still nothing to be found

black_colt #9 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 3580 battles

View Postunbiasedfire, on Dec 31 2017 - 11:49, said:

didn't find anything, tried again, still no changes, even tried using russian characters in the "finder" still nothing to be found

hmmmm ... please follow the next steps exactly to try once more.

Go to the following Forum thread and download the Studly Utility from dstud208

http://forum.worldof...rapper-utility/

Install the Studly Utility 

Go to [Documents] then [WoT] and duplicate the [replays] folder.  Move that duplicated folder to the Desktop.

Make sure all world_of_tanks processes are quit/closed. Use [Activity Monitor] in [Applications][Utilities] and force-quit any open world_of_tank processes.

Launch the Studly Utility

NOTE: If you want to keep your replays you must duplicate the [replays] folder and move it to the Desktop. The next step will completely delete all files.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [General] then [Delete Completely] then Click on [OK] in the next dialog box.

Go to https://worldoftanks...e/download/ and download the WoT Mac Wrapper.

When the DMG finishes downloading opens the DMG and follow the instructions to install.

Wait for the WoT Mac Wrapper to finish copying and then eject the DMG [Go to Finder - right-click and select eject]. 

Go the Applications folder and launch the WoT Mac Wrapper.

You should be presented with a dialog box [You're up-to-date! World of Tanks 2.0.12 is currently the newest version available] and then click on [OK]

You will be presented with the game [PLAY] screen.

Let the game install any updates needed in the [PLAY] dialog box.  When complete click on [PLAY] and log-into the game.

Go to [SETTINGS] in the [PLAY] screen then [BASIC] and make sure [English] is selected in [Language:]

NEW: When complete click on [PLAY] and log-into the game.

Please let the Forum know if this works ...

Edited by black_colt, Dec 31 2017 - 21:47.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users