Gold ammo has ruined this game

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

horacus #1 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 42829 battles

I had accepted the bad MM - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I had accepted the RNG (Wargaming way of scamming players even further) - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I had accepted the impenetrable tanks (Type 5) - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I cannot see accepting how my Maus is dead in 20 seconds when two gold spamming tanks focus at me and kill me with ease with a few shots no matter what I do.

And no, ANGLING DOES NOT WORK, I've tried. The gold ammo PENS AT ANY ANGLE.

Sometimes all it takes is one tier 8 tank or some hulled down medium tank that will either kill me or take 80% of my HP so I'm "one shot" for the rest of the battle.

The result of this gold spam now is:

Tanks that took a lot of time and hard work to earn are now mostly unplayable.

Stats are meaningless as I don't use gold ammo so I can never compete with the gold spammers.

Many blowout games that end quickly when one team stacked with gold spammers just demolishes the other in 2 minutes.

New Year = time to look for new games to play

Kamahl1234 #2 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:34

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

Replay? As I can tell you that my own Maus, on prok, survived ~2 minutes and blocked 6k damage, mostly gold, with a bit of angle.

Were you engaged from 2 very different angles that gave them flat sides/front? As that's really largely the way that a tier 8 tank could kill you. Like front on the best angle someone can engage you, both hull and turret pointed directly at the tank, is 260mm at the thinnest. 

And honestly, unless you're in a good position, you shouldn't be reliant on armor, armor is your last line of defense before you lose HP and eventually die. It's also why the meta ended up shifting towards more mobile tanks as armor, whether defeated by gold or standard, often comes at the price of mobility and allows you to either be flanked, slow behind the pack and singled out, or simply the last tank alive due to the same slowness. 

I rarely if ever shoot gold, and a lot of people overvalue armor as they don't use it properly, or straight up aren't in a good position to maximize the effectiveness. The maus for example, can block my Badger's APCR on its lower plate with a decent angle, while keeping the sides immune to my shells as well, rendering myself helpless to deal damage. 

Dogsoldier6 #3 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 57990 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

My question is how did YOU manage to put YOUR Maus in a position where it had no support AND could get swarmed by two tier 8s?

I think you will find that if you look in a mirror the problem YOU have in this game will be staring right back at YOU.

Last night I drove my Type 59 into a very poor position where I had zero support and three tier 6 tanks ripped me a new one. I don't blame the game, RNG, MM, or anything else for my OWN stupidity.

Edited by Dogsoldier6, Dec 31 2017 - 21:47.

The_Shamus #4 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12834 battles

View PostKamahl1234, on Dec 31 2017 - 15:34, said:

I rarely if ever shoot gold, and a lot of people overvalue armor as they don't use it properly, or straight up aren't in a good position to maximize the effectiveness. The maus for example, can block my Badger's APCR on its lower plate with a decent angle, while keeping the sides immune to my shells as well, rendering myself helpless to deal damage. 

It got me thinking that the extenuation of your logic is that I probably shoot too much gold ammo and have gotten lazy in my positioning (i.e. a medium shooting gold into heavy's face instead of flanking). The result being poor credit earning games overall. Poor map play, loss of taking advantage of nuances in the maps and inability to flex by having positioned better. Lower overall stats because of trading shots versus playing the tanks strengths and weaknesses. I got a rage PM yesterday from an irate tanker when I killed him. Merrily driving my Crom B with purpose to outflank and contribute to killing a Tiger P when a Pz IV lit up. Sure gold round loaded for the Tiger (even then I was flanking so stupid lazy me), released the gold round but let another 2 load to finish off the Pz IV. Shame on me. 

Kamahl what's your general load out by class (i.e. lights, meds, heavies, tds)? I never use gold in my arty. Does the gold ammo count go up the higher tier? That is tier 8, 9, 10? I'd like to force myself to learn to use less gold. I'm probably 60 (reg) to 40 (gold) right now. 

P.S. I could never pen a Maus back in the good old days so I only load out gold (assuming I have any left by the time I encounter you). Could be a bit of that happening to you OP? And current MM tier 8's see so many tier 10 matches I think contributes to gold ammo load out. Hence curiosity to get a response from Kamahl and others. Think I'll post a new thread with a poll. Thank you OP.

And Happy New Year's to all!!!

Edited by The_Shamus, Dec 31 2017 - 21:53.

WhineMaker #5 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:50

Major

• Players
  • 33918 battles

For the life of me, I can't find the "gold" ammo... :coin:

I thought that went away many patches ago... :confused:

Kamahl1234 #6 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:54

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View PostThe_Shamus, on Dec 31 2017 - 20:47, said:

It got me thinking that the extenuation of your logic is that I probably shoot too much gold ammo and have gotten lazy in my positioning (i.e. a medium shooting gold into heavy's face instead of flanking). The result being poor credit earning games overall. Poor map play, loss of taking advantage of nuances in the maps and inability to flex by having positioned better. Lower overall stats because of trading shots versus playing the tanks strengths and weaknesses. I got a rage PM yesterday from an irate tanker when I killed him. Merrily driving my Crom B with purpose to outflank and contribute to killing a Tiger P when a Pz IV lit up. Sure gold round loaded for the Tiger (even then I was flanking so stupid lazy me), released the gold round but let another 2 load to finish off the Pz IV. Shame on me. 

Kamahl what's your general load out by class (i.e. lights, meds, heavies, tds)? I never use gold in my arty. Does the gold ammo count go up the higher tier? That is tier 8, 9, 10? I'd like to force myself to learn to use less gold. I'm probably 60 (reg) to 40 (gold) right now. 

Depends on the tank, especially limitations of ammo counts. But generally autoloaders no more than 2 clips, standard tanks, if not really low alpha, usually 4-8 shells. So maybe 10-20% max. Knowing armor layouts and recognizing when to fight, when to retreat are very important in this as well. 

But per tier I don't really change it either, as I don't really like spending the extra credits as my standard generally does well enough anyways. 

Dogsoldier6 #7 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:55

Major

• Players
  • 57990 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostThe_Shamus, on Dec 31 2017 - 21:47, said:

Like Kamahl I rarely shoot gold ammo, don't need to most of the time. My load outs run at 5 or 10 gold rounds per tank. Basically if the tank has a ton of rounds available I load 10, if it doesn't I load 5. The logic being tanks with large ammo loads have lower DPM then those with smaller load outs.

I am down to 28,000,000 credits, I bought the Pershing and the Churchill VII.................

_Gungrave_ #8 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 42211 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
WIth things like this just post the replay if you want constructive feedback on the situation otherwise you'll get trolled and ignored.

RumRunner151 #9 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 21:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30150 battles

1) "Gold ammo" is part of the game.  Every time I face a Maus, I load gold.  Anyone who doesnt is either more skilled or dumb.

2) I would love to see a replay.  Dont know how to say this without offending, but based on your skill, I doubt you know how to properly angle it.  I say this because I have seen them survive a long time in CW and that's all gold.

3) I would be happy to take you into a training room and work on it with you.

The_Shamus #10 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12834 battles

Wow thanks guys!!! Upvotes for you both. Happy New Years!!! 

DieselDog79 #11 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:02

Captain

• Players
  • 31249 battles
so you drove into  a cross fire and blame gold:facepalm:

9435 #12 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 147 battles
No it's not, quit crying about it.

Bigboy2013 #13 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 33722 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

The Maus and E100 are different than most tanks. Most tanks you angle the hull and point the turret straight at the enemy to maximize your armour. These two German tanks need more work than the average tank. You need to angle the hull, but also you need to angle the turret. 

Point your turret at an angle to your enemy, then use your right mouse button to lock your turret in place. Now you can side scrape, the front of your turret will be very strong because now its angled, and the side will also still be strong due to the natural slope of the armour and the angle you created. You can rock back and forth, wiggle a bit to make aiming harder for the enemy. Once you have baited the shot (which hopefully bounces), you can now turn your turret towards the enemy to return fire. Then while you reload, angle the turret again a repeat the process. 

You won't bounce every shot, but by angling the turret it makes you significantly harder to kill, even with premium ammo it can be hard to kill a properly played Maus. And that is your job as a Maus, you act as a road block for the enemy and sponge damage. If you refuse to angle the turret, then yes you will get destroyed by people shooting premium ammo. 

Bundespanzervolk #14 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30737 battles
  • [_WJ_] _WJ_

View Posthoracus, on Dec 31 2017 - 12:26, said:

I had accepted the bad MM - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I had accepted the RNG (Wargaming way of scamming players even further) - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I had accepted the impenetrable tanks (Type 5) - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I cannot see accepting how my Maus is dead in 20 seconds when two gold spamming tanks focus at me and kill me with ease with a few shots no matter what I do.

Sometimes all it takes is one tier 8 tank or some hulled down medium tank that will either kill me or take 80% of my HP so I'm "one shot" for the rest of the battle.

Stats are meaningless as I don't use gold ammo so I can never compete with the gold spammers.

Many blowout games that end quickly when one team stacked with gold spammers just demolishes the other in 2 minutes.

As The_Shamus stated, I too appreciate the mostly constructive, helpful comments. 

Horacus, don't give up and consider a couple of the suggestions from the non-imbecilic players that offered to review your "last match"  footage.  There are times when we simply are outplayed by another player, albeit rare as you mentioned in this day and age of inefficient, bad player enhancing RNG, X5 bad player flooded periods and a MM system that leaves much to be desired.

bockscar43 #15 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 29457 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
just push the battle button............Happy New Year.

KingofDragons #16 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21158 battles

you need gold ammo because of the MM

_Gungrave_ #17 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 42211 battles
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT

View Postbockscar43, on Dec 31 2017 - 22:27, said:

just push the battle button............Happy New Year's Eve.

There we go

LAPPELduvide #18 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 23:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14633 battles
  • [NAISU] NAISU

I mean if you're playing a Maus, Type 5, E3, or Badger you're just asking to be gold spammed. There's no reason I would put myself at a handicap and try to pen any of those tanks with normal AP rounds, especially when the so called "weak spots" on most of those tanks can't be reliably penned by standard rounds.

If you're an AP Purist out of principle then I'm sorry, but everyone has access to gold rounds and there's nothing wrong or illegal about using them, they're in the game for a reason. Maybe you could try using just a few? I know the credit drain from using them is enormous, but loading 2-3 for a special occasion won't hurt you. 

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #19 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 23:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22602 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR

View Posthoracus, on Dec 31 2017 - 20:26, said:

AH finally one can understand for many of time when i always said apcr ammo kill the game and rigged  For many noob not want learn the game Finally ... very true no one to this game not learned as us with standard ammo make lose streak for side to side .... is very time to turn premium ammo off for a bite and Show to this newbie noob How to work together and plays fairs seriously you can pen with regular ammo when you know weak spoot . is not with apcr you will find it and happy news year anyways

KanataKonoe #20 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 23:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 18893 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-

Dead in 20 seconds in a Maus?

Gold Ammo penerates at any angle? 

1 tier 8 Medium hulled down takes away 80% or more of your Health in a Maus?

No...... Just No.... These things just don't happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users