Gold ammo has ruined this game

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

dominator_98 #21 Posted Dec 31 2017 - 23:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15830 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM
Blocked 6.6k in my Mauschen earlier today. Pretty sure armor still has value in this game.

StiffWind #22 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 05:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11689 battles

Gold ammo = ruined game

WoT = provides gold ammo

...therefor...

WoT = ruined game

Place the blame where it belongs.

In reality, APCR (which is what most gold ammo represents) was rare on the battlefield....VERY rare.  What WoT has done is take yet one more step further away from reality for the sake of lining their pockets.

Dogsoldier6 #23 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 54482 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

View PostStiffWind, on Jan 02 2018 - 05:13, said:

Gold ammo = ruined game

WoT = provides gold ammo

...therefor...

WoT = ruined game

Place the blame where it belongs.

In reality, APCR (which is what most gold ammo represents) was rare on the battlefield....VERY rare.  What WoT has done is take yet one more step further away from reality for the sake of lining their pockets.

If gold ammo can be bought for credits, which it can, how is WoT making any money off it?

And for the record I only carry 5-10 rounds in my tanks, and even then I hardly ever dip into them.

In Clan Wars everyone is hurling nothing but gold rounds and I have bounced tons of them off my E-100, so it isn't a magic bullet either.

StiffWind #24 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 06:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11689 battles

View PostDogsoldier6, on Jan 03 2018 - 02:31, said:

If gold ammo can be bought for credits, which it can, how is WoT making any money off it?

And for the record I only carry 5-10 rounds in my tanks, and even then I hardly ever dip into them.

In Clan Wars everyone is hurling nothing but gold rounds and I have bounced tons of them off my E-100, so it isn't a magic bullet either.

A lot of folks pay for their credits rather than earning them.  Earning becomes more difficult as the tiers go up, due mainly to increased cost of the ammo and increased cost of repairs.  On top of it, WoT sneaks in a repair cost hike every now and then.

DeathNACan #25 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 15:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22760 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

View PostRumRunner151, on Dec 31 2017 - 15:59, said:

1) "Gold ammo" is part of the game.  Every time I face a Maus, I load gold.  Anyone who doesnt is either more skilled or dumb.

2) I would love to see a replay.  Dont know how to say this without offending, but based on your skill, I doubt you know how to properly angle it.  I say this because I have seen them survive a long time in CW and that's all gold.

3) I would be happy to take you into a training room and work on it with you.

"Anyone who doesnt is either more skilled or dumb."  Really?  Do you honestly think everyone has the disposible income to spend money on gold?  Yes I know you can get premium rounds with silver but that is very expensive.  As for buying gold... sorry to tell you but people in the real world have bills to pay and some of us must prioritize how we spend our money.  For me it's mortgage payment, utilities, car payment, food and then one month premium account for WoT and if I can afford it, a little gold which I usually use for Garage Slots, Camo and upgrading crew members to 100 percent starting with the Gunner and Loaders.

The subject was Gold rounds are ruining the game.  Funny, a few months ago it was Artillery is running the game.  Before that, TD were ruining the game and before that tanks that could one-shot other tanks were ruining the game.  The simple fact is that if anything is "ruining" the game, it's the MatchMaker! 

Tahllol #26 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 16:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8258 battles

View PostDeathNACan, on Jan 03 2018 - 15:36, said:

"Anyone who doesn't is either more skilled or dumb."  Really?  Do you honestly think everyone has the disposable income to spend money on gold?  Yes I know you can get premium rounds with silver but that is very expensive.  As for buying gold... sorry to tell you but people in the real world have bills to pay and some of us must prioritize how we spend our money.  For me, it's mortgage payment, utilities, car payment, food and then one-month premium account for WoT and if I can afford it, a little gold which I usually use for Garage Slots, Camo and upgrading crew members to 100 percent starting with the Gunner and Loaders.

The subject was Gold rounds are ruining the game.  Funny, a few months ago it was Artillery is running the game.  Before that, TD was ruining the game and before that tanks that could one-shot other tanks were ruining the game.  The simple fact is that if anything is "ruining" the game, it's the MatchMaker! 

Gold ammo is pretty dirt cheap silver wise and many people have tons of disposable silver. Hell, even noobs that run around not actually playing most matches have tons just sitting around because you still make some each match while not actually playing or doing anything. 

Premium ammo should have its silver cost increased by at least 10x the current cost per round as was previously said it was a super rare ammo and many tank commanders never seen 1 round. 

But I think MM and WG, not IP banning the botting (say 15k+ matches with a sub 650 win8) since it's obvious they didn't play most of those matches. That and suiciding players are ruining the game more than premium rounds being cheap is. 

RumRunner151 #27 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 17:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29234 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View PostDeathNACan, on Jan 03 2018 - 08:36, said:

"Anyone who doesnt is either more skilled or dumb."  Really?  Do you honestly think everyone has the disposible income to spend money on gold?  Yes I know you can get premium rounds with silver but that is very expensive.  As for buying gold... sorry to tell you but people in the real world have bills to pay and some of us must prioritize how we spend our money.  For me it's mortgage payment, utilities, car payment, food and then one month premium account for WoT and if I can afford it, a little gold which I usually use for Garage Slots, Camo and upgrading crew members to 100 percent starting with the Gunner and Loaders.

The subject was Gold rounds are ruining the game.  Funny, a few months ago it was Artillery is running the game.  Before that, TD were ruining the game and before that tanks that could one-shot other tanks were ruining the game.  The simple fact is that if anything is "ruining" the game, it's the MatchMaker! 

I load about 10 "gold" rounds paid with silver on each tank.  I dont just use "gold" only.  I still make money except at T10.  Play better, earn more silver, and shooting gold when needed is affordable.

DeathNACan #28 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 19:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22760 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

View PostTahllol, on Jan 03 2018 - 10:14, said:

Gold ammo is pretty dirt cheap silver wise and many people have tons of disposable silver. Hell, even noobs that run around not actually playing most matches have tons just sitting around because you still make some each match while not actually playing or doing anything. 

Premium ammo should have its silver cost increased by at least 10x the current cost per round as was previously said it was a super rare ammo and many tank commanders never seen 1 round. 

But I think MM and WG, not IP banning the botting (say 15k+ matches with a sub 650 win8) since it's obvious they didn't play most of those matches. That and suiciding players are ruining the game more than premium rounds being cheap is. 

I don't know where you are getting your information but you are wrong.  "Noobs" as you call them, spend most of their silver upgrading tanks and buying new ones which is why even good players sometimes struggle to have enough silver.  This happens a lot when you bring a tier VI tank and MM throws you up against VIII's.  I'm assuming that you believe everyone sells tanks back as they upgrade, some of us don't which means we don't have that horde of silver you seem to think everyone has.  Something to remember... skill can't make a slow tank faster, strengthen armor or increase penetration or traverse speeds and counter-balance a heavily skilled-perked out crew. 

Beornotns #29 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 19:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 22139 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

Welp, in my Mauerbrecher at present, since I get stuck into tier 1o matches ALL OF THE TIME, my load out is: 25 regular rounds (AP), 10 premium rounds (can't remember whether HEAT or APCR), and 15 HE (which I use more of than the Premium rounds in any case since they are more effective and oftentimes more annoying to top tier tanks during a slugfest).

So, 20% of my rounds in THAT are premium.  On the other hand, in the Death Star, I run 5,10,5 because, HESH is awesome!

~B

PanzerExpress913 #30 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 21:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 1730 battles
  • [N-F] N-F

I must second this

Tahllol #31 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 22:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8258 battles

View PostDeathNACan, on Jan 03 2018 - 19:35, said:

I don't know where you are getting your information but you are wrong.  "Noobs" as you call them, spend most of their silver upgrading tanks and buying new ones which is why even good players sometimes struggle to have enough silver.  This happens a lot when you bring a tier VI tank and MM throws you up against VIII's.  I'm assuming that you believe everyone sells tanks back as they upgrade, some of us don't which means we don't have that horde of silver you seem to think everyone has.  Something to remember... skill can't make a slow tank faster, strengthen armor or increase penetration or traverse speeds and counter-balance a heavily skilled-perked out crew. 

You don't have silver because you don't play the matches in better tiers or high enough damage a match. I keep most tanks if they are decent and I have plenty of silver just sitting around but still choose to play with primarily standard rounds, though I always carry a few Premium rounds on each tank. 

Skill can actually make you pen more because most people with skills know and understand the aiming portion of the game and how to use the tanks they have. Which includes the best layouts for their play style. 

DeathNACan #32 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22760 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

View PostTahllol, on Jan 03 2018 - 16:17, said:

You don't have silver because you don't play the matches in better tiers or high enough damage a match. I keep most tanks if they are decent and I have plenty of silver just sitting around but still choose to play with primarily standard rounds, though I always carry a few Premium rounds on each tank. 

Skill can actually make you pen more because most people with skills know and understand the aiming portion of the game and how to use the tanks they have. Which includes the best layouts for their play style. 

What exactly would those "better tiers" be...  tier VIII, IX and X?  I'm really not in a hurry to play there until Wargamming fixes the MM.  Funny how may high PR players get their butts kicked when they drop back down to IV, V and VI and run into those of us who actually like playing there.  I too have my favorite tanks and that's where I through most of my free XP.  It goes into my M8A1, Marder 38T, Sherman III, M4, T67, SU-85I,  T-34-85M, Thunderbolt, VK 30.01P, VK 36.01H, Jpanther, Panter/M10, M44 to name a few.  When I need to complete a mission, thats where I go and avoid the mass of players trying to do the same in tier VIII tanks.  My stats tell you I have Ace Tanker in a tank, what it doesn't tell you is how many times I have Ace Tanker in a tank.  Did you know that when you get it, you are in the top 1 percent of all players who ran that tank in the world that day, not just whatever server you are logged into.  You think I don't do damage, I have 78 Ace Tanker awards that my PR doesn't show you and can prove with screenshots that that say you're wrong.  18 in my SU-85I alone.  That's not counting the 39 Top Guns? Tell me, have you done 2137 damage in a Marder38T or 1803 in an M8A1... tier IV tanks?  What about 2465 in the SU-85I, a tier V tank or 3490 in a Tiger I?  I got Ace for that too.  Are there tanks I do lously at?  Sure and I avoid playing those tanks.  I get the impression you think a player isn't good until he gets to upper tiers.  Not true; I've seen some very highly rated players who obviously run a lot of upper tiers drop down to IV, V and VI and get their clocks cleaned... probably because their best crews are in their X's and it's a different style of play.   Anyway, have fun.  Nice debating with you.

___pew #33 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 22:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5621 battles

actually im fine with gold cuz if ur in a t95 or a similar jugg u get noobs firing gold all day long at your front.  They get destroyed and then they wasted tons of credits. 

PsiGun #34 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 23408 battles
I don't think gold rounds need to be removed, but I do think they should be balanced. And right now, because they are not balanced, I would actually encourage everyone to start flinging it. Whenever arty got nerfed it always corrosponded with increased arty use across the servers. Granted I do not know where premium rounds can be tracked, but considering scarcity used to be the one real balancing factor and that is right out the door, not to mention the increasing outrage, change can't be too far behind. Bring balance, please.

DeathNACan #35 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22760 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

The simple fact is that Wargamming is a business which uses gold, premium accounts and premium tanks to pays the bills.  Is it pay to win?  Well, I suspect the people who have high PR would say it really doesn't matter if you have skill.  Based on comments in the formums, I also suspect that the people with high PR invest in a lot of gold, premium accounts, premium tanks and play a lot of upper tiers... all of which is irrelevant.   

Are premium rounds ruining the game?  Not really.  Do I like them?  Again, not really but that's because I can't aford them for my upper tier tanks with either gold or silver.  Although, I must admit when you get to upper tiers and are winning, especially in premium tanks with a premium account, they can be great for trolling lower tiers. 

But seriously, why focus on premium rounds?  There's a broken MM which keeps you down while you are losing no mater how well you do until you win, high tier tanks that have been over buffed, premium tanks (most of whose matchmaking negates their value) and a crew skill and perk which seems designed to make sure player skill is doesn't matter to focus on.

Honestly, preimium rounds are the least of my concerns.

ArcticTankHunter #36 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10607 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

View Posthoracus, on Dec 31 2017 - 21:26, said:

I had accepted the bad MM - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I had accepted the RNG (Wargaming way of scamming players even further) - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I had accepted the impenetrable tanks (Type 5) - let it be a challenge to do best you can in spite of having been dealt a rotten deal.

I cannot see accepting how my Maus is dead in 20 seconds when two gold spamming tanks focus at me and kill me with ease with a few shots no matter what I do.

And no, ANGLING DOES NOT WORK, I've tried. The gold ammo PENS AT ANY ANGLE.

Sometimes all it takes is one tier 8 tank or some hulled down medium tank that will either kill me or take 80% of my HP so I'm "one shot" for the rest of the battle.

The result of this gold spam now is:

Tanks that took a lot of time and hard work to earn are now mostly unplayable.

Stats are meaningless as I don't use gold ammo so I can never compete with the gold spammers.

Many blowout games that end quickly when one team stacked with gold spammers just demolishes the other in 2 minutes.

New Year = time to look for new games to play

If they remove gold ammo, then they should serious get tier 7 tanks with 17 pdrs using APDS all the way. Especially BP that way they can stay as playable tanks.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Jan 12 2018 - 01:54.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users