Game Center lock up freezing unable to connect

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Tunka_Elk #1 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 17:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21800 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

After some experimentation I've discovered that any GC issues with "spinning", long load times or "unable to connect to game server" are at Wargaming's end and NOT an issue with any mods or modpaks or the game itself. ALSO, running the game WITHOUT using the Game Center prevents getting ANY game updates!!

Yesterday I used the GC to try to launch the game. (I have no other WG games installed besides WoT) It displayed the loading "spinner" then displayed "unable to connect..." TS chat told me that it could be a modpak issue. Following the these steps, I narrowed it down to a WG Game Center issue.

1) I completely uninstalled my modpak (Aslain's) using CCleaner (this method completely uninstalls all related files). Cleaned out the Registry and made sure there were no folders left in the tree. I tried to launch again with the GC. It still didn't work.

2) Using CCleaner, I uninstalled the Game Center program. Opened the World Of Tanks folder and used the "World of Tanks.exe" command to launch the game. (Do not use the "WoTLauncher.exe" command) It launched and ran fine. Then made a shortcut to the .exe on my desktop.

3) I re-installed the modpak, re-launched the game and everything went fine. All mods running.

4) I re-installed the Game Center, imported WoT, and tried to run the game. It failed with "unable to connect..."

5) Deleted the "World of Tanks NA" shortcut, ran CCleaner and uninstalled the Game Center, used my direct shortcut to the "WorldofTanks.exe" command and the game launched fine.

CHOP CHOP WG. Time to go back work, hungover or not! ;)

Edited by Tunka_Elk, Jan 01 2018 - 17:57.

Perco_lator #2 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 18:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 52 battles

Don't use the GC to launch the game, use it for updates only. You can do this by launching directly from the client or make a new shortcut to the exe file.

The game center is trash & has been buggy from day 1. Also disable GC from running in the background & uncheck upload in the settings.

LeaveIT2Beaver #3 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 18:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 29431 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
My game center does not know that I have WoT installed and wants to download it again

Dracheherr #4 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 18:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36073 battles
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL
And I have NOT had any issues with GC since it was introduced. Go figure.

Tunka_Elk #5 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 18:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21800 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostDracheherr, on Jan 01 2018 - 12:27, said:

And I have NOT had any issues with GC since it was introduced. Go figure.

​Yeah, I've noticed it is a hit and miss kinda thing.

9435 #6 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 19:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 147 battles
You don't need the GC for updates.  I only use GC for WOWP's (have to) and it causes that game to crash all the time.

OmegaBuster07 #7 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 00:00

Private

• Players
  • 384 battles

Same thing is happening to me, I've just not launch the GC program, but just the game itself no-mods what so ever haven't even installed the EnCore engine test program and it freezes up on me even in the Boot Camp mode.

My specs are:

CPU: i5-66k 3.5 (haven't overclocked)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

RAM: 2x4 8GB intotal

Don't know what's going on, but before they've moved the engine the old one works fine with max settings and 1080P.  This PC is almost 1 years old that I got for my B-day last year, so it's on WG side.  I can play Steam games like BF4 and any other AAA games with no issues.  Any help can be helpful.

Tunka_Elk #8 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 00:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21800 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostOmegaBuster07, on Jan 01 2018 - 18:00, said:

Same thing is happening to me, I've just not launch the GC program, but just the game itself no-mods what so ever haven't even installed the EnCore engine test program and it freezes up on me even in the Boot Camp mode.

My specs are:

CPU: i5-66k 3.5 (haven't overclocked)

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

RAM: 2x4 8GB intotal

Don't know what's going on, but before they've moved the engine the old one works fine with max settings and 1080P.  This PC is almost 1 years old that I got for my B-day last year, so it's on WG side.  I can play Steam games like BF4 and any other AAA games with no issues.  Any help can be helpful.

​The new graphics engine isn't on-line yet. The Encore TEST is just that, a way to TEST if your PC is up to snuff. New engine coming March sometime.

Looking at your specs, you are well inside the necessary envelope for March's release.

Back to the Game Center fubar. I uninstalled the game, uninstalled the GC and re-installed WoT making sure to check the "Game updater" option before clicking "next" on the install package. That way, you don't NEED the GC program.

I don't have Warships or Warplanes installed. I use Aslain's modpak with no issues.

Hope this helps. :)

OmegaBuster07 #9 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:49

Private

• Players
  • 384 battles

View PostTunka_Elk, on Jan 01 2018 - 23:46, said:

​The new graphics engine isn't on-line yet. The Encore TEST is just that, a way to TEST if your PC is up to snuff. New engine coming March sometime.

Looking at your specs, you are well inside the necessary envelope for March's release.

Back to the Game Center fubar. I uninstalled the game, uninstalled the GC and re-installed WoT making sure to check the "Game updater" option before clicking "next" on the install package. That way, you don't NEED the GC program.

I don't have Warships or Warplanes installed. I use Aslain's modpak with no issues.

Hope this helps. :)

How do I uninstall the GC and just install WoT itself and WoWs without the GC program?

CaptainDarling #10 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 10:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 31846 battles
  • [_RTC_] _RTC_
its a game center issue.... easy fix, dont use it, create a short cut to warships or tanx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users