Silver League: Rock Solid Gaming [3 SPOTS OPEN]

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Sheller3 #1 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 21:17

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

Hello all!

Rock Solid Gaming is a new silver league team being formed for next season; with the new year I decided it's time to throw up a post to see what spots I can fill from here. We're planning on being a competitive team, with high goals and a focus on placing well, while maintaining a non-toxic atmosphere.

For team leadership, I have prior experience as captain from past season and as a player for the past 4 seasons; other team officers are still to be decided.

Expanding on how the team will be run, because I feel it's worth noting: as a captain, generally speaking I keep the team largely player run. How it's worked in the past is that myself or somebody else suggest things we feel the team should do, discuss it with the team officers to get their feedback, and put it to the team for a vote--especially if it's a major decision. This allows the team to have a direct vote on exactly what we do, and lets them guide the team's direction rather than just being told to do things. I also accept feedback and questions about anything constantly, to prevent confusion and keep a constant channel of communication open. Any minor decisions that might not require a vote are explained in detail to the team, both in terms of reasoning and affects. 

I do have expectations for the team, which I make very clear and I believe aren't unreasonable; if there are any issues, members are always free to come talk to me. Life comes first as well: if there's a legitimate, good reason that someone's unable to make it for a night or two, that's completely fine--as long it doesn't excessively happen!

I think that (along with the requirements section) covers the basics, any further information requested or that you think I should add just post below, and I'll edit it in.

Requirements

Requirements are somewhat flexible, particularly regarding stats; if I talk to you and have you play a couple games, and think you'll work out--even if your stats are somewhat below the listed threshold--I'm willing to give you a chance. No need for a hard limit; the listed number should be considered more of a general guideline. All applications are considered individually, and should be forum-messaged to me. 

• 58% recent WR/2.7k+ recent WN8
  • Availability four days a week from 8-11 EST; Mondays and Wednesdays are required, as these are match nights.
  • Members (and by extension, applicants) must agree to the team rules.

Roster

Current roster will be listed here. Post is updated as I get solid answers from people I'm talking with.

Spoiler

Good luck to the other teams next season; after all, we are Rock Solid Gaming: Hard to beat, Tough to crack.

P.S. Happy New Year! :medal:

Edited by Sheller3, Jan 26 2018 - 06:17.

_Promote_Synergy_ #2 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15368 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
If I didn't have to regrind credits from the practice room scrims then sure. Reason why I left the silver league in the first place.

_Tsavo_ #3 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 40615 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

Good luck!  I've considered trying league stuff, but the time requirement has always been the killer

Sheller3 #4 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 21:49

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

View Post_Promote_Synergy_, on Jan 01 2018 - 15:39, said:

If I didn't have to regrind credits from the practice room scrims then sure. Reason why I left the silver league in the first place.

#BlameWargaming for taking away our league accounts...Definitely one of the downsides to the current league. So many credits! It's easy to burn through 300-500k in a night, times 3-4 nights a week; starts to hurt after not long. My general rule is 10-15 mil per season, depending on what tanks a given person is playing. Grinding throughout the season helps, but it still adds up.

Sheller3 #5 Posted Jan 01 2018 - 21:54

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 01 2018 - 15:48, said:

Good luck!  I've considered trying league stuff, but the time requirement has always been the killer

Cheers tsavo!

Yep, the time is the other hardest aspect: between grinding credits for practices/matches and then playing the practices/matches, it does take a chunk of time. It's fun though, and well worth it. It's by far my favorite competitive format, clan wars (rip CW 1.0) has nothing on it once you've tried it. Not to mention, non-league tourneys become drastically easier if you have a team composed of league team members! 

Element_Therorist #6 Posted Jan 03 2018 - 23:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14548 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
Good luck with the recruiting sheller! and best of luck to your team considering you picked up Roshan. Treat him well and Ill see you guys on the battlefield! 

Sheller3 #7 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 06:32

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

View PostElement_Therorist, on Jan 03 2018 - 17:48, said:

Good luck with the recruiting sheller! and best of luck to your team considering you picked up Roshan. Treat him well and Ill see you guys on the battlefield! 

Thanks Ele, I will! And good luck with Clarity!

Sheller3 #8 Posted Jan 07 2018 - 06:07

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

Week 1 update!

• _roshan, eragon0309, ImTwitch53, and RandxPlaysTanks have been added to the roster.
  • Currently in talks with 3 people.
  • Messaged 15-20 people, and looked at countless others. 

We're still accepting applications, make sure to submit yours today!

Sheller3 #9 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 03:03

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

Week 2 update! Bit of a quieter week because I've been busy, but still visible progress!

• ForbiddenSnowman and stratfish have been added to the roster.
  • Messaged about 10 people. 

We're looking for callers right now! While we currently have multiple qualified people, nobody is interested in taking on that roll; apply today if you're interested!

Sheller3 #10 Posted Jan 24 2018 - 07:41

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

Week 3 update! (A couple of days late...)

• MaffuWaifuSenpaiOniiChan (whatever he just changed his name to) and Heaven_The_Animal have been added to the roster.
  • RandxPlaysTanks and stratfish have been removed from the roster, both by their request (scheduling).

Three spots left! Submit your application today!

Sheller3 #11 Posted Jan 28 2018 - 20:11

Captain

• Players
  • 25890 battles

Week 4 update!

• Nothing to report, it's been a quiet week. Anything that happened was early in the week, and covered in the week 3 update. Time to get back on the grind though!

Blaze_terror #12 Posted Jan 29 2018 - 20:56

Captain

• Players
  • 14253 battles
  • [N0RAD] N0RAD
GL  Sheller  I hope ESL  and wgna get there act together.   League has not been the same sents ESL took over 

jetrecto #13 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 22:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27063 battles

View PostBlaze_terror, on Jan 29 2018 - 20:56, said:

GL  Sheller  I hope ESL  and wgna get there act together.   League has not been the same sents ESL took over 

I dont remember you being a part of Silver League for the past few seasons, therefore I dont know if you are really sure what you are talking about.

Blaze_terror #14 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 23:27

Captain

• Players
  • 14253 battles
  • [N0RAD] N0RAD

Ever hear of Team Technical Difficulties  stop doing league in summer of 2016 . after  yrs of being in bronze and silver . So yes i know what i am  talking about .  in fact Sheller tried out with us way back then . yes i am out of the loop in knowing whats happening with league now. my point being esl and wglna  do not communicate very well with the player base. And that first season sucked  waiting hrs for battles to start. (And I hope you all read the latest post by Yoott .  Before wasting your time in 2018

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users