Arty

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Swearengen5 #21 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 20:43

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 52795 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Arty needs to be doing more splash and damage to light tanks.  With the absolute *** of LTs getting top-tiering, the LTs now have enough HP that they run straight into arty guns with no worries.  That's pretty *** stupid. 

I've watched time and again when a LT is directly hit by arty and takes less than 100 damage. 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Jan 10 2018 - 07:39.

Swearengen5 #22 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 52795 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST
*double post*

Edited by Swearengen5, Jan 09 2018 - 21:07.

Son_of_the_South #23 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 00:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ
Easily solved, give everyone the ability to toggle play with arty..... guess what will happen.

Son_of_the_South #24 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View PostSwearengen5, on Jan 09 2018 - 14:43, said:

Arty needs to be doing more splash and damage to light tanks.  With the absolute bullsh*t of LTs getting top-tiering, the LTs now have enough HP that they run straight into arty guns with no worries.  That's pretty goddamn stupid. 

I've watched time and again when a LT is directly hit by arty and takes less than 100 damage. 

I didn't know that cursing God's name was an acceptable form of communication on this forum and if it is shame on you and on the forum moderators.

destroika #25 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 06:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 16906 battles

I play arty a lot and I, for one, like it as is. In fact, I appreciate the accuracy buff over the damage loss - more skill, less RNG. WG describes it's role as one to soften the enemy lines to help your team advance or to deter an enemy push. In its current state, arty performs this role just fine unless a situation is just overwhelming, but any tank or arty isn't going to be expected to completely carry a flank. On what basis do you feel arty is lacking? 

I don't mean to patronize, just throwing some things out there,

If you can't seem to find a good angle with everyone behind a tall object, go the British line, it has high-arching shots that can clear tall obstacles better.

If you feel you are lacking damage, try to aim for targets with more HP still on them, as your role is to soften targets anyway. Only go for a kill shot if it's a particularly dangerous player - I don't mean xvm - I mean, do they seem to be causing a lot of damage on your team? Are they managing to work their way through your team's line? Basically, are their current actions aggressive and impacting your team the most? If so, they need to go.

Generally just constantly monitor the flow of the battle and provide fire to your weakest flank.

destroika #26 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 06:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 16906 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on Jan 09 2018 - 19:43, said:

Arty needs to be doing more splash and damage to light tanks.  With the absolute *** of LTs getting top-tiering, the LTs now have enough HP that they run straight into arty guns with no worries.  That's pretty *** stupid. 

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

LT's should mainly be managed by direct-fire tanks and good team positioning. If they are driving straight into the arty guns and getting to the back lines, something else was already a problem. I don't know about the direct hit being 100 damage unless you're talking about low tier? I get irked at my team when a light tank is able to strafe the arty line early in the match, not at the game mechanics.

With all the arty hate, I wouldn't be surprised if my team purposely leaves a hole to let the arty die.

albonnie #27 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 00:27

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 39587 battles
  • [L13TH] L13TH

Put arty back to how it was, as it is now it's just an irritation,

remove stun, nerf accuracy, buff damage, put the fun back in playing it and remove the irritation

Son_of_the_South #28 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Postalbonnie, on Jan 11 2018 - 18:27, said:

Put arty back to how it was, as it is now it's just an irritation,

remove stun, nerf accuracy, buff damage, put the fun back in playing it and remove the irritation

They should let the players vote. Provide three or four options and allow the player base to vote.

Son_of_the_South #29 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14657 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Jan 11 2018 - 19:55, said:

They should let the players vote. Provide three or four options and allow the player base to vote.

I would vote for a non-artillery toggle allowing me to play artillery if I wanted to. I would give up my premium arty to get rid of it once and for all. They wouldn't even have to reimburse me what I paid for it.

Destroyer062505 #30 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 05:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 9078 battles
  • [WLSON] WLSON
There should be a toggle arty button for sure. If arty no longer gets into matches, that means most of the player base hates it and it should be removed altogether.

Maui0711 #31 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 05:29

Private

• Players
  • 22919 battles
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO

WG can keep building favoritisms in the game all they want for SPGs, but they should give the rest of us an option of "No-Arty" games.  My T-95 has been hit so many times just getting to the battle, that I am at half HP when I get to where the real shooting starts.  

At a minimum since arty has "stun", which is burned into my monitor, then there should be an auto sixth sense when spotted by an SPG. WG you keep talking about a fun player experience, then actually balance it where I might be able to avoid some of the splash damage from an enemy that I cannot see, and have no idea im being shot at.  Or allow me the option of not having to deal with it at all.  If the game is for us, then let us decide.

ftbraggnc84 #32 Posted Jan 14 2018 - 07:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40856 battles

Arty killing tanks is pure wot b.s.

1.  There is no adjust fire.  Standard is 3 adjust fire rounds, one at a time, until the target is straddled, then the call for "fire for effect" goes in.  Standard is to get to "fire for effect" within 5 minutes.

2.  There is no time of flight - which is usually about 30 seconds with rounds going about 10 miles at about 770 mph.

3.  Each round adjusted means the fire direction center has to replot the firing data and send it to the cannon(s) firing.  They change their settings and fire again.

4.  A master gunner in arty will place 3 of 6 rounds fired at the same target within 100 meters of the target.  A direct hit with dumb rounds is pure luck and occurs less than once per 1000 rounds fired. The standard for all gunners is to place 3 of 6 within 200 yards of the target.

5.  Arty is primarily an anti-infantry weapon.  Safest place for a targeted tank is to be the target - everything around it gets hit.

6.  WoT should offer an option to play games without arty.  Much better games that way.

Double_O7 #33 Posted Jan 15 2018 - 02:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4166 battles
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-
Spgs suck both ways. ARty players hate them, non arty players hate them. Give arty it's previous power and reduce them to one per battle. Done

Also tagged with Arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users