Thank you WG for resisting MM by PR, win rate, or WIN-whatever

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

Revoc_cn #1 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 00:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 7009 battles

Had a wonderful week in WoT with red tomatoes pushing or shooting teammates or doing anything but helping the team to win. And I think this is the worst time I have experienced since I started to play WoT in 2012.

WG just can not face the facts that all the fancy MM system they imaged is a SH*T. In a 357 MM if the three top-tier are red tomatoes then the game is over, and magically most of the time you have all 3 [edited]or all 3 purple re-rolls and the enemies have the opposite. So in the new MM, the bottom tier facing the situation that if your top tiers are [edited], there is no space for you to do anything while in the old MM time, bottom tiers can at least do something because having 10 red tomatoes top tiers is impossible at that time.(it is possible now). And in the new 357 MM, bottom tiers get less exp because they have no chance to earn them from higher tiers and top tiers are getting less cause there are fewer hit points available. red tomatoes are crying about re-rolls(I can't get why people always crying about re-roll, a re-roller get a higher penetration or RoF or what? If a re-roller is a true noob and you are not why you care about whether he rolls)

And after all the years, WG cannot face the fact that win rate is the only parameter to judge a player and at least they should give players chance to compete with players of the same level. The rank battle is the hugest joke in the history of rank systems that in the second season I have seen the second rank is full of 47% win rate players. red tomatoes are angry about everyone because they are always crushed by the enemies and they can never face the fact that win rate lower than 50% can only be the result of their lack of skills, experience, and ability to learn. "re-rollers" are seeking for data rather than a win when finding out the top-tiers are overwhelmed by the opponents. What makes MM by win rate so hateful to WG?

I love this game but I'm sure WG is trying to cheap out in making the game better and they are trying the get the last coin from it. I do not know how long this game can last 

Happy new years guys. it is just a game but I hope it can better than now

Zippit #2 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 00:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 18434 battles

g00g13

paragraph
ˈparəɡrɑːf/
noun

1. a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

LOL, stat based MM won't fix the problems, as you're just blaming scapegoats effectively. Players cause the bad MM we have, WG can't do anything about it. MM isn't set up to create blowouts, or lack of teamwork (directly related), players and selfish play (often stat oriented) cause this. 

It's why AW's skill-based/balanced MM had blowouts after blowouts. Win rate and any stat can be padded, win rate, for example is padded in platoons. 

Also win rate below 50% can still be above average, as average is ~48% due to draws. It's impossible for everyone to be "skilled" and win all the time. Among evenly bracketed skill players, win rates will normalize to ~48% or so. As with 15 players winning, there's 15 players losing, except for draws where everyone loses. 

Seriously, the best way to improve MM is to try to get as many players who want to improve, to do so, and teach them. You'll always have people who don't want or care to learn and improve, and you can't rely on tutorials in a game, as either they simply become too complex, convoluted and need constant updates, or players breeze through them as they view it as a barrier to their fun. No amount of MM taking any type of stats into account will solve a simply bad player-base who treats this game as 1 v 29. 

gamagrass #4 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:00

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8053 battles
  • [6PANZ] 6PANZ
Meh

WeAreOU #5 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25144 battles
  • [_ICH_] _ICH_
yeah ok.....

Winterpeger #6 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:12

Major

• Players
  • 51233 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
:teethhappy:  so why did you re-roll OP. 

dominator_98 #7 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 20151 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
PvP will be always be cancerous. It's the nature of the beast. Having to rely on less skilled players to win doesn't make the skilled players happy and getting stomped by unis is no fun for the tomatoes.

Feargrim27 #8 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11861 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

Hey bud, listen the discussion of skill/stat based MM has been talked about for years now.

The problem with WoT and a skilled based MM is what would happen to the skilled player base? They would leave the game, why? Insane long wait times for a match. Just look at the average player base, 48% WR (ish), what would happened to the 55% + ? Not many of them, it would take time to throw them into a game. Take into consideration type of tank and Tier... and it would take even longer.

Kamahl said it, in the end it is onto WG to make WoT's player base educated. A better, bigger training is required. I'd say 100 battles of intense stuff is required. They would still get credits and experience, just keep them away from the mass population until they are done. Also, Tier 8 premiums SHOULD NOT be sold to anyone under certain number of battles. How many times do I see a Skorp or IS6 go full YOLO and do 1 shot of damage. 

Lastly, the 3/5/7 MM is very problematic, it creates not only a backlog but as you said it, if the top 3 are window-lickers, the match is pretty much over. The MM needs to be tweaked, WG publicly came out and said they are looking it as even they suspect something is off. NA's issue here is lack of players compared to RU and EU so what we get/see in games is a result of a MM based on a larger scale. 

We'll see what 2018 brings. New HD maps will change a few things. I am hopeful they will at least tweak the MM a bit so Tier 8s don't get stuck in Tier 10 games 75% of the time. I am still convinced it isn't so the tier that is a problem but the type of tanks those top 3 come out to be. I've had a game where Two Tier X mediums vs Two Tier X heavies (both had a X scout), and those mediums ripped our team a new one.

Edited by Feargrim27, Jan 02 2018 - 01:18.

enjineer #9 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:20

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43749 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostFeargrim27, on Jan 01 2018 - 19:17, said:

Hey bud, listen the discussion of skill/stat based MM has been talked about for years now.

The problem with WoT and a skilled based MM is what would happen to the skilled player base? They would leave the game, why? Insane long wait times for a match. Just look at the average player base, 48% WR (ish), what would happened to the 55% + ? Not many of them, it would take time to throw them into a game. Take into consideration type of tank and Tier... and it would take even longer.

Kamahl said it, in the end it is onto WG to make WoT's player base educated. A better, bigger training is required. I'd say 100 battles of intense stuff is required. They would still get credits and experience, just keep them away from the mass population until they are done. Also, Tier 8 premiums SHOULD NOT be sold to anyone under certain number of battles. How many times do I see a Skorp or IS6 go full YOLO and do 1 shot of damage. 

Lastly, the 3/5/7 MM is very problematic, it creates not only a backlog but as you said it, if the top 3 are window-lickers, the match is pretty much over. The MM needs to be tweaked, WG publicly came out and said they are looking it as even they suspect something is off. NA's issue here is lack of players compared to RU and EU so what we get/see in games is a result of a MM based on a larger scale. 

We'll see what 2018 brings. New HD maps will change a few things. I am hopeful they will at least tweak the MM a bit so Tier 8s don't get stuck in Tier 10 games 75% of the time. I am still convinced it isn't so the tier that is a problem but the type of tanks those top 3 come out to be. I've had a game where Two Tier X mediums vs Two Tier X heavies (both had a X scout), and those mediums ripped our team a new one.

Best way would be do nothing in battle, get no XP and not letting new players buy tier 8 prem tanks.

Kamahl1234 #10 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:22

Major

• Players
  • 18393 battles

View Postenjineer, on Jan 02 2018 - 00:20, said:

Best way would be do nothing in battle, get no XP and not letting new players buy tier 8 prem tanks.

Hooray for the formula for a dead game! :D

Cause everyone likes to be punished for a bad match. 

Edited by Kamahl1234, Jan 02 2018 - 01:22.

Feargrim27 #11 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11861 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

View Postenjineer, on Jan 01 2018 - 19:20, said:

It's a good start.

dominator_98 #12 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 20151 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View PostKamahl1234, on Jan 01 2018 - 18:22, said:

0 xp is not a punishment, it's what you should earn for doing 0 damage.

the_dude_76 #13 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:26

Major

• Players
  • 32268 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

Block Quote

Had a wonderful week in WoT with red tomatoes pushing or shooting teammates or doing anything but helping the team to win. And I think this is the worst time I have experienced since I started to play WoT in 2012.

And we're supposed to believe that you weren't a tomato before you re-rolled??? Yawn

Block Quote

I can't get why people always crying about re-roll, 

Says the guy suggesting that WR be used to set matches. If I didn't read it myself I'd never imagine anyone could be so dense...

the_dude_76 #14 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:26

Major

• Players
  • 32268 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postdominator_98, on Jan 02 2018 - 00:25, said:

So if I spot for 4k I get no exp if I do no damage myself???

Feargrim27 #15 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11861 battles
  • [FUSON] FUSON

View Postthe_dude_76, on Jan 01 2018 - 19:26, said:

So if I spot for 4k I get no exp if I do no damage myself???

I think what is meant is do nothing, get nothing. Spotting damage would count, etc.

I also want to talk briefly on the topic of "get punished" for a bad game. I cannot recall a game in which I did no damage and no spotting. It is incredibly easy to do SOMETHING. Again, WG has to add some educating point here, if someone got a 0 exp battle, I think a pop-up should appear (for new players) and advise them of why. 

Edited by Feargrim27, Jan 02 2018 - 01:36.

Doomslinger__ #16 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 01:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
They should make some adjustments to the mm system. How about a 5/5/5, 5/10 and all same tiers templates. The mm can choose 5/5/5 first then if there is a surplus of players at certain tiers, put them in 5/10 and if there is a significant surplus of a tier, put the over-flow in all same tier matches to take up the excess. 3/5/7 is bad because the top tier tanks need to carry their weight or it really ruins the team's match. 5/5/5 would spread the load of carrying over 5 top tiers instead of 3 and also, it would create more top tier matches for all players. A win-win situation.

enjineer #17 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 02:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43749 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostKamahl1234, on Jan 01 2018 - 19:22, said:

Why should a player be rewarded for doing nothing?

LeaveIT2Beaver #18 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 02:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 31712 battles
  • [J4F] J4F

Yeah, kinda like the  Adobe player in a T34 who spent the entire game running over buildings at the spawn, then trying to climb up a ridge, finally setting up in some bushes at the base and never moved again. That kind of bull squat stuff does kinda wrack the game huh?

I would rather have 10 tomatoes willing to try than an arrogant ******* just jacking around because one more loss won't hurt his stats at all. 

By the way - punctuation - it's a TOOL 

Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Jan 02 2018 - 02:38.

VooDooKobra #19 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 8302 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postenjineer, on Jan 01 2018 - 17:20, said:

you might as well be asking to poop gold if you think any game will restrict premium sales.  

View Postdominator_98, on Jan 01 2018 - 17:25, said:

issue with making damage the base if you can in effect punish those who run stock.  should a person in a slow vehicle lets say the VK100 get no xp is he goes in the direction heavies usually goes and their entire team lemmings the other side?  his inability to relocate would have him potentially not get any xp.  or the guy who fires 10 rounds but bounced that T95 every time?  

moon111 #20 Posted Jan 02 2018 - 02:38

Major

• Players
  • 30750 battles

The question Wargaming is going to ask is, how do we make money.  Did anyone else get a AC 'what is that in the front' Sentinel tank in their gift box?  Try penning without premium...

However, for most part, low tier isn't going to make the big coin.  Therefore you have fail to the top.  You don't even have to play your tank... you're going to wind up in the top tiers and

where the real $ is to be made.  Players start looking for solutions to their game.  Buy a premium tank/account/shoot gold/etc.  Why would Wargaming ever want to stop players from 

advancing?  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users