BADMATCH

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

colwulf #1 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 00:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 3784 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

I am sure we see alot of these but i have not seen one in a while. i would like to make a suggestion to WOT. they need to change the match making to + or -1 not + or - 2. Why you ask... the problem that i see as a tanker... if you are tier 8 for example i am in a IS-3 and i just finished a match where a FV4005 pushed me the most damage i could do was 300 per shot with Gold... and he one shot me with his gun. the fact of the matter is the Tank Differential between Tier 8 and 10 is way too high... you get the same now a days with most tanks that are + 2... you all keep buffing the tanks... and that creats a massive power creep and does not scale well... just food for thought... 

YES LET THE HATE COMMENCE... TROLLS WILL BE TROLLS... 

the_dude_76 #2 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 00:54

Captain

• Players
  • 30794 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM
You never have to face more than 3 tier 10 tanks in a tier 8. Damaging those tier 10's in your tier 8 gives you a 20% boost to exp and credits over what you'd get for the same damage against the same tier tank. For those 2 reasons I suspect most people are, like me, fine with +2/-2

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 00:58

Major

• Players
  • 18150 battles
  • [ARSON] ARSON

So you pushed the single most threatening gun on the enemy team, mind you a tank which tier 4 tanks can penetrate, fired gold at it for some reason, and are surprised you were killed by this tank?

I must ask, but do you like get into fistfights against 12 men and become surprised when you're now the one on the floor instead of them?

Khrip #4 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 01:00

Private

• Players
  • 38201 battles

Yes it is true you will only see 3 T 10's , but there is also the 5 T9's to contend with and then the 7 tanks that you can actually evenly fight. I was trying to do the on track --- got to the T8 VK --- what a colossal waste of time to try to grind a T8 heavy you are nothing but an anchor around your teams neck. A td or med can scout snipe and move a heavy just has to bounce his shots and get panned by over-match mechanics. 

This is a truly broken MM that was poorly thought out and implemented

SenaKashiwazaki #5 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 01:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11847 battles
  • [AFU] AFU

1. Why shoot gold at a tank with Paper armour? 

2. Why face off against the biggest TD gun in the game with an IS-3? You should know better....

colwulf #6 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 01:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 3784 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
to answer the questions i didnt push the TD he pushed us... he was Brawling in town with all the heavy's and was doing better then the heavy's cause the most damage anyone who was not T10 could do was to about 300 damage and he was putting out well over 1500 with every shot. answer me how is this not broken... when as a heavy you go heavy and get over played... for match making we had 3 T10, 3T9 the rest were T8's... were are you getting your 5T9's from... Match making is not perfect i had a match yesterday with 4 T10's 1 T9  and the rest T8's... so no Match making is still FUBAR!

pyerm #7 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 01:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 9918 battles
  • [DTC] DTC
i completely agree with colwulf.  first, he did not "pick" the fight, he was thrust into an unbalanced battle. a stock IS 3 cannot pen a  tier  10 heavy, ya there are only three, with a couple of 9's rolling along side it. in this type of situation you're just tank fodder. most tier 8's have no business in this battle, especially if they're stock. it makes it impossible to grind up to the upgrades. i'm sure the tier 9's and 10's love this. they can easily pad their stats with simple one shot kills. if it stopped, they would have to battle some one their own size 

Kamahl1234 #8 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 01:29

Major

• Players
  • 18150 battles
  • [ARSON] ARSON

View Postcolwulf, on Jan 04 2018 - 00:12, said:

to answer the questions i didnt push the TD he pushed us... he was Brawling in town with all the heavy's and was doing better then the heavy's cause the most damage anyone who was not T10 could do was to about 300 damage and he was putting out well over 1500 with every shot. answer me how is this not broken... when as a heavy you go heavy and get over played... for match making we had 3 T10, 3T9 the rest were T8's... were are you getting your 5T9's from... Match making is not perfect i had a match yesterday with 4 T10's 1 T9  and the rest T8's... so no Match making is still FUBAR!

Not on one team you didn't. 

And if that Fv was tier 9, you'd still have half your HP, if you didn't get ammo-racked, as at that tier many TDs can ammo-rack the IS-3 with relative ease.

Not to mention your team allowed a glass-cannon to survive with the most dangerous gun in the game. Even tier 10 tanks need to be wary of it, yet your team sounds to have allowed a tank with a 30s reload to easily wreck you as well.

On that note, how were you so close to him that you were the first target, you had your own 10's that could have been between you and the TD. 

Kamahl1234 #9 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 18150 battles
  • [ARSON] ARSON

View Postpyerm, on Jan 04 2018 - 00:29, said:

i completely agree with colwulf.  first, he did not "pick" the fight, he was thrust into an unbalanced battle. a stock IS 3 cannot pen a  tier  10 heavy, ya there are only three, with a couple of 9's rolling along side it. in this type of situation you're just tank fodder. most tier 8's have no business in this battle, especially if they're stock. it makes it impossible to grind up to the upgrades. i'm sure the tier 9's and 10's love this. they can easily pad their stats with simple one shot kills. if it stopped, they would have to battle some one their own size 

175mm is ample to fight tier 9 tanks (pref MM tanks have this pen generally) and what it does is teaches you that going head on into a fight isn't your only recourse. If you believe that you'll always struggle in this game. 

This coming from a player who predominantly plays tier 8 tanks, I know quite well how these tanks can perform. 

ATankFullOfIdiots #10 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 08:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38095 battles
It isnt the MM its the tanks you are facing. They cant fix MM because the power creep from t8-t10 is so steep. Most of the tanks are good when they are top tier, unless you are in a russian medium then you are good at any tier. Or in a russian heavy or TD or Arty. Then you are good in any tier also.

DeathNACan #11 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 09:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22760 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

View Postcolwulf, on Jan 03 2018 - 18:48, said:

I am sure we see alot of these but i have not seen one in a while. i would like to make a suggestion to WOT. they need to change the match making to + or -1 not + or - 2. Why you ask... the problem that i see as a tanker... if you are tier 8 for example i am in a IS-3 and i just finished a match where a FV4005 pushed me the most damage i could do was 300 per shot with Gold... and he one shot me with his gun. the fact of the matter is the Tank Differential between Tier 8 and 10 is way too high... you get the same now a days with most tanks that are + 2... you all keep buffing the tanks... and that creats a massive power creep and does not scale well... just food for thought... 

Wow!  How do you think the players who drive tier VI tanks who see those those VIII tanks feel?  For the last year Wargamming has been buffing tier VII, VIII and IX tanks with no consideration of lower tiers.  Sorry buddy, can't say I have much sympathy for you.  I've been on the receiving end of those gold rounds from tier VIII tanks.

Tahllol #12 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 14:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8255 battles

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jan 04 2018 - 08:18, said:

It isnt the MM its the tanks you are facing. They cant fix MM because the power creep from t8-t10 is so steep. Most of the tanks are good when they are top tier, unless you are in a russian medium then you are good at any tier. Or in a russian heavy or TD or Arty. Then you are good in any tier also.

The Russian tanks are not all that you make them sound like super tanks when they are not even close. Sounds like you need to go back and actually play the majority of your matches and you would see they are not all that OP.

cy_o_nyde #13 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 17:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 2655 battles

Skill level is a factor in the game yet not used in the MM. You guys are not trying hard enough! MM is a lot better than it was last year by great margins. But still, there are a few overachieving players who farm low tiers. That is just plain stupid! they bring their tanks with 8 perks against a poor guy who is driving a stock tank and an 0 skilled crew at 50%. Where does that even sound right, c'mon man, fix it!

I'm not talking about just me when I started, I see this everyday happening to a lot of poor souls. 

By the way what in the heck is going on with being in the "bottom tier" all morning, every day?

DeathNACan #14 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 23:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22760 battles
  • [THC-1] THC-1

View Postcy_o_nyde, on Jan 08 2018 - 11:16, said:

Skill level is a factor in the game yet not used in the MM. You guys are not trying hard enough! MM is a lot better than it was last year by great margins. But still, there are a few overachieving players who farm low tiers. That is just plain stupid! they bring their tanks with 8 perks against a poor guy who is driving a stock tank and an 0 skilled crew at 50%. Where does that even sound right, c'mon man, fix it!

I'm not talking about just me when I started, I see this everyday happening to a lot of poor souls. 

By the way what in the heck is going on with being in the "bottom tier" all morning, every day?

I have screenshots that prove that PR is being used when forming teams along with whether a player wins or loses.  If a player wins, MM will put him with higher PR players.  As long as he loses, it will keep him with lower PR players.  When it doesn't stack by PR, it tends to stack by hardware (pen and armor).  I have seen way to many games where a team was simply out-gunned and out armored too win.  Okay, so imagine there are two teams.  Each team has three tier VIII tanks, four tier VIII and the rest are tier VI tanks.  If Team A has a grossly aggregate amount of armor an pen over the Team B you can forget skill, crew skill and PR... Team B is going home in body-bags!

Son_of_the_South #15 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 02:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12935 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Postcolwulf, on Jan 03 2018 - 18:48, said:

It is the same all the way down the spectrum. If there were a one tier difference at least it would make up for the lack of a skill tier based mm system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users