Bad form/Wrong-strategy on my part, or ignore the battle Trolls?

strategy choosing your role protect base lemming rush collapsed flanks chess mini-map sniper/sniping old fart trolling

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

murdockwan #61 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 12:51

Captain

• Players
  • 24284 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostRipping, on Jan 10 2018 - 10:56, said:

Another useless detrimental player for his team, who his giving advice how to play a tank... LOL

He is trying to explain what he observed in games. He's not rude or negative.

If you need to attack someone for bad stats, look at the mirror and your 48% recent win rate.

You are detrimental to most of your teams yourself.

Ripping #62 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:34

Captain

• Players
  • 18561 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

View Postmurdockwan, on Jan 10 2018 - 12:51, said:

He is trying to explain what he observed in games. He's not rude or negative.

If you need to attack someone for bad stats, look at the mirror and your 48% recent win rate.

You are detrimental to most of your teams yourself.

You really dont want to go down the road with your WN8 compared to mine, and with the extra games in hand.... lol

murdockwan #63 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 16:58

Captain

• Players
  • 24284 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostRipping, on Jan 10 2018 - 14:34, said:

You really dont want to go down the road with your WN8 compared to mine, and with the extra games in hand.... lol

It's not whose stats best topic. Stay on point. Don't attack others.

Ripping #64 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 18:48

Captain

• Players
  • 18561 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

View Postmurdockwan, on Jan 10 2018 - 16:58, said:

It's not whose stats best topic. Stay on point. Don't attack others.

Really?? LOL Did you read what he wrote..?

"Two issues are one a majority of the insults about what your in and how they think you should play dont have a clue about the tank your in. Playing heavy as a sniper will always result in some comments. Because again if its a thin skinned heavy designed to be second tier support they dont have a clue. "

This is a scrub telling others how to play... Funny when I bet the ones telling him are way better than he ever will be telling him not to camp in his heavies while he only does an average of 190 damage per game...

So, I will attack him for giving advice on how to play a tank... deal with it, or go hug a tree and put me on igmore!

TankFullOfBourbon #65 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 24216 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
No offense, OP, but you are getting criticism, and abuse I guess, because you play bad at tiers you should not play at. You have 2k games under your belt and you have played 450 games at tier 8 and 6. In fact. 21% of all your games are at this level. Abuse cannot be excused, but you should expect to get messages when you play at tier 8. At 46% w/r, you have a negative contribution to your team. 

Hermit73 #66 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 17:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 11367 battles
  • [S0R] S0R

View PostChaosKampf, on Jan 03 2018 - 18:53, said:

I'm not good at "Brawling" no matter what Tank I use, and I know it, just like I know that I can't sing, so I don't do Karaoke. So instead of rushing off to get myself killed asap, I have set most of my Tanks up as best I can to serve in either an Overwatch, or a Sniping role. 

If that's the gameplay you want to do I would suggest you start playing Tier 4 or 5 TDs .  Perhaps your Stug III G.  Get a camo net, binocs and gun rammer and a camo crew and try to stay behind your team mates but don't camp your base.  Try to always keep the enemy in draw range but not spotting range.  Stug III G has enough accuracy and penetration to be effective.  Another good one would be the Wolverine, it has lower penetration but has a turret so you won't lose your camo net and binocs bonus when you turn and it has good DPM.

There is a quote about judging a fish on how well it climbs trees and with that analogy you should play with your strengths.  Personally I'm a bad heavy tanker and I tried lights for a long time but after getting in over my head I went back to Tier 5 and I'm trying to get my second barrel mark on a few tanks and the Stug and Wolverine are finally doing well for me.

You have to be able to not let the haters bother you but you should take a quick assessment about whether you can learn anything from their comments and toss the rest.  

Good luck and happy hunting!

ChaosKampf #67 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 08:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3253 battles
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF

According to this thing ( https://clantools.us...s?id=1028225445 ), I'm doing fairly well with Tier VI, except for the T-34-85. Is it just because I haven't learned to use it right, or is the T-34-85 that much worse than my Strv m/42-57?

I'm playing the m/42-57 as a Sniper-Tank, and have it set up accordingly, but the T-34-85 isn't very good as a Sniper, at least not with the "middle" gun that I have on it, so I've been following the heavies and trying to play peek-a-boo style with it. Two shots from just about anything seem to be able to take it out though, and no matter how I angle it, it seems like nothing bounces...

ChaosKampf #68 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 08:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3253 battles
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF

View PostHermit73, on Jan 11 2018 - 10:50, said:

Another good one would be the Wolverine, it has lower penetration but has a turret so you won't lose your camo net and binocs bonus when you turn and it has good DPM.

It seems to me that all the TD's should do the same; only losing the net when actually moving forward or back. In the real-world there would be no need for the net to be removed while just rotating in place to make aiming adjustments...

Edited by ChaosKampf, Jan 14 2018 - 07:35.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users