Dont believe most of what forum posters tell ya

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

dpmgumby #1 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 01:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

You will read over and over in the forums that players at high tier are better than players at middle tiers.

This is utter crap.

Outright BS

Game after game after game there is nothing but lemmingtrains, window lickers abound.

Yes higher tier games are harder because tanks have more pen, better damage etc..... so one wrong move and your gone...

But im talking about 2 things, the players stats and the players ability.

Its rare to see a unicum player in higher tier games, I see more purple/blues in middle tier games then in T8-10

Players abilities are just as crappy as what you find in middle tier games too. You see no map strategies. Heavies going where tds should be, tds going to the front line and of course lights totally ignored if scouting.

This has been a pain for me since I came here on the NA server. Scouts are supported to the point of almost protected in the EU. players understand if you support a scout you will get to kill tanks that they light up. Here I get support about 1% of games and thats not a joke, that very realistic. When I say support I do not mean SPG's I mean TD's and others. 

My stats have gone to [edited]e since T6 up and Im ready for all the forum fan bois to go on and on about how "you have no skill" "if you were good you could do better". None of the crap that these wankers say will bother me because I know i am doing what ever i can to help my team even when I dont get help in return. I also know that even when I go through 10 losses in a row, I tend to be in the top 3 of damage and xp in every one of the matches. Thats sad when the low tier scout gets top 3 over and over, thats how bad the players are.

I am seriously starting to look forward to getting my T10 light so I can park it and start grinding my td or medium line and then be able to at least do some major damage.

Anywho, dont believe the hype, players are just as bad at T8-T10 as any other tier.

Unschooled_Bus #2 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15759 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

There are players at all tiers that are terrible, no one will deny that.

But really the meta changes the higher tier you go, Tier 4 and lower, people don't know where to go, tier 5-7 is when you see the meta change again where people have much better ideas on where to go, how their tanks play, etc.  And Tier 8-10 there is another change as most players have figured out how to play their tanks and have learned where there tanks should and shouldn't go.

Scouting specifically is one of those things that takes a lot of time to master and really isn't supported by the meta which is mostly corridors and heavy armor, where view range and camo aren't needed as much.  And when you can play as a proper scout, most players might not be in a position to light what you spot, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it because you're still giving your team information on where there tanks are going.

And with less than 5k battles played, I don't feel you're really in a place to judge what is a good player for their tier and everyone has their own definition of a good player, though most would agree that doing your own HP in damage in a game is at least pulling your weight.

But you also can't expect much teamwork in a team game where there is little to no communication by the teams, because most won't listen anyway.

24cups #3 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:06

Captain

• Players
  • 22564 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I don't recall reading that higher tiers meant more skilled players. I see good and bad at all tiers.

Arturo_Steel #4 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10727 battles
You clearly aren't doing whatever you can to help your team if you are only 47% of your battles.

dpmgumby #5 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:09

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostUnschooled_Bus, on Jan 04 2018 - 02:04, said:

And with less than 5k battles played, I don't feel you're really in a place to judge what is a good player for their tier and everyone has their own definition of a good player, though most would agree that doing your own HP in damage in a game is at least pulling your weight.

I have well over 100k matches under my belt, this is my new NA server, came over a while back from the EU.

And if I didnt, I am at tier 9, half way to getting T10, that means I have seen players from T1 - T10, so actually I do have the ability to say that I have seen just as many red players at high tiers than at middle tiers, hell more even.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 63519 battles
One question.   Is OP's title a double negative, double positive, redundant conclusion or some other forum anomaly?

dpmgumby #7 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostArturo_Steel, on Jan 04 2018 - 02:08, said:

You clearly aren't doing whatever you can to help your team if you are only 47% of your battles.

Thank you, thank you for giving me the perfect example of what I said in my post. 

So your logic is I suck because of my win rate...... though nobody can carry a team in WOT. I could care less about this stupid type of comment because I am always in the top of damage and xp..... as a light

_Tsavo_ #8 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 40615 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
No doubt there's baddies at every tier.

Trigger_Happy_Jax #9 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32265 battles
  • [STK-R] STK-R
True story OP.  I see the same garbage in 8-10 as I do in 5-7.  Heavies camping, scouts hiding, frequent lemming trains, poor team work, xvm farming, mission farming, 1 vs. 29 petty, selfish attidudes, etc.  

The only difference is that in 8-10 I expect to see better, so I am let down, and frustrated more.  Also, as an added bonus for my elevated frustration level, I lose more credits in 8-10, when I can simply play 5-7 and earn credits.  I only run upper tiers to get a daily double done, then park the tank.

riot_evo #10 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13520 battles

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 04 2018 - 01:55, said:

You will read over and over in the forums that players at high tier are better than players at middle tiers.

This is utter crap.

Outright BS

Game after game after game there is nothing but lemmingtrains, window lickers abound.

Yes higher tier games are harder because tanks have more pen, better damage etc..... so one wrong move and your gone...

But im talking about 2 things, the players stats and the players ability.

Its rare to see a unicum player in higher tier games, I see more purple/blues in middle tier games then in T8-10

Players abilities are just as crappy as what you find in middle tier games too. You see no map strategies. Heavies going where tds should be, tds going to the front line and of course lights totally ignored if scouting.

This has been a pain for me since I came here on the NA server. Scouts are supported to the point of almost protected in the EU. players understand if you support a scout you will get to kill tanks that they light up. Here I get support about 1% of games and thats not a joke, that very realistic. When I say support I do not mean SPG's I mean TD's and others. 

My stats have gone to [edited]e since T6 up and Im ready for all the forum fan bois to go on and on about how "you have no skill" "if you were good you could do better". None of the crap that these wankers say will bother me because I know i am doing what ever i can to help my team even when I dont get help in return. I also know that even when I go through 10 losses in a row, I tend to be in the top 3 of damage and xp in every one of the matches. Thats sad when the low tier scout gets top 3 over and over, thats how bad the players are.

I am seriously starting to look forward to getting my T10 light so I can park it and start grinding my td or medium line and then be able to at least do some major damage.

Anywho, dont believe the hype, players are just as bad at T8-T10 as any other tier.

I call bs. I am amazing in a tierX.

I hate the internet... can't show/hear my sarcasm. I'm horrible in most of my tier 10s. Better in my tier 9s, why I don't know, just tend to suck more in tXs.

EliteSwatTeam #11 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:27

Captain

• Players
  • 51665 battles
  • [2-TUF] 2-TUF

Truth is some battles seem to be pre determined no matter what skill level...

EliteSwatTeam

ThePigSheFlies #12 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:28

Major

• Players
  • 63101 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 03 2018 - 20:12, said:

Thank you, thank you for giving me the perfect example of what I said in my post. 

So your logic is I suck because of my win rate...... though nobody can carry a team in WOT. I could care less about this stupid type of comment because I am always in the top of damage and xp..... as a light

you have really really really horribly bad luck if 847 dpg is "top of damage" for a team you find yourself in with your ru251 and an average xp of 566 is "always top of the team"

maybe it's because of your very small sample size.  you know, that same sample size with which you are using to make your generalizations about the distribution of where good players tend to concentrate?

NeatoMan #13 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 25574 battles

I while back I kept track of overall win rates of all players in my battles.   Here is the average number of players per battle separated by XVM color scale; using the older, more lenient XVM color scale:

Doomslinger__ #14 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

Yet there are players who excel in higher tiers so that blows  your theory out of the water. The game is different at low, mid and high tiers. Mid tiers is more about playing positions and exploiting vision and beating enemy players that are using tanks that have poor view ranges, bad crews, poor equipment, bad gun handling or no equipment, stock tanks etc. Higher tiers and most tanks are fully upgraded due to that being the end of the line and most tanks of higher tiers get very good base view ranges and much better gun handling so that means you can't rely on your camo sniping like you could at mid and lower tiers. Heavy tanks at high tiers actually have some good armor compared to mid tiers where armor is basically almost useless on most tanks. Those heavy tanks at mid tiers with their crappy view ranges may have been easy pickings but in higher tiers, the heavy tanks start to get as good view ranges as the mediums and even the light tanks. Your mid tier "crutches" are taken away in higher tiers. Armor is better in high tiers. Sure you can hit that 2 key in higher tiers but the armor on a lot of tanks is good enough and a skilled player can use it to bounce even gold rounds more effectively compared to mid tiers. Medium tanks can scout like a light, bounce shots like a heavy and snipe like a td so you are at another disadvantage there. Mid tier light tanks are much better than some mediums (T71 DA, Type 64, Type 62, Amx 1357, Wz 131).  In higher tiers this isn't so and the mediums usually out class the lights in most areas. You have several heavy tanks that are basically main battle tanks in that they have mobility, firepower and armor. At mid tiers most of the heavies lack at least one of those attributes, making them much weaker vs other tanks of the tier. There are bad players at every tier but you will be fighting against more skilled players at higher tiers and fewer players with stock tanks, bad crews etc. You really do need to be a lot more skilled to carry a few more wins than an average player can at higher tiers compared to mid tiers.

One thing that is true is that a player that is good in higher tiers can play well at mid tiers but many players that play well at mid tiers don't do well at higher tiers. It is a different game up there. Same goes for low tier players. I have seen players with most battles in tiers 2-5 and they had above average stats there but once they start getting to tier 6 and up, they completely flounder. I have seen players with 60% win rates but they played really bad in their Cromwells or T71 tanks. I check their records and their most played tanks are tier 2 and 3 with good stats but look at their Cromwells and others at mid tiers and they are all below 50%. I can win around 66% in my pz38T but I can't do that in a mid tier tank and not even close in a higher tier. The game gets more difficult to win the higher you go in tiers.

You said you were a EU player and are now playing on NA and there is a difference in that our lower population means you will be fighting against more uniscum platoons in higher tiers compared to on EU. There have been some EU streamers that played on NA in tier 10 and they had the same problem here. They complained about meeting the same unicrumb platoons over and over here. On EU that rarely happened. With the greater player population on EU, it would probably play more consistently from mid to higher tiers but would not here on NA with our small player-base.

Edited by Doomslinger__, Jan 04 2018 - 02:42.

ElPuffMo #15 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32483 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 03 2018 - 19:55, said:

I know i am doing what ever i can to help my team even when I dont get help in return.

While there are bad players at every tier, their ratios in battles tend to differ as you go up. But teamwork itself  --- and the ability to entice 14 strangers to help you with a specific strategy or a battle mini-goal --- are skills unto themselves. Perhaps what you need to do to best help your team also needs to change as the tiers change. 

_AlphaAndOmega_ #16 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14279 battles
Another player that is salty about not being able to do well in higher tiers. How do some people then get over 50% WR in all types of tanks? Maybe your playstyle needs to change.

BaconMeLoveIt #17 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13656 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

Even a pure Tier-X battle is just a casual mode. 

The only competitive mode that I have experienced are clan related battles and ranked battles. Everything else is casual.

Arturo_Steel #18 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10727 battles

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 04 2018 - 01:55, said:

None of the crap that these wankers say will bother me because I know i am doing what ever i can to help my teame.

You're winrate reflects how much you help your team win. If you were doing as much as you say you are, you wouldn't be losing over half of your games.

Arturo_Steel #19 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10727 battles
simple as that

dpmgumby #20 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostDoomslinger__, on Jan 04 2018 - 02:32, said:

Yet there are players who excel in higher tiers so that blows  your theory out of the water. The game is different at low, mid and high tiers. Mid tiers is more about playing positions and exploiting vision and beating enemy players that are using tanks that have poor view ranges, bad crews, poor equipment, bad gun handling or no equipment, stock tanks etc. Higher tiers and most tanks are fully upgraded due to that being the end of the line and most tanks of higher tiers get very good base view ranges and much better gun handling so that means you can't rely on your camo sniping like you could at mid and lower tiers. Heavy tanks at high tiers actually have some good armor compared to mid tiers where armor is basically almost useless on most tanks. Those heavy tanks at mid tiers with their crappy view ranges may have been easy pickings but in higher tiers, the heavy tanks start to get as good view ranges as the mediums and even the light tanks. Your mid tier "crutches" are taken away in higher tiers. Armor is better in high tiers. Sure you can hit that 2 key in higher tiers but the armor on a lot of tanks is good enough and a skilled player can use it to bounce even gold rounds more effectively compared to mid tiers. Medium tanks can scout like a light, bounce shots like a heavy and snipe like a td so you are at another disadvantage there. Mid tier light tanks are much better than some mediums (T71 DA, Type 64, Type 62, Amx 1357, Wz 131).  In higher tiers this isn't so and the mediums usually out class the lights in most areas. You have several heavy tanks that are basically main battle tanks in that they have mobility, firepower and armor. At mid tiers most of the heavies lack at least one of those attributes, making them much weaker vs other tanks of the tier. There are bad players at every tier but you will be fighting against more skilled players at higher tiers and fewer players with stock tanks, bad crews etc. You really do need to be a lot more skilled to carry a few more wins than an average player can at higher tiers compared to mid tiers.

One thing that is true is that a player that is good in higher tiers can play well at mid tiers but many players that play well at mid tiers don't do well at higher tiers. It is a different game up there. Same goes for low tier players. I have seen players with most battles in tiers 2-5 and they had above average stats there but once they start getting to tier 6 and up, they completely flounder. I have seen players with 60% win rates but they played really bad in their Cromwells or T71 tanks. I check their records and their most played tanks are tier 2 and 3 with good stats but look at their Cromwells and others at mid tiers and they are all below 50%. I can win around 66% in my pz38T but I can't do that in a mid tier tank and not even close in a higher tier. The game gets more difficult to win the higher you go in tiers.

You said you were a EU player and are now playing on NA and there is a difference in that our lower population means you will be fighting against more uniscum platoons in higher tiers compared to on EU. There have been some EU streamers that played on NA in tier 10 and they had the same problem here. They complained about meeting the same unicrumb platoons over and over here. On EU that rarely happened. With the greater player population on EU, it would probably play more consistently from mid to higher tiers but would not here on NA with our small player-base.

blah blah blah blah..... yes more unicums in middle tier here, more unicums in high tier on EU, here crap support, EU players understand how awesome it is to have a good scout.

fullstop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users