Dont believe most of what forum posters tell ya

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Doomslinger__ #21 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 03 2018 - 21:51, said:

blah blah blah blah..... yes more unicums in middle tier here, more unicums in high tier on EU, here crap support, EU players understand how awesome it is to have a good scout.

fullstop

I only tell the truth, son...if the truth makes you angry, you should look in the mirror for the source of the problem.

dpmgumby #22 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostArturo_Steel, on Jan 04 2018 - 02:49, said:

You're winrate reflects how much you help your team win. If you were doing as much as you say you are, you wouldn't be losing over half of your games.

winrate says nothing about what you do for your team, holy frick try thinking first mate.

win rate is simply the percentage of games you win compared to how many you lose. 

In other games sure, games where 1 or even 2 players could carry a game due to armor or training etc..... not here in WOT. Even a unicum platoon will have a hard time carrying a team when 11 of the 15 players have no clue what to do and spend most the time hiding or shooting walls.

No sir, what you should be looking at is wn7 wn8  even hit percentage.

But heres the best part, as with all postings that say anything negative about the game.... is it becomes a posting where everyone just attacks the OP rather than try to communicate any points. A few here have tried and few here have even admitted that my point is valid. The dumb ***** just sit back and type **** about how bad the poster is and ignore the subject matter. 

So thank you for representing the Dumb***** of the world of wot, now move along.

dpmgumby #23 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 02:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostDoomslinger__, on Jan 04 2018 - 02:55, said:

I only tell the truth, son...if the truth makes you angry, you should look in the mirror for the source of the problem.

blah blah blah blah meant that the first 3/4 of your post was just stuff we all already know, I didnt mean that your an idiot or anything, just the same as typing yada yada yada, you got to a point at the last paragraph.

I do like the son part tho, do you have a great grandson/daughter?

Edited by dpmgumby, Jan 04 2018 - 03:00.

Hurk #24 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 03:01

Major

• Players
  • 50220 battles
  • [KGR] KGR
if you are going to dismiss what everyone says, then by all means, leave the forums. 

_Tsavo_ #25 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 03:04

Major

• Players
  • 40615 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View PostHurk, on Jan 03 2018 - 21:01, said:

if you are going to dismiss what everyone says, then by all means, leave the forums. 

dpmgumby #26 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 03:08

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostHurk, on Jan 04 2018 - 03:01, said:

its called conversation, one person says their opinion and then others give counter points...... tho here most just try to put down the op

when someone does give a point, I then give a counter point

if you want to take that as dismissing everyone, well duh, you leave the conversation.

I have no problem admitting I am wrong and I have done it plenty times in these forums

nobody has brought a good NEW point top the topic yet.

jamboree1 #27 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 03:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39416 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

View PostDoomslinger__, on Jan 03 2018 - 17:32, said:

Yet there are players who excel in higher tiers so that blows  your theory out of the water. The game is different at low, mid and high tiers. Mid tiers is more about playing positions and exploiting vision and beating enemy players that are using tanks that have poor view ranges, bad crews, poor equipment, bad gun handling or no equipment, stock tanks etc. Higher tiers and most tanks are fully upgraded due to that being the end of the line and most tanks of higher tiers get very good base view ranges and much better gun handling so that means you can't rely on your camo sniping like you could at mid and lower tiers. Heavy tanks at high tiers actually have some good armor compared to mid tiers where armor is basically almost useless on most tanks. Those heavy tanks at mid tiers with their crappy view ranges may have been easy pickings but in higher tiers, the heavy tanks start to get as good view ranges as the mediums and even the light tanks. Your mid tier "crutches" are taken away in higher tiers. Armor is better in high tiers. Sure you can hit that 2 key in higher tiers but the armor on a lot of tanks is good enough and a skilled player can use it to bounce even gold rounds more effectively compared to mid tiers. Medium tanks can scout like a light, bounce shots like a heavy and snipe like a td so you are at another disadvantage there. Mid tier light tanks are much better than some mediums (T71 DA, Type 64, Type 62, Amx 1357, Wz 131).  In higher tiers this isn't so and the mediums usually out class the lights in most areas. You have several heavy tanks that are basically main battle tanks in that they have mobility, firepower and armor. At mid tiers most of the heavies lack at least one of those attributes, making them much weaker vs other tanks of the tier. There are bad players at every tier but you will be fighting against more skilled players at higher tiers and fewer players with stock tanks, bad crews etc. You really do need to be a lot more skilled to carry a few more wins than an average player can at higher tiers compared to mid tiers.

One thing that is true is that a player that is good in higher tiers can play well at mid tiers but many players that play well at mid tiers don't do well at higher tiers. It is a different game up there. Same goes for low tier players. I have seen players with most battles in tiers 2-5 and they had above average stats there but once they start getting to tier 6 and up, they completely flounder. I have seen players with 60% win rates but they played really bad in their Cromwells or T71 tanks. I check their records and their most played tanks are tier 2 and 3 with good stats but look at their Cromwells and others at mid tiers and they are all below 50%. I can win around 66% in my pz38T but I can't do that in a mid tier tank and not even close in a higher tier. The game gets more difficult to win the higher you go in tiers.

You said you were a EU player and are now playing on NA and there is a difference in that our lower population means you will be fighting against more uniscum platoons in higher tiers compared to on EU. There have been some EU streamers that played on NA in tier 10 and they had the same problem here. They complained about meeting the same unicrumb platoons over and over here. On EU that rarely happened. With the greater player population on EU, it would probably play more consistently from mid to higher tiers but would not here on NA with our small player-base.

I think you are referring to me  about the mid tier player

Sgt__Guffy #28 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 03:29

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

Well, the OP has made some good points even though he seems to make a concerted effort not to endear himself to the forum.

Okay, whatever.

I have stated in a thread I started before Christmas, there is a lot of BS with higher tier play, partially endorsed by Doomslinger, though I don't think for one minute he was intentionally BS'ing. There are certain players who seem to exploit the fact you can adopt a certain play style, because of the nature of, what is a brawling style of game play. They can learn enough to carry it though in predictable fashion. No one would doubt their ability, these players do very nicely statistically, but it is a comfort zone, in which they place themselves into what amounts to a routine. Personally I find that type of game play boring so the higher tiers never had an attraction for me.

Reading the forums I get curious as to what players are going on about with a particular vehicle, so with the level of vehicles I have on my European account I can usually upgrade to play said vehicles on the test server. I recommend it, by the way, as a very useful "try before you buy." You have to be patient with the MM on the test server, the other players are usually Romanian, so communication is not great. I recently tried out the Tiger II and yes, the games can be short if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, particularly with higher tier artillery! I gave the Bat-chats a run out too. Not bad, I enjoyed playing them.

The OP is right, the standard of gameplay is not as impressive as I expected in the higher tiers. Considering the great expense involved in playing high tier and seeing a standard of game play better at tier IV, lead me to the conclusion it is more profitable and more enjoyable playing mid tier. So that is what I do now. As I had to start from scratch again, much like the OP, I took the opportunity of playing the Czech  and Swedish lines. The jury is out on the Czech, but the Swedish is a big Hmmm!

The other thing I've noticed with having to start again is the Crew skills. Oh my, what a difference it makes when you don't have them. A lot of my crews are also below 100% training. Unthinkable playing in the higher tiers where good crews are essential. Anyone who had a below par crew at tier VII and above are wasting their time in my opinion. I suppose that is where Premium vehicles come in.

You are all welcome to the higher tiers and good luck with your endeavours, but it has never been for me.

Have fun, playing at a level you are comfortable at.

Guffy.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Jan 04 2018 - 03:32.

dpmgumby #29 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:10

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostSgt__Guffy, on Jan 04 2018 - 03:29, said:

Well, the OP has made some good points even though he seems to make a concerted effort not to endear himself to the forum.

Yes, I could care less what people in a forum think about me, when i am on your team im the guy helping you out and coming to your aide, in forums theres no reason to be nice when I believe the large bulk of people that post are nothing more than wankers. Thank god for the few with common sense tho  

;)

Striker_70 #30 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:19

Major

• Players
  • 19469 battles

I think you're one of those players on the forums OP.

There is definitely better play and better players at higher tiers.  I also find the players on NA to be better in general than EU players.  A higher percentage of EU games are complete campfests with nobody taking chances, even to scout.

Albinosmurfs #31 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12642 battles
  • [HARM] HARM

View PostDoomslinger__, on Jan 04 2018 - 02:32, said:

Yet there are players who excel in higher tiers so that blows  your theory out of the water. The game is different at low, mid and high tiers. Mid tiers is more about playing positions and exploiting vision and beating enemy players that are using tanks that have poor view ranges, bad crews, poor equipment, bad gun handling or no equipment, stock tanks etc. Higher tiers and most tanks are fully upgraded due to that being the end of the line and most tanks of higher tiers get very good base view ranges and much better gun handling so that means you can't rely on your camo sniping like you could at mid and lower tiers. Heavy tanks at high tiers actually have some good armor compared to mid tiers where armor is basically almost useless on most tanks. Those heavy tanks at mid tiers with their crappy view ranges may have been easy pickings but in higher tiers, the heavy tanks start to get as good view ranges as the mediums and even the light tanks. Your mid tier "crutches" are taken away in higher tiers. Armor is better in high tiers. Sure you can hit that 2 key in higher tiers but the armor on a lot of tanks is good enough and a skilled player can use it to bounce even gold rounds more effectively compared to mid tiers. Medium tanks can scout like a light, bounce shots like a heavy and snipe like a td so you are at another disadvantage there. Mid tier light tanks are much better than some mediums (T71 DA, Type 64, Type 62, Amx 1357, Wz 131).  In higher tiers this isn't so and the mediums usually out class the lights in most areas. You have several heavy tanks that are basically main battle tanks in that they have mobility, firepower and armor. At mid tiers most of the heavies lack at least one of those attributes, making them much weaker vs other tanks of the tier. There are bad players at every tier but you will be fighting against more skilled players at higher tiers and fewer players with stock tanks, bad crews etc. You really do need to be a lot more skilled to carry a few more wins than an average player can at higher tiers compared to mid tiers.

One thing that is true is that a player that is good in higher tiers can play well at mid tiers but many players that play well at mid tiers don't do well at higher tiers. It is a different game up there. Same goes for low tier players. I have seen players with most battles in tiers 2-5 and they had above average stats there but once they start getting to tier 6 and up, they completely flounder. I have seen players with 60% win rates but they played really bad in their Cromwells or T71 tanks. I check their records and their most played tanks are tier 2 and 3 with good stats but look at their Cromwells and others at mid tiers and they are all below 50%. I can win around 66% in my pz38T but I can't do that in a mid tier tank and not even close in a higher tier. The game gets more difficult to win the higher you go in tiers.

You said you were a EU player and are now playing on NA and there is a difference in that our lower population means you will be fighting against more uniscum platoons in higher tiers compared to on EU. There have been some EU streamers that played on NA in tier 10 and they had the same problem here. They complained about meeting the same unicrumb platoons over and over here. On EU that rarely happened. With the greater player population on EU, it would probably play more consistently from mid to higher tiers but would not here on NA with our small player-base.

I am a perfect example I'm a barely 1k wn8 player in sub t9 but get me in my top tiers and I'm 1700ish.

dpmgumby #32 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:27

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostStriker_70, on Jan 04 2018 - 04:19, said:

I think you're one of those players on the forums OP.

There is definitely better play and better players at higher tiers.  I also find the players on NA to be better in general than EU players.  A higher percentage of EU games are complete campfests with nobody taking chances, even to scout.

Thanks for your input

here is where people will say i am dismissive.... because that's exactly what I am going to do with this comment...... laugh my [edited]off as I dismiss it

NA players better than EU players, oh wow, that's a good one, you just lost all credibility.

Slatherer #33 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:35

Major

• Players
  • 32661 battles
Only time i see scouts supported are on the few scout friendly maps. I see why players dont support.  Most of the maps dont favor scouts, and that means less experience learning how to support them.

Striker_70 #34 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:36

Major

• Players
  • 19469 battles

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 03 2018 - 21:27, said:

Thanks for your input

here is where people will say i am dismissive.... because that's exactly what I am going to do with this comment...... laugh my [edited]off as I dismiss it

NA players better than EU players, oh wow, that's a good one, you just lost all credibility.

Dismissing reality is what prompted you to post in the first place, so it's not surprising.

Gothraul #35 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 2016 battles
There is a lot of trash no matter the tier but most here will never have much if any respect for low and mid tier padder/clubbers as all they really do in the long run is hurt population growth by relentlessly farming new players. In all honestly the meta at tier 10 is cancerous and I can't stand playing in that while running standard mm 8s and grinding 9s.

dpmgumby #36 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 04:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3357 battles

View PostStriker_70, on Jan 04 2018 - 04:36, said:

Dismissing reality is what prompted you to post in the first place, so it's not surprising.

no you are just full of it, thats all.

theres no debate as to what server has better players and I mean a large, huge, imense larger volume of good players. You are either in your own little world or you are the kind that has to be called the best USA number 1 type thing.

so go on and talk all you like about reality, maybe write a book about yours someday, it will be amusing.

Slatherer #37 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 05:02

Major

• Players
  • 32661 battles
All talk.  Like we have no way of pulling server stats?  Because this is otherwise pointless.

Striker_70 #38 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 05:16

Major

• Players
  • 19469 battles

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 03 2018 - 21:45, said:

no you are just full of it, thats all.

theres no debate as to what server has better players and I mean a large, huge, imense larger volume of good players. You are either in your own little world or you are the kind that has to be called the best USA number 1 type thing.

so go on and talk all you like about reality, maybe write a book about yours someday, it will be amusing.

Amusingly ironic projection.  Not only is the quality of play at higher tiers most definitely better regardless of what server you're on, I find that the EU servers have more worse/new players per game than NA does.  I see it on the EU streamers twitch channels too.  Dumb plays that you almost never see on NA are more frequent occurrences on EU.  In fact, the overall quality of play on EU now reminds me of the quality of play on the NA server 3 years ago. 

EmperorJuliusCaesar #39 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 06:16

Major

• Players
  • 26986 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postdpmgumby, on Jan 03 2018 - 16:55, said:

You will read over and over in the forums that players at high tier are better than players at middle tiers.

This is utter crap.

Outright BS

Game after game after game there is nothing but lemmingtrains, window lickers abound.

Yes higher tier games are harder because tanks have more pen, better damage etc..... so one wrong move and your gone...

But im talking about 2 things, the players stats and the players ability.

Its rare to see a unicum player in higher tier games, I see more purple/blues in middle tier games then in T8-10

Players abilities are just as crappy as what you find in middle tier games too. You see no map strategies. Heavies going where tds should be, tds going to the front line and of course lights totally ignored if scouting.

This has been a pain for me since I came here on the NA server. Scouts are supported to the point of almost protected in the EU. players understand if you support a scout you will get to kill tanks that they light up. Here I get support about 1% of games and thats not a joke, that very realistic. When I say support I do not mean SPG's I mean TD's and others. 

My stats have gone to [edited]e since T6 up and Im ready for all the forum fan bois to go on and on about how "you have no skill" "if you were good you could do better". None of the crap that these wankers say will bother me because I know i am doing what ever i can to help my team even when I dont get help in return. I also know that even when I go through 10 losses in a row, I tend to be in the top 3 of damage and xp in every one of the matches. Thats sad when the low tier scout gets top 3 over and over, thats how bad the players are.

I am seriously starting to look forward to getting my T10 light so I can park it and start grinding my td or medium line and then be able to at least do some major damage.

Anywho, dont believe the hype, players are just as bad at T8-T10 as any other tier.

So so so WRONG.  I don't usually even start to play a line until I can free xp to tier 7 or 8.  Out of my 16 tier 10 grinds I've not done this about 3 times, the most recent just started at tier 6.  It is VERY out of the ordinary to have 6 or more reds at top tier bc they will not be able to afford to play that tier with constantly being red.  However, at tier 6, it is VERY common to have 6 or even more reds per team.  So sorry, stats don't back up your assertion.  The lower tier players are far worse.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #40 Posted Jan 04 2018 - 06:20

Major

• Players
  • 26986 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Jan 03 2018 - 17:27, said:

Truth is some battles seem to be pre determined no matter what skill level...

EliteSwatTeam

Ain't that the truth, one team gets 6 reds, the other 6 greens.  70% minimum you know who's going to win from the start, and that's why my RL buddy quit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users