Why does this game have soooo many unbalanced battles?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

dunniteowl #41 Posted Oct 29 2018 - 15:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 22618 battles

View PostDa_Craw, on Jan 04 2018 - 19:36, said:

Maybe it is what keeps people coming back.  It kept me coming back over 20,000 times.  It kept YOU coming back over 30,000 times.  The matches ARE balanced, just not in the way YOU want.  A lot of people DON'T want the matches skewed in favor of poor players.  Why shouldn't the better players get the benefit of being better?  I'm barely over the Mason-Dixon line myself, I don't want to have to carry the OP every battle. 

View PostTahllol, on Jan 05 2018 - 06:50, said:

So you are saying you only play one battle and log out. Besides I would have to doubt that there actually has been 20000+ logins by anyone but the botting fools. 

Could you please explain to me HOW the HECK you got that from Da_Craw's post?  I'm not seeing ANY indication that he logs out after one game.

And if you cannot explain that, please send me whatever it is you are having, because I'm willing to engage in a Reality Altering Substance for the sake of research into the folds of your mind.

OvO

ephBomb #42 Posted Nov 02 2018 - 22:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30663 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB
It's not as fun anymore, period. Come up with a pve mode. I would rather play bot's then then most of these people. You obviously aren't listening to those of us who want skill put into the mix!!! Because that's all I here is how skilled one is, or isn't. And  how your Win rate suck's because of the BS, MM. That is doing its job. You just suck at the game. I would like to play against my skill level sometimes so I can win more.

burtbuddy2002 #43 Posted Nov 03 2018 - 02:16

Private

• Players
  • 68821 battles
  • [U_F_O] U_F_O
I hope wot reads these , they need to know how many ppl are complaining in games and how bad mm is . I myself have paid money , but no more for a long time now , always getting unbalanced matches where i lose 80 % of the time . This game is dieing and i myself and others will not buy any gold , premium time or tanks until its fixed . Winning 13 out of 33 is not fair or fun to play . 

Dogg_zilla #44 Posted Nov 03 2018 - 02:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

Ya, Im also refusing to spend money anymore. 

I used to spend THOUSANDS and its been 8 months since I made my last purchase. 

The game is so infuriating and unbalanced that I absolutely refuse to make any more purchases, especially since I just purchased a 252U and it was unplayable and I died simply driving out of spawn. 

There is no way in hell Im going to be spending any more money on this game. 

leeuniverse #45 Posted Nov 03 2018 - 02:51

Major

• Players
  • 35035 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Block Quote

Why does this game have soooo many unbalanced battles?

1. Power Spread between Tiers is too high...  Should be max 5-7%.

2. HP Levels are FAR too low...  tanks should have around TRIPLE the HP (Proof of my concept is Frontlines and AW's GLOP's, both well-liked modes for various reasons I've addressed before which achieve a similar effect but with Respawning instead (though not the preferred solution, HP increase is a better solution for gameplay).

3. Too many Arty...  Should only be 1 per side (also demonstrated by Frontline).

4. Too high damage shots by both Arty and other tanks....  No tank of the game should do over 700 damage, and it should be TD's.  Arty should do no more than 300 to any tank, but be more accurate, and have HE normalized a lot more, no more 15 damage shots.

5. Tank Speeds not good enough should be increased considerably depending on the tank...  This allows people to avoid shots and take shots more without risking damage.

6. Accuracy should be improved.  (while this, #5, and some of #4 will also increase the chance of being killed, the other solutions more greatly eliminate it, I'm also about improving game enjoyment in my solutions)

7. Gold Rounds....  Have designated weak spots instead and people have to play accordingly to kill a tank.

8. Stun... (need I say anything about this holy **** get you killed quick "improvement"?)

9. No SBMM...  (to be clear it simply balances each side with the same # of similar level skilled players, the MM wouldn't be able to handle anything more than this on the subject, such as doing it by skill and the same tank, etc.).

10. Too much RNG... should be reduced by at least 50%.

11. Modules/Crew damaged far too easy and too much.

12. Too long of a wait to Repair/Heal... 60 sec's was actually the better time.

Each of the above (and maybe a couple of things I'm forgetting atm) as designated CAUSE "unbalanced battles", due to greatly increasing the likelihood of DEATH.

It is specifically the "quick death" that is the bain of this game!

Let's say the "average" of them all is 3-5% in contributing to "steamrolls"?

Then fixing them all would reduce steamrolls anywhere between 36%-60%.

That is something of value...!

But most don't have my vision sadly, and Wargaming doesn't give a chit about making the game enjoyable for the most amount of people.

(As proven with the addition of the Physics Nerf, Stun, gun, and speed nerfs, etc. which we've in turn lost HALF of our player base since these things were done.)

Dogg_zilla #46 Posted Nov 03 2018 - 02:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

The game is absolutely unplayable right now. Point blank fully aimed rounds just flying off and doing nothing. 

Its like RNG goes out of its mind on one team. The game just becomes completely and totally dysfunctional. 

THIS IS HOW YOU DRIVE AWAY PAYING PLAYERS. 

Edited by Dogg_zilla, Nov 03 2018 - 02:54.

Dogg_zilla #47 Posted Nov 03 2018 - 02:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

Seriously, Ive never been this angry at a company in my life. 

All the money Ive put into this game and its unplayable. 

Completely unacceptable. 

Dogg_zilla #48 Posted Nov 03 2018 - 02:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

Seriously, just played a tier X game and 50% of the team couldnt even do 1000 damage, and 25% couldnt even do 500 damage. 

The game is absolutely broken. 

leeuniverse #49 Posted Nov 03 2018 - 03:01

Major

• Players
  • 35035 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostDogg_zilla, on Nov 02 2018 - 18:56, said:

Seriously, Ive never been this angry at a company in my life. 

All the money Ive put into this game and its unplayable. 

Completely unacceptable. 

Totally agree with you...

Since the Great Physics Nerf and other little nerfs since to tank performance, this game went from 93% of tanks being donkey crap to 98% of tanks in the game being donkey crap.

That leaves almost NOTHING to play, other than essentially Lights.

johnfoat77 #50 Posted Nov 04 2018 - 21:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 24 battles

this is a bad Idea,,,, matches where a-team has 3 heavy tanks and b team has 8 heavy tanks... consistantly

is a waste of my time and money, constant losing is for the birds.... if this keeps up I will be gone....

dunniteowl #51 Posted Nov 04 2018 - 23:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 22618 battles

View PostDogg_zilla, on Nov 02 2018 - 19:58, said:

Seriously, just played a tier X game and 50% of the team couldnt even do 1000 damage, and 25% couldnt even do 500 damage. 

The game is absolutely broken. 

Yes, blame the game for 4 players being unable to pen.  You know, because they are all GREAT players and all know the game mechanics, or play well, or aren't there just to blow stuff up or [insert something else here] because the game is so obviously broken, that's why?

Being Triggered is the best moment to go take a break.   And just to be clear, I am having a fairly tough time of it currently.  MM has not be berry good to me, lately.  Even so, I am not suddenly going to blame the game for folks that are obviously, for whatever reason, playing as if there weren't any problem to beating the opposing team -- until they run right into them, leave themselves out in the open while being pummeled by a superior force, etc.

That's what I'm seeing lately.  Just incredibly awful game play.  Teams folding in less than four minutes, etc.  This is not necessarily a sign the game is unplayable.  It COULD be, though I won't jump to conclusions when the latest series of updates have done little to anything that actually affects game play, mechanics-wise.

Now all these Selfish Missions (get X Ram Damage, Kill a Tank in under 2m, whatever else) can certainly be part of the issue.  Mostly, though, I think a lot of people are truly distracted by Real World Events going on and it's affecting their game play.  That's what I think is going on.

For some reason, additionally, a LOT of folks seem sort of stubbornly going out of their way to just YOLO out and then complain that nobody else was willing to do the same.

I just had a game where I had 2nd highest damage on my team in my M7 (US T5 LT) in a 4/5 tier match -- and I'm running at 9 frames per second!!  This was a Defend match (I guess it was an Assault match, I just happened to be defending) where my team literally spent 9 units into the city, pushing as hard as they could down the rows while the Red Team came around on both sides, squeezed them into mush and then got the rest of us.

I can't blame the game for that.  My team did exactly the wrong thing when it comes to defending -- they went and met the enemy head on in the center with no thought of defense.

Your experiences may be different, though I am going to attribute most of this stuff above (like losing 80% of one's games with a 55+% WR, yeah, that's not an exaggeration is it) to a LOT of folks are just Triggered to the point where they should step away and take a breather.

Good Luck, Hang in there and maybe Take a Break.

OvO

Dogg_zilla #52 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 02:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Nov 04 2018 - 23:39, said:

Yes, blame the game for 4 players being unable to pen.  You know, because they are all GREAT players and all know the game mechanics, or play well, or aren't there just to blow stuff up or [insert something else here] because the game is so obviously broken, that's why?

Being Triggered is the best moment to go take a break.   And just to be clear, I am having a fairly tough time of it currently.  MM has not be berry good to me, lately.  Even so, I am not suddenly going to blame the game for folks that are obviously, for whatever reason, playing as if there weren't any problem to beating the opposing team -- until they run right into them, leave themselves out in the open while being pummeled by a superior force, etc.

That's what I'm seeing lately.  Just incredibly awful game play.  Teams folding in less than four minutes, etc.  This is not necessarily a sign the game is unplayable.  It COULD be, though I won't jump to conclusions when the latest series of updates have done little to anything that actually affects game play, mechanics-wise.

Now all these Selfish Missions (get X Ram Damage, Kill a Tank in under 2m, whatever else) can certainly be part of the issue.  Mostly, though, I think a lot of people are truly distracted by Real World Events going on and it's affecting their game play.  That's what I think is going on.

For some reason, additionally, a LOT of folks seem sort of stubbornly going out of their way to just YOLO out and then complain that nobody else was willing to do the same.

I just had a game where I had 2nd highest damage on my team in my M7 (US T5 LT) in a 4/5 tier match -- and I'm running at 9 frames per second!!  This was a Defend match (I guess it was an Assault match, I just happened to be defending) where my team literally spent 9 units into the city, pushing as hard as they could down the rows while the Red Team came around on both sides, squeezed them into mush and then got the rest of us.

I can't blame the game for that.  My team did exactly the wrong thing when it comes to defending -- they went and met the enemy head on in the center with no thought of defense.

Your experiences may be different, though I am going to attribute most of this stuff above (like losing 80% of one's games with a 55+% WR, yeah, that's not an exaggeration is it) to a LOT of folks are just Triggered to the point where they should step away and take a breather.

Good Luck, Hang in there and maybe Take a Break.

OvO

Ive been having games where only 2-3 players have gotten over TWO hits. It happens routinely since the new update. 

If youve been missing these games you are either blind or a liar. 

Almost certainly the second. 

Edited by Dogg_zilla, Nov 05 2018 - 02:03.

Dogg_zilla #53 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 02:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

Seriously, the game has become absolutely garbage lately. 

Ill be facing an identical tank firing identical armor and have bounced off the weak spots while they will penetrate me on spots I KNOW they cant penetrate me on. 

Or like Ill be in my 4005 and I hit another 4005 and it did like 500 damage, and he hits me once and removed 98% of my HP firing the same exact ammo. 

And this craphappens like every other game. 

Its unplayable, and the stats show Im not the only person having this issue. There are games where 85% of players cant make more than 2-3 hits! 

Dogg_zilla #54 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 02:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

The last game I got 2 shots, one which bounced off the belly of the same tank I was driving, yet he was able to pen my weak spot WHILE MOVING. 

The game is absolute garbage for many players right now. 

Dogg_zilla #55 Posted Nov 05 2018 - 02:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

Last round I was spotted and tracked by an M40/43 then tracked, then immediately tracked again by him without being able to spot him despite that both of us were in a corner and he was clearly at very close range if he was spotting me. 

After over a minute of being unable to see him at close range another tank showed up and killed me from behind with an autoloader. 

The game is seriously unplayable. 

I mean this completely honestly. Ive never had so many insane bugs in a game in my life. 

This makes me want to go back to War Thunder. Seriously. 

leeuniverse #56 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 35035 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Eeee...u

Haven't played WT in a long while, but I don't think they've removed the "quick death" (i.e. not even enough HP so you can play worth a crap) as well their tank speeds are crap.

Oh, and that UI.... holy SHIP....  If Warthunder fixed those 3 things I would likely play that game instead.

Dogg_zilla #57 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 03:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9441 battles

Okay, so today my first round I got zero damage because the entire enemy team was vaporized before I could even get a shot in. Litterally only got one of our light tanks. 

Their entire team was unable to fight back and was finished off in minutes and I was not fast enough to get in on the damage. 

The next round I was killed without doing and damage because a JPZ100 disappeared sitting in the open in front of me at about 50m and remained unspotted when he killed me at near point blank range. 

The game is unbalanced because they reverted code to the same screwed up code that we had been reporting for years and which has to be patched over and over and over after it gets wrongly restored.  

The very same bugs have been reported and patched no less than half a dozen times since Ive been in the game. 

Who the hell keeps using the old code as a template, and why have they not been fired yet? 

FunkyMonkey911 #58 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 07:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34851 battles

View PostDogg_zilla, on Nov 04 2018 - 17:19, said:

Last round I was spotted and tracked by an M40/43 then tracked, then immediately tracked again by him without being able to spot him despite that both of us were in a corner and he was clearly at very close range if he was spotting me. 

After over a minute of being unable to see him at close range another tank showed up and killed me from behind with an autoloader. 

The game is seriously unplayable. 

I mean this completely honestly. Ive never had so many insane bugs in a game in my life. 

This makes me want to go back to War Thunder. Seriously. 

Dude seriously the stuff you are saying is so....unbelievable.  Understanding how the spotting mechanics works and really getting only a few shots off with no damage is really just up to your play style.  Have you watched any videos on youtube that explain how this game really works?  Just like anything in life the good players study and practice.  The plebs just complain it is not fair and quit.  But hey that is just me.  In like a challenge, I like being bottom tier, I like it when the odds are against me and I can over come.  Why not post a few replays of these said game fails and we, the community, can show you how you made a mistake and the game is working as intended.

FunkyMonkey911 #59 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 07:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34851 battles

View PostDogg_zilla, on Nov 05 2018 - 18:12, said:

Okay, so today my first round I got zero damage because the entire enemy team was vaporized before I could even get a shot in. Litterally only got one of our light tanks. 

i would really like to see this replay!  You did not get one shot off before you died? And this is the teams fault?  

Steveooo #60 Posted Nov 06 2018 - 14:56

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 35991 battles
  • [T-D-D] T-D-D

View Postdunahee2, on Jan 05 2018 - 01:13, said:

I've been playing my Rheinmetall Skorpin G today - 10 battles 

1 battle at tier 8 - 0 wins - 1 lost

3 battles at tier 9  - 1 win - 2 lost

6 battles at tier 10 - 2 wins - 4 lost

Granted I'm not the best player but seriously?  3 wins out of 10 and most were so one sided. This game is getting so frustrating to play!  Bottom line I guess I pay good money to lose at WOT! 

They have no idea how to match up teams, worst mm in any game I have ever played. they got my money and they screw me to death. 5-15 games is normal to these these stupid people.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users