I find this funny - WG Warning

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Gargoyle_UR #1 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 19:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18752 battles
  • [-UR] -UR

I know this is just a friendly reminder and just a warning. But I find this funny that WG has this as a rule and issues warnings, but doesn't just take the color out of the pallet. 

Greetings!

This is just a note to let you know that this post isn't in line with our forum policies. You can read those here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-0/announcement-113-forum-rules/

Specifically, your post:

Block Quote

Got a question about the Rewards we get for the Atmosphere. It says this on the Holiday Ops page:

Important Note: Discounts can be used for absolutely any researchable vehicle of the specified tier (crates provide discounts for a specific tier each) and aren’t limited in time. Once you pick a tank you’ll be buying with it, it’s valid until you purchase it. Grab it right away or in a year—you’re still getting that sweet amount off the price. The time for picking a tank expires mid-March, though. So don’t put it off for too long! The same applies to your new Crew members: make sure to recruit them before mid-March 2018. We’ll share the exact date later, so stay tuned.

I get that we have until mid-March to pick which tanks we want to apply the discounts to. My question is how will we access the List of Rewards after January 15th when the event is over?

- Using Red Color within the post (reserved for Wargaming Staff only)

Please use the dark red font color instead. This is simply a friendly reminder and does not count as a warning or strike on your forum record.

Please remember to treat others as you wish to be treated, be polite, and keep it classy! Help us make the forums a good experience for everyone!

~Wargaming Administration

Just an IDEA......take the damn color out of the pallet if you don't want users to use it. Just sayn'  (I changed the color so I don't get a warning on this post too)

thatonetroll1 #2 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 19:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4934 battles
  • [CRZYT] CRZYT
omg lol

Kamahl1234 #3 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 18316 battles

AFAIK it's a limitation of the forum software that prevents this. 

A lot of forums have this issue, some get around it by not banning colours, others do ban the colours. 

IP Board makes many many forum's software. 

Gargoyle_UR #4 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 19:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18752 battles
  • [-UR] -UR
Ohhhhhh, so they can't remove it.

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #5 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 71373 battles
HAHAHAHA, great suggestion!!!

PsiGun #6 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 21:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 23497 battles
Tempting to make alt accounts and paint the board red now.....

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 03:09

Major

• Players
  • 62533 battles

I've seen folks get the same before that's why I don't use any red (didn't know you could use the "safe" red lol) even when quoting WoT staff or articles that have red text.

OP the more important question is did they answer your question?  I think I may have followed that thread just to check on it. 

Multi-tabbing is nice.  Just checked and I am following it and noticed while they changed your text to forum friendly red they didn't answer your question at least in the thread.

Here's the thread for anyone interesed, note the difference in the red hues.  :P

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/566941-list-of-rewards-availability/page__fromsearch__1

OP I'm guessing you didn't get an answer via ticket if you filed one or your warning notification?  But just checking to see if you did or didn't.

I'm holding off on picking my crew and remaining discounts till closer to the 15th in the hopes that they answer it.  Because if not I'm probably gonna choose mine because of the reasons many posted in the thread aka WG's track record of late.

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 03:39

Major

• Players
  • 62533 battles

Oh hell where's my manners.  This one goes out to the staff.  Relax they're forum friendly varieties.

Oh what the heck, let's make it more than one.

Spoiler

Klaatu_Nicto #9 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 05:26

Major

• Players
  • 43999 battles

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 05 2018 - 10:45, said:

I know this is just a friendly reminder and just a warning. But I find this funny that WG has this as a rule and issues warnings, but doesn't just take the color out of the pallet. 

Greetings!

This is just a note to let you know that this post isn't in line with our forum policies. You can read those here:

Specifically, your post:

Please use the dark red font color instead. This is simply a friendly reminder and does not count as a warning or strike on your forum record.

Please remember to treat others as you wish to be treated, be polite, and keep it classy! Help us make the forums a good experience for everyone!

Just an IDEA......take the damn color out of the pallet if you don't want users to use it. Just sayn'  (I changed the color so I don't get a warning on this post too)

That's what I said a few years ago when I got a one day ban for using red in a few lines of a long note. This was one of the reason why I permabannned WOT from wallet a few years ago. A couple of recent mod events on this forum have caused me to greatly restrict the amount of money I spend at WOWS. They can get my money back if they do the right thing for me.

tod914 #10 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 05:29

Major

• Players
  • 54538 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jan 05 2018 - 21:39, said:

Oh hell where's my manners.  This one goes out to the staff.  Relax they're forum friendly varieties.

Spoiler

Digging that Blue Grass $hit kicker tune :)

Spoiler

Edited by tod914, Jan 06 2018 - 05:39.

rokinamerica #11 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 05:05

Major

• Players
  • 4890 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jan 05 2018 - 18:39, said:

Spoiler

Thats a whole lot of Rosie:

Spoiler

the_Deadly_Bulb #12 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 20773 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGargoyle_UR, on Jan 05 2018 - 10:45, said:

Greetings!

Specifically, your post:

Prepare for the second warning.

The one regarding discussing warnings on the forum.

Take your friendly warning and deal with it. It wasn't a strike. You may get one now.

Honestly you think anyone cares about this or should.

Red text has always been reserved for the mods. Play with the colours at your own risk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users