Jump to content


- - - - -

[Supertest] MTLS-1G14 - The Redux


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:12

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 7440 battles
  • 282
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010

Hey Tankers,

 

Ever heard of the MTLS-1G14—the double-barreled legend from World of Tanks? For quite a while, this American Tier III light tank was stuck in the shadows of more popular vehicles, a rare guest on servers. However, many players had fond memories of this peculiar machine capable of firing two shots in one click.  So, we decided to give the MTLS-1G14 a second chance and the supertest revision treatment. Our goal is to make it an agile and dynamic tank slightly resembling the Tetrarch, by modifying its features in light of the up-to-date specs of random battles.  The tank can’t boast good armor—and it doesn’t need it. Its purpose is to spin around the battlefield, taking out enemies with its double shots. The supertest will reveal whether the MTLS-1G14 is up to the challenge:




And remember: one click—two shots!

Let us know what you think!



DoctorThe19th #2 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 13976 battles
  • 2,874
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

what is the plan for this tank if you're allowed to say?

selling it for $100? giving it out for free as the "first actual tank to have dual guns" not including the Halloween event tanks?


Edited by DoctorThe19th, Jan 05 2018 - 22:14.


Tuwtles_PermaChatBanned #3 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:16

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17705 battles
  • 939
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    01-19-2015
We were supposed to get it on our Sheriffs...

ShookYang #4 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9305 battles
  • 1,272
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostDoctorThe19th, on Jan 05 2018 - 13:13, said:

what is the plan for this tank if you're allowed to say?

selling it for $100? giving it out for free as the "first actual tank to have dual guns" not including the Halloween event tanks?

Halloween tanks two guns is different than this.  Those you had to aim with both guns and use separate keys.

 

Sounds like this only has one reticle and fires at the same time with one click.



DoctorThe19th #5 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 13976 battles
  • 2,874
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostShookYang, on Jan 05 2018 - 13:30, said:

Halloween tanks two guns is different than this.  Those you had to aim with both guns and use separate keys.

 

Sounds like this only has one reticle and fires at the same time with one click.

 

sounds pretty cool if it's not in some crazy bundle like the Pz II j.

RickPatton #6 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:35

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 29500 battles
  • 957
  • [ANV] ANV
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014
It should be up for the challenge.  Would be a nice addition to that line. 

tod914 #7 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 52871 battles
  • 2,726
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Looks fun.  Any videos to share with us Cabbage?

__WarChild__ #8 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:51

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 11211 battles
  • 1,311
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017
That looks like a fun tank!

CabbageMechanic #9 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 22:55

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 7440 battles
  • 282
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010
No details on how the tank will be made available or video available at this time - more details to come after initial round of testing

Baron_Von_Krieg #10 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 23:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22593 battles
  • 746
  • [ARIET] ARIET
  • Member since:
    11-04-2013

View PostDoctorThe19th, on Jan 05 2018 - 16:31, said:

 

sounds pretty cool if it's not in some crazy bundle like the Pz II j.

 

To be honest , I wouldn't care if it was in a bundle like the PzIIJ . I've been looking to get this tank since I first heard about it some years ago . It's my Great White Whale . ;) If they release the MTLS-1G14 to the public , it will be mine . 

IndygoEEI #11 Posted Jan 05 2018 - 23:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 50557 battles
  • 5,149
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL
  • Member since:
    01-06-2012

View PostBaron_Von_Krieg, on Jan 05 2018 - 17:39, said:

 

To be honest , I wouldn't care if it was in a bundle like the PzIIJ . I've been looking to get this tank since I first heard about it some years ago . It's my Great White Whale . ;) If they release the MTLS-1G14 to the public , it will be mine . 

 

Don't give them ideas...

BaerenGott #12 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 00:59

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23089 battles
  • 3,181
  • [7CR] 7CR
  • Member since:
    07-28-2011

I've been asking for one since 2011.  I bought a boxed CD overseas that had a code for one, but could never get it to apply.  Contrary to published history, my great-uncle swore that he had some of them in his tank platoon in the Aleutian Islands along with the CTLS that are documented being there.  Who knows though, those great-uncles' memories can go wonky after 90!!

 

Regardless, thanks for the revisit, and I truly hope you make them available someday for play.  I will ask again, but I've grown accustomed to the "Serb says NO, and get back to the gulag!!" answer!



FCM_2C_Jesus #13 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 01:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 24918 battles
  • 4,556
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011
should've given it away with the 400 damage clip on April first

Silver_ReBangBang_Wow #14 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 01:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32403 battles
  • 1,041
  • [NICO] NICO
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
I saw one 3 years ago. Enemy team got stomped.

Mikosah #15 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 02:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 17533 battles
  • 3,427
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

An interesting development. The million-dollar question is why a premium tank (and the twin-gun game mechanic) that have been around for many years are only now suddenly being revisited. Clearly, WG had already implemented twin-guns more or less as needed, but something kept them from making it a typical feature. Could this be the 'new mechanic' that was alluded-to earlier? A staple low tier Italian tankette, the Carro Veloce, will be mounting twin autocannons as its main armament. The picture is coming together.

 

In any case, using the MTLS as a test-bed is a viable method to get the twin-gun mechanic polished up. For low caliber guns and autocannons, the idea of simply doubling the firepower is easy enough to balance. The difficult part will be balancing multiple high caliber guns, such as those we'd expect to see on the ST-II. If twin 122mm guns are synchronized to fire simultaneously, then effectively you have an average alpha of 880, and as such it will have to be given appropriate drawbacks compared to other high alpha heavy tanks. Besides this, 'splitting' a single high alpha shell into two normal alpha shells is something of an insurance policy against RNG, so that factor will also have to be considered.

 

An alternative is to instead treat such a weapon system as an autoloader with a drum capacity of 2 (or multiples thereof).



vyle02 #16 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 05:52

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 23824 battles
  • 208
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    12-24-2014
My question is do the shells count as 1 or two, so if you shoot can you pen 1 and not the other? or do both pen or both bounce, that could be a major factor in the effectivness of these guns. 

xrays_ #17 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 07:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 44925 battles
  • 3,105
  • [FELOW] FELOW
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostBaron_Von_Krieg, on Jan 05 2018 - 17:39, said:

To be honest, I wouldn't care if it was in a bundle like the PzIIJ. I've been looking to get this tank since I first heard about it some years ago. It's my Great White Whale.

 

Just remember, once it's released it will just be a goldfish... Anyone with any interest and a few (lol) dollars will own one, so they won't be "rare".

 

x.



Sturm_Teufel #18 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 08:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 42183 battles
  • 3,668
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
  • Member since:
    07-22-2011
I look forward to feeding this tank to my PzII G and PzI C.

Agentt_Orange #19 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 14:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 22317 battles
  • 299
  • [F_B_P] F_B_P
  • Member since:
    04-07-2013

View PostCabbageMechanic, on Jan 05 2018 - 22:12, said:

Hey Tankers,

 

Ever heard of the MTLS-1G14—the double-barreled legend from World of Tanks? For quite a while, this American Tier III light tank was stuck in the shadows of more popular vehicles, a rare guest on servers. However, many players had fond memories of this peculiar machine capable of firing two shots in one click.  So, we decided to give the MTLS-1G14 a second chance and the supertest revision treatment. Our goal is to make it an agile and dynamic tank slightly resembling the Tetrarch, by modifying its features in light of the up-to-date specs of random battles.  The tank can’t boast good armor—and it doesn’t need it. Its purpose is to spin around the battlefield, taking out enemies with its double shots. The supertest will reveal whether the MTLS-1G14 is up to the challenge:




And remember: one click—two shots!

Let us know what you think!

 

I think that if the cost of such tank is high, it will solidify many players thought that WG is going back to "pay to win" in lower tiers.  Seal clubbing (though has never gone away and will never go away) will be even more prevalent.   I, also, believe that there will be a loud outcry that the tank is too OP for it's tier.  But hey.. looks like a fun 'tooning tank!!!

Baron_Von_Krieg #20 Posted Jan 06 2018 - 14:55

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22593 battles
  • 746
  • [ARIET] ARIET
  • Member since:
    11-04-2013

View Postxrays_, on Jan 06 2018 - 01:15, said:

 

Just remember, once it's released it will just be a goldfish... Anyone with any interest and a few (lol) dollars will own one, so they won't be "rare".

 

x.

 

Perhaps . But rare or not , I want one . 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users