Jump to content


Why I've watched my W/R and stats fall.

Baddie I stink Uninstall

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

SolidHex #1 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 01:03

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5492 battles
  • 629
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

I did do more damage than I thought at first in this battle but what bothers me is why I didn't push the M4 when felt I could looking back on it.  I've been told when you're top tier bully the lower ones.  Maybe I could have helped the Churchill if I had?  And at the end I just panic like I do any time I'm the last or nearly last left and it's cost me plenty. 

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4069373#el_halluf-solidhex-t20 

 

So those that know more let me have it.  I've been watching my stats go to pot and here's a good example of why (and I had some really bad battles Fri.).  



WaywardChild #2 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 01:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32430 battles
  • 798
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013
If you really only have 5k battles, I say don't stress. Play the game, have fun. Stats are for the ego-centric. There are no stats for how much you help your team win. Damage can be farmed in loss's. Oh yeah, drinking helps............

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 01:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 14345 battles
  • 9,815
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

View PostDeathbyGMaC, on Jan 07 2018 - 21:46, said:

There are no stats for how much you help your team win.

 

WUT ???   Actually, your winrate stat tells the tale of how much you help your teams win (or lose).

Steeljaw_MajT #4 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 02:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 18620 battles
  • 2,412
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013
Your mapa awareness is very low.  The the minimap showed Skoda T 25 coming to flank you and you didn't react, too busy rolling back and forth below the rise arty safe.  You let the M4 retreat and then had to rush a shot on the IS 2 because you were worried about him getting a cheap side shot on you.  At the end you rushed back to cap and allowed yourself to pincered between the IS and the TD.  You rushed into a position that had no cover and did no damage while losing losing the lion share pf what you went to great lengths to protect earlier.   Remember the minimap is your friend, don't get too focused on what is in front of you and forget about what maybe coming behind you.  You only have 5K battles but situational awareness, a feeling for when to flex and positioning is something you have you have to learn if you want to get better.  Also by T-7 you should have a commander with 6th sense.

strenfoo #5 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 02:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12425 battles
  • 1,256
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

View PostDeathbyGMaC, on Jan 07 2018 - 18:46, said:

There are no stats for how much you help your team win.

 

Of course there is.  You even have yours in your signature.  Hint, it’s the big numbers with yellow/orange backgrounds.



Manimal__ #6 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 03:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 38705 battles
  • 3,469
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 07 2018 - 16:49, said:

 

WUT ???   Actually, your winrate stat tells the tale of how much you help your teams win (or lose).

 

^ Its true. If only I wasn't such a potato for the first 15k games I've played my winrate would be much better.

 

56.78% in my last 12,669 games

56.07% in my last 21,668 games

 

:facepalm:



Boghie #7 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 04:05

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5494 battles
  • 536
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    04-10-2016

A game was lost.  That was really it.

 

You really did leave the M4 to harass you and the others for a bit too long.  I'm a Tomato, so hear what you want.  I think it more beneficial to kill an opponent that to wound three of them.  The gun on the M4 could have been taken out with more focus.  Also, had you pushed the M4 you would have owned a solid position that would have stopped the flow of tanks over the top.  I don't know anything about the T-20, but it seemed fast and agile.  You got locked into place and had to trade with others - which you did rather well.  However, using the speed and agility to wrap that heavy, push the M4, and threaten the flex that brought more tanks to your area was probably the better play.  It must be Monday and I must be an armchair QB!!!

 

There really was too much shucking an' weaving.  I don't think a single arty shell landed in your quadrant.  Also, if the other guy fires and stays out in the open than make him pay for that.  But you were set on shuckin' an' weaving.  You do have some nice Grease moves though:-)

 

But, those are a bit picky.  I don't think you lost the game.  I would just kinda move on and let the games flow.  You will get on a winning streak that will wipe out this losing streak.

 

Happy hunting...



lOne_zErg #8 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 05:22

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5783 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View PostDeathbyGMaC, on Jan 08 2018 - 00:46, said:

There are no stats for how much you help your team win. 

That's patently false



SolidHex #9 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5492 battles
  • 629
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View PostSteeljaw_MajT, on Jan 07 2018 - 20:02, said:

Your mapa awareness is very low.  The the minimap showed Skoda T 25 coming to flank you and you didn't react, too busy rolling back and forth below the rise arty safe.  You let the M4 retreat and then had to rush a shot on the IS 2 because you were worried about him getting a cheap side shot on you.  At the end you rushed back to cap and allowed yourself to pincered between the IS and the TD.  You rushed into a position that had no cover and did no damage while losing losing the lion share pf what you went to great lengths to protect earlier.   Remember the minimap is your friend, don't get too focused on what is in front of you and forget about what maybe coming behind you.  You only have 5K battles but situational awareness, a feeling for when to flex and positioning is something you have you have to learn if you want to get better.  Also by T-7 you should have a commander with 6th sense.

 

I know I have to work on the awareness bit.  Tunnel vision and all that plus sometimes not knowing what to do if I see something develop.  I seem to easily get information overload and react in all the wrong ways. 

 

View PostBoghie, on Jan 07 2018 - 22:05, said:

A game was lost.  That was really it.

 

You really did leave the M4 to harass you and the others for a bit too long.  I'm a Tomato, so hear what you want.  I think it more beneficial to kill an opponent that to wound three of them.  The gun on the M4 could have been taken out with more focus.  Also, had you pushed the M4 you would have owned a solid position that would have stopped the flow of tanks over the top.  I don't know anything about the T-20, but it seemed fast and agile.  You got locked into place and had to trade with others - which you did rather well.  However, using the speed and agility to wrap that heavy, push the M4, and threaten the flex that brought more tanks to your area was probably the better play.  It must be Monday and I must be an armchair QB!!!

 

There really was too much shucking an' weaving.  I don't think a single arty shell landed in your quadrant.  Also, if the other guy fires and stays out in the open than make him pay for that.  But you were set on shuckin' an' weaving.  You do have some nice Grease moves though:-)

 

But, those are a bit picky.  I don't think you lost the game.  I would just kinda move on and let the games flow.  You will get on a winning streak that will wipe out this losing streak.

 

Happy hunting...

 

Tomato or not I think you hit the points well.  Yes I have a tendency to do the "Arty Dance" way more than I need to but being hit and one shot or being focused at times will do that to you.  People who are much better than me I've platooned with have also mentioned I move around too much which is probably why I'll miss a kill shot, get killed myself, then watch that tank go on to help the red side win.  



Chalybos #10 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 14:57

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22596 battles
  • 904
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011

View PostBoghie, on Jan 07 2018 - 22:05, said:

A game was lost.  That was really it.

 

You really did leave the M4 to harass you and the others for a bit too long.  I'm a Tomato, so hear what you want.  I think it more beneficial to kill an opponent that to wound three of them.  The gun on the M4 could have been taken out with more focus.  Also, had you pushed the M4 you would have owned a solid position that would have stopped the flow of tanks over the top.  I don't know anything about the T-20, but it seemed fast and agile.  You got locked into place and had to trade with others - which you did rather well.  However, using the speed and agility to wrap that heavy, push the M4, and threaten the flex that brought more tanks to your area was probably the better play.  It must be Monday and I must be an armchair QB!!!

 

There really was too much shucking an' weaving.  I don't think a single arty shell landed in your quadrant.  Also, if the other guy fires and stays out in the open than make him pay for that.  But you were set on shuckin' an' weaving.  You do have some nice Grease moves though:-)

 

But, those are a bit picky.  I don't think you lost the game.  I would just kinda move on and let the games flow.  You will get on a winning streak that will wipe out this losing streak.

 

Happy hunting...

The bolded part?  That's dead-on.  3 wounded enemy tanks are 3 guns firing, even if they only have 10 HPs left between the three of them.  A gun off the field, however, that's a clear advantage.  

I'll drop an arty round on an enemy hiding with 50 HPs and gladly wait my longassed reload cycle to take one off the field.  That's one less tank firing at my allies, and a near dead tank fires a shell that does the exact same damage as when he was at full health.



WaywardChild #11 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 06:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32430 battles
  • 798
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
  • Member since:
    11-27-2013

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 07 2018 - 16:49, said:

 

WUT ???   Actually, your winrate stat tells the tale of how much you help your teams win (or lose).

 

​ We have all tried a new line to find out it doesn't work for us, I'm finding that out right now with the Maus. I believe any player can totally manipulate their WR. Why do people reroll? My alt account were I just play just the T20 and T26 E4, T29,Hellcat and T34 are at 58% WR with > 4k battles. Win rate is totally manipulative. But I guess its true, with tanks I like or are good in I do help my team win. If I only played the tanks I liked my WR would be way better, so true, WR does tell the tale of how much I help my team. 

View PostlOne_zErg, on Jan 07 2018 - 20:22, said:

That's patently false

 

​Ok dang it I cry UNCLE!  I can't come up with a legitimate argument at this moment to counterpunch, WR does tell the tale of how much you help your team. Sorry, I got multiple arguments rolled into one in my head.Talk to the Guy (?) in purple that salivates over his beloved E25. WR can and will be manipulated by those that can. If you are new and concentrate on WR you can potentially become frustrated and loath the game. In my opinion my original point stays valid. With less then 6k games, stay in lower tiers, have fun and learn the game. Stats will come later.

 

PS. I didn't watch the video........



DA_1_TRUREAPER #12 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 19:22

    Private

  • Players
  • 14535 battles
  • 1
  • [-KWH-] -KWH-
  • Member since:
    06-02-2012

My original time starting playing WOT was in 2012..over 14k matches.the new updates to mm is true bs. i dont care if someone wants to bash this post but its the truth every single medium tank on this game from teir 7 to 10 pens everything on any heavy line.

most players say not all players use mods well they do and WOT they allow certain mods to that someone develops and WOT approves and they shouldnt  .i dont have the best computer out there but i just play to play. to have fun WG has chimed in and denied that they dont take care of the big popular clans and there are mad stat padding players out there that benefit from these changes alot faster than others why?

You get those who say play harder .It dont matter how hard you play I WAS CLOSE AND SAY CLOSE TO A 51% WIN RATE til three updates ago and has fallen since.whining? nope not whining its self observation that WG has [edited] up a good game .And dont want to fix it.Personally i say hit the reset button.eliminate crew perks and these bonds to apply these supposed better components to the tank .i dont see how they keep the components win time after time there is something very wrong here and its not my game of play and I know there are others out there that see the same thing

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



lOne_zErg #13 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 20:59

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 5783 battles
  • 195
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014

View PostDeathbyGMaC, on Jan 11 2018 - 05:32, said:

 

​ We have all tried a new line to find out it doesn't work for us, I'm finding that out right now with the Maus. I believe any player can totally manipulate their WR. Why do people reroll? My alt account were I just play just the T20 and T26 E4, T29,Hellcat and T34 are at 58% WR with > 4k battles. Win rate is totally manipulative. But I guess its true, with tanks I like or are good in I do help my team win. If I only played the tanks I liked my WR would be way better, so true, WR does tell the tale of how much I help my team. 

 

​Ok dang it I cry UNCLE!  I can't come up with a legitimate argument at this moment to counterpunch, WR does tell the tale of how much you help your team. Sorry, I got multiple arguments rolled into one in my head.Talk to the Guy (?) in purple that salivates over his beloved E25. WR can and will be manipulated by those that can. If you are new and concentrate on WR you can potentially become frustrated and loath the game. In my opinion my original point stays valid. With less then 6k games, stay in lower tiers, have fun and learn the game. Stats will come later.

 

PS. I didn't watch the video........

 

i mean, it depends on how fast you learn... I have under 6k games and have 8 tier 10s




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users