BeattheALGORE

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

King_NorthTX #1 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 12:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Hey Howdy folks,

KingNorthTX here, and I'd like some feedback on the information I've been distributing on my streaming channel (mixer.com/King_North_TX).  I have been accused of being a bad informer...

What I've been promoting is "living"...survive the battle, when you are certain victory is beyond your reach and death is certain- YOU SHOULD RUN AND HIDE.  Also, I've been saying, "It isn't all about getting kills..."  HERESY!!!

I operate at a 53% win rate with over 26K games.  I made many early mistakes, but recently I am running around 59-60%.  My play is slightly different, especially in my Heavies and Lights.  In my Maus, my damage rating is really low, and it is directly related to my use of HE rounds.  I've been promoting it is better NOT to stand and fight, but to track opponents, stop their advance, and be a wall.  I track, THEN hit a non-moving target, as my teammates do the same, giving me half of the experience they gain.  If I can track two tanks, then hide, as I get spotter and track damage XP, while taking no damage...I say that's good play.  

I don't usually get a lot of kills, but I'm usually atop the leaderboard, and my teams wins more than they lose.

So, ultimately my question is about which gets more XP-  Getting kills and dying, OR Helping spot and track a bunch of stuff and living?  

Am I doing the wrong thing, or is there sound logic to my practices?

Edited by King_NorthTX, Jan 08 2018 - 12:52.

uberdice #2 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:07

Major

• Players
  • 24026 battles
You can track and do full damage at the same time with AP.

DeutschesKaiserreich #3 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:09

Major

• Players
  • 23775 battles

But you don't have any battles on NA. Shouldn't you use your actual account? Or stay on your server?

Also are you spamming HE? In a Maus? I can't actually look at any of this because you're not using your real account. Or you're not from this server. Also some of this is good advice. Some of it isn't. Like if you know the battle is over just get your damage and die. Also the HE spam or so I think that's what you're saying you do is kind of bad because you're actually relying on your team. This is a team based game where you are your team. There are 30 teams per side. Each playing their own way that you can't rely on.

View Postuberdice, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:07, said:

do not tell him da way my brudda

Edited by Laceylace, Jan 08 2018 - 13:09.

FrozenKemp #4 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:10

Major

• Players
  • 45136 battles

View PostKing_NorthTX, on Jan 08 2018 - 06:51, said:

What I've been promoting is "living"...survive the battle, when you are certain victory is beyond your reach and death is certain- YOU SHOULD RUN AND HIDE.  Also, I've been saying, "It isn't all about getting kills..."  HERESY!!!

I certainly do not agree with that.  What purpose does it serve?  It might improve your survival statistic if it works, but almost everyone is very happy to track down and kill that last tank even if capping would be faster occasionally. 

My philosophy is to make the enemy pay in "blood".  Do as much damage as you can before dying.  

edit: whatever extra damage you do will translate into a little more xp.  Also, running away - if it is pointless - will just extend your battle time and mean it will be longer before you get to start a new battle with a chance of victory. 

Edited by FrozenKemp, Jan 08 2018 - 13:13.

King_NorthTX #5 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postuberdice, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:07, said:

Sounds pricy...I don't spend a lot of money on premium, so I use HE rounds because they are cheaper...unless I am in my tier X American Light...$5200 for one HE round.  :/

Edited by King_NorthTX, Jan 08 2018 - 13:26.

uberdice #6 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:17

Major

• Players
  • 24026 battles

View PostKing_NorthTX, on Jan 08 2018 - 22:16, said:

Sounds pricy...I don't spend a lot of money on premium, so I use HE rounds because they are cheaper...unless I am in my Their X American Light...$5200 for one HE round.  :/

If AP rounds are too expensive for you, you shouldn't be queuing into high tiers.

King_NorthTX #7 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:10, said:

I certainly do not agree with that.  What purpose does it serve?  It might improve your survival statistic if it works, but almost everyone is very happy to track down and kill that last tank even if capping would be faster occasionally. 

My philosophy is to make the enemy pay in "blood".  Do as much damage as you can before dying.  

edit: whatever extra damage you do will translate into a little more xp.  Also, running away - if it is pointless - will just extend your battle time and mean it will be longer before you get to start a new battle with a chance of victory. 

So there is no 'good' reason to survive the battle??

I've won several medals running and hiding because the enemy tried to find and kill me rather than cap.  Also I usually hid on a high corner, so remain foes are spotted and I have a position I can defend.  I won't usually take on 4 tanks trying to cap alone...unless I am in my Luchs...  :)  I've taken on 6 by myself and won in that tank.

I guess my problem is I am thinking...'in the real world' it is better to live, keep my crew breathing, so that they have knowledge and memory of what happened.  So IN MY HEAD, it is better to live, possibly get a draw, or even a win, rather than try for one more kill and get my crew killed.

Where do I find the difference in XP garnered by living vs dying?

What do you think about a Maus that just focused on stopping the advance?  I usually find a wall that I can side-scrap around then I just track opponents, so that my team is shooting at a non-moving target...  Is this bad form also?

King_NorthTX #8 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postuberdice, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:17, said:

If AP rounds are too expensive for you, you shouldn't be queuing into high tiers.

I don't usually.  I have several money-makers at the lower tiers to support my tier X play.  Losing in my Maus and dying can cost $40,000 easy, but I do that less nowadays.  :)

Edited by King_NorthTX, Jan 08 2018 - 13:25.

DeutschesKaiserreich #9 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:27

Major

• Players
  • 23775 battles

View PostKing_NorthTX, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:25, said:

I don't usually.  I have several money-makers at the lower tiers to support my tier X play.  Losing in my Maus and dying can cost $40,000 easy, but I do that less nowadays.  :)

You kinda come off as like... You think you're a decent player due to the win rate in your OP but it seems you're not contributing alot to the actual engagement and spamming HE is just making you probably seem like more of a noob than anything else.

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:27

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

View PostKing_NorthTX, on Jan 08 2018 - 09:25, said:

It's game credits, not dollars... there's a difference.

King_NorthTX #11 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:09, said:

But you don't have any battles on NA. Shouldn't you use your actual account? Or stay on your server?

Also are you spamming HE? In a Maus? I can't actually look at any of this because you're not using your real account. Or you're not from this server. Also some of this is good advice. Some of it isn't. Like if you know the battle is over just get your damage and die. Also the HE spam or so I think that's what you're saying you do is kind of bad because you're actually relying on your team. This is a team based game where you are your team. There are 30 teams per side. Each playing their own way that you can't rely on.

do not tell him da way my brudda

Yeah, sorry about my account...  I play on 360 and ONE.  My tag is KingNorthTX.

My Apple rejected efforts to be who I am supposed to be.  

---

I absolutely rely on my team.  I encourage team play, focus firing, and safety in numbers.  I don't usually operate alone, meaning I stay with the group (unless I am in my Lights).  I noted I am a streamer, so I am usually giving battle plans and instructions.  

'I' am my own team...??  Buddy, when 'I' have to face 15 tanks...I lose.  In my AT-2 I did kill 10 tanks by myself for the win, but that is a rarity.  Mmmmmm...Pool's Medals...

DeutschesKaiserreich #12 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:34

Major

• Players
  • 23775 battles

View PostKing_NorthTX, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:33, said:

Yeah, sorry about my account...  I play on 360 and ONE.  My tag is KingNorthTX.

My Apple rejected efforts to be who I am supposed to be.  

---

I absolutely rely on my team.  I encourage team play, focus firing, and safety in numbers.  I don't usually operate alone, meaning I stay with the group (unless I am in my Lights).  I noted I am a streamer, so I am usually giving battle plans and instructions.  

'I' am my own team...??  Buddy, when 'I' have to face 15 tanks...I lose.  In my AT-2 I did kill 10 tanks by myself for the win, but that is a rarity.  Mmmmmm...Pool's Medals...

1. This is the PC forums. Lol. Consoles have their own website. 

2. AT2 is easy to do anything in. You can solo an entire team. AT-2 is literally one of the best seal clubbing 5s in.

King_NorthTX #13 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:27, said:

You kinda come off as like... You think you're a decent player due to the win rate in your OP but it seems you're not contributing alot to the actual engagement and spamming HE is just making you probably seem like more of a noob than anything else.

Meh...

I track, then switch back to normal rounds to pour hot lead into their top cap.  

I DO indeed have to explain myself, often, when I use HE rounds.  When we win, there is usually some agreement, but I still get poop back because my damage rating is so low.

King_NorthTX #14 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostLaceylace, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:34, said:

1. This is the PC forums. Lol. Consoles have their own website. 

2. AT2 is easy to do anything in. You can solo an entire team. AT-2 is literally one of the best seal clubbing 5s in.

My apologies.  I can take my leave.  :)

Agreed.  The AT-2 is a beast at tier V.

King_NorthTX #15 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:27, said:

It's game credits, not dollars... there's a difference.

lol

Agreed.

That said, you can buy silver with actual $'s so....  ;)

FrozenKemp #16 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 13:55

Major

• Players
  • 45136 battles

View PostKing_NorthTX, on Jan 08 2018 - 07:16, said:

Sounds pricy...I don't spend a lot of money on premium, so I use HE rounds because they are cheaper...unless I am in my tier X American Light...$5200 for one HE round.  :/

... He said AP, as in armour piercing, as in regular ammo, not gold. Unless console is different. 

King_NorthTX #17 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 14:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 08 2018 - 13:55, said:

... He said AP, as in armour piercing, as in regular ammo, not gold. Unless console is different. 

I'm streaming now...

Yes, AP rounds aren't normal on the console...$4800 each for the Maus.

mixer.com/King_North_TX

GAME ON!

---

ETA:  Armor-Piercing Pzgr 39 rounds are the normal ones.

Edited by King_NorthTX, Jan 08 2018 - 14:09.

Chalybos #18 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 14:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22499 battles

Sounds like you're using your superheavy as an arty with armor.  Or a low damage turreted TD with armor.  So you've got the tip of the spear and you're using it to try to start a fire with sparks in the hopes of burning your opponent, rather than stabbing them.

Every now and then I'll see my wife use a butter knife for a screwdriver.  She finds my reaction amusing every single time, and responds the same way every single time: "It works, doesn't it?"  Nevermind that if it strips, I'm the one who has to fix it.

the_dude_76 #19 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 31450 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostKing_NorthTX, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:16, said:

so I use HE rounds because they are cheaper..

And we're supposed to believe that you're a 53% player... Sure

dunniteowl #20 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 17:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 20030 battles

View PostChalybos, on Jan 08 2018 - 07:50, said:

Sounds like you're using your superheavy as an arty with armor.  Or a low damage turreted TD with armor.  So you've got the tip of the spear and you're using it to try to start a fire with sparks in the hopes of burning your opponent, rather than stabbing them.

Every now and then I'll see my wife use a butter knife for a screwdriver.  She finds my reaction amusing every single time, and responds the same way every single time: "It works, doesn't it?"  Nevermind that if it strips, I'm the one who has to fix it.

And what it does to the END of the butter knife!  There's a REASON we call it a BUTTER Knife and it's not for turning screws, dammit!

I feel you, man.

GL, HF & HSYBF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users