Jump to content


Disable a map


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Zanarkand_C #1 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 18:41

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22316 battles
  • 132
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

I think it would be nice if WG would add a option in menu to deselect at least 1 map that a player would like to not see, 2 at most but at least 1 would be nice. Anyone else think this would make the game a bit more fun and if you could what map would you like to not play?

 

For me I would deselect Fiery Salient. I hate this map more then anything. Can't go hill without getting shot from mid, can't go mid without getting shot from hill. 1/2 line is a campers paradise. This map for me is the pits... the arm pits. I don't enjoy it no matter what class tank I pick.



Lonewolfpj #2 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 18:47

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 3195 battles
  • 677
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
That would make MM even crazier.

Devildog8 #3 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 18:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 9446 battles
  • 4,333
  • [XILES] XILES
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View PostLonewolfpj, on Jan 08 2018 - 11:47, said:

That would make MM even crazier.

 

Not only that you wouldn't learn how to get better playing it

Zanarkand_C #4 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 18:52

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22316 battles
  • 132
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

View PostDevildog8, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:51, said:

 

Not only that you wouldn't learn how to get better playing it

 

What does that matter? WG just removes them over time anyway.

Edited by Zanarkand_C, Jan 08 2018 - 18:52.


moogleslam #5 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 18:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 31245 battles
  • 3,163
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013
For a couple of years, I've been proposing just this.  Opting out of up to ~5 maps in conjunction with bringing back ALL the old maps.  WG touched on it in a recent interview which I highlighted here:  http://forum.worldof...ge__p__11356936

Zanarkand_C #6 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 19:02

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22316 battles
  • 132
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

View Postmoogleslam, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:55, said:

For a couple of years, I've been proposing just this.  Opting out of up to ~5 maps in conjunction with bringing back ALL the old maps.  WG touched on it in a recent interview which I highlighted here:  http://forum.worldof...ge__p__11356936

 

I dig that, I mean it's a video game and mostly played for fun and if there is things I can do to make the game more fun for myself that just a win win. Bringing back old maps would be nice touch too.

_Gungrave_ #7 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 19:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 38200 battles
  • 10,460
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Been stated numerous times over the years even back around during the Beta that this won't be done...for obvious reasons.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 08 2018 - 19:47.


Markd73 #8 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 19:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 28994 battles
  • 3,838
  • [AOS] AOS
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostZanarkand_C, on Jan 08 2018 - 17:41, said:

I think it would be nice if WG would add a option in menu to deselect at least 1 map that a player would like to not see, 2 at most but at least 1 would be nice. Anyone else think this would make the game a bit more fun and if you could what map would you like to not play?

 

For me I would deselect Fiery Salient. I hate this map more then anything. Can't go hill without getting shot from mid, can't go mid without getting shot from hill. 1/2 line is a campers paradise. This map for me is the pits... the arm pits. I don't enjoy it no matter what class tank I pick.

 

Terrible idea. MM would be even more messed up.

 

It would also unbalance tank choices and the game itself - players who enjoy heavies would avoid open maps and vice versa. 

 

WG needs to stick with random maps so that everyone gets a chance to be unfairly treated.

 

 



Awestryker #9 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 19:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 24435 battles
  • 2,346
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

WG should just dump back in all the old maps they took out due to w/r imbalance between the cap sides...

 

Who cares really if there is an imbalance, it balances out over time as it is random as to which cap side you get...

 

Plus, its going to take WG ~2 years to make all maps into the new HD...how many new maps do you think we will get during that time?

ZERO, or near zero is my bet...

 

 



Gunadie #10 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 19:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 38203 battles
  • 4,028
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011

Even better,

de-select tanks and players we don't wish to see as well!



Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #11 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 20:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 67399 battles
  • 1,990
  • Member since:
    02-11-2012
They mentioned they were considering doing this in one of their vids about 6 months ago. You probably shouldn't hold your breath.

bunnycaulk #12 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 20:09

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1599 battles
  • 305
  • Member since:
    06-29-2017

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 08 2018 - 19:06, said:

Been stated numerous times over the years even back around during the Beta that this won't be done...for obvious reasons.

 

Um, the reasons are not obvious to me.  What are they?

xSzikll #13 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 20:10

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9047 battles
  • 381
  • Member since:
    12-23-2016

View PostZanarkand_C, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:41, said:

I think it would be nice if WG would add a option in menu to deselect at least 1 map that a player would like to not see, 2 at most but at least 1 would be nice. Anyone else think this would make the game a bit more fun and if you could what map would you like to not play?

 

For me I would deselect Fiery Salient. I hate this map more then anything. Can't go hill without getting shot from mid, can't go mid without getting shot from hill. 1/2 line is a campers paradise. This map for me is the pits... the arm pits. I don't enjoy it no matter what class tank I pick.

 

You will continue playing in Prokhorovka that is the same copy-paste map.

PM_xD #14 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 20:21

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16335 battles
  • 234
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View Postmoogleslam, on Jan 08 2018 - 12:55, said:

For a couple of years, I've been proposing just this.  Opting out of up to ~5 maps in conjunction with bringing back ALL the old maps.  WG touched on it in a recent interview which I highlighted here:  http://forum.worldof...ge__p__11356936

*Everyone selects Paris, Mountain Pass, Erlenberg, Airfield, and Fisherman's Bay



moogleslam #15 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 20:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 31245 battles
  • 3,163
  • [REL-A] REL-A
  • Member since:
    12-20-2013

View PostTrojanPMagnum_R_Us, on Jan 08 2018 - 15:21, said:

*Everyone selects Paris, Mountain Pass, Erlenberg, Airfield, and Fisherman's Bay

 

I've got my own list of maps I hate, but none of those are on it.  Paris maybe was for a little while, but I've learned to stop playing the camp fest that is the field, no matter what tank I'm in.  Brawling on the west can be fun if you've got the tank for it, otherwise you can make playing mid work.

tufftraxx #16 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 20:54

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 54536 battles
  • 224
  • [ORDER] ORDER
  • Member since:
    12-25-2012
What would be cool is if the MM would be based on class of tank relative to the maps. That way when one deives a Maus or T95, you wouldn't get put on certain maps like MalInova or Prokhorovka. 

lightball20 #17 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 21:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 26535 battles
  • 3,347
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO
  • Member since:
    02-18-2013

View PostAwestryker, on Jan 08 2018 - 10:47, said:

WG should just dump back in all the old maps they took out due to w/r imbalance between the cap sides...

 

Who cares really if there is an imbalance, it balances out over time as it is random as to which cap side you get...

 

Plus, its going to take WG ~2 years to make all maps into the new HD...how many new maps do you think we will get during that time?

ZERO, or near zero is my bet...

 

 

 

Current maps should be done within half a year. Returning old maps and making new maps will start up after that.

Bolted_On #18 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 21:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 57454 battles
  • 642
  • [-HAZ-] -HAZ-
  • Member since:
    09-03-2012

You guys are doing it all wrong.   Here's how it works..

 

If you want Prokhorovka or Fiery Salient.....play a slow lumbering heavy tank

 

If you want Paris, Kharkov, or Stalingrad....play a light tank

 

If you want Himmelsdorf or Ensk....play arty

 

Simple.  :playing:



_Gungrave_ #19 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 21:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 38200 battles
  • 10,460
  • [JGRN] JGRN
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View Postbunnycaulk, on Jan 08 2018 - 20:09, said:

 

Um, the reasons are not obvious to me.  What are they?

 

I'm not here to hold your hand, think on it a little bit and you should come up with a couple reasons as to why this is a bad idea.

 

If more people thought things through before posting then there would be fewer repeat suggestions like this.



bunnycaulk #20 Posted Jan 08 2018 - 21:45

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1599 battles
  • 305
  • Member since:
    06-29-2017

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 08 2018 - 21:25, said:

 

I'm not here to hold your hand, think on it a little bit and you should come up with a couple reasons as to why this is a bad idea.

 

If more people thought things through before posting then there would be fewer repeat suggestions like this.

 

in other words, you don't know either.   




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users