High Sierra and Joining Battles

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

DorkBeard_The_Flatulent #1 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 01:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2110 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

So I recently upgraded to High Sierra (currently using  10.13.2) to try and overcome some technical issues I was having in other areas. While that worked, I am now having problems with WoT and the Wrapper -maybe.

I really don't know.

I completely deleted and reloaded the game on my MacBook Pro to see if that made a difference, and everything works save one thing: I load into games anywhere from 15-45 seconds after the battle has started. Small complaint, I know. 

Does anyone know why this might be happening or if there's a fix? Has anyone else had these issues with High Sierra? I have never had this kind of issue before. I understand that compared to other's problems it is extremely minor; at least I can still play. (let's see what March and 1.0 bring) 

Thanks for your time.

black_colt #2 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 17:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostA_U_G_U_S_T_U_S, on Jan 08 2018 - 16:43, said:

So I recently upgraded to High Sierra (currently using  10.13.2) to try and overcome some technical issues I was having in other areas. While that worked, I am now having problems with WoT and the Wrapper -maybe.

I really don't know.

I completely deleted and reloaded the game on my MacBook Pro to see if that made a difference, and everything works save one thing: I load into games anywhere from 15-45 seconds after the battle has started. Small complaint, I know. 

Does anyone know why this might be happening or if there's a fix? Has anyone else had these issues with High Sierra? I have never had this kind of issue before. I understand that compared to other's problems it is extremely minor; at least I can still play. (let's see what March and 1.0 bring) 

Thanks for your time.

I do not ever remember having that issue with macOS 10.13.2 or macOS 10.13.3 Public Beta on either my MacBook Pro or my iMac.  Sometimes it takes a moment or two for the game to load [before you see the list of participants] and all you see is the orange progress bar.  

That has been happening a lot lately even when running MS Windows on the same hardware and Internet connection so I suspect it is an issue related to network routing and/or the NA Servers.

How much free space do you have on your boot drive?

Are you running from the battery or using the power supply?

Please provide your hardware specifications.

SilentPredator_1 #3 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 06:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 4369 battles
  • [TRULL] TRULL

I'm also having lag problems since 'upgrading' to High Sierra 10.13.2. No delayed loading problem, but lagging in game. I think they call it Low FPS? Everything else seems to be fine on the computer. I've read many other gamers have problems with other games too since the 10.13.2 update

Macbook Pro (mid 2012)

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics  4000 1536 MB

Over 300GB of space available 

Play on US Central Server

Any help will be appreciated

black_colt #4 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 17:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostSilentPredator_1, on Jan 21 2018 - 21:25, said:

I'm also having lag problems since 'upgrading' to High Sierra 10.13.2. No delayed loading problem, but lagging in game. I think they call it Low FPS? Everything else seems to be fine on the computer. I've read many other gamers have problems with other games too since the 10.13.2 update

Macbook Pro (mid 2012)

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics  4000 1536 MB

Over 300GB of space available 

Play on US Central Server

Any help will be appreciated

What version of the WoT Mac Wrapper are you running?

Are you running MODs?

SilentPredator_1 #5 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 05:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 4369 battles
  • [TRULL] TRULL

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 22 2018 - 17:49, said:

Are you running MODs?

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 22 2018 - 17:49, said:

Are you running MODs?

Im unsure which Mac Wrapper version - I just got the name downloaded from the world of tanks asia site

I don't think I'm running any MODs. I don't even know what they are

thanks

black_colt #6 Posted Jan 26 2018 - 19:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostSilentPredator_1, on Jan 25 2018 - 20:27, said:

Im unsure which Mac Wrapper version - I just got the name downloaded from the world of tanks asia site

I don't think I'm running any MODs. I don't even know what they are

thanks

Ahh - you are running the ASIA client.

IIRC there are many issues with that client that are not present on the NA client.

Will need to do some more research on the ASIA forum to understand that client better ...

SilentPredator_1 #7 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 01:28

Private

• -Players-
  • 4369 battles
  • [TRULL] TRULL

View Postblack_colt, on Jan 26 2018 - 19:42, said:

Ahh - you are running the ASIA client.

IIRC there are many issues with that client that are not present on the NA client.

Will need to do some more research on the ASIA forum to understand that client better ...

I understand. The ASIA client has been uninstalled and replace with the NA client. Stuttering and lag still present in game

Anything I can do?

black_colt #8 Posted Jan 27 2018 - 02:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 3641 battles

View PostSilentPredator_1, on Jan 26 2018 - 16:28, said:

I understand. The ASIA client has been uninstalled and replace with the NA client. Stuttering and lag still present in game

Anything I can do?

Are you using a WiFi connection?

802.11 a/b/c/g/n connections, in my experience, sometimes contribute to stuttering/lag.  A wired connection or using 802.11ac do not seem to contribute.

Are you playing the game without the power supply attached?

Playing the game with the power supply attached will prevent the MacBook Pro from using battery saving techniques - e.g. slowing processor that are present when you run from the battery.

Change the [Settings][Graphics] in [Details] from [Improved] to [Standard] in the game

Run the game in [Windowed-Mode] versus [Full-Screen]

Decrease the resolution of the MacBook to 1920x1080

This may result in the graphics being displayed in a [letter-box].  If this is objectionable select the closest size to 1920x1080

Run A Fan Speed Control Utility

Mac Fan Control is a great app and there is an native MS Windows app for when you are running Boot Camp - http://www.crystalid...acs-fan-control

I have used this app for years with great success. 

I have not been experiencing issues with the WoT Mac Wrapper on any of my machines - but they all have dedicated video cards not integrated video cards.

Will see if I can find any solutions for the Intel HD 4000 in regards to the WoT Mac Wrapper ...

Edited by black_colt, Jan 27 2018 - 03:00.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users