Tier 10 and Tier 9 Random Battles...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

g4143 #21 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 03:02

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9189 battles

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jan 11 2018 - 02:45, said:

You have gotten an ace tanker on two vehicles in 8000 battles, that won't impress anyone.  On top of that you got your tier IX in an arty, again you aren't impressing anyone.

You are trying waaaayyyyyy too hard to convince people how good you are.  

In truth I couldn't care a less about the awards.

I actually find it amusing how you have to discredit the award system to put me down while elevating the awards you received from the same award system. Lol.

_Tsavo #22 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 39751 battles

View Postg4143, on Jan 10 2018 - 20:23, said:

Yeah! They would have to be participation awards. Just like acer tanker will be a participation award when you find out I won a few of those too.

BTW. One of those ace tanker awards was won on a stock tier 9 tank with a green crew.

Ace just requires a single good game.  Nothing more.

g4143 #23 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 03:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9189 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 11 2018 - 03:03, said:

Ace just requires a single good game.  Nothing more.

Like I said. You have to put down the very award system that you parade around in the footer of your posts... I'm sure the psychology students could weight in here with an explanation to your contradictory behaviour.

_Tsavo #24 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 39751 battles

I don't have anything related to Ace tankers in my signature.  A stats snapshot and what tanks I've 3 marked and what tanks I'm trying to 3 mark.

Essentially things that consistently decent play will get.  Using an ace tanker or a single mark as an example of "I know how to use this tank" isn't really a good bar to use or set.

Though I'm curious what the contradictions are.

g4143 #25 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 03:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9189 battles

View Post_Tsavo, on Jan 11 2018 - 03:10, said:

I don't have anything related to Ace tankers in my signature.  A stats snapshot and what tanks I've 3 marked and what tanks I'm trying to 3 mark.

Essentially things that consistently decent play will get.  Using an ace tanker or a single mark as an example of "I know how to use this tank" isn't really a good bar to use or set.

Though I'm curious what the contradictions are.

What your contradictions are? You are literally putting down the award system which you parade around in the footer of every post in this forum.

So are you saying marks of excellence and ace tanker awards are given to people that don't know how to use their vehicle? Are you really venturing down that path to shore-up an ego that has to post his awards?

Edited by g4143, Jan 11 2018 - 03:20.

_Tsavo #26 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 03:33

Major

• Players
  • 39751 battles

View Postg4143, on Jan 10 2018 - 21:20, said:

What your contradictions are? You are literally putting down the award system which you parade around in the footer of every post in this forum.

So are you saying marks of excellence and ace tanker awards are given to people that don't know how to use their vehicle? Are you really venturing down that path to shore-up an ego that has to post his awards?

No, I'm saying a single mark of excellence doesn't indicate the level of competency you claim here:

View Postg4143, on Jan 09 2018 - 06:21, said:

To really drill the point home... I'm an arty player. Does that mean every enemy I knock-out has less skill than me or does it mean my vehicle is designed to knock out skilled/non-skilled enemy players.

The system could say I'm skilled because its awarded everyone of my arty pieces with marks of excellence.

(sure there's a level of sarcasm to it just as there was a level of sarcasm to my response)

Then...

View Postg4143, on Jan 10 2018 - 20:23, said:

Yeah! They would have to be participation awards. Just like acer tanker will be a participation award when you find out I won a few of those too.

BTW. One of those ace tanker awards was won on a stock tier 9 tank with a green crew.

Shuffled goal post to Ace Tanker.  While Ace Tankers are a nice thing to get, don't misunderstand that part, they aren't your typical game and are not an indication of positive consistency.

The first mark is a great milestone to get.  You're averaging more damage and assistance damage than 65% of the players in that tank.  Great!  I hope you get more marks and more ace tankers, really.  I think the game gets more enjoyable the better you get.  I've had my struggles and I'm still not what I'd consider a good player.

Right now you're using the low bar to bash noobs while you yourself are still in that same category of player.  That's all I'm criticizing here, albeit with a little sarcasm thrown in.

Edited by _Tsavo, Jan 11 2018 - 03:34.

WangOnTheLoose #27 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 04:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24253 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postg4143, on Jan 10 2018 - 21:02, said:

In truth I couldn't care a less about the awards.

I actually find it amusing how you have to discredit the award system to put me down while elevating the awards you received from the same award system. Lol.

I am not discrediting anything, I am pointing out that it doesn't mean what you think it means.  As Tsavo has pointed out an ace literally means one good game.  I got an ace in my T-62a because I had one phenomenal game not because I am particularly good at the tank.

g4143 #28 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 12:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9189 battles

View PostWangOnTheLoose, on Jan 11 2018 - 04:58, said:

I am not discrediting anything, I am pointing out that it doesn't mean what you think it means.  As Tsavo has pointed out an ace literally means one good game.  I got an ace in my T-62a because I had one phenomenal game not because I am particularly good at the tank.

Again. You are sawing on the branch you hold yourself up with. Lol.

The truth is - this skill people brag about is mostly trained crew and better equipped tanks and gold ammo.

Edited by g4143, Jan 11 2018 - 12:25.

WangOnTheLoose #29 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 12:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24253 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

Unfortunately, you are being purposefully obtuse.  It makes having a conversation with you rather pointless.  I don't brag about aces or marks of excellence so you talking about some branch is stupid.

The only measure of skill that I care about us win rate.

TankFullOfBourbon #30 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 23891 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Postg4143, on Jan 09 2018 - 03:09, said:

I've played numerous tier 10 and 9 battles as a bottom tier noob and come to the conclusion that the play at this level can suck as bad as any tier 5 battle. Basically I see 2 or 3 players who understand what has to be done and the remainder just follow these players around waiting... Waiting for what? I'm not sure.

Here's some of the initial layouts I've witnessed in tier 10/9 battles..

No friendly tanks covering the beach or a major pathway. - only idiots go beach on Overlord or valley on Lakeville. 

All the friendly tanks on one quarter of the map. - with tanks being able to do +1000 damage is one shot, many players are terrible campers. It's the same players you'll find camping at tier 5.

No friendly tanks covering the middle. - this is probably only true on maps with no or little cover, for example Steppes. Staying in the open in most tier 8-10 tanks mean imminent death

Friendly tanks making a big push only to be flanked because no one was covering their rear position. - you are not making sense. If one team is pushing and the other flanking, you are describing two different gameplay styles. Are you only on the team that pushes? Why aren't you on the team that flanks? I always try to be.

Tanks retreating from their position(s) silently(not falling back to a defensive position.... Just retreating) because they meet opposition. That opposition could be anything from a light tank to a major push and they retreat without informing anyone. - arty fear. Being spotted at tier 10 often means being shat on by arty.

etc.

It's actually amusing when all the experienced players have been knocked out and its up to the less experienced players to save the win. The worse case I've experienced is a player retreating to a remote corner of the map and running out the camp clock.

The more experienced players complain about the quality of play at the higher tiers but how do you fix it? The higher tiers are filled with noobs and I would guess the noobs are the majority. Your point being? That experienced players are noobs or that higher tier are full of noobs?

One big problem with tier 8-10 batlles are the many players playing there without a clue. Many <4000 players. But I have provided you with answers in the quote above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users