Checking things out

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

wildcat18 #1 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:00

Captain

• Players
  • 15457 battles

Been awhile since I played the game and thought I would have a look see. I even forget what I have in my garage, so I'm loading the game to check it out. The game still kind of a pinball machine or is armor and flanking back in the game?

Duh...My garage is in my profile :facepalm:

Edited by wildcat18, Jan 09 2018 - 21:03.

Tuwtles_PermaChatBanned #2 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17497 battles
Well, yeah armor is in the game. The current meta supports very heavily armored tanks. Then again, it also supports broken tanks with HE based guns that ignore armor altogether.

Nudnick #3 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 22579 battles
Spamming premium ammo makes armor irrelevant and we still have all the postage stamp maps that make flanking and tactics in general useless. If anything it's more arcade like than it ever was.

RumRunner151 #4 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 21:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29246 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O
I love people that post opinions as fact when they clearly have no understanding of how this game works.  It is VERY amusing.

WangOnTheLoose #5 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 22:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22777 battles
  • [MOVE] MOVE

View Postwildcat18, on Jan 09 2018 - 15:00, said:

Been awhile since I played the game and thought I would have a look see. I even forget what I have in my garage, so I'm loading the game to check it out. The game still kind of a pinball machine or is armor and flanking back in the game?

Duh...My garage is in my profile :facepalm:

Flanking depends on the situation and the map.  Sometimes you can do it and sometimes you just can't, well a lot of the time actually.  Armor is situational and depends on how good you are in armored tanks, nothing to count on though.  Heavy tanks are still easy to do ok in but hard to do really well in.

wildcat18 #6 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 22:10

Captain

• Players
  • 15457 battles

View PostRumRunner151, on Jan 09 2018 - 15:48, said:

I love people that post opinions as fact when they clearly have no understanding of how this game works.  It is VERY amusing.

Do you need a hug or something? I am sorry if my post ruffled your feathers, I will make it up to you with a hug ok?

RumRunner151 #7 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 23:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29246 battles
  • [T_K_O] T_K_O

View Postwildcat18, on Jan 09 2018 - 15:10, said:

Do you need a hug or something? I am sorry if my post ruffled your feathers, I will make it up to you with a hug ok?

TLDR: I had a simple thought and expressed it.  Probably shouldn't have said anything.

1) I didn't name names.  Just made a general comment.  Why assume it was directed at you? It wasn't.  Not even squarely directed at anyone.  Just the cumulative feeling I had reading posts in general and a post here was kind of like the straw that broke the camel's back.  That post in general wasnt even that bad...but it was after reading a bunch of other ones.

2) I said I found it amusing.  No ruffled feathers.  No need for a hug.  It honestly makes me laugh and it happens all the time.   

In these forums, people with no clue give opinions and advice, frequently stated as fact. Its like walking past a bum and he gives you investment or retirement planning advice.  Now the bum may know what he's talking about, maybe he was an awesome financial advisor with a drug problem...no way for me to know.  But here, I can see everyone's stats in the forum.  If they have lots of games and even their recent stats are still red or even orange...I am not taking what they say seriously.  I don't care if they think the game is rigged, etc.  And some of the stuff they say...its comical.  It really is.  It would be like my 10-year old son telling me that I am investing my retirement funds wrong.

Its kind of like in game, at the beginning of the match.  Its frequently the red players pinging the map and telling tanks where to go.  They are lucky if they know which way to point the barrel and they are making it seem like they are the 2nd coming of Erwin Rommel.  And people follow what they say...Makes me laugh every time.  My favorite is on the Overlord map.  Inevitably you will have some top tier heavy player with dark red stats say: "I am going beach, who is going with me?"   Makes me laugh every time.

Its like the TD that camps base and now that his team is losing 10 to 3 fires on enemy tanks coming into his base.  Game ends and he is top 3 in damage and thinks to himself "Well I did my part, the rest of the team sucked".  Completely clueless.

I do dumb things in this game all the time.  Some games I completely suck.  I am a zero damage shi####.  But when I do I admit it and try to learn from it.  Lots of people in here don't.  You try to teach them to play better and you are lucky if they just close their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears.  The fun ones are the poo flinging monkeys.  They just hurl insults at you.  

Anyway, I probably should not have posted in the first place...and now I proably sound like some elitist stat [edited], so I will shut up.

BADGED_Qc #8 Posted Jan 09 2018 - 23:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10030 battles
  • [COGG] COGG
I suck To! But 1 out of 50 games i play like a unicum ;)

Worland #9 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 00:23

Major

• Players
  • 16671 battles
They're about to release a major upgrade to the game. Different game engine. All these old maps are staying, but getting an HD makeover. Look totally different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users