Jump to content


Review of the T32 Heavy Tank


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

Poll: The T32 Heavy Tank (195 members have cast votes)

Do you think the T32 is a good tank?

  1. Yes! (124 votes [63.59%])

    Percentage of vote: 63.59%

  2. No! (24 votes [12.31%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.31%

  3. Never used on but I want to. (46 votes [23.59%])

    Percentage of vote: 23.59%

  4. I'd never get one if you paid me. (1 vote [0.51%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.51%

Vote Hide poll

B_Gras #41 Posted Sep 18 2011 - 09:14

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6613 battles
  • 330
  • Member since:
    01-26-2011

View Postmmike87, on Sep 17 2011 - 20:53, said:

Had my best T32 game ever today. 7 kills:

Victory!
Battle: Steppes Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:10:49 PM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 3,678 (doubled for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 57,114
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Top Gun, Master Gunner, Reaper, Boelter's Medal, Sniper

I LOVE the T32 when it's a tier 8 game. In a tier 10 game, not as much.


View PostSquishinator, on Sep 17 2011 - 22:46, said:

Defeat!
Battle: Arctic Region, September 17, 2011 3:07:31 PM
Vehicle: T32
Experience received: 1,264
Credits received: 57,594
Battle Achievements: Top Gun,Sniper

Compare to my defeat, your payout is kind of low
Epic tank create epic income, that's the point. :Smile_great:
Its need a better gun though

nublex #42 Posted Sep 18 2011 - 13:39

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17549 battles
  • 2,992
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011

View PostVirgilHilts, on Sep 17 2011 - 06:11, said:

The damage is fine, it's an accuracy and penetration problem, plain and simple. The T5E1 is behind on both, the T32 and T34 need a new 105MM cannon, call it the T5E2, with 225 average penetration and 0.34 or even 0.32 accuracy. Same rate of fire, same damage, same aim time. Then it is directly comparable to the KvK 46 L68 on the Tiger II.
More bang every hit is just as good as more effective hits.

I am fine if T32 is suppose to be a big medium like T1HT, just make it so it is on equal footing as such.

If tanks just have very similar equipment we may as well go back to NEC, then it is totally fair.

Quote

Damage is wasted without accuracy and penetration. In order to do damage, first you must hit what you aim at, where you aimed, then you must penetrate. If you do not do both, it doesn't matter if you can do 1000HP damage, you'll do absolutely nothing.
Well, there is enough weak point on every tank to exploit with 198mm of penetration. Sure more accuracy and pen would help, but why have a crappy low profile KT instead of a KT? just for the ugly khaki paint job and the star?

Quote

"Damage Per Minute" is a completely useless statistic. In order for you to achieve "Damage Per Minute", you have to fire the instant a round is in the chamber, every time the cannon is loaded, you have to hit with every shot you fire, and you have to penetrate with every shot you hit. In most instances, especially with a heavy tank, it is nearly impossible to do that unless your only enemy can neither damage you, nor hide or get away.
Higher damage per minute is still a tactical advantage, it can be negate just like armour, speed, angle of projection etc.

Finally, I am merely giving my opinion for how I feel about the tank, I am no developer and what I say wouldn't translate in game; bitch about the penetration when the devs come up with their ideas to buff T32, not me.

Drive_Me_Closer #43 Posted Sep 18 2011 - 14:01

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 7300 battles
  • 639
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011
The only drawback to this tank is the 105 does not age well.  Tier 8s tend to see lots more 9s and 10s, and the 105 starts having problems dealing with those tanks, especially before the crew is 100%.  Of the tier 8s, the T32 has the weakest gun, on par with the KV5, and really only the turret armor is substantial.  Fortunately it is one of the most mobile heavies at that tier.

VirgilHilts #44 Posted Sep 18 2011 - 16:19

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles
  • 3,417
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010

View Postnublex, on Sep 18 2011 - 13:39, said:

More bang every hit is just as good as more effective hits.

I am fine if T32 is suppose to be a big medium like T1HT, just make it so it is on equal footing as such.

If tanks just have very similar equipment we may as well go back to NEC, then it is totally fair.


Well, there is enough weak point on every tank to exploit with 198mm of penetration. Sure more accuracy and pen would help, but why have a crappy low profile KT instead of a KT? just for the ugly khaki paint job and the star?


Higher damage per minute is still a tactical advantage, it can be negate just like armour, speed, angle of projection etc.

Finally, I am merely giving my opinion for how I feel about the tank, I am no developer and what I say wouldn't translate in game; bitch about the penetration when the devs come up with their ideas to buff T32, not me.



"More bang per hit" assumes you can hit and can penetrate, with 0.36 accuracy and 198MM average penetration, that is hardly the case.


Making the 105MM a decent cannon does not mean "all tanks should have very similar equipment", it just means the T5E1 isn't as powerful as it is supposed to be.


There are weak points on every tank, sure, the ability to exploit them does not always exist, you can only shoot what you can see and reach.


Who ever said the T32 is a "crappy Tiger II with a low profile and an ugly paint job"? Or that they wanted it to be one? It's olive drab, just so you know.


"Damage Per Minute" could possibly be a "tactical advantage", provided you can shoot the instant you get the shell in the chamber, and have every shot hit (accuracy) and do damage (penetration), which rarely, if ever, happens. It is a "tactical advantage" that is constantly negated.


If you're going to give your opinion, be prepared for people to question it, and be prepared to support it, that's just how it works.

nublex #45 Posted Sep 18 2011 - 18:17

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17549 battles
  • 2,992
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
Sure, I know how forum works, and you can disagree on it, but that applly to you as well.

I mean I can see your suggestion about the new 105 cannon everywhere, and I don't think it is bad, but I don't think it would be the best either.

That 'oliver darb' looks very yellow with the lighting in maps.

I ask for 'More DPM' because that seems to be 'perks' dev gave to US tank, and imo T32 is lacking in it.

mechsftw #46 Posted Sep 19 2011 - 01:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21856 battles
  • 748
  • [AYAYA] AYAYA
  • Member since:
    03-11-2011
the only problem with the t32 is its weakness to arty. it needs to take 25-40% LESS damage from all splash attacks and frontal arty hits. <_<

alexsyl007 #47 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 18:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 19451 battles
  • 2,073
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
I frigging love the T-29 but sorry to all T-32 fans somehow this tank is just not making it for me. I don't play premium and all but that's not the point. After 500+ battles in my IS3 I decided to grind the American heavy line to get the T34 before it becomes a premium. As soon as I noticed that the T32 has the same gun the T29 has at tier7 my hopes were slightly shaken. Anyway, I played through the T-29 and bought the T-32, spent some free xp and got all modules upgraded and began the ride to the T34. About 12K xp into this and I'm already shaky of whether to continue or not. I mean, the T-32 is a great tank playstyle wise, no doubt, but it's gun just doesn't cut it for me. I am not expecting the dps of the BL-9 but then the penetration is by far the worst of any of the tier8's and because I am not a sniper (I am always in the middle of the action)when I come face to face with a KT or a IS3, missing/bouncing one shot because of this gun's lower stats is making a big difference for me.
I am just planning to play the T29 and convert the free xp for the T34 occasionally playing the odd game with the T32 but grinding this tank to the T34 is IMO 'painful'. Any of you experienced T-32 players with good memories of this tank please share them with me on how to handle this guy....

Thnx..

VirgilHilts #48 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 20:03

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles
  • 3,417
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010

View Postalexsyl007, on Sep 21 2011 - 18:56, said:

I frigging love the T-29 but sorry to all T-32 fans somehow this tank is just not making it for me. I don't play premium and all but that's not the point. After 500+ battles in my IS3 I decided to grind the American heavy line to get the T34 before it becomes a premium. As soon as I noticed that the T32 has the same gun the T29 has at tier7 my hopes were slightly shaken. Anyway, I played through the T-29 and bought the T-32, spent some free xp and got all modules upgraded and began the ride to the T34. About 12K xp into this and I'm already shaky of whether to continue or not. I mean, the T-32 is a great tank playstyle wise, no doubt, but it's gun just doesn't cut it for me. I am not expecting the dps of the BL-9 but then the penetration is by far the worst of any of the tier8's and because I am not a sniper (I am always in the middle of the action)when I come face to face with a KT or a IS3, missing/bouncing one shot because of this gun's lower stats is making a big difference for me.
I am just planning to play the T29 and convert the free xp for the T34 occasionally playing the odd game with the T32 but grinding this tank to the T34 is IMO 'painful'. Any of you experienced T-32 players with good memories of this tank please share them with me on how to handle this guy....

Thnx..

Yep, you're suffering from "The T5E1 is not really a tier IX cannon" syndrome. Common malady. If the T5E1 were a real tier IX cannon, they would never let you mount it on a T29. For the exact reasons you give, lack of penetration.

I struggle with it myself. I do not find the Tiger II, or the Lowe, or the 4502 (A) to be a real problem, one on one, unless they are really good. The worst would be the Tiger II. It is mobile enough that, if well played, it is hard to get a good angle on the lower glacis or get to the sides or rear.  

However, I do struggle with the IS-3 and of course, the IS-4 and E-75. They can be difficult to penetrate, and difficult to flank.

The best I can do is try not to go anywhere that I'll end up quickly alone against superior numbers. I combine that with going where I can find decent cover, and have an opportunity to either flank my opponents, or at least get a decent shot at their sides. One other thing is that artillery seems to get a huge stiffy when they see a T32. I have to constantly remind myself to absolutely minimize my exposure to artillery fire. If I don't, 3-4 of them will zero in on my T32 and beat it without mercy. If I'm spotted in cover, or I even think I'm spotted, I make myself remember to move, and I try to think about having a better position in mind.

I had gotten to the point where I was losing near 60% of my battles, I went from 55% wins to 56% losses for a while. A lot of that came from just getting annoyed with it and running it anyway, and not playing well as a result. I stopped running the T32 regularly as soon as I got the T34 researched. I now run it for the daily double, and try to work with it and keep it at or above 50% for the session. So, if I pull it out for the daily double, I'll run it enough to get it to 50% or better for the night, but I'll take my time, even taking a break and/or running another tank, until I can get back on track and play it well. I find that if it even starts on a losing streak, I am far better off to stop playing it immediately, and either play another tank, or go grab something cold to drink. Losses seem to breed more losses, you get a bad match from the match maker, and/or don't play too well, and then it seems to be a repeating cycle. So I just stop and break the cycle. I find that a few minutes away or in another tank changes the match maker results, and eases the frustration level.

I love the T32. But like a couple of women, and a couple of race cars, that I've had, it doesn't always love me so much. When it is like that, I just park it. I come back when we aren't so annoyed with each other and see if we can do better.

nublex #49 Posted Sep 21 2011 - 21:03

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17549 battles
  • 2,992
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
I have less exp in this thing than you, and I don't think it is working out for me either, but a Billotte and scuffle an IS-3 to death with minimal damage makes me think.

I simply try to grind though it, since I don't enjoy T29 much.......105 is just not earth shattering and you bound to have 4 SPGs in high tier fight.

I keep doubting how can T32 be a tier 8 tank with front hull that can easily penetrated by tier 7 guns, very large foot print and 105mm that wasn't great even in tier 7.

It took me a while to discover that it have better acceleration then T29 despite having the damage engine;I also figure out 105mm is just not good for sniping when it is mount on a giant hull, and your team would lost a heavy in the front line.

So I start to get aggressive, get to where I can hit those weak spot with reasonable chance, or get to where I can 'hull down' while supporting the front line, or simply spotting. I led charges and held the line just like what a heavy tank should do. My win rate when from 35% to 47%.

While I did start without tracks (and stock 90mm), I start playing aggressive before I have the upgrade turret. The gun mantle on stock turret is more or less impenetrable, while shot around it can still pen and do damage, you are no worst than T29 because it is a smaller turret after all. You can still facehug most tanks if you protect your hatch.

Get to uneven part of the map, use your gun depression and decent acceleration to protect your hull. It is very hard to have the entire hull down while trying to shoot weak spots, but it is easy to ding some shots while popping out and back.

Hug them if opportunity arise.  One of my classic moment is in Prokhorovka, on the hill east side. The south team manage to get a KT, IS-3 and T28 on it, while I was leading a Panther and a VK3601 on north peak. I was trading shots with the IS-3, get it down to ~50% while I only take a shot from KT on ~85%, but the Panther and VK already on half health. As Hummel start to bombard them, I facehug the IS-3, who is smart enough to reverse, and the KT box me as I advance. I push them all the way to the southern peak where the T28 sit. Then they start concentrate fire on me as the IS-3 drop to 13%, but Panther and VK can hit the KT on the side of its turret and safe from the T28 and IS-3's gun. I dead before I can kill the IS-3, but shortly after all three of them die to concentrate fire of Panther, VK and Hummel. With 3 out of 4 tier 8 gone victory was swift.

While facehug full frontal is deadly in one on one, in group fight you can do it as well. The trick is to hug the most badass tank (if it isn't a T-54, Type 59 or IS-4), prevent them from fire freely, and hug in such a way that you can use your opponent as a shield. It doesn't always work, but if the odds are good you can get your group go though a bunch of enemy relatively unharmed.

I guess T32's strength is that it invites low tier tanks try to take you out instead of pick off other tanks in their own tiers, have a reliable turret that you know it can bounce all AP shots.

But I think I would still sell it after the grind because it wasn't exactly pleasant due to rather lackluster 105.

alexsyl007 #50 Posted Sep 26 2011 - 22:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 19451 battles
  • 2,073
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
Ok, I am playing through the T32 for my T34 in-spite of biting my lips, pulling out my hair and smashing my mouse once. I am now at 28k xp. I will continue to do so and probably end up breaking another pair of keyboard or mouse but for the love of God can someone tell me how not to get HE spammed with this thing. I mean, seriously? Hull down, hull up, side, front anywhere. Whenever any tank tier7 and below see me they switch to HE and first thing I hear is, "Gun is gone", "they hit our gun", "We can't fire accurately anymore". I was on the Artic map north end and all I had to do was hold the south road from 2 VK3601's and 1 T20, u'd say "meh, that should be easy" I thought so too but then first shot I hit one VK to decrese him by 40% he HE shells's me, my gun is gone, now I'm a sitting duck. I can't back out because arty is pounding me. Takes 6 secs to fix my gun, my gun becomes operational and I fire one shot, one VK dead. The T20 now fires a HE shell and my frigging gun is gone AGAIN....both the T20 and other VK make merry and chip off 60% of my hp. Finally 6 secs later (which seemed a lifetime) gun is operational, I am just about to fire at the T20 (that shot would have killed him) when he fires a HE shell and in the name of all Gods my frigging gun is taken out AGAINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! the T20 and VK make merry again and 10 secs later I'm dead.  
  I have 100K xp in my Lowe and if I had the means I would just frigging convert this xp and get to the T34 ASAP (short of some moolah now), but seriously, is it that hard with this tank. I have never had my gun taken out 3 times in a game before. Heck, for that matter I don't remember gun damage in any of my Russian tanks (and I moved from the MS1 to the IS4 through sweat and blood).
  I am 90% crew with toolkit included and rammer and Stabilizer. I am considering the spall liner but I seriously don't think it will do any good at that close range combat.
  Consider this as me begging you, for all those T32 fans out there, is there anything I can do with this tank to make my life at least a little easier and please not with the 'hull-down' thing again because most of the time I am not in a position for a hull down.
  Hey JD, I am sure u'r reading this. Some help here plzzz...

blurr91 #51 Posted Sep 26 2011 - 22:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 13949 battles
  • 2,551
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
I rarely encounter the T32.  I think it's one of the rarest heavies in the game other than gift tanks.  I see a lot of Tiger IIs, IS-3s, and of course, every high level match is not complete without at least a few Lowes.

I remember the one time I had a close encounter with one was a few nights ago when I was driving my IS-3.  I snuck up to one near the center town in Westside and put 2 rounds of 122mm into the side of it.  My friend was surprised at how fast I dispatched it and wonder if I was that good or the T32 that bad.  I said the tank was that bad since I was not that good.  I didn't 2-shot it, but those 2 shots took a lot out of it and the armor seemed pretty crunchy.

My IS-3 did not and still does not have the mighty BL-9.  It had the D-25T, I think.

DarthKirika #52 Posted Sep 27 2011 - 00:21

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7734 battles
  • 36
  • [WWPD] WWPD
  • Member since:
    05-15-2011
T32 is a decent tank other then it should have a new top gun that has comparable penetration to the BL9 or Tiger II 105.  The worse penetration really hurts when your playing higher tiers.

VirgilHilts #53 Posted Sep 27 2011 - 00:59

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16650 battles
  • 3,417
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010

View Postalexsyl007, on Sep 26 2011 - 22:02, said:

Ok, I am playing through the T32 for my T34 in-spite of biting my lips, pulling out my hair and smashing my mouse once. I am now at 28k xp. I will continue to do so and probably end up breaking another pair of keyboard or mouse but for the love of God can someone tell me how not to get HE spammed with this thing. I mean, seriously? Hull down, hull up, side, front anywhere. Whenever any tank tier7 and below see me they switch to HE and first thing I hear is, "Gun is gone", "they hit our gun", "We can't fire accurately anymore". I was on the Artic map north end and all I had to do was hold the south road from 2 VK3601's and 1 T20, u'd say "meh, that should be easy" I thought so too but then first shot I hit one VK to decrese him by 40% he HE shells's me, my gun is gone, now I'm a sitting duck. I can't back out because arty is pounding me. Takes 6 secs to fix my gun, my gun becomes operational and I fire one shot, one VK dead. The T20 now fires a HE shell and my frigging gun is gone AGAIN....both the T20 and other VK make merry and chip off 60% of my hp. Finally 6 secs later (which seemed a lifetime) gun is operational, I am just about to fire at the T20 (that shot would have killed him) when he fires a HE shell and in the name of all Gods my frigging gun is taken out AGAINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!! the T20 and VK make merry again and 10 secs later I'm dead.  
  I have 100K xp in my Lowe and if I had the means I would just frigging convert this xp and get to the T34 ASAP (short of some moolah now), but seriously, is it that hard with this tank. I have never had my gun taken out 3 times in a game before. Heck, for that matter I don't remember gun damage in any of my Russian tanks (and I moved from the MS1 to the IS4 through sweat and blood).
  I am 90% crew with toolkit included and rammer and Stabilizer. I am considering the spall liner but I seriously don't think it will do any good at that close range combat.
  Consider this as me begging you, for all those T32 fans out there, is there anything I can do with this tank to make my life at least a little easier and please not with the 'hull-down' thing again because most of the time I am not in a position for a hull down.
  Hey JD, I am sure u'r reading this. Some help here plzzz...


I can tell you this, the absolute last thing you want to do is use free experience to get TO the T34. Save every last bit of free experience you can for AFTER you get the T34, because nothing in this entire game sucks dog turds like a T34 with the stock turret and the T5E1 105MM cannon. If you think your T32 is gimped and has a hard time, you ain't seen suck until you've "made it" to the T34. <_<




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users