• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ChromeTron #1 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 05:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 6998 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

Hello all.

Long ago, there was a crew sound mod for WoT that was based off of the Tiger Ace from Company of Heroes. I personally did not get a chance to experience this mod as I did not attempt any mods until after the sound format change. I was hoping that somebody would eventually update the mod, but that just never happened. After much waiting, I have created the mod myself. This is my first sound mod and I have been testing it on my client for several days to make sure everything is in order. I am happy to report it seems to function as intended. I am trying my best not to reuse the same sound for different warnings, but I may have missed one or two. Please let me know if you find any. The only ones that I know most likely overlap are non-pen's and ricochets. I let that one slide as there is not much of a difference in the outcome of those two scenarios. Enough blog posting, here is the mod. Let me know what you think.

I may update this mod and tweak a few voices depending on feedback and play testing.

Install just like other voice mods (res_mods -> version# -> audioww)

CURRENT VERSION: 1.0

https://drive.google...fLV?usp=sharing

You may need to do a bit of adjustment to the crew volume, but it worked fine on my computer so /shrug

Summary:

-This mod replaces the standard (English?) crew voices with those of the Tiger Ace Crew of Company of Heroes 1 (the good one)

-Other nationalities will be unaffected. 

-There are six different voices in this mod, The Commander, The Gunner, The Driver, The Radio-Op, The Loader, and lastly, The Announcer.

-The Commander (Rank: Hauptmann), Maximillian Voss. Commander Voss gets the most lines in the pack as he is the commander and often the voice of the unit.

-The Gunner (Rank: Unteroffizier), Joseph Schultz. Schultz is often the voice of hits, bounces, etc. Anything involving the gun.

-The Driver (Rank: Gefreiter), Arno Schroif. Arno is the driver and handles all engine, fuel tank, and track related voicework. He is also the only crew member referred to by their first name.

-The Radio-Operator (Rank: Panzeroberschütze), Dieter Berndt. Berndt mainly supplies banter. 

-The Loader (Rank: Panzeroberschütze), Alfred Litzke. Litzke is similar to Berndt in that they both do not get many lines, but they do have distinct voices.

-The Announcer. I combined the voices of the standard Wehrmacht announcer and the Panzer Elite announcer and used them to narrate any lines involving death or platoon management.

P.S. 

I currently do not have plans to make any more sound mods, but depending on work and schooling I may begin recreating some of the other CoH sound mods, such as the Jagdpanther and Sherman / Pershing or possibly even a gun sound / music mod. These are merely ideas I am tossing around and I dont want to get anybody's hopes up.

Edited by ChromeTron, Jan 10 2018 - 06:01.

ChromeTron #2 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 06:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 6998 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

Almost forgot, here is a video showcasing it.

Edited by ChromeTron, Jan 10 2018 - 06:00.

SnowPanzer #3 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 11:54

Major

• Players
  • 43486 battles
  • [SPDA] SPDA

I have been waiting a longtime for someone to redo this one

Willster419 #4 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 03:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15260 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Nice work. +1

At your request, I have added it to the Relhax Modpack :)

SnowPanzer #5 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 10:07

Major

• Players
  • 43486 battles
  • [SPDA] SPDA
Your video is mute for me

Edited by SnowPanzer, Jan 12 2018 - 10:09.

ChromeTron #6 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 13:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 6998 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostSnowPanzer, on Jan 12 2018 - 04:07, said:

Your video is mute for me

The video works fine for me so I'm going to assume youtube did something involving regional censoring. 

Edit: Just checked and there are notices of it being censored or anything. I did notice the video is a little quiet so it might be necessary to turn up your volume a good bit.

Edited by ChromeTron, Jan 12 2018 - 14:11.

mrmojo #7 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 14:14

Major

• Players
  • 19724 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Volume on the vid is very low - turned everything up and could still barely hear it.

SnowPanzer #8 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 43486 battles
  • [SPDA] SPDA

Yes I am in Europe so that might be the issue.

Still a great en devour. I use it now. Had to adjust some volume settings in game but really a great effort.

Armacalic #9 Posted Jan 16 2018 - 04:22

Private

• Players
  • 21051 battles
  • [VERSE] VERSE
Are you taking requests by any chances? I'm solely missing the Sherman/Pershing voice mod and the Hellcat voice mod.

ChromeTron #10 Posted Jan 30 2018 - 00:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 6998 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostArmacalic, on Jan 15 2018 - 22:22, said:

Are you taking requests by any chances? I'm solely missing the Sherman/Pershing voice mod and the Hellcat voice mod.

I do not have anything in the works right now due to my extremely busy schedule, but I do plan on remaking the other CoH sound mods eventually. Like I said at the end of my first post, I don't want to get anybody's hopes up but I will try when I have spare time. As is, I rarely have time to play the game, let alone make a mod for it.

Gman2900 #11 Posted Mar 24 2018 - 18:26

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 31412 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostSnowPanzer, on Jan 12 2018 - 09:25, said:

Yes I am in Europe so that might be the issue.

Still a great en devour. I use it now. Had to adjust some volume settings in game but really a great effort.

Hey stranger, i see our taste for a lil bit of good soun mods haven't changed :}

Also tagged with mod, sound, Company of Heroes, CoH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users