Death of a Clan

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

IndygoEEI #1 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 11:36

Major

• Players
  • 53886 battles
  • [NA-CL] NA-CL

Where  should I start?  I think I should start with myself.

A couple days ago my CO told me something I didn't want to hear.  GUNS and it's collection

of clans was gone.  Now why does this matter to me?  Because I was in one of them.

Before I joined [XILES]. I was in GUNS6.  It was good time, but I still had an itch to scratch. 
Devil offered me a spot in his clan because of the competitive itch I had and I took it.  Yet

this isn't why I left but happened to the community I left.  I didn't know it at the time, but we

were bleeding players and not for a good reason.  What happened was persecution.

When I joined, Silver had a plan yet things changed.  According to the plan it was a slow

build up to good things.  I will not discuss the plan with you, but I will say the return to CW

going to T10 only changed the direction of the clan to be non-competitive.  After this change

the Guns Community was ok with this.  Unfortunately, some people from the outside didn't see

it that way.

A couple weeks before I left, I noticed people were "checking out".  Either less were in TS or

left the clan completely.  I honestly thought it was not a big deal.  Meanwhile, something else

was going on.  People were leaving and checking out because our players were being

harassed for being in GUNS.  They were given a lot of flak because they were perceived

wholly as "Bad players".  It was the whole WoT community that did this to them, regardless

of skill level.

How it started I will never know, but I do know this.  We didn't deserve this.  We didn't ask for

it.  We didn't even participate in CW (With the exception of Last event for reasons unknown

to me) to even have merit such.  I was hoping to go back one day after scratching the itch,

but I guess I can't.  The TS is gone and all the clans have been liquidated.  This isn't

something that should have happened.

If your a former Guns Member, feel free to leave your respects here.  I sincerely hope that

Silver and any other former guns finds good homes.   As for the rest of you involved in it's

demise....

YOU'RE ALL [edited]AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

_Gungrave_ #2 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 11:41

Major

• Players
  • 40806 battles
  • [DPIX] DPIX

If someone sucks at the game their clan is irrelevant in that discussion about them because their clan isn't making them a bad player.

Those who insult someone's clan are just looking for things to use in order to ridicule them.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Jan 10 2018 - 11:47.

Cognitive_Dissonance #3 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 11:48

Major

• Players
  • 38019 battles
  • [ANASS] ANASS

They were given a lot of flak because they were perceived wholly as "Bad players".  It was the whole WoT community that did this to them, regardless of skill level.

This is a first, blaming everyone outside of the CLAN for the clans demise. I have seen a lot, but this . . .

I have seen literally hundreds of clans come and go, it is usually a leadership failure.

You need to move on.

Fractured_Raptor #4 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 11:50

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19379 battles
  • [-RISK] -RISK
I never had an issue with GUNS personally, or any other clan. If MAHOU took in bad players to try and work them up, or just to be friendly and open, it wouldn't make them a bad clan. I don't think your CO should have shut things down over that, but it's his/her call to make. Sometimes people care a lot about their Clan/Group's image and it's disheartening to see it get chewed up. Keep on tanking GUNS and all of it's affiliates. Accepting bad players or lower class players never made you worse. It made you better. You'll be missed.

Edited by Fractured_Raptor, Jan 10 2018 - 11:52.

chxrokee #5 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 11:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6861 battles

was in guns/cartel briefly and there were definitely some quality players in those groups.

shame to see a good group of clans subside

Boxhawk #6 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 12:12

Major

• Players
  • 28049 battles
If I never heard of GUNS, am I still responsible for it's demise?

kebab6597 #7 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 13:12

Major

• Players
  • 54694 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Never had a problem with any GUNS members nor had I ever known about any strife they where getting, TBH this sounds more like a few mouthy individuals have been hounding the Commander of GUNS for whatever reasons and he has had enough and decided to just step away although I don,t see why he didnt just hand over to another officer

Anyway if any of your guys want a place to hang your all welcome to use our TS just come and introduce yourselves stay friendly and drama free and there wont be a problem, TS info below no password needed;

stainless.ts.nfoservers.com

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #8 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 13:16

Major

• Players
  • 73468 battles

I play this game a lot and read the forums a lot. I have never heard of anyone trashing GUNS in either media.

In any case, if there are one or two people that were doing this, is everyone in your clan so sensitive that they would leave the clan over it? I doubt that.

I am confused by your statements and suspect there is more to this story than you are a aware of or you are telling.

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 13:30

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

I joined GUNS6 with my most active account because I wanted to do mainly tier 6 (with occasional tier 8 acceptable) Strongholds battles in order to quickly and painlessly train several crews plus build up my credits bank.

They were a congenial bunch and things went well. I did have one or two players ask me "Why Guns ?"  I didn't think too much about it, but answered "Because they don't make me do boring clan wars".

Then... a couple of days ago... without any notice... my GUNS6 tag disappeared. I just figured I was kicked out for not being active enough. Reading this thread was the first time I knew that the whole 7 clan group had disbanded.

Joined a new group last night. They do tier 6 Strongs practically every night and are fairly laid back, so I'm liking being a part of the clan "TIER6".

And life goes on.

MacDaddyMatty #10 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 13:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 23913 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Being in a leadership position in a clan is A LOT of work.

Silversound is a decent dude, but I cannot fathom running 6 clans at one time - unless I won the lottery, the big one, and even then...

A lot of clans rise and fall.

Sometimes they phoenix from the ashes, so this may not be the swan song of GUNS.

Regardless, GL to all of the GUNS family.

This is a game, and we are all players.

We should have more of a kinship than we do.

YMMV

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Jan 10 2018 - 15:21.

Raxter54 #11 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 13:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9019 battles

View PostBoxhawk, on Jan 10 2018 - 12:12, said:

If I never heard of GUNS, am I still responsible for it's demise?

Ditto. Don't go blaming me for your clan's problems. Never heard of them... or any of the clans for that matter....

HowitzerBlitzer #12 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:07

Major

• Players
  • 14994 battles
My only interaction with GUNS was when I was invited to GUNS6 a few times after random battles.

Froderick22 #13 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 28817 battles
Wasn't there a separate subforum for clan related topics and issues?

BigDollarBillz #14 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 36250 battles
Can't recall ever seeing anyone from a guns clan getting trash talked in a battle.

__WarChild__ #15 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 16525 battles
  • [FGTVE] FGTVE

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Jan 10 2018 - 06:30, said:

I joined GUNS6 with my most active account because I wanted to do mainly tier 6 (with occasional tier 8 acceptable) Strongholds battles in order to quickly and painlessly train several crews plus build up my credits bank.

They were a congenial bunch and things went well. I did have one or two players ask me "Why Guns ?"  I didn't think too much about it, but answered "Because they don't make me do boring clan wars".

Then... a couple of days ago... without any notice... my GUNS6 tag disappeared. I just figured I was kicked out for not being active enough. Reading this thread was the first time I knew that the whole 7 clan group had disbanded.

Joined a new group last night. They do tier 6 Strongs practically every night and are fairly laid back, so I'm liking being a part of the clan "TIER6".

And life goes on.

George, you're play4funz?  Jesus Christos man, I see you all the time.  Congrats on Tier6, I love playing with MarineTanker and the rest of those fellas.  Tier 6 Strongholds are the most fun I have in WoT.

kebab6597 #16 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 21:45

Major

• Players
  • 54694 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostFroderick22, on Jan 10 2018 - 14:12, said:

Wasn't there a separate subforum for clan related topics and issues?

Yes there was and still is

Yankee #17 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 21:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 35815 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
F F F F F F

ISNomads #18 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 32990 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostIndygoEEI, on Jan 10 2018 - 02:36, said:

Where  should I start?  I think I should start with myself.

A couple days ago my CO told me something I didn't want to hear.  GUNS and it's collection

of clans was gone.  Now why does this matter to me?  Because I was in one of them.

YOU'RE ALL [edited]AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Yes, it is always everyone else's fault. None of the clan's players did anything wrong.

Look, if a clan gets a bad reputation, the common factor is the clan, not the random players. I am not saying that all GUNS players were bad, but I do recognize the clan from experiences with members doing dumb or selfish things. I have never trolled anyone due to clan affiliation, but I did have a more negative than positive perception based on observed performance.

Think about these factors that could contribute to the perception.

• People tend to remember the bad behavior more than the good so bad apples taint the bunch.
  • There were probably too many GUNS clans. The more people with the tags who could potentially be bad, the higher probability it would be noticed and attributed to GUNS in general.
  • Clans tend to be laissez faire about bad behavior so bad apples are probably able to hang around and do more damage to the reputation.

Maybe if the clan was not so visible, did a better job of controlling perception, and maybe if a subset of their players didn't do jerky things, the problem would not have been bad enough to warrant shutting down the clan?

On top of that, shutting down the clan may have just been an overreaction. You blame others for the clan being shut down, but have not detailed how the clan saw there was a problem, shut down many of the GUNS# clans to consolidate around a core of 1-2 groups of players willing to follow the clan rules and remain perfectly viable.

But if you want, you can keep blaming others.

ScrappyDH #19 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:25

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 34011 battles
  • [TIER2] TIER2

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 10 2018 - 10:41, said:

If someone sucks at the game their clan is irrelevant in that discussion about them because their clan isn't making them a bad player.

Those who insult someone's clan are just looking for things to use in order to ridicule them.

like when people are [edited]that tier 2 is bad for the environment!

unitedSWD1968 #20 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 7588 battles
  • [GNSLR] GNSLR
I always thought the GUNS group were decent players, sad to see if come down to this. You are always welcome over in our clan GNZ, GNZX2 and GNZX3. We participate in pretty much everything in the game. Have a good one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users