Loading Screen

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HarryTB #1 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 13:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5542 battles

Hello All,

A common piece of advice I hear a lot is; when the loading screen appears,look at the composition of your own and the  Enemy team and using this information plan your tactics accordingly.

Now I know that if the red teams has 2 Cromwells and I am in a Comet, I will not contest the Hill on mines, this is obviously a simple example. Alas that is about as much as I understand.

Can some experienced soul tell me what exactly I should be looking at and how, given this information, I should plan? Primarily playing Mediums atm.

(The closest YouTube guide I could find was Dauntless, but his excellent guide only covers the phase after the timer...)

thanks.

H

Critical_hit_chatbanned #2 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 13:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34183 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
Check out lemmingrush, he does a good job of talking it out. Some people read situations differently based on their strengths as a player but it would be a good start. 

Spartan_Striker #3 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 14:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25459 battles

Basically you want to predict where everyone goes based on what tank they are playing.

Put yourself in each of the enemy team's tanks quickly and think through where you would go in that tank.

Once you do that, you can cross off several areas of the map as unsafe, and choose to either play passively or aggressively accordingly.

Like Crit said above, watch LemmingRush. He will explain it all.

murdockwan #4 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:03

Captain

• Players
  • 24284 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostHarryTB, on Jan 10 2018 - 12:48, said:

Hello All,

A common piece of advice I hear a lot is; when the loading screen appears,look at the composition of your own and the  Enemy team and using this information plan your tactics accordingly.

Now I know that if the red teams has 2 Cromwells and I am in a Comet, I will not contest the Hill on mines, this is obviously a simple example. Alas that is about as much as I understand.

Can some experienced soul tell me what exactly I should be looking at and how, given this information, I should plan? Primarily playing Mediums atm.

(The closest YouTube guide I could find was Dauntless, but his excellent guide only covers the phase after the timer...)

thanks.

H

Look up Zeven on YouTube, go to his Game Reviews playlist. He covers this and more.

Awestryker #5 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:05

Major

• Players
  • 25154 battles

View PostCritical_Hit_chat_banned, on Jan 10 2018 - 07:55, said:

Check out lemmingrush, he does a good job of talking it out. Some people read situations differently based on their strengths as a player but it would be a good start. 

Here is a good Lemmingrush video where he does just that...talks about both teams compositions as a match is starting...

https://www.youtube....h?v=ETzFd_Muf9o

Its one match on one map, but the principle he describes can be applied to most maps as most maps have traditional "heavy" areas and traditional "medium" areas...

Edited by Awestryker, Jan 10 2018 - 15:07.

Feargrim27 #6 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11654 battles
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS

Can I make one of those jokes that aren't really jokes but rather truthful and just funny....

It isn't about reading the enemy's composition but rather reading your teams composition and spread at the start which will determine your actions which in terms will leave you to make better judgement.I am convince based on teams (not just lately) but for a year now, that it is 1v29 players.

moon111 #7 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:49

Major

• Players
  • 29722 battles

One thing you can consider is the gun depression on the various tanks.  I don't usually go valley on Lakeville with a heavy.  But I don't think it's that much of a stretch to find a low tier T29 work it.

A bunch of Russian heavies on the other team?  You might want to fight on any hilly side of the map.  You can predict where tanks are likely to go.  

If the enemy team has slow tanks, many times you can expect a 'stretch' in their lines.  You can sometimes out-muscle the first guy pushing up the flank.  (I've also played cat and mouse

with a faster tank, trying to do some initial spotting, but also luring the enemy to stop and shoot at me.  It can either 'stretch' their flank, or allow yours to get together, especially if there's a big

fat super heavy lagging behind.  

Mods: Pogs Contour Icon Set.  I reinstalled this when my son started playing.  He could read the armor values of the various enemy tank's turret and hulls.  In this way, he could already be thinking

about whether he should be hitting that Churchill or KV-1 in the turret or in the hull.  It can be helpful if you've climbed into tiers you're unfamiliar with as well.  Also, by checking your penetration 

values of your ammo types at the start if you don't already know, you might pre-plan what tanks you'll immediately start using premium rounds on.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #8 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 15:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
Just keep in mind some of these great players you watch on youtube are mostly concerned about increasing their WN8 and farming damage rather than helping their teammates survive and win together.  Everyone is free to play how they want, I suppose.

Edited by Thrain_Ironsword, Jan 10 2018 - 15:57.

HarryTB #9 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 17:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5542 battles

View PostAwestryker, on Jan 10 2018 - 18:05, said:

Here is a good Lemmingrush video where he does just that...talks about both teams compositions as a match is starting...

https://www.youtube....h?v=ETzFd_Muf9o

Its one match on one map, but the principle he describes can be applied to most maps as most maps have traditional "heavy" areas and traditional "medium" areas...

Thanks for finding that, I didn't fancy trawling through 45+ vids, lol.

apprciate all the replies so far.

HarryTB #10 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5542 battles

View PostSpartan_Striker, on Jan 10 2018 - 17:40, said:

Basically you want to predict where everyone goes based on what tank they are playing.

Put yourself in each of the enemy team's tanks quickly and think through where you would go in that tank.

Once you do that, you can cross off several areas of the map as unsafe, and choose to either play passively or aggressively accordingly.

Like Crit said above, watch LemmingRush. He will explain it all.

I just had 7 games, Putting this simple technique into practice and managed to win 5. Small sample size I know, but a good start. Thanks Spartan.

HarryTB #11 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 17:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5542 battles

View PostFeargrim27, on Jan 10 2018 - 18:34, said:

Can I make one of those jokes that aren't really jokes but rather truthful and just funny....

It isn't about reading the enemy's composition but rather reading your teams composition and spread at the start which will determine your actions which in terms will leave you to make better judgement.I am convince based on teams (not just lately) but for a year now, that it is 1v29 players.

Thanks, no matter what the system one uses to plan, there is that one constant and that's the unpredictability of players on both sides.

Spartan_Striker #12 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 18:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25459 battles

View PostHarryTB, on Jan 10 2018 - 10:48, said:

I just had 7 games, Putting this simple technique into practice and managed to win 5. Small sample size I know, but a good start. Thanks Spartan.

No problem!

You will have good days and bad days. There is no "winning card" that wins every game or always gives you good streaks.

You will notice your win rate going up the more you try-hard and focus on your gameplay :)

Watching streamers and youtube videos from guys like Anfield and LemmingRush have been the most helpful to me personally.

dunniteowl #13 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 18:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 20578 battles

Some general rules of thumb I use during the Load Screen:

Settings in your Game Client:  GeneralShow During Load ScreenSelect:  Show Mini-Map

Now, as your load screen comes up you have:

Team Lists for both sides (this is the Team Composition, listing the Hvy, Med, TD, LT & SPGs)

The Mini-Map enlarged for easy viewing (showing your spawn, the enemy spawn and the objective circle(s) )

Type of Battle:  Encounter, Assault, Standard, etc.

With this information, before the countdown timer ever even starts, you should be able to plan a series of potential courses of travel and where you think you might have the best chance to make contact.  Depending on how many of each type of unit you see in the Composition, you can adjust your expectations of where those units are most likely to be encountered.  You can examine the distribution of how many of which types of units you have in that list and then make a pretty decent guess most times of what is likely to be the initial layout of the opposing side.

With the Mini-Map displayed during the Load Screen, you get the additional information of which side of the map you're going to spawn, where the other side will generally spawn and where the objectives are -- and with it this way, you can literally begin planning your initial moves BEFORE you are even dumped into the match and watching the countdown timer...

If you have a team setup with a lot of HVY and MED tanks, you're looking at one sort of encounter, versus seeing a lot of LTs, TDs and MEDs, it's another story altogether.

This is what is meant by reading a team's composition.  The tier level of the units, their distribution and types will help determine your place in the mix as best as you can see it and then off to the battle.  It takes a bit of practice and you're busy as well, so don't get all too excited about learning it overnight.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Also tagged with Loading Screen

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users