Jump to content


Game is dying.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Unicorn_ #41 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:28

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5982 battles
  • 230
  • Member since:
    02-10-2015

View PostDuqe, on Jan 10 2018 - 22:54, said:

 

People have been posting threads about how they game is dying since 2012.

 

And since then the player base has declined and WG folded the US East and US West server into one server.

ShookYang #42 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:29

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9520 battles
  • 1,385
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 10 2018 - 13:34, said:

 

Just today, I've been on 7 teams and only on 2 winning teams.  This is actually better than usual.  28%  wnr today.  I have many days of 12% or so.

wotlabs has you at a 54.55% win rate in the past 24 hours.

 

In the past 7 days, your win rate is at 46.12%.  The past 30, win rate is 45.01%.  You're at 44.55% in the last 60 days.

 

Your overall winrate is at 45.09%.

 

Your claim of 28% win rate (and it being better than usual) does not seem to match what's being tracked by WG's API and 3rd party sites.


Edited by ShookYang, Jan 10 2018 - 23:31.


Dain_Ironfoot_ #43 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:29

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 20213 battles
  • 1,781
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    05-14-2014
The game is doing fine... and big graphics update in March will bring it up to date, fresh and new again in my opinion.  All these new "amazing" games out there don't keep my attention for long, maybe weeks or months but not years like WoT.

dominator_98 #44 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18943 battles
  • 3,106
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostSlim_Shadee, on Jan 10 2018 - 16:19, said:

 

As long as you have been posting this you could had half your gargae filled with tier Xs by now if you had of made a EU account. Dont wish the server to fail for any selfish reasons do you. Perhaps its your to lazy to go make that Nirvana EU account and work it up so its easier to think only of yourself an hope half the current NA population has no server to play on? Typical self centered Anime player.

 

1. It's the first time I personally have posted anything like this.

2. When I started playing this game I had no idea about the competitive scene and I'm not gonna ditch my progress and real dollars to pursue an EU account.

3. The only downside to an EU transfer is a ping increase, but I've talked to guys who play on EU and their ping is only 140 here. Most people could handle 140 ping easily.

4. The pfp is completely ironic. A real weeb would set it to his waifu from his favorite anime. Mine is just some random catgirl. You don't even have to scroll down on Google to find it.

 

Think before you post insulting someone.



cloudwalkr #45 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 53837 battles
  • 4,435
  • [SYNGZ] SYNGZ
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011
Wow, OP.  Wow.

Pongo #46 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:33

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23653 battles
  • 2,209
  • Member since:
    08-06-2010

Been here a while, started seeing posts like this in 2011 I think.

Not kidding.

There is nothing realistic in this game. It is a game. You would not like it if it was a simulation.

 



Waifu_o7 #47 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:33

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11791 battles
  • 695
  • [MAHOO] MAHOO
  • Member since:
    06-23-2014

View Postdominator_98, on Jan 10 2018 - 17:31, said:

 

1. It's the first time I personally have posted anything like this.

2. When I started playing this game I had no idea about the competitive scene and I'm not gonna ditch my progress and real dollars to pursue an EU account.

3. The only downside to an EU transfer is a ping increase, but I've talked to guys who play on EU and their ping is only 140 here. Most people could handle 140 ping easily.

4. The pfp is completely ironic. A real weeb would set it to his waifu from his favorite anime. Mine is just some random catgirl. You don't even have to scroll down on Google to find it.

 

Think before you post insulting someone.

 

Waifu you called eh?

Woebegoneslug #48 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:34

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21165 battles
  • 169
  • [H2OW] H2OW
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

View Postrufus374, on Jan 10 2018 - 22:47, said:

 

​Max peak online population for Central server to date is 27,968 players

 

So, while there has been about a 5.8% decrease in average players, there is no evidence that the numbers are dropping precipitously, as many would claim.

Well, you are wrong.   And yes,  the information is easily available online for anyone to check.  

 

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

 

From Jan 2014 to Jan 2018 the number of weekly players on the north american server (s) has dropped from nearly 300,000 to 180,000.  That's a drop of nearly 1/3 rd of total players.   That is hardly insignificant.   

 

By your own chart,   27,000 peak players on one day for the Central server.......BUT, the average daily since the servers combined is actually less than 18000 North Americans......the same people you reference above put it at 14000 daily.   but I do believe its a bit higher.  

 

I'm not going to parse words over the number of players.  The facts are obvious and really not up for debate.   

 

The all time high on North America is 42,000.  The record was the Soviet server and 78,000 which is listed in the Guinness book of records. 

 

That that that thas all folks. 



R_Razor #49 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8016 battles
  • 1,686
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 10 2018 - 17:34, said:

Well, you are wrong.   And yes,  the information is easily available online for anyone to check.  

 

http://wot-news.com/...rver/us/norm/en

 

From Jan 2014 to Jan 2018 the number of weekly players on the north american server (s) has dropped from nearly 300,000 to 180,000.  That's a drop of nearly 1/3 rd of total players.   That is hardly insignificant.   

 

By your own chart,   27,000 peak players on one day for the Central server.......BUT, the average daily since the servers combined is actually less than 18000 North Americans......the same people you reference above put it at 14000 daily.   but I do believe its a bit higher.  

 

I'm not going to parse words over the number of players.  The facts are obvious and really not up for debate.   

 

The all time high on North America is 42,000.  The record was the Soviet server and 78,000 which is listed in the Guinness book of records. 

 

That that that thas all folks. 

 

Maybe you should log on and play the game instead of posting in the forums and trying to look smarter than you are, that'd increase the number by 1 anyway. 

Woebegoneslug #50 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:41

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21165 battles
  • 169
  • [H2OW] H2OW
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

View PostShookYang, on Jan 10 2018 - 23:29, said:

wotlabs has you at a 54.55% win rate in the past 24 hours.

 

In the past 7 days, your win rate is at 46.12%.  The past 30, win rate is 45.01%.  You're at 44.55% in the last 60 days.

 

Your overall winrate is at 45.09%.

 

Your claim of 28% win rate (and it being better than usual) does not seem to match what's being tracked by WG's API and 3rd party sites.

 

Pretty funneeee,   my wnr TODAY is 28.   My average for the past year has been 45.  In fact, for almost two years it's been 45.   I cannot make it go up no matter how hard I try.   The only real way to improve wnr is to platoon with the same players and get really good at impacting the game. When I toon with some of my clan mates we can bump it up.  

the_Deadly_Bulb #51 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 20999 battles
  • 3,487
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

Here's a question.

Which are the most common threads here on this WoT forum, arty hate, MM hate, prammo hate, WoT hate (the "I'm leaving" thread), or "this game is dying"?



R_Razor #52 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8016 battles
  • 1,686
  • [_DDM] _DDM
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Jan 10 2018 - 17:42, said:

Here's a question.

Which are the most common threads here on this WoT forum, arty hate, MM hate, prammo hate, WoT hate (the "I'm leaving" thread), or "this game is dying"?

 

Because for the past several years, Americans have been conditioned to believe that everything should be easy, and when it's not you should whine because when you whine you get what you want. 

strenfoo #53 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:50

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12425 battles
  • 1,256
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

Nothing to see here folks.  This guy's been spewing the same garbage since he started.  You'd think someone would figure out how to win more than 45% of their games after 2 years and 20k games played.  Nope, he just likes to go to the forums and complain about how bad his teams are, the game mechanics he doesn't understand, etc.

 

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 10 2018 - 14:34, said:

2 years ago, it was common to have 40,000 to 80,000 players on.

 

No, it wasn't.  I started playing before you and it most definitely was not common for there to be nearly that many on the NA servers.  I'd say somewhere between 20k and 30k was common.  In other words, a little bit more than we typically see today.

Edited by strenfoo, Jan 10 2018 - 23:51.


Komitadjie #54 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:50

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 1635 battles
  • 2,167
  • Member since:
    11-10-2011
Arty hate, I think. Usually by the same dozen or so folks. Although it's a close run race.

rufus374 #55 Posted Jan 10 2018 - 23:51

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7039 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostRake, on Jan 10 2018 - 16:40, said:

 

Actually they used to get in excess of 30k players online peak - can't remember if there were two servers at the time though, as it may have been before they had an east and west server.

 

I have no doubt that population numbers were much higher several years ago.  However, the information in my copy/pasta was for the East/West servers from 1 Mar 17 to 30 Aug 17, when they went off-line, along with the Central server from stand-up to date. 

 

It is apparent that I was in error for including that information in this thread due to the limited date range, despite the fact that is clearly shows that the game population is essentially the same as a year ago and that the game is not dying.

 

 

 


Feargrim27 #56 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 00:02

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11638 battles
  • 154
  • [H4CKS] H4CKS
  • Member since:
    04-18-2014

Look at what you started OP.

 

Maybe you thought/think the game is dying but it isn't. The NA server does have a lower population now that it did back in 2012/2013.. yes, by how much? We don't know. But we do know that merging a server is primarily because of decreasing numbers. Interestingly enough, it was NA West that had attendance "issues", not NA East.

 

BUT lets put this into perspective. NA has one server now. For this side of the hemisphere, we're a total of 2 servers, NA and now LATAM. EU has a handful, RU has a crapton, I don't even know how many RU has.... but when you see the server list, it is vast.

 

The issue is us Americans think we are the center of the world (sometimes) especially in gaming. This game is not American and is CLEARLY dominated by foreign players, specifically in Russia, followed closely by the EU. We are a very small piece of that pie. 

 

Now I believe WG, and WG America know that they have a small issue that they are losing players on this side of the world, but the numbers aren't alarming and those "losses" are so small that clearly it isn't critical. In the end of the day although the NA server has the highest per player revenue stream, we are still dwarfed by EU.



_ARTIMUS_ #57 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 00:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13043 battles
  • 135
  • Member since:
    08-26-2011
Guys, there is only 1000 players online the rest are bots. :P

cloudwalkr #58 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 00:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 53837 battles
  • 4,435
  • [SYNGZ] SYNGZ
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View PostR_Razor, on Jan 10 2018 - 23:35, said:

 

Maybe you should log on and play the game instead of posting in the forums and trying to look smarter than you are, that'd increase the number by 1 anyway. 

 

That's ok, he can stay on the forums.

ShookYang #59 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 00:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9520 battles
  • 1,385
  • [5LINE] 5LINE
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 10 2018 - 14:41, said:

 

Pretty funneeee,   my wnr TODAY is 28.   My average for the past year has been 45.  In fact, for almost two years it's been 45.   I cannot make it go up no matter how hard I try.   The only real way to improve wnr is to platoon with the same players and get really good at impacting the game. When I toon with some of my clan mates we can bump it up.  

Your original claim was that 28% win rate was one of your better gaming sessions.  There's a very big difference between 45% win rate and 28% win rate.

 

Win/lose streaks come and go.  Perhaps you need to evaluate your play style and find someone who is willing assist with training you, not just platooning with you.

 

Looking at your damage, exp, and wn8, it looks like they are all steadily improving.  You just need to work on putting yourself in better positions and improving your micro-positioning (such as, instead of fighting over a corner, reposition yourself to get a cross shot).



SenaKashiwazaki #60 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 00:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15440 battles
  • 2,041
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-
  • Member since:
    06-09-2015
Can I have statistics or proof that the game had 40K-80K players.... Also want proof to show the game is dying..... Without proof.... then this topic is useless.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Runicenchanter