Jump to content


Light tanks are broken


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Harbinger1 #21 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 06:54

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 10903 battles
  • 35
  • [O-C] O-C
  • Member since:
    07-17-2011

View PostKnagar, on Jan 11 2018 - 01:58, said:

Well we have different views on broken. I personally think they are over powered, but for all of the wrong reasons. As you pointed out, they have awful view range, but they are no stranger to top damage and top kills during matches. To me that isn't acceptable for a light tank, top kills maybe, if they do a lot of mop up. I think a lot of that is down to the poor view range, if you can't be of use at one thing, be of use at another, and if zipping around getting mass amounts of damage and kills is all you can do, git er done I guess.

 

overpowered how? literally the only thing they have is CAMO but with pretty much everything else having better view range, it is not much help. light tanks are not consistently doing top damage. you are talking about niche players who are great in everything. i mean seriously...this is the type of insanity that got them nerfed in the first place...unicums play that tank and its OP...um no. unicums do well because they are literally pros at the game and know the best spots to go, and have mastered the game mechanics. 

 

LT exist IOT spot. In this game Mediums actually are better spotters than LT's ffs. and tipping over super easy, with crappy gunhandling, pen and ROF all essentially ruin this class. unfortunately WG is going to take like 2 years before they do anything about this  (*if they ever do). i can see it now...:"we noticed that not many are playing LT's...so we decided to make them more competetive by giving them better viewrange...i mean seriously how the F@#$% can someone say a tier x LT with 400 plus view range is OP when most tier tens already have 400 view range in the first place. lights don't have any armor so when they are spotted.=dead. meds have some armor to protect them and a vastly superior ROF/PEN/Accuracy. 

 

Even the better streamers and players have all been saying that WG had LT's right at first..and then essentially ruined them with nerfs because of whining on the test server. this is what happens when a company listens to the whiny and vocal minority....RIP lights...i am going to very rarely play mine bc they are so frustrating....outspotted...multiple rounds bounce/miss despite being aimed in, firing on the move is crap, flipping over, crappy pen, crappy DPM, no armor and terrible gun handling...oh ya they are real OP alright....FFS why don't you just ask WG to remove them from the game and compensate the poor slobs like myself who actually wasted credits on buying them....

 

 



Trigger_Happy_Jax #22 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 08:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32265 battles
  • 831
  • [STK-R] STK-R
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012
Roll-over physics are an abomination.  I cannot express how much I despise the trash physics in this game without getting a forum ban.

ThePigSheFlies #23 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 63045 battles
  • 16,134
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostAknazer, on Jan 10 2018 - 19:56, said:

 

Doesn't change the fact that LTs very much have multiple issues, especially the T10s.

 

the 8s and 10s have issues.

 

the 7s and 9s are actually reasonably fun to play, even in this crappy map meta, in small doses. 

 

in fact, since I got back from california they're about the only thing I've been playing when I do bother to log on.  the only reason for the tier 10s is possibly clanwars/campaigns/grandbattles.  and given their many issues, not the least of which is two of the most popular losing a crew member when one moves from tier 9 to 10 I haven't bothered to acquire them on my live account, only playing all of them heavily on common test.

 

they're fun enough with 6-7 perk crews...  which should illustrate the problem well enough....

 

 

View PostKnagar, on Jan 10 2018 - 19:58, said:

Well we have different views on broken. I personally think they are over powered, but for all of the wrong reasons. As you pointed out, they have awful view range, but they are no stranger to top damage and top kills during matches. To me that isn't acceptable for a light tank, top kills maybe, if they do a lot of mop up. I think a lot of that is down to the poor view range, if you can't be of use at one thing, be of use at another, and if zipping around getting mass amounts of damage and kills is all you can do, git er done I guess.

 

​my bet, is that you aren't seeing average and below average players as "top damage and kills" consistently, especially in the upper tiers.  the majority of folks that consistently are "top damage and kills" consistently would do the same in mediums.  implying that it's not a tank, but a player issue...

 

LTs are already gimped compared to meduims in terms of carrying consistency due to less armor, less hps, worse gun handling, worse penetration, all while funneled the majority of time into tiny, funnel, brawling maps, and you think they're "over powered" and "unacceptably too often acting as damage dealers"?!

 

what a crock.  show the statistics backing up your claim.  rather, it's far easier to head over to wotinfo and see that stupor heavies such as the Maus, or the Type5 are still grossly over performing in this funnel map meta



Rush_91 #24 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 15:09

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 10071 battles
  • 963
  • [FATED] FATED
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016
I wouldn't be against giving tier X LTS 450-500 view range so they can actually out spot mediums.

SteelRonin #25 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 15:22

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 22745 battles
  • 4,218
  • [SAKAI] SAKAI
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010
Well, I prefer my 13 105 over my Batchat for the simple reason the bat chat is a target that everyone wants to shoot at.....as soos as you get spotted in a batchat, all the enemy team move their guns towars you to take easy shots/dmg to increase the WN8....at least the 13 105 is a low profile tank...

Says #26 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 15:24

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 12154 battles
  • 741
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013
The view range is frustrating!!

Aknazer #27 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 15:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 18365 battles
  • 3,651
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jan 11 2018 - 14:33, said:

 

the 8s and 10s have issues.

 

the 7s and 9s are actually reasonably fun to play, even in this crappy map meta, in small doses. 

 

in fact, since I got back from california they're about the only thing I've been playing when I do bother to log on.  the only reason for the tier 10s is possibly clanwars/campaigns/grandbattles.  and given their many issues, not the least of which is two of the most popular losing a crew member when one moves from tier 9 to 10 I haven't bothered to acquire them on my live account, only playing all of them heavily on common test.

 

they're fun enough with 6-7 perk crews...  which should illustrate the problem well enough....

 

I agree that several of them can be fun to play, but fun doesn't mean they don't have issues.  I find T7 to be the sweet spot because you don't see T10, most enemies don't have very many skills/perks, and meds haven't hit their stride yet compared to higher tiers.

ThePigSheFlies #28 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 15:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 63045 battles
  • 16,134
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostRush_91, on Jan 11 2018 - 09:09, said:

I wouldn't be against giving tier X LTS 450-500 view range so they can actually out spot mediums.

 

this will sound to some like I'm being wishy washy, but if the tier 10s all simply had 400m to 410m base view range, and let the player base augment that with crew skills, equipment, food and directives that is probably sufficient with their large camo on the move bonus.

 

450-500 base and literally nobody would run optics on them, ever, and even more players wouldn't even consider intel as a goal, especially because countering scouts would just as easily light up one of those players that likes to play forward from a safer location.

 

 

View PostAknazer, on Jan 11 2018 - 09:26, said:

 

I agree that several of them can be fun to play, but fun doesn't mean they don't have issues.  I find T7 to be the sweet spot because you don't see T10, most enemies don't have very many skills/perks, and meds haven't hit their stride yet compared to higher tiers.

 

​the 7s and 9s are both also often top tier, something I normally don't care for as a LT, but that seems to be the way wargaming wants to balance them.  the old M41 Bulldog as a tier 8 with the single pop gun is playable to an extent.  in a tier 10 match, on a funnel map, with the ~4s reload for ~170 alpha it has no fear factor, or fun factor.



Dead_Zombie #29 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 16:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 35527 battles
  • 3,128
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View PostHarbinger1, on Jan 10 2018 - 23:54, said:

 

overpowered how? literally the only thing they have is CAMO but with pretty much everything else having better view range, it is not much help. light tanks are not consistently doing top damage. you are talking about niche players who are great in everything. i mean seriously...this is the type of insanity that got them nerfed in the first place...unicums play that tank and its OP...um no. unicums do well because they are literally pros at the game and know the best spots to go, and have mastered the game mechanics. 

 

LT exist IOT spot. In this game Mediums actually are better spotters than LT's ffs. and tipping over super easy, with crappy gunhandling, pen and ROF all essentially ruin this class. unfortunately WG is going to take like 2 years before they do anything about this  (*if they ever do). i can see it now...:"we noticed that not many are playing LT's...so we decided to make them more competetive by giving them better viewrange...i mean seriously how the F@#$% can someone say a tier x LT with 400 plus view range is OP when most tier tens already have 400 view range in the first place. lights don't have any armor so when they are spotted.=dead. meds have some armor to protect them and a vastly superior ROF/PEN/Accuracy. 

 

Even the better streamers and players have all been saying that WG had LT's right at first..and then essentially ruined them with nerfs because of whining on the test server. this is what happens when a company listens to the whiny and vocal minority....RIP lights...i am going to very rarely play mine bc they are so frustrating....outspotted...multiple rounds bounce/miss despite being aimed in, firing on the move is crap, flipping over, crappy pen, crappy DPM, no armor and terrible gun handling...oh ya they are real OP alright....FFS why don't you just ask WG to remove them from the game and compensate the poor slobs like myself who actually wasted credits on buying them....

 

 

 

lul +1

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #30 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 17:59

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12081 battles
  • 1,210
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    05-07-2015

View PostFeargrim27, on Jan 11 2018 - 01:58, said:

I do wish your title was most specific, I almost thought this was a whine thread.

 

 

 

Well, it is calling into question some questionable things which many people consider whining. 

 

Whining, to many people, is anyone calling into question anything no matter how legitimate.  They would consider people being tortured on the rack complaining about the pain as whiners.



Flarvin #31 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 20:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 50456 battles
  • 12,373
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostSays, on Jan 11 2018 - 09:24, said:

The view range is frustrating!!

 

Why?

 

I have no problem out spotting most tanks in my lights. Having the right equipment and crew skills really helps. 



Says #32 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 21:11

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 12154 battles
  • 741
  • Member since:
    11-16-2013
Its not usually so bad except when you are bottom tier.  The Meds see me about the same as I see them for the most part.

Flarvin #33 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 50456 battles
  • 12,373
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostSays, on Jan 11 2018 - 15:11, said:

Its not usually so bad except when you are bottom tier.  The Meds see me about the same as I see them for the most part.

 

I don’t have that problem. 

 

About the only time I get spotted, is when I get impatient and shoot.



Woebegoneslug #34 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 01:36

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 21165 battles
  • 169
  • [H2OW] H2OW
  • Member since:
    12-31-2015

most light tanks are an abomination.  They are overpowered in every respect now.   

 

When I shoot a light tank with a tier 10, 155mm gun,  in a heavily armored TD it shoud..... DIE.  Simple as that.  There is no reason that vehicle should be able to continue to drive around willy nilly like a red ant on meth circling and shooting me until I am dead while I waddle around and try to reload.   

 

Simple as that.  Light tanks are ruining the game.   IF you want to drive around willy nilly, ramming and shooting crapyou should play mario kart.  



leeuniverse #35 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 21:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 32923 battles
  • 6,976
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 11 2018 - 17:36, said:

most light tanks are an abomination.  They are overpowered in every respect now.   

 

When I shoot a light tank with a tier 10, 155mm gun,  in a heavily armored TD it shoud..... DIE.  Simple as that.  There is no reason that vehicle should be able to continue to drive around willy nilly like a red ant on meth circling and shooting me until I am dead while I waddle around and try to reload.   

 

Simple as that.  Light tanks are ruining the game.   IF you want to drive around willy nilly, ramming and shooting crapyou should play mario kart.  

 

LOL NO.....

 

If you think Lights are "op" now then the problem you're actually describing is not Lights being the problem but most OTHER tanks being the problem, aka being CRAP.  So, you only think lights are "op" because everything else has become so CRAP now it just seems lights are op.  In a way you're right, because they are almost the only tanks left that can actually "flex" anymore.  Mediums used to be able to flex, now they can't because they are so SLOW, and many other "performance" nerfing issues by Wargaming to all tanks of the game.



Lil_Bunny_FooFoo #36 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 22:22

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 16686 battles
  • 578
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014
I don't like the fact that the spotting has been nerfed, as that was a large part of what light tanks used to do.  And coupled with the removal of so much cover from many maps, and the corridor nature of others, light tanks don't seem to have as much of a role anymore.  The clown-car physics are annoying, but not nearly as bad as the fact that you really can't spot like you used to.  The accuracy/damage nerf make sniping and much of the skirmishing futile as will.  I still play lights, but it isn't nearly as much fun as it used to be.

ThePigSheFlies #37 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 22:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 63045 battles
  • 16,134
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostWoebegoneslug, on Jan 11 2018 - 19:36, said:

most light tanks are an abomination.  They are overpowered in every respect now.   

 

 



the_Deadly_Bulb #38 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 21050 battles
  • 3,495
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

Your LTs are broken?

Mine are all working fine. :trollface:



BillT #39 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 26625 battles
  • 3,787
  • [F-3] F-3
  • Member since:
    08-13-2010

View PostRush_91, on Jan 11 2018 - 09:09, said:

I wouldn't be against giving tier X LTS 450-500 view range so they can actually out spot mediums.

 

What I'd like would be an equipment that acts like Coated Optics plus Binocs, and is only available for light tanks.  It's dumb that you either have to mount both or decide in advance whether you'll be an active or passive scout.  Then you can still mount vents and a rammer or stabilizer.

Flarvin #40 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 23:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 50456 battles
  • 12,373
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View PostBillT, on Jan 12 2018 - 17:27, said:

 

What I'd like would be an equipment that acts like Coated Optics plus Binocs, and is only available for light tanks.  It's dumb that you either have to mount both or decide in advance whether you'll be an active or passive scout.  Then you can still mount vents and a rammer or stabilizer.

 

What? 

 

That is part of the equipment choices. There does not need to be ways you can get all the equipment you wish to have. 

 

I make a choice on my lights, like most other classes. If I’m running as a scout and the light is tier ~6 or less, then I run vents, binos and optics. For maximum spotting distances passive and active. About tier 7 and above, I merely run optics. Because most lights those tiers have high enough view ranges to reach max spotting distance  with optics alone. 

 

Crew skills are all geared toward camo or spotting where possible. 

 

As such i rarely have problems scouting and getting spotted. Outside a suicide red doing a scout run. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users