• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

3nr0n #141 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 01:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15568 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

View Postuberdice, on Feb 21 2018 - 01:55, said:

You really don't need skilled crews to seal club. Tank parameters are so poor, and base DPM is so high compared to hp, that all you need is a basic understanding of vision and literally just how to aim and you can club hard with even a 75% crew.

I am currently going up the Japanese line and have the Type 97 Chi-Ha I placed a 75% trained crew in it.  I am running vents(+10 to skills) cammo net and binos,  The crew does not have any skills just a "mail order" crew.  The tank is really fun and as soon as I have killed a T18 that I have missed on my way to getting USA expert I will be climbing up the ladder.  Since I have some bit experience in game play I am doing pretty well, not trying to club seals just grinding a tank and trying to kill the T18 that sooner or later will be on the enemy team.

n00bfarmer #142 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 04:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles
Go watch some live streamers and you will see why veteran (skilled) players are jaded. They consistently get top xp and damage on their teams and still get loss streaks and xvm focused by arty. Veteran players are getting tired of carrying all the "play for fun" players who don't help get wins. Quickybaby uses xvm in game and you can see in most of the battle results where the red/orange wn8 players scored on the bottom. They fill the bottom half of the battle results score screen in almost every battle. Those one shot wonders are the first ones to insult their allies and teams on losses. Veteran players are just getting sick of all the hypocrisy from those players. If a player can't score in the top 5 slots for xp earned on his teams, he should not be calling his teams bad when he is part of the reason for a team losing.

Son_of_Sam_47 #143 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 09:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 126 battles

View Post2BigBear, on Jan 10 2018 - 18:52, said:

Somebody please explain to me why guys with a 4000 plus rating and 15,000 plus battles (I saw one guy today had 40K battles) is playing tier 1-3 tanks?

It would at least be nice if premium ammo were banned from tiers 1-3.  There's no need for it and it's obvious the veteran players can afford it while the noobs don't stand a chance against them.  :(

Ape_Drape #144 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 18:56

Captain

• Players
  • 38996 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View Postuberdice, on Feb 19 2018 - 07:51, said:

This doesn't actually make sense, since low tiers are weighted poorly in the WN8 calculation. If anything, win% is padded easily in low tiers, but WN8 is far from being the focus. Not to mention that the only people who would be impressed by seal clubbing stats are either bad players or seal clubbers themselves, since it's really obvious when someone's stats are heavily influenced by seal clubbing.

If you really wanted to pad WN8, you'd pick a tier 7-9 tank and use it to farm all the clueless scrubs in tier 7 and 8 prems, and all the scrubs who rushed up the tiers. A scrub in a tier 2 is what, 200 hitpoints in a tank that still has enough dpm to punish a bad seal clubber since nobody has any survivability and all the maps are knife fights, whereas a scrub in a Tiger is 1600hp of free damage to everyone around him who can't retaliate because he's either out of position, doesn't know how to aim, or both.

But that doesn't suit the victim narrative, I suppose.

It might not move the WN8 much, but it moves the Win Rate a lot more. Gives them all those medals that they can't earn playing against people that have been playing a while. Most of them are tomatoes and pumpkins with 30k + games. They can't hang with the big boys so they kick puppies.

Ape_Drape #145 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 19:08

Captain

• Players
  • 38996 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Feb 16 2018 - 20:01, said:

A new player who buys a T-VIII Premium before they know the game is just a damage piñata and concrete overshoes for their team.

Your comparison is a bit foolish.

New player in lower tiers gets destroyed by seal clubber, but at least the seal clubber was in a tank they could have done something against if they weren't a lamb all alone with a wolf (don't go alone new players. 2 or 3 guns is ALWAYS better than 1).

Good at this point to remember that the lower tiers are now only +1 in MM. That T-VIII Premium the new player bought will not be treated the same way in MM. Even if it is a PMM Premium anyone with more than a few battles in the higher tiers knows without question that the biggest difference in the higher tiers is that there you get sent to the garage for mistakes. Almost any mistake will be your end. You seldom get a second chance in those tiers, especially when you have little or no experience with WoT.

New players who think they would be better off just escaping the seal clubbers by purchasing their way to T-VIII are just deluding themselves, dragging their teams down and providing damage pinatas to their opponents. This, even more than the seal clubbers frustrates new players and sends them packing with the attitude that they were ripped off by WG because now they spent real money on this free to play game and still lost. Of course that is just sour grapes, but its a valid impression to the unknowing new player.

Perception can become your reality, even when its incorrect.

Sorry Miklkit but as much as you want to believe seal clubbers are ruining the game this just isn't so.

They may ruin the game for, and drive away, a few thin skinned players who weren't really interested in learning the game in the first place.

There were as many or more seal clubbers when I started, and they chewed great holes out of my noobalicious tanks every time they saw me.

It didn't drive me away, it made me stronger. I took it as a challenge.

Some people rise to a challenge. Others curl up and cry or just walk away.

WoT is a game, I came to (try) to win.

You can play it anyway you like, continue to point elsewhere to rationalise your losses or take the time and make the effort to improve your WR.

I honestly don't care personally.

Damage piñatas are always welcome (on the other team)!

This is some long winded [edited]. We're not just talking about a difference in skill and experience. There are people with 10s of thousands of battles running around with vents, camo and binocs , and multi skilled crews in LOLTraktors running around throwing prammo at new players. If you have binocs and a 100% crew in an LOLTraktor on Mittengard, congrats! You just earned the Scout medal before the counter even finishes.

It's scummy and it needs addressed. Some of these new players aren't being outclassed, they're being outspent by [edited]ters who can't cut it at the level their # battles says they should be at.

This is why there is no new DNA mingling in WoT's gene pool. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #146 Posted Feb 22 2018 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 20960 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostApe_Drape, on Feb 22 2018 - 10:08, said:

This is some long winded [edited]. We're not just talking about a difference in skill and experience. There are people with 10s of thousands of battles running around with vents, camo and binocs , and multi skilled crews in LOLTraktors running around throwing prammo at new players. If you have binocs and a 100% crew in an LOLTraktor on Mittengard, congrats! You just earned the Scout medal before the counter even finishes.

It's scummy and it needs addressed. Some of these new players aren't being outclassed, they're being outspent by [edited]ters who can't cut it at the level their # battles says they should be at.

This is why there is no new DNA mingling in WoT's gene pool.

Camo and binos require 1 maybe 2 sets of each.

They require no gold to move and there is a mod that will share them among all your tanks.

If WG didn't want vents used on low tiers they wouldn't be available.

Players will play wherever and at whatever tier they please.

There is no impediment to this and never was.

MM is now +1 until T-IV, it was previously +3 for scouts for as long as I have played until the addition of T-X scouts and MM was changed for LTs.

Prior to my arrival MM had an even larger tier spread.

Play what you like as you like.

I will too.

FYI I could care less what you think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users