• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

SenaKashiwazaki #21 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 16148 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-

View PostHarryTB, on Jan 10 2018 - 23:21, said:

Really? How long does it take to grind a line to T4 if you have 20k battles under your belt? 

Even if you chose not to free XP, for whatever reason, with a booster we are looking at 4-5 games max.

Please dont defend Seal clubbers, it's arguably one of the worst aspects of the game.

Lol Never was defending them....  you so silly. <3

strenfoo #22 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12425 battles

View Post2BigBear, on Jan 10 2018 - 19:52, said:

Somebody please explain to me why guys with a 4000 plus rating and 15,000 plus battles (I saw one guy today had 40K battles) is playing tier 1-3 tanks?

Veteran players aren't allowed to grind new lines or simply play whatever tanks they like?

KingAuthur #23 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2184 battles

the real seal clubbers are the ussrdevs with there undr tiered ussr tanks.like the kv1 -kv2-is152-defender and so on

they ruined the game for all non ussr players

RumRunner151 #24 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 07:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30150 battles

1) WG keeps giving low tier prem tanks

2) I don't have even a mid tier Prem USSR LT to use for crew training, much less a 7 or 8. 

Don't hate the player, hate the game <shrug> 

PS we have to play tiers 4-6 to get daily missions done.  Again...

Edited by RumRunner151, Jan 11 2018 - 07:45.

shaolinsarge #25 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 13:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 22903 battles
  • [-FBB-] -FBB-

As said above; it isn't against rules, what's the problem ? :trollface:

Pay the price to enhance your garage and goals in game. But dont stay complaining about your wrong early opinion about game. Without at least 5k Battles you haven't enought game experience to do a right analisys. And remember it's a game, enjoy the ride that you choosen without to be an acid salty boy( in chat game, forum etc...)

GL commander see you in battlefield.

Dain_Ironfoot_ #26 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20214 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I just love playing all of those old tanks a few times a week, especially when I get tired of playing the same three tier 8-10 tanks over and over again - going against the same 5 meta tanks over and over again.   I really like the old machines and the way they look a lot better than many of the higher tier tanks.  There's always some seal-clubber on the other team that needs to be counter-balanced anyway.  ;)

TankFullOfBourbon #27 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:26

Major

• Players
  • 24794 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

OP, I feel obliged to answer that.

I play very little tier 1-3 but I have played 20 or so games in the last month or so. Why? Because I received two new tier III tanks: the T-29 and the Locust. The T-29 just a few games but I have used the Locust somewhat to train my US light crew. It is my only US light premium. But the crew setup is bad so it doesn't help much.

However, considering how many <4000 battle players I have to play against at tier 7-10 I think my contribution to tiers 2-4 is a pretty small payback.

tow2_b #28 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19638 battles

And btw OP: there is supposed to be a MM feature in place that keeps players below a certain battle count (not sure I remember what that number was, maybe someone else will know) in their "own" battles with similar non-veteran players. So basically, it is supposed to give new players a safer place to learn to play at the low tiers, without having them mixed in with veteran players... Last I remember someone talking about this on these forums, I believe the consensus was that this feature is not really working because of the lower population, especially at low tiers.

Take it with a grain of salt - but it was supposed to keep the pathetic seal-clubbers off the new guys long enough to let them gain some proficiency before being thrown out into the deeper end. (and I'm not calling out folks who occasionally play low tiers for whatever reason, or are grinding new lines etc -- purely directed at the professional seal-clubbers, especially those that actually platoon as clubbers)

el_mucho_dingdong #29 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:37

Captain

• Players
  • 23370 battles
  • [NCA] NCA
There is nothing wrong with playing the lower tiers. At least you dont have to worry about losing 50k every match in low tier battles.

Darkbee2Bee #30 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 14:57

Major

• Players
  • 32970 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostTsarCidron, on Jan 10 2018 - 22:08, said:

Some players have that one tank that they just like at lower tiers.

Some players may be escaping the poor teams (in their impression) at middle and/or higher tiers.

Some players are done with the concentration, focus, intensity of higher tiers and just want to cut lose and have a little fun driving a go-cart with a machine gun on it.

Some players may be platooning with a noob friend that they are introducing the game to.

Some may be test-driving the new low tier reward tank that Wargaming just dropped into the garage.

Some may drive their low tier golds just to get that one more 'crew training' battle.

Pick one, pick several, add your own reason.

^ This pretty much sums it up.  Maybe add to it that Wargaming has given away numerous low tier gift tanks over the years and veteran tankers would like to try out those tanks too.

Yes, there are "professional" seal clubbers but I think they're the exception rather than the rule.  I'm not opposed to playing down in the lower tiers for any and all of the reasons given above but I don't stay there long.  However, all it takes is one battle and you could see me there (and maybe assume that's where I like to hang out).

Consider that in every battle you play, no matter what tier, there will always be someone more experienced, with better crews and better equipment.  It's rare that you'll ever be top dog and completely wipe the floor with everybody.  If that is what you aspire to then you'd better get really, really good, but even the best lose sometimes.

dunniteowl #31 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 15:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 20578 battles

Lots of good responses in here and I would offer that it's pretty well covered.

There is no rule to stay in a certain tier or to go up to ten.  There's no rule holding you back and there's no rule pushing you forward.  We see examples every day we play of both directions and both extremes -- those who stay in the low tiers and those who can't wait to rush to ten.  We see examples of folks complaining about each extreme every day on the forums (thanks, OP for post #3,455,291 under the heading: Seal Clubbing) and ultimately we come away with that last same answer:  there are no rules covering that.

The question then becomes: should there be?

I think there should be well designed, game-based, inherent incentives to go up through the tiers.  So far, so good for the most part.  Should there be an incentive or inducement to remove players from lower tiers and sort of 'push' them up to higher tiers?  Don't we have as evidence, the many, many forum posts of people complaining about folks not being ready in whichever tier, that pushing folks up tier isn't an issue?

Some folks like to swim at a level that makes them feel as if they are gods.  Others may just like the pace and intensity of certain tiers.  It doesn't matter, because you still have to deal with it.

My personal view is that this sort of insanity in the composition of my Fellow Gamers is EXACTLY the PERFECT way to play this game.  It's almost like being in a schoolyard and forming up a scratch game of "three flies up" or something.  You get good players, bad players, really killer players (at their favored tier) and you get some truly clueless, who are either literally just here to blow crap up or are burning off steam in a multiplayer experience that is treated as a single player game.

I love that.

Yes, it can be frustrating to get clubbed by any person no matter your definition of the phrase.  Consider it an object lesson in humility -- AND -- in the potential that resides in your crew/tank at any tier such that, with sufficient knowledge and experience, you can dominate.  The physics and mechanics are the same at every tier and so, the experience you bring from whatever you have already learned should make you that much better, no matter where you go.

I have an experiment I am conducting and that means I am spending a lot of time in the lower tiers (100 matches per tank and/or 50% WR, no matter what tier) and it has been painful as well as quite educational.  Adjusting one's perceptions outside the norms of what one believes is never easy.  That's how you learn, though.

GL, HF & HSYBF

2BigBear #32 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 18:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 750 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Jan 11 2018 - 15:20, said:

Lots of good responses in here and I would offer that it's pretty well covered.

There is no rule to stay in a certain tier or to go up to ten.  There's no rule holding you back and there's no rule pushing you forward.  We see examples every day we play of both directions and both extremes -- those who stay in the low tiers and those who can't wait to rush to ten.  We see examples of folks complaining about each extreme every day on the forums (thanks, OP for post #3,455,291 under the heading: Seal Clubbing) and ultimately we come away with that last same answer:  there are no rules covering that.

The question then becomes: should there be?

I think there should be well designed, game-based, inherent incentives to go up through the tiers.  So far, so good for the most part.  Should there be an incentive or inducement to remove players from lower tiers and sort of 'push' them up to higher tiers?  Don't we have as evidence, the many, many forum posts of people complaining about folks not being ready in whichever tier, that pushing folks up tier isn't an issue?

Some folks like to swim at a level that makes them feel as if they are gods.  Others may just like the pace and intensity of certain tiers.  It doesn't matter, because you still have to deal with it.

My personal view is that this sort of insanity in the composition of my Fellow Gamers is EXACTLY the PERFECT way to play this game.  It's almost like being in a schoolyard and forming up a scratch game of "three flies up" or something.  You get good players, bad players, really killer players (at their favored tier) and you get some truly clueless, who are either literally just here to blow crap up or are burning off steam in a multiplayer experience that is treated as a single player game.

I love that.

Yes, it can be frustrating to get clubbed by any person no matter your definition of the phrase.  Consider it an object lesson in humility -- AND -- in the potential that resides in your crew/tank at any tier such that, with sufficient knowledge and experience, you can dominate.  The physics and mechanics are the same at every tier and so, the experience you bring from whatever you have already learned should make you that much better, no matter where you go.

I have an experiment I am conducting and that means I am spending a lot of time in the lower tiers (100 matches per tank and/or 50% WR, no matter what tier) and it has been painful as well as quite educational.  Adjusting one's perceptions outside the norms of what one believes is never easy.  That's how you learn, though.

GL, HF & HSYBF

HSYBF?

JustDontShoot #33 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 20:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 68 battles
Playing the lower tiers with a fully pimped tank and crew for the purpose of Seal Clubbing is weak.

Silversound #34 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 38055 battles
  • [-P-] -P-

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jan 10 2018 - 19:31, said:

I see you focused on the important part of my response.

LMBO

OP; Re-post Below. Because your issue comes up many times a week.

The people who get to play with good players, win more. Low or high tier.

Think of it like this:

If JoeClubber has a 60% win ratio; out of one-hundred games, he's providing an additional twelve wins for the people on his teams, above and beyond the average player.

And he shows the new players how to win.

Where as the bad or new player takes wins from the people he plays with. Spreading shame and vitriol.

In the end, JoeClubber spreads more joy, to more people, than he takes from others.

I have over 300 tanks. I'll play whatever I want...

Desert_Faux #35 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 5083 battles
  • [-DTOM] -DTOM

View Post2BigBear, on Jan 11 2018 - 02:52, said:

Somebody please explain to me why guys with a 4000 plus rating and 15,000 plus battles (I saw one guy today had 40K battles) is playing tier 1-3 tanks?

Shameful I think it is.   T4rd whirlers.

Keep in mind there are MANY players with over 10k games that play worse than someone after 2-3k games.

I use XVM and it's kinda sad seeing many players with over 10k games and their wn8 is only in the double digits. A few are in the double digits I've seen, and most are under 300 Wn8.

I am not a stat [edited]but come one, after 10k games if you can't get better than you are either ignorant or have some sort of disability to make up for it.  Not to say they should be excluded from playing higher tier games... but I think they should be in only lower tier games. 

Not sure why everyone thinks you have to rush to Tier 10 and that's the ultimate goal... this is an open ended game, there is no finally boss. You get in a tank you love and that you are good in and have fun. If you are not that good and your stats reflect that I have no issue if they play 100k games and stay under Tier 5. 

It is not the number of games that make a person but how well they played those games. 

dunniteowl #36 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 03:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 20578 battles

View Post2BigBear, on Jan 11 2018 - 11:41, said:

HSYBF?

Hope to

See

You on the

Battle 

Field!

Augerr #37 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 04:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16014 battles
  • [SCYWG] SCYWG

View Postmohawkdriver, on Jan 11 2018 - 04:37, said:

What's the problem?  Am I supposed to sell all my lower tier tanks just because I have Tier VIII's and higher?  I like playing my little UE 57...it's cute.  If OP doesn't like that I play my low tiers at times, well...go play Mario.

And you wonder why noobs find some of the "veterans"  so unfriendly.  A pretty crap answer to a legitimate question. 

mohawkdriver #38 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 04:37

Captain

• Players
  • 20685 battles
  • [_RTF_] _RTF_

View PostHarryTB, on Jan 10 2018 - 20:33, said:

This is the Newcomers forum, it's designed to help new players, save your unhelpful reply for General discussion.

Since the OP attacked 'veteran' players, I am obliged to reply, sport.  You aren't the Forum Police, so sell it somewhere else.

2BigBear #39 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 04:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 750 battles

In the end, JoeClubber spreads more joy, to more people, than he takes from others.

I have over 300 tanks. I'll play whatever I want...

Whatever helps you sleep at night to justify what I now understand is seal clubbing. You come off as one arrogant pr1ck with your 300 tank comment.   Now I can tell you are part of the problem.  Hopefully other players with 35 k battle count aren't like you.

Augerr #40 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 05:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16014 battles
  • [SCYWG] SCYWG

View Postmohawkdriver, on Jan 12 2018 - 04:37, said:

Since the OP attacked 'veteran' players, I am obliged to reply, sport.  You aren't the Forum Police, so sell it somewhere else.

Wow are you overly sensitive.  The OP asked a legitimate question, I wouldn't call it attack.  Maybe you are missing your safe space?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users