Premium tanks should be reviewed to make sure they are equal

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dogg_zilla #1 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 04:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8990 battles

So almost every Premium tank I have is inferior to the free tanks I have by such a huge margin that I dont really even play them anymore. 

If WG wants people to continue buying them, they need to make sure the Premiums are at least EQUAL to the free tanks. 

Im not saying it should be pay to win, but it absolutely should not be "pay to lose". 

Some of us just dont have time to unlock all the free tanks, but we have money. 

DoctorThe19th #2 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 04:15

Major

• Players
  • 14030 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

What you're suggesting is basically asking for power creeping premium tanks.

IS-6 used to be a beauty of a premium tank but now? who the hell plays it and likes it still.

Edited by DoctorThe19th, Jan 11 2018 - 04:16.

Dogsoldier6 #3 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 04:30

Major

• Players
  • 57644 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S

So..........................................

I drive mine for the extra credit/exp I can earn in them.

I actually enjoy all of my Premium Tanks, even the KV-5...

I would like to see the Pref MM Tanks buffed to be non-pref, make tooning easier.

goldfinger_555 #4 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 04:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26230 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
Disagree. Premium tanks are suppose to be a little weaker than the "free" tanks. They are for training crews and making credits at +50% more than a regular tank. Recently WOT made a mistake releasing premium tanks that were OP according to some like the Patriot and Defender.

xrays_ #5 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 04:53

Major

• Players
  • 48371 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

View PostDogg_zilla, on Jan 10 2018 - 22:13, said:

Some of us just don't have time to unlock all the free tanks, but we have money. 

This is the problem.

x.

Yao_Wang #6 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:11

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13045 battles

View PostDogg_zilla, on Jan 10 2018 - 19:13, said:

So almost every Premium tank I have is inferior to the free tanks I have by such a huge margin that I dont really even play them anymore. if WG wants people to continue buying them, they need to make sure the Premiums are at least EQUAL to the free tanks. 

Im not saying it should be pay to win, but it absolutely should not be "pay to lose". Some of us just dont have time to unlock all the free tanks, but we have money.

sadly that will never happen they are worse stat wise for the better cash pay and crew training also wargaming got sued over messing with a premium tank stats once so yea

DoctorThe19th #7 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:12

Major

• Players
  • 14030 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View PostYao_Wang, on Jan 10 2018 - 20:11, said:

sadly that will never happen they are worse stat wise for the better cash pay and crew training also wargaming got sued over messing with a premium tank stats once so yea

I really wish you knew what you were talking about..

that's not the reason they are worse and not to mention there's a lot of premium tanks that are either balanced (these ones are bound to get powercrept eventually) or way better than their counterparts in the tech tree.

Edited by DoctorThe19th, Jan 11 2018 - 05:13.

Dead_Zombie #8 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:20

Major

• Players
  • 36840 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostDogg_zilla, on Jan 10 2018 - 21:13, said:

So almost every Premium tank I have is inferior to the free tanks I have by such a huge margin that I dont really even play them anymore. 

If WG wants people to continue buying them, they need to make sure the Premiums are at least EQUAL to the free tanks. 

Im not saying it should be pay to win, but it absolutely should not be "pay to lose". 

no, no,no and no... u are asking for pay 2 win because u don't want to put any effort into grinding tanks.... guess they better hand out participation trophy as well since u installed the game

WaywardChild #9 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31867 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_

View Postxrays_, on Jan 10 2018 - 19:53, said:

This is the problem.

x.

Says who?

Dirizon #10 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:43

Major

• Players
  • 27352 battles

He is right on some level. Premium tank buffs and inception, should be evenly dispersed and spread - not dumped into 1-2 tanks.

For instance, more prem tanks like super P, MausBch, STG G should exist. Balanced machines that don't drastically alter battle. And less like skorp G, Lorraine, 252Y, Chrysler should exist. 

That that being said, loads of premium tanks like Toldi, AC1, Skoda T4O, Dickermax, CDC, CDA, KV12.2 could use buffing - as they generally stink. Especially with same tier prem comparisons, like Lorraine, lS2, T3485M, T127, T28F3O blowing the above out of the water. 

orangeandblue #11 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 05:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27280 battles

I read somewhere that they are actually looking into what they're going to do with older premiums like the IS-6 which is pretty hard to get the base pen to work in in a lot of games now days.

Dogg_zilla #12 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 06:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8990 battles

View PostSir_Tomato_DroolsAlot, on Jan 11 2018 - 05:20, said:

no, no,no and no... u are asking for pay 2 win because u don't want to put any effort into grinding tanks.... guess they better hand out participation trophy as well since u installed the game

I litterally just said not to make them better, just equal. How is that pay to win?

Sgt__Guffy #13 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3433 battles

I strongly disagree! I grind every tank I play, so why should some player come along with a premium tank and negate my efforts? 

Bad idea.

I know we are given premium tanks by WG, but they are usually low tier and of no particular value. I usually play a few games then sell them. As for buying Premium tanks and not playing them because you consider them inferior, well no one is twisting your arm up your back! Stop being so bone idle and do the grind! You just illustrate perfectly the bad attitude of the average wallet warrior.

When I started playing the game, players with premium tanks were looked upon with a certain amount of contempt. Not without good reason. 

As for stating all premium vehicles are inferior, I'm sure there are those who may beg to differ. The overpowered nature of some vehicles has been well documented on the forum. Pity the OP didn't buy one of those!

Have fun, doing the grind.

Guffy.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Jan 12 2018 - 18:47.

the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:31

Major

• Players
  • 21787 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Define "equal" please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users