cry time

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

PocketJoey #1 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 07:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1754 battles
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_

Bad crews, stock tanks, low tiers, pile all of the handicaps and silver based customization options you lose nd its a damn hard game. I find it too hard to use auto aim because its hard to know if its really locked.
The UI settings are all weird, why is player name default during battles instead of tank name? No detected signal, silhouettes don't show up in third person, wasting time to see If I have line of sight. Damn whole game is so clouded by plants cant see nothing most of the time. Ammo has to be resupplied manually for the first time? why? Repair kits don't resupply either you have to check the box. There's friendly fire now too.. this is what I get for not wanting to pay for stupid console multiplayer subscription.
'detected' on console shows up 12 secs after being spotted and tells you someone is looking at you. sixth sense just means you are lit. Nope I just get shot now and die until I get sixth sense. Whole darn screen is crowded with chat and team lists and a minimap that doesn't orient itself to you, making it confusing. Always staying true south and north doesn't help the guy who sees a guy in front of him as behind him on the mini map cause its upside down.
Crews are stupidly complex. Heres a driver and a gunner and uh yeah we get it. I like just show a commander and you put all your skills in that. Only have to train one stupid general crew icon. So difficult to transfer crew too! change this guys specialization and the next and the next.

TL:dr

wah I need a KV-1:child:

Edited by PocketJoey, Jan 11 2018 - 07:43.

WhineMaker #2 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 07:54

Major

• Players
  • 32175 battles

:D

These are a couple of new rants, unheard of on the PC forums.

Soon, you will be brainwashed into posting:

...daily anti arty thread...

...MM sucks threads...

...premium ammo is unfair threads...

Welcome to the pc master race... :great:

heavymetal1967 #3 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 08:02

Major

• Players
  • 63017 battles

;) JK OP.  Have a welcome wagon plus one and you've found the PC forum which will help lessen the learning curve.  Good luck and have fun.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #4 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 08:21

Major

• Players
  • 15539 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

murdockwan #5 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 09:48

Captain

• Players
  • 24284 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostPocketJoey, on Jan 11 2018 - 06:42, said:

Bad crews, stock tanks, low tiers, pile all of the handicaps and silver based customization options you lose nd its a damn hard game. I find it too hard to use auto aim because its hard to know if its really locked.
The UI settings are all weird, why is player name default during battles instead of tank name? No detected signal, silhouettes don't show up in third person, wasting time to see If I have line of sight. Damn whole game is so clouded by plants cant see nothing most of the time. Ammo has to be resupplied manually for the first time? why? Repair kits don't resupply either you have to check the box. There's friendly fire now too.. this is what I get for not wanting to pay for stupid console multiplayer subscription.
'detected' on console shows up 12 secs after being spotted and tells you someone is looking at you. sixth sense just means you are lit. Nope I just get shot now and die until I get sixth sense. Whole darn screen is crowded with chat and team lists and a minimap that doesn't orient itself to you, making it confusing. Always staying true south and north doesn't help the guy who sees a guy in front of him as behind him on the mini map cause its upside down.
Crews are stupidly complex. Heres a driver and a gunner and uh yeah we get it. I like just show a commander and you put all your skills in that. Only have to train one stupid general crew icon. So difficult to transfer crew too! change this guys specialization and the next and the next.

Some of your complaints can be fixed by using a good modpack, for example "show 6th sense n seconds".

Urdr #6 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 10:32

Major

• Players
  • 45547 battles
  • [K-S] K-S

Welcome!!!

And enjoy game :)

Play it like a whole new game :honoring:

n00bfarmer #7 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 11:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21 battles

shaolinsarge #8 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 12:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21993 battles
  • [TRIB] TRIB

View PostPocketJoey, on Jan 11 2018 - 03:42, said:

I feel your pain my friend, welcome to the desert, old west, prypyat ... In skyrim, only the nords survive.

Click on the Battle button and feel the power of the moments of anger. Accept the invitation to unknown, pay the price of pain. Do not spam chat and help your team, no matter what. Even if an artillery immobilizes you and you are slowly mowed down by the enemy team.

Other than that, enjoy the ride. Ricochets, friendships and good matches are also part of the package.

The word is: challenge yourself without losing your essence.

Glhf Commander, I see you on the battlefield.

PocketJoey #9 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 15:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1754 battles
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_

I love rowan Atkinson! johnny English was my favorite role he played

Edited by PocketJoey, Jan 11 2018 - 15:52.

Gothraul #10 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 16:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 2016 battles
Don't worry too much and give it some time eventually you will get used to it, as for the crews I like having individual members rather than just seeing a commander. Crew perks are a good thing though some of them need to be buff and there is a need for more like a medic perk ect. Everything else is as it always has been since the stone ages.

Capt_Nixon #11 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 17:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11156 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

Completely understand where you're coming from ... as I approached 7k battles on console I grew increasingly disinterested and switched to PC. At first, I was extremely frustrated with the multiple layers of additional complexity over console, but that is also exactly what makes the game even more interesting as you advance. 

Crew management is overwhelming at first, but as you start to figure it out, exploring the right combos of skills and perks for each crew member as you develop your style of play in each class of tank is a lot of fun. Figuring out which premium tanks to get for the lines you want to grind becomes important so you can put crews from other tanks of the same class and nation for increased experience to reduce grind time.

Arty adds a whole dimension to map knowledge and play style that just simply doesn't exist in console ... it turns checkers in to chess, and you have to understand view range and concealment mechanics very well for certain tanks in addition to knowing the maps to use/avoid arty accordingly.

My advice ... don't advance too quickly through tiers 1-3.  A lot of vets recommend you just blow through these tiers to get to the true learning tiers at 4 and 5, but I think tiers 1-3 are perfect for learning maps with tanks that can cover large chunks of the terrain in shorter amounts of time than higher tiers. Yes, you will get in trouble quickly, but you can also learn how to get out of trouble quickly, and I don't subscribe to the argument that you don't learn anything transferrable at the lower tiers as some insist.

Then plan to spend a lot of your time in Tiers 4 and 5 learning the skills and training your crews you will need to advance to higher tiers. I am over 6k battles and just began dabbling in Tier 6, and admittedly that has been an overall miserable experience because of the Tier 6 matchmaking ... but taking the long view, it is probably steeling me with the resolve to improve my play and be patient with getting my crews to 3 or 4 skills before even thinking about Tier 7 so I am more competitive and more helpful to my team when I do move higher.

Also recognize you will become increasingly frustrated with your growing awareness at the sheer volume of players you get teamed with who have zero interest in learning to play the game properly. Most are just drive-and-shoot, in-it-for-the-online-gaming-stress-relief crowd who will madden you with their uncanny ability to ruin your best-laid plans and best-executed tactics in each battle.

With your eyes open on these issues, I think you will find the PC version so much more enriching and engaging than the console version. Good luck and have fun.

PocketJoey #12 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 00:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1754 battles
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_
I fixed a lot of my issues by turning down the graphics, computer couldn't handle max settings, and getting rid of the teamlist, removing outgoing and incoming damage from the screen, hiding health bar numbers for enemies, fixing my reticle to look like console. basically clearing up the screen and making it feel like home. 45-50 fps now! used to be at 19fps

lOne_zErg #13 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 17:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5783 battles
It's basically a different game. 

dos_poptarts #14 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 3821 battles

Fellow xbox tanker here (cowpony123). Installed PC WOT in December so I might be a 1 month vet by now.

There are a few items that took time/practice to adjust. Controller vs KB/mouse. (aiming for weakspots is sooo much easier on PC.)

Foliage is plentiful and works so beautifully on PC.

Modules vs packages (modules win easily)

Lot more tanks that I have to research weakspots.

Last known position on reds makes PC strategy easier.

In the tech tree I'm at tier6 (easy-8) but I'm planning on getting the M48. I'm not going to grind my PC account like I did on console.

The difference between console detected (3sec lag) and SS (instant) vs PC (SS w/ 3 sec lag) was the biggest hurdle. I'm adapting so I'm doing much better these days.

It has been so long since I've been silver poor that I played tier V with no equipment and some crew members were @50%. I keep about 6-7M in silver on console and every tank in the garage is fully equipped. I'm up to 2.5M now on PC, but I'll be buying the KV-2 soon.

My biggest negative is that PC is so much more toxic. 3 years on console and I've never gotten hate mail once. 1 month on PC and I've gotten multiple messages during and post match. Most of these messages were from below 50% players with 15k-20k matches.  I've only been team killed once, because I refused to be a meat shield in my Ravioli.

BTW, MM sucks for non-PMM tier 8 tanks. Not til I hit 50 matches in my Ravioli did I start getting tier 8 matches at better than 10%. 

Player skill base is similar PC vs console @all tiers IMHO.

Oddly in my experience map rotation is worse on PC than console and there are ton of complaints on console.

PocketJoey #15 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1754 battles
  • [_C_T_] _C_T_

Fellow xbox tanker here (cowpony123). Installed PC WOT in December so I might be a 1 month vet by now.

There are a few items that took time/practice to adjust. Controller vs KB/mouse. (aiming for weakspots is sooo much easier on PC.)

Foliage is plentiful and works so beautifully on PC.

Modules vs packages (modules win easily)

Lot more tanks that I have to research weakspots.

In the tech tree I'm at tier6 (easy-8) but I'm planning on getting the M48. I'm not going to grind my PC account like I did on console.

The difference between console detected (3sec lag) and SS (instant) vs PC (SS w/ 3 sec lag) was the biggest hurdle. I'm adapting so I'm doing much better these days.

It has been so long since I've been silver poor that I played tier V with no equipment and some crew members were @50%. I keep about 6-7M in silver on console and every tank in the garage is fully equipped. I'm up to 2.5M now on PC, but I'll be buying the KV-2 soon.

My biggest negative is that PC is so much more toxic. 3 years on console and I've never gotten hate mail once. 1 month on PC and I've gotten multiple messages during and post match. Most of these messages were from below 50% players with 15k-20k matches.  I've only been team killed once, because I refused to be a meat shield in my Ravioli.

BTW, MM sucks for non-PMM tier 8 tanks. Not til I hit 50 matches in my Ravioli did I start getting tier 8 matches at better than 10%.

Player skill base is similar PC vs console @all tiers IMHO.

Oddly in my experience map rotation is worse on PC than console and there are ton of complaints on console.

True that. I don't really find it easier to aim just yet making the transition, and for sure there is more hate mail. Probably due to the fact everything is type chat. Wish I could turn off general chat sometimes because no one talks about tanks there but sometimes they help. Although sixth sense is something I didn't use for a long time in console before it was introduced so its coming back to me. One time in console I got a message from enemy arty telling me which way their team was coming from(the most direct route which I had already guessed and was aiming there). I only viewed the message after I had already killed one. I told him he was a traitor. So far I've gotten to the Jackson, going for the T95. Just had a match where I killed two tier 8s in a platoon T34 and a AMX m4 39, one of which had 31000 battles and we killed each other at the same time. So things are fine and going ok.

ChaosKampf #16 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 08:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3253 battles
  • [KAMPF] KAMPF

View Postdos_poptarts, on Jan 12 2018 - 11:00, said:

Can make strategy easier. You can get burnt pretty easily if you don't get there quick enough, and I still haven't learned my lesson on that one.

Got one-shotted in the face earlier today in my IKV 103, from about fifty yards by a Hummel that must have had every crew member fully trained in camo, and probably had a net too, because it just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It was setting completely out in the open, with no natural cover at all, exactly where the "last known position" marker said he was. I was using cover to get to him, but He still saw me coming because at the exact instant that he appeared out of nowhere, he also "pulled the trigger". 

DorkBeard_The_Flatulent #17 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 10:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2103 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Good luck!

One of the things I found to be extremely helpful towards getting accustomed to PC was adjusting settings. Here are a couple of vids that may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQcyrlzjAY&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d8dSvOflXo

Keep at it and don't give up! You'll get more accustomed after a time. Fight back the salt (toxicity) people will throw at you with a few things: saltier salt, sarcasm salt, or humorous salt. It's the only way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users