Why YOU lose, why I'm tired of carrying, and other ramblings from a pretty good night...

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

SoTrue #121 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 05:09

Major

• Players
  • 24138 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jan 18 2018 - 18:22, said:

Who the hell said anything about a freaking tog?  Jesus, stay on track.

I suggest people go down the lines they want to and overall play the tanks they want to.  You being a low tier seal clubber at heart isn't my main problem with you.  Go play what you want to play.  As for things in this post that were invalid, go read the thread again.  Enough has already been said but you, yet again, choose not to listen to the masses and try to project this false sense of skill over others.

At it's core, there is nothing wrong with this advice.  It's just the fact that you're trying to put this out there as you being this great guy looking out for others, all while beating up on new players because you can't hack it at higher tiers.  Again, if you were interested in teaching then you wouldn't come here posting seal clubbing videos.  You come here with map tactics and talk about map strategies.  You would show zones of influence on maps.  You would talk about battle theory and how to play certain areas.  You have never done any of this, but instead you cry about MM and "no skill" in tier 5, which is beyond a joke.

As for your "agree to disagree about that ONE is7 game" is pretty hilarious as well.  I've fought against you in your is7 before on separate occasions and you've yolo'd me the exact same way you did that t69.  Difference is that i know how to make you pay for that mistake so i wrecked your face.  I had people send me pm's after that game telling me you were raging in chat about how bad the team was, which is truly hilarious man.

What would you like me to say about this?   You're in one of the more powerful tier 9's.  You're platooned, and top tier on sand river.  You'd have to have been truly horrible to not have at least a mediocre game there.  Again, you are only posting examples of you playing OP tanks, getting lucky on top of it all, and being top tier in a match you should have been able to carry solo.  Good job.

Wow, how you can continue to spout off like u know what you are talking about.  You are the worst kind of troll.

-

You don't even understand the words.   I mentioned tog - because you said using a t67 was 'bad'.  Somehow in your twisted mind 'good' players shouldn't drive good tanks.  That is terrible advice for new players.

-

And here you go again, 'go read the thread' 'it's been said'.  What?  You never specify, because you know if you do, your argument vanishes.

-

And here we go, I win - quote "At it's core, there is nothing wrong with this advice".  Then why the heck are you complaining?  It the advice is solid, sthu.  Only a true troll would say "yeah, he's basically right, but I need to poop all over his personal stats".  Where are your posts to help new players?  Oh that's right a true troll only complains.  Never lifts a finger to actual make content.  Put up or shut up.

-

As for talking tactics in my videos, I do.  I specifically call out 'look at mini  map' and challenge new players to be able to 'see where I'm going' before I go there.  It's a great skill.  Since I don't 'talk' during these vids, it's to complicated to point out a whole battles worth of 'specific moves'  - duh - but you don't know this because you don't post actual content.

-

As for yoloing in a tier 7, sometimes aggressive works, sometimes it doesn't.  Again, 1 time in 1 video WHERE IT WORKED.  That you FALSLY dismiss a working strategy, just make you look stupid.

-

And even with my T-54 to BEND OVER BACKWARDS EIGHT TIMES OVER to find any ANY TRIVIAL minute thing wrong with the gameplay.  Oh I platooned.  Duh, toning is something good players do.  Top tier, that's a bad thing?  Like I chose to be top tier?  Like being good can only happen at bottom tier?  Stupid comments, truly stupid.  And the T-54 OP, ha ha ha ha ha.  Sure it's good, but again PLAYING GOOD TANKS IS WHAT GOOD PLAYERS DO.  Trying to crap on someone for playing a good tank is stupid.

And my favorite, "If I'm top tier I should be able to carry solo".  Yeah, no one does this.  Way to state some impossible goal as the standard for 'average good players'.  Your comments are terrible, your input is terrible. So 'bad job' to you sir, you are doing the exact opposite of helping newer players with your sour comments.

RNG_is_Magic #122 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 06:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10310 battles
  • [MARS-] MARS-

View PostSoTrue, on Jan 18 2018 - 22:09, said

-

And even with my T-54 to BEND OVER BACKWARDS EIGHT TIMES OVER to find any ANY TRIVIAL minute thing wrong with the gameplay.  Oh I platooned.  Duh, toning is something good players do.  Top tier, that's a bad thing?  Like I chose to be top tier?  Like being good can only happen at bottom tier?  Stupid comments, truly stupid.  And the T-54 OP, ha ha ha ha ha.  Sure it's good, but again PLAYING GOOD TANKS IS WHAT GOOD PLAYERS DO.  Trying to crap on someone for playing a good tank is stupid.

And my favorite, "If I'm top tier I should be able to carry solo".  Yeah, no one does this.  Way to state some impossible goal as the standard for 'average good players'.  Your comments are terrible, your input is terrible. So 'bad job' to you sir, you are doing the exact opposite of helping newer players with your sour comments.

I know I shouldn't waste my time but your title states you are tired of carrying yet you say no one does this.  

cloudwalkr #123 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 06:32

Major

• Players
  • 52584 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View PostSoTrue, on Jan 19 2018 - 05:09, said:

Wow, how you can continue to spout off like u know what you are talking about.  You are the worst kind of troll.  More clueless ranting.

-

You don't even understand the words.   I mentioned tog - because you said using a t67 was 'bad'.  Somehow in your twisted mind 'good' players shouldn't drive good tanks.  That is terrible advice for new players.  Reading must be difficult for you because if it weren't you would see that i have stated over and over that i recommend people go down whatever lines they choose to.  You're to stubborn to want to see this and instead try to twist my words around.  You're, again, choosing to completely miss the entire point i was bringing up and instead choose to bring in another incredibly low tier tank as a counter argument???   Dude...

-

And here you go again, 'go read the thread' 'it's been said'.  What?  You never specify, because you know if you do, your argument vanishes.  Go read the thread again.  It's been said over and over by myself and many others.  You're just so dense you either choose to not see it or can't see it.  Take your pick.    :popcorn:

-

And here we go, I win - quote "At it's core, there is nothing wrong with this advice".  Then why the heck are you complaining?  It the advice is solid, sthu.  Only a true troll would say "yeah, he's basically right, but I need to poop all over his personal stats".  Where are your posts to help new players?  Oh that's right a true troll only complains.  Never lifts a finger to actual make content.  Put up or shut up.   I'm not here to debate whether or not I've done more for people than you have.  All i need to say here is that you will never see me put up a series of low tier game play videos (especially in one of the more OP tanks in game) and then try to pass myself off as someone to follow.  I spend time in training rooms with people going over actual content.  You're a snake oil salesman.

-

As for talking tactics in my videos, I do.  I specifically call out 'look at mini  map' and challenge new players to be able to 'see where I'm going' before I go there.  It's a great skill.  Since I don't 'talk' during these vids, it's to complicated to point out a whole battles worth of 'specific moves'  - duh - but you don't know this because you don't post actual content.  Again, my "content" comes in other forms than posting low tier game play videos over and over and claiming skill. 

-

As for yoloing in a tier 7, sometimes aggressive works, sometimes it doesn't.  Again, 1 time in 1 video WHERE IT WORKED.  That you FALSLY dismiss a working strategy, just make you look stupid.  LOL.  Keep telling yourself that man.  I've been on the other side from you and watched you drive out and die in your is7 so don't try to tell me that video (which you defended as skill at first, but for some reason don't anymore?) isn't a true example of your game play.

-

Honestly, i wasn't really picking at you for the t-54 replay.  More stating that you were platooned (which nothing wrong with it, i platoon a lot) as top tier in a t54 on sand river with 1 arty.  You had THE PERFECT SETUP to do well in.  lol :facepalm:

Budha, you're just one big :facepalm:

SoTrue #124 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 08:26

Major

• Players
  • 24138 battles

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jan 18 2018 - 21:32, said:

Budha, you're just one big :facepalm:

Wow, again expressing 'dismay' without actually presenting any substance.  And not helping less skilled players in any way.  Sad..

Arclyte #125 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 14:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15276 battles
  • [RWDS] RWDS

I cant believe this clown made this thread

anything below tier 8 doesnt count

wildcat18 #126 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 14:23

Captain

• Players
  • 15459 battles

View PostSoTrue, on Jan 19 2018 - 02:26, said:

Wow, again expressing 'dismay' without actually presenting any substance.  And not helping less skilled players in any way.  Sad..

I didn't read your post but am wondering...Are you trying to help people with a specific tank or general in game tiers 1-10 type thing?

Markd73 #127 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 16:17

Major

• Players
  • 28997 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostSoTrue, on Jan 11 2018 - 08:03, said:

--Snip---

Additional response to some of the comments that follow.  The term "Sealclubbing" was thrown in my general direction - a lot.  But they are all wrong, and appear not to know what sealclubbing is.  Sealclubbing is when a player who is very good at high tiers drops down to play lower tiers to 'club' newer less experienced players.  I CAN'T BE a sealclubber, just take a quick look at the stats in my tier 9 and tier 10 tanks.  You have to be a 'good' high tier player to be a sealclubber.  When I play tier 5-8, I'm playing at the right tier level for my general skill level.  And it follows, I played a lot of low tiers, got good at it.  Moved up to mid tiers, got good at it.  Hopefully, will get good at high tiers, move up.  Which is how this should work.  So many trolls will say 'you suck' out of one side of their face, then say 'sealclubber' out the other side.  It can't be both.

-

-

Anyways, I wish the trolls would spend more time giving extra tips as this post was intended.  Name callling is not helping a single newer player.

Just trying to follow your logic - so does that not then make you a wannabe sealclubber?

Edited by Markd73, Jan 19 2018 - 16:17.

_Gungrave_ #128 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 16:22

Major

• Players
  • 38343 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View Postcloudwalkr, on Jan 12 2018 - 04:13, said:

It should take people about 5min to realize budha isn't someone to take seriously.  Sure you can learn stuff from him, but you can also learn stuff from a moron walking into a door.

Well its not like I try to keep track of who is who on here given all the ignorant and asinine posts I see. :harp:

_Juris #129 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 20:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15587 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostSoTrue, on Jan 17 2018 - 23:13, said:

EJC, you have 21k battles and a win rate of 44%.  You've played 9k battles at tier 8, by far the most of any tier you've played.  Your top 4 played tanks are all premium tier 8, i.e. you bought your way up. Maybe you should drop back down and play more low tier before you drag down your high tier teammates.  To be fair, your most played tier 9 is your t-54, with a 46% win rate.  My t-54 has a 48% win rate.  Tell me again how "I'm a bad player"....

Let me see if I understand this.  You have a less-than-server-average winrate in a truly excellent tier 9 medium tank, and you're asking us to tell you again how you're a bad player?  Okay, I can do that.  The evidence suggests that you're a bad player because you have a 48% winrate in the T-54.  Most people would be suitably shamed by this and refrain from giving "advice" but amazingly that doesn't seem to stop you.  You also average less damage in your tier 10s (average of ~1600) than good players would do in tier 7s.  Consider developing some self-awareness about this.

Edit:  Holy $%&* you average 1161 damage in your T-54.  Good players can average that much in tier 6 tanks, and the very best can top it even in tier 5 tanks (https://www.dpgwhore...1057/?server=na for example).

Edited by _Juris, Jan 19 2018 - 20:45.

SoTrue #130 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 24138 battles

View Post_Juris, on Jan 19 2018 - 11:36, said:

Let me see if I understand this.  You have a less-than-server-average winrate in a truly excellent tier 9 medium tank, and you're asking us to tell you again how you're a bad player?  Okay, I can do that.  The evidence suggests that you're a bad player because you have a 48% winrate in the T-54.  Most people would be suitably shamed by this and refrain from giving "advice" but amazingly that doesn't seem to stop you.  You also average less damage in your tier 10s (average of ~1600) than good players would do in tier 7s.  Consider developing some self-awareness about this.

Edit:  Holy $%&* you average 1161 damage in your T-54.  Good players can average that much in tier 6 tanks, and the very best can top it even in tier 5 tanks (https://www.dpgwhore...1057/?server=na for example).

Yeah, you have the same problem with reading stats as everyone else does.  +/-450 of my T-54 battles were from back in 2011 when I had no idea how to drive them. My win rate was at 46%.  Over the last +/-1000 battles, my win rate has been in the 52% range.  Nothing spectacular, but better than server average of 49%.  Granted there's no way for you to 'see' when I played any on my T-54 battles, but that just goes to show how 'stupid' it is to look up someone's stats and base 100% of your comments on them.  People do the same with the number of tier 2 battles I've played.  9k is a lot of tier 2, but when you consider 90% of them were 2013 or before, it's not a current reflection of what I play now.  Stats can only give you a general sense of a players current skill.  Building the foundation of your argument on stats just make your argument look week.  My stats have nothing to do with the advise I was giving at the beginning of this post.  One thing all the haters have overlooked on this thread was the fact that in the session of T67 games, I 3-MARKED the T67.  That's really hard to do, as it's a favorite tank of better players.  So while my T54 driving skills are not out of this park, I would definitely take advice from anyone who's 3-marked one of the better tanks.  At least for the tier of that tank.

_Juris #131 Posted Jan 19 2018 - 22:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15587 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostSoTrue, on Jan 19 2018 - 15:31, said:

Yeah, you have the same problem with reading stats as everyone else does.  +/-450 of my T-54 battles were from back in 2011 when I had no idea how to drive them. My win rate was at 46%.  Over the last +/-1000 battles, my win rate has been in the 52% range.  Nothing spectacular, but better than server average of 49%.  Granted there's no way for you to 'see' when I played any on my T-54 battles, but that just goes to show how 'stupid' it is to look up someone's stats and base 100% of your comments on them.  People do the same with the number of tier 2 battles I've played.  9k is a lot of tier 2, but when you consider 90% of them were 2013 or before, it's not a current reflection of what I play now.  Stats can only give you a general sense of a players current skill.  Building the foundation of your argument on stats just make your argument look week.  My stats have nothing to do with the advise I was giving at the beginning of this post.  One thing all the haters have overlooked on this thread was the fact that in the session of T67 games, I 3-MARKED the T67.  That's really hard to do, as it's a favorite tank of better players.  So while my T54 driving skills are not out of this park, I would definitely take advice from anyone who's 3-marked one of the better tanks.  At least for the tier of that tank.

You mean like this?  You're right, you did manage to improve - by one shot of damage.  Congratulations - you're still below tier 7 medium tank performance in an excellent tier 9 medium.  And you're still below the average performance of players in the T-54.  See http://www.noobmeter.com/tankStats/na.

Three-marking any tier 5, especially one as widely-played as the T67, is really not difficult.  Yes, professional seal clubbers play it a lot.  So does (and has, at one point) nearly everyone who plays the game, in addition to being literally the most-played tier 5 TD (http://www.vbaddict....e_dealt&server=) so lots of players drag down the required averages to three-mark it.

So yes, your stats have something to do with the advice in that (1) you haven't really established that you're particularly able to win other than by playing significantly overpowered-for-tier tanks, and (2) you haven't shown that your advice translates generally into good higher-tier gameplay (which is what you'll need for competitive play).  Your list of which four things are most important is at best arguably partially correct at tier 5, and is laughably wrong for higher tiers.  Your IS-7 gameplay is the canonical example of getting away with doing really dumb things because you're in a tank with trolly armor AND playing against brain-dead enemies.

The point of this is not to tell you that you suck, but to encourage you to develop some humility and self-awareness about your current skill level.  If you don't do that, you can't improve.

Edited by _Juris, Jan 19 2018 - 22:26.

o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7o7 #132 Posted Jan 20 2018 - 04:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 423 battles
  • [ITDED] ITDED

View Postianizor1000, on Jan 19 2018 - 04:08, said:

​Why did you find it necessary to shoot HEAT at the side of a French TD?

tbh its a 54. if you have anything other than heat equipped in that you arent firing on all cyllinders. or you really want to make your life hard. what was the reg pen.. 201mm? mmmmk 

i think it was 201. too lazy to check

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users