• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Son_of_the_South #21 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 02:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View PostHellsfog, on Jan 11 2018 - 16:08, said:

The best cure for the current MM is to go back to +/-4 for a few months and let players remember what the frustration being the only tier 6 tank in a tier 8 to 10 game was like.  Let the horde of new Type 59's feed on tier 5 again.  After a few months 3/5/7 with a +/- 2 spread won't seem bad at all. 

Doesn't matter same difference whether 4 tiers below or 2 for bottom tiers. I see no difference. If you run the statistics, I bet you will see bottom tiers on the average are alive at the end of much far less than those of higher tiers. Pretty easy to see the more games I play.

Son_of_the_South #22 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 02:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Postmoogleslam, on Jan 11 2018 - 13:38, said:

You can create two completely equal teams in terms of tanks and skill, and the majority of matches will still predominantly end in 15-6 etc outcomes due to the snowball effect.

This is only a theory. I would like to see this proven or disproved. I don't think it will ever happen though.

Hellsfog #23 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 16:14

Major

• Players
  • 32029 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Jan 11 2018 - 20:23, said:

Doesn't matter same difference whether 4 tiers below or 2 for bottom tiers. I see no difference. If you run the statistics, I bet you will see bottom tiers on the average are alive at the end of much far less than those of higher tiers. Pretty easy to see the more games I play.

You don't see a difference between having  tier 5 see at worse 3 tier 7s in a match and having is be the lone tier 5 in a match with tier 8 and 9? That can't possibly be what you meant to say.  Take a breath. Try one more time. 

_Gungrave_ #24 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 39383 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Jan 12 2018 - 02:15, said:

One never stops the fight against wrong. One continues on until wrong is fixed or one dies. As you stand behind your convictions so must those who want to see a ever broken MM system made right/whole.

You haven't played long enough to understand that the MM will never work perfectly because people play badly and blame the MM, cheaters, gold rounds, bad/OP tanks.

Regardless of what MM is used the only constant variable is the mentality and skill of the playerbase many of whom don't like the challenge or they're unwilling to learn and adapt.

the_Deadly_Bulb #25 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 20773 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I like it just fine the way it is.

the_Deadly_Bulb #26 Posted Jan 12 2018 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 20773 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 11 2018 - 09:16, said:

How about we stop messing with the MM...

:great:

Son_of_the_South #27 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 12 2018 - 12:00, said:

You haven't played long enough to understand that the MM will never work perfectly because people play badly and blame the MM, cheaters, gold rounds, bad/OP tanks.

Regardless of what MM is used the only constant variable is the mentality and skill of the playerbase many of whom don't like the challenge or they're unwilling to learn and adapt.

I have played long enough to see a drastic improvement in my own game play since I first started playing to the point that a 4 to 5 kill game is not uncommon. My win8 is steadily on the rise, my damage is steadily on the rise, and my k/d ratio is increasing. I may not be purple but I get better every week. What DOES NOT change is the the WR and MM. No matter how good I play, 50% WR is the max. I can kill 4 and 5 tanks in a game and it makes no difference because of the skill level of my team. It is very disheartening to be matched with people above or below my ability. I would rather be a mediocre player fighting people of my own skill level than a purple making their stats off of people who have no business playing with them.

Son_of_the_South #28 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Jan 12 2018 - 19:04, said:

I have played long enough to see a drastic improvement in my own game play since I first started playing to the point that a 4 to 5 kill game is not uncommon. My win8 is steadily on the rise, my damage is steadily on the rise, and my k/d ratio is increasing. I may not be purple but I get better every week. What DOES NOT change is the the WR and MM. No matter how good I play, 50% WR is the max. I can kill 4 and 5 tanks in a game and it makes no difference because of the skill level of my team. It is very disheartening to be matched with people above or below my ability. I would rather be a mediocre player fighting people of my own skill level than a purple making their stats off of people who have no business playing with them.

Case in point, I just got saddled with an entire red team. I knew from the beginning it was a loss. And sure enough as soon as the game began 13 tanks went to one side. I said, "hey guys there is another side. We will get flanked" not one person listened. It was a massacre. They had no idea to play and I and the one guy who went with me got punished because of their ignorance. You guys may be able to carry an entire team by yourself getting 10 or 12 kills, I cannot. I am tired of playing with people like that. I am not improving anything about my game play being saddled with people like that anymore than purples learn anything from being saddled with me. it is broken. I am a statistic to them with no chance in hell.

_Gungrave_ #29 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 02:35

Major

• Players
  • 39383 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Jan 13 2018 - 01:04, said:

If you play with nothing but people of your own skill level you won't be challenged leading to you becoming bored of the game. Playing against higher skilled players shows you what is possible and can act as a motivation to get better.

Son_of_the_South #30 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 16:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14464 battles
  • [PJ] PJ

View Post_Gungrave_, on Jan 12 2018 - 20:35, said:

If you play with nothing but people of your own skill level you won't be challenged leading to you becoming bored of the game. Playing against higher skilled players shows you what is possible and can act as a motivation to get better.

You get me wrong. I don't want to not fight higher level people. I don't want to be teamed with lesser level people.

_Gungrave_ #31 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 39383 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostSon_of_the_South, on Jan 13 2018 - 16:35, said:

You get me wrong. I don't want to not fight higher level people. I don't want to be teamed with lesser level people.

No I understood you just fine because what you talked about is essentially skill based MM...

Liberty75 #32 Posted Jan 18 2018 - 03:41

Captain

• Players
  • 45981 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

View PostAwestryker, on Jan 11 2018 - 12:25, said:

Right now, MM favors 3/5/7 to heavily...

They should put more of a priority on 5/10, instead of 3/5/7, that will help tier 8 from being bottom tier more consistently than other tiers...

3/5/7's can still happen, but only after a period of time in cue trying to find matches for 5/10...

They should revert back to the old MM and balance that system to have the same amount of tanks per tier with matching tank types (heavies, mediums, etc.) per tier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users