Garage Slot Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

King_Up_W #1 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 20:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12356 battles

How do I determine how many garage slots I have? 

When I load my account on my client I can scroll all the way over and it will tell me how many free slots I have in the account.  When I load my sons account on the very same client (same computer as before) it does not show me the "purchase a vehicle" cell which normally tells how many free slots one has.

He must have done something funky to his WOT settings (I don't think it is a mod issue since it works fine with my account).  I want to buy him some slots while they are on sale (I need to do it on my computer because I don't trust his computer).  I don't want to make a purchase if I can't verify that the items have been added.

Any ideas how to determine how many used/free slots he has?  Is there a GAME setting that will disable this.  I am running XVM but it works fine with my account (are there different sets of XVM configs for each user?).

Any ideas ??

Duke_Nuke_Em_Cammando #2 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 20:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 6972 battles
  • [BOTZ] BOTZ
you can check by going all the way over near your last tank and see how many slots there are left and if its full and u buy a tank it automatically gives u a slot

ElfMagi2 #3 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 20:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46857 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

View PostDuke_Nuke_Em_Cammando, on Jan 11 2018 - 14:26, said:

you can check by going all the way over near your last tank and see how many slots there are left and if its full and u buy a tank it automatically gives u a slot

Incorrect. It does not give you a slot. If you do not have a slot available you cannot purchase a new tank.

ShookYang #4 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 21:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8936 battles
  • [5LINE] 5LINE

View PostDuke_Nuke_Em_Cammando, on Jan 11 2018 - 11:26, said:

View PostElfMagi2, on Jan 11 2018 - 11:40, said:

Incorrect. It does not give you a slot. If you do not have a slot available you cannot purchase a new tank.

What ElfMagi2 said.

Tech tree tanks do not come with a garage slot.  Only tanks purchased via the Premium Shop get a garage slot bundled with the tank (at least, as far I know...haven't seen a tank in the premium shop that didn't come with a garage slot).

Likely, if you do not see the Purchase option in the garage, you do not have any garage slots available.

murdockwan #5 Posted Jan 11 2018 - 21:04

Captain

• Players
  • 23370 battles
  • [CNCRD] CNCRD

View PostKing_Up_W, on Jan 11 2018 - 19:19, said:

How do I determine how many garage slots I have? 

When I load my account on my client I can scroll all the way over and it will tell me how many free slots I have in the account.  When I load my sons account on the very same client (same computer as before) it does not show me the "purchase a vehicle" cell which normally tells how many free slots one has.

He must have done something funky to his WOT settings (I don't think it is a mod issue since it works fine with my account).  I want to buy him some slots while they are on sale (I need to do it on my computer because I don't trust his computer).  I don't want to make a purchase if I can't verify that the items have been added.

Any ideas how to determine how many used/free slots he has?  Is there a GAME setting that will disable this.  I am running XVM but it works fine with my account (are there different sets of XVM configs for each user?).

Any ideas ??

Launch the game with mods disabled and check that way perhaps.

King_Up_W #6 Posted Jan 13 2018 - 17:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12356 battles

Solution Found

It appears that if you have no "empty" garage slots the "purchase a vehicle" cell (which also displays the number of vacant slots) will not appear.  Once I purchased 10 empty slots the cell then appeared showing my newly acquired vacant slots.

I suspect this is a XVM issue.

The most recent version of XVM (7.3.3) has changed the hanger.xc file.

Line 36 in the old hanger.xc file (XVM 7.3.2), which allowed one to enable "showTotalSlots", has been removed from the configuration.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users