Update 9.22 - USSR Tree Revision

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

AaronsaurusRex #181 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 01:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 28062 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Can we just leave the obj 263 alone? Seriously, the 268-4 isn't really that bad, but is nowhere close to what I went down this line for. Want to make another branch for the 268-4? Sure, just LEAVE THE 263 ALONE, It is a shadow of its former self as it is now. Worse than the SU-122-54, which was already a bad tank. These changes are bad for the game as a whole because it removes variety. As for the other changes, the 430U is just a slightly worse 121, I can live with that. The 140 and T62A were always better than the 430 despite the dpm. The new heavies are interesting, but I might like to see them toned down a bit. The Tiger I HD looks great, it's about time. Just leave the obj 263 line as it is please, that is really all I want. It would be far less painful if WG just kicked everyone who bothered to get the 263 in the face repeatedly than to make it trash and give the tier X spot to another boring somewhat armoured, high alpha TD. 

DyrithShadow #182 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 02:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 7830 battles

Well I play the Object 430. It is my only tier 10. (In general, I find tier 5-6 is the sweet spot in the game). Its a moderately fun tank.

My reasons for playing the 430 are the ROF (god its boring in a 3 shots per minute tank), and for a tier 10 tank it has a high camo value.  It lets you do some stealth killing and then use the mobility to swoop in when the time is right. (My favorite tanks are the T67 and Hellcat which gives you an idea). I specifically researched the 430 to continue that play style at tier 10.

My request would be PLEASE leave the 100mm gun as an option on the 430. I did a LOT of grinding to get that tank, and the changes proposed would entirely change the play style.

Alternatively, maybe again leave it alone and make it a premium tank?

I am not sure I care much about the 430U. Even though it looks like I am going to get it for free, I doubt I will ever bother with it. Not my play style. I will just give up playing tier 10 and I am ok with that.

To summarize, it is my opinion that the proposed changes to the 430 radically change its play style. I get what the developers are going for, but its a big departure from the current tank. Most of this can be solved by leaving the 100mm gun as a OPTION.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #183 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 11 2018 - 11:34, said:

I'm kind of upset the SU-122-54 is being removed entirely... I like that tank... Could special vehicle status work here or am I the only one that feel this way..?

Edit: I just started my own thread about what should be the fate of the SU-122-54. It's a poll so take a vote.

http://forum.worldof...pecial-vehicle/

It's not a tier 10, so it will not and should not get special vehicle status. 

thedashing1 #184 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 02:59

Private

• -Players-
  • 7918 battles
  • [KFACE] KFACE
Like, I get it, the Russian tech tree was getting stale and needed new blood, but, could wee please get a small buff to the pen on the 105mm on the t32, or get a gun that is a little more punchy and more damage based. I get that I could just dab that 2 key and throw some money at people but it needs something. 

Avalon304 #185 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 03:23

Major

• Players
  • 23912 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Now that Ive been able to see these upcoming changes... literally every one of them is terrible. Every single one. They are bad ideas and should not be implemented.

DyrithShadow #186 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 03:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 7830 battles

I have one other suggestion.

As a 430 player I have no interest in the 430U.

Would the developers consider the option of giving us the Object 140 instead of the 430U? That would be a much better match to the current tank, and much closer to the current play style.

EmperorJuliusCaesar #187 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 03:59

Major

• Players
  • 37052 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

View Postmoogleslam, on Jan 11 2018 - 11:38, said:

View Postpanzer716, on Jan 11 2018 - 15:34, said:

I'm kind of upset the SU-122-54 is being removed entirely... I like that tank... Could special vehicle status work here or am I the only one that feel this way..?

It could and it should, but it doesn't seem that will be the case.

It's only a tier 9, no way "should" it get that status.

Sea_Law #188 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 04:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 125 battles
I feel like this update is going to make me quit WOT. All of my tanks have lost their fun value due to these new OP soviet tanks. a objekt 705A should not have an impenetrable turret and should not be able to pen a side scraping IS4. The new TD's should not have 0 frontal weak spots to the point where the lower glacis plate is impenetrable at 90 degrees. The new mediums should not have enough pen to nail an angled Maus and should not be able to have an impenetrable turret. the heavies and TD's are simply too OP. As others have said, you all are breaking the game and making it unfun. 

kldge #189 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 06:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 14894 battles
  • [HAFR] HAFR
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I haven't been able to log into the test servers since they went live. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my test client, and tried on both Ethernet and wifi, but for some reason every time I try to log in it says "connecting" for a few seconds and then immediately stops with a message in red text "you were disconnected from the server". It happens on both servers, and i know they're online because it does this EVEN AFTER IM PUT INTO THE WAIT QUE.

snacob24 #190 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 07:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 22289 battles

The only problem's with the USSR tree Revision

TD line

War gaming you should not move the OBJ 263 to a tier 9 it should stay at tier 10 and just introduce a new tier 9 to replace the SU-122-54 because that is the odd tank out of the whole bunch and the 263 is a good tier 10 tank there's nothing wrong with it besides that it plays a little different from the tier 7 and 8 and a lot of people who like the 263 and experience players know how to kill the 263 its a well balance tank moving it to a tier 9 would make some people very angry so just keep it tier 10. and P.S I have a 263 and i really like it and i would not be happy if its move to a tier 9 tank.

OBJ 705A issues

The OBJ 705A needs more pen on its gold round 310 is not enough it was struggling a lot against tanks that are well armored or have tough frontal armor and struggling against variety of tanks shooting them in there weak spots i think it need at least 320 or 330 for its gold HEAT round and you need penetration if your a slow brawling heavy tank if it cant pen anything the tank is not worth getting in my opinion and i am not interested in getting the OBJ 705A because of its bad penetration after playing it on the test server with its bad penetration there is just no point on getting a tank that you cant pen the stuff your shooting at.

braveashes3 #191 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 14:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 22560 battles
  • [BOYZ] BOYZ
everyone is upset by the 263/ the 122-54 thing and they should be. but has anyone else noticed the 430 being changed into a weaker version of the 113. cuz thats basicly whats happening.

Edited by braveashes3, Jan 21 2018 - 14:51.

Kirito_San_SAO #192 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 15:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28148 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View Postbraveashes3, on Jan 21 2018 - 14:48, said:

everyone is upset by the 263/ the 122-54 thing and they should be. but has anyone else noticed the 430 being changed into a weaker version of the 113. cuz thats basicly whats happening.

Read the past 2 pages and you will see comments addressing the terrible idea that is the 430U

DyrithShadow #193 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 15:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 7830 battles

One big reason I picked the 430 to play was because it had the highest ROF compared to its brother Russian mediums.

Sigh.

If they go thru with this the only real question is how much can I sell the 430U for?

If I want to play the nearest equivalent tank, the obj 140, then I would have to grind up all the way from tier 1! With the proposed changes to the tech tree, I have NONE of those tanks researched.

Again WG, can I have the option of getting the obj 140 instead of the 430U???? Please????

QuicksilverJPR #194 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 17:04

Major

• Players
  • 27894 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostDyrithShadow, on Jan 21 2018 - 09:35, said:

One big reason I picked the 430 to play was because it had the highest ROF compared to its brother Russian mediums.

Sigh.

If they go thru with this the only real question is how much can I sell the 430U for?

If I want to play the nearest equivalent tank, the obj 140, then I would have to grind up all the way from tier 1! With the proposed changes to the tech tree, I have NONE of those tanks researched.

Again WG, can I have the option of getting the obj 140 instead of the 430U???? Please????

You don't have the T-54?

Karkass #195 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 17:10

Private

• Players
  • 24337 battles
  • [NORFC] NORFC

Very disappointing WG .... L'ets put a nother Russian (eum eum, ex Sherman Russian $$$$$ nom nom nom ..)  med tier X instead of fixing for example Leopard 1 that really need to be revamped....

No wander why the population is leaving...$$$ 

Dredgen_Waifu #196 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 17:12

Private

• Players
  • 24524 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
After playing several hours of the recently released common test server session, I noticed some things that would have a negative impact on players. I have submitted tickets before regarding this topic, but now after playing the real deal, I need to voice my (and many others) opinion. Hopefully you will take what I have to say to the development team as many others share my thoughts.

First off I noticed that nearly every line in the soviet tech tree has received a second branch and new tier 10 tanks. This is awesome. Love having options open up with more potential replay value. It really gives out more content for players. However this same treatment was not given to one particular line. The TD line. In the past you have removed tanks for various reasons, but players were often gifted their late tier 10s as special tier 10 tanks that only players who owned them before the patch could have. When the 113 Chinese line was revised a second tier 10 was added to the game which was awesome, really makes people want to spend more hours in your game potentially buying gold to grind for this new tank. This also gave the players freedom of choice to choose which tank they would like to play. This was also done in your recent common test, but the Obj. 263 was moved to tier 9 and nerfed. A lot.

Obj. 263
- Okay... this was not a good experience by any means. Right of the starting line this tank felt super heavy and underpowered. The top speed was good as usual, but the overall mobility was pretty bad beyond that. I understand on paper the numbers changed very slightly, but in game it makes a huge difference. The gun was a pretty big disappointment being at a 13 second reload and it just did not seem to fit at all. Probably the worst revision was the concealment rating. Going from 38.52 to 14.14... What? This is worse than the FV4005 which gets spotted right out of the cap circle. 14.14 is among the worst camo stats for any tier 10 TD in your game. Very poor revisions in my opinion.

Obj. 268 V4
- To be honest this tank is not as bad as I expected it to be on paper a month ago. The top speed resembles the 263 and the armor literally feels no different from the original 263. In fact you only added 50mm on the sides. For a main argument of why this needed to be the replacement being armor, I think that was unnecessary. The 263 is a frontal fighting tank, we don't need side armor. If armor is your selling point, please buff the armor. The gun on the V4 is decent, but lacks slightly in accuracy. The reload? The worst part of this tank. 16 seconds is stupid long in game for only 650 average damage. Which tanks like the T110E3 average at 750 with similar rounds per minute. Plus, the V4 gets in roughly over 3 shots per minute compared to the 263s original 6.5. Wow. The FV4005 has just over 2 rounds per minute and can deal over 1600 damage easy per shot if weak spots are hit. Why wouldn't I play the FV with better camo and damage output over the V4? Good question. This is a good tank, but is it a replacement for the 263? No.

Tech tree
- The soviet tree is now very awkward. Players now go from open top at tier 4 with the SU85-B to closed top until tier 9 where they will play against high caliber SPGs and HE rounds in the 263, only to be brought back to closed top at tier 10. What? Why? This is almost as bad as your rear mount/front mount German TD line which makes no sense when preparing players for tier 10. Open top tanks need to play in concealment so SPGs cannot spot them, hence why the 263 had a high camo rating. Now you are going to nerf it so bad that SPGs will target that tank out in the open. You have now made your problem with this line worse. The 263 was never the problem. It was the tanks before it. Su100M1 and SU101. The V4 falls short when compared to the 263 in nearly every way and these changes are not really improving anything.

A better way to fix these issues would be to have consistency throughout your whole patch. Add a second line leading to the V4 or 263 or add the Obj. 263 as a reward tank for those who worked for it and use a different tier 9. The SU 122 54 would make more sense as the tier 9 leading to the V4 than the 263 would. If you choose to go through with this revision you guys are so fond of at least decrease reload times significantly. This patch really isn't wanted by the 263 owners. Give players a choice. The 263 is your most unique tank. Don't take that way from us. It doesn't deserve it.

themusgrat #197 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 22:13

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 29788 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

This is awful.

I've started wondering, who is delusional? Is it the devs that consistently make changes that next to nobody agrees with, or are the players just jaded and hateful towards any change?

The 263 change is particularly bad. It is an interesting td, with interesting strengths, and interesting weaknesses. Why remove it? It gets played. Make it a special vehicle, or add a line if you want another 268 type of td. Also, if you just buffed the horrible 268, it would fix the soviet td situation.

Who am I kidding? Nobody from wg will read any of this. 

CuiChuui #198 Posted Jan 21 2018 - 23:51

Private

• Players
  • 11156 battles

Leave the 430 alone. What you are doing is completely changing the playstyle of it. We got the 430 because that's the playstyle we wanted. Nerfing it and replacing it with this medium/heavy hybrid that is the 430U is a horrible idea. The 430U isn't the vehicle I worked so hard to get, not even close to it. Then you're replacing the great 100mm on the the 430 with a freaking D-25. Are you freaking kidding me? The 430U should be it's own branch or make the current 430 a special vehicle like all recent updates have for other tier 10s. Or even at least, as someone else already said, compensate the 430s with 140s because that is a much closer playstyle to the current 430. The 430U doesn't even need to exist. The 121 and 113 are already rare to see, what reason will anyone have to get them if they can get the same thing but better and russian? There are 3 freaking russian tier 10 meds in the tech tree. They can't all be played the same amount. 

So many unnecessary changes lately. Every time i see 430s and 263s in a match, they do great. Just because a huge amount of people don't play some tanks, doesn't necessarily mean they are bad. Let those of us that play those "unpopular" tanks keep playing them to their strengths instead of trying to fix something that isn't broken.

Gunadie #199 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 44813 battles

View PostHugoStiglitz187, on Jan 20 2018 - 12:29, said:

Original resized.jpgHello,

first off... First test on the test server with the Object 430U i felt that this tank was great after playing one round... however, my dpm is 3634 in my Original 430 right now... they lowered it to about 2500 dpm on the 430U and gave it less accuracy .35 on 430 to .37 on 430U.... My opinion on the 122 gun in this game is that I hate this [edited]gun unless you have a more accurate version... I am really bummed, the 430 is one of my favorite tanks and they are making it worse and replacing it with something that only has more appealing armor and not much else and lowering my overall dpm on BOTH tanks. 430U is a great tank and a great idea, however what you doing with my original 430 is BS and if anything WG should make the original 430 a tier 10 premium and not change it. At least keep it as a tier 10 and modify your lines.. Overall i am sick and tired of grinding for tanks that i really want and come to really love playing after earning them... And then WG swoops in AGAIN to nerf or replace my favorite crapall together with crapi would have never grinded for. Honestly i am afraid to keep advancing on this game as you advance to a tank that you want and then it is replaced and nerfed in many ways... then just takes up space in my garage in the long run.. Can i get all my XP back for the German Grille 15 line for example? (THATS AN OBVIOUS NO) goes from laserbeam death cannon with some armor to sidescrape and play in cities vs heavies, to a now paper armor everywhere tank and stripped of autoloader... u only got to keep the laserbeam accuracy. Great now with only one shot and then a long reload i have to hide and snipe to get a good game in it. i kinda got off track there.. but my point should be clear. It is not fair to grind for something you really want and then be changed to something different.. At least do what you did with the badger and 183, and then fill in your gaps with new tanks instead of nerfing another tier 10.

The majority of games I've played on the test server show it is grossly OP and top of the leader board with 4 to 5+ K damage.

I have not played it but it appears that it is unbalanced from what I see just from the score board

Gunadie #200 Posted Jan 22 2018 - 00:44

Major

• Players
  • 44813 battles

View Postthemusgrat, on Jan 21 2018 - 13:13, said:

This is awful.

I've started wondering, who is delusional? Is it the devs that consistently make changes that next to nobody agrees with, or are the players just jaded and hateful towards any change?

The 263 change is particularly bad. It is an interesting td, with interesting strengths, and interesting weaknesses. Why remove it? It gets played. Make it a special vehicle, or add a line if you want another 268 type of td. Also, if you just buffed the horrible 268, it would fix the soviet td situation.

Who am I kidding? Nobody from wg will read any of this.

I have played both Obj263(T9) and Obj 268V4 and have found them very playable

and somewhat enjoyable..(Obj 263 more so than the Obj 268V4)

I however do not like how this was implemented and with so much opposition.

The 263 seems balanced and strong at tier 9.

The obj268V4 however, is mediocre and has a very weak top deck that is far to vulnerable to splash damage

and I suspect SPG's, but this is unproven as the amount of SPG's on the test is very few.

So much for going from an open deck to a closed one, as this is even worse as it has no frontal barrier (elevated armor)

Essentially what War Shaming has done is to now give the game two open deck tanks as opposed to just one.

The other fault is the low DPM and ROF for tier 10 this intern makes this a mediocre performer and will

annoy those that enjoyed the play style of the 263 at tier 10.

The DPM was reduced a ridiculous amount from the old 263 (26%) over 800 dpm and that is a significant amount

IMO, a great ROF is far more valuable in the battle field that high alpha shots!

Worst of all about this update is the fact they have taken away the SU122-54.

A tank that despite its extremely poor balance at tier 9 was a fun and unique tank to play.

Shame on you WG, you have stolen enjoyment from your player base and have not properly compensated them in return!

Over all I do think this change is good for the game but many aspects of it were POORLY done and you have annoyed many because of it!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users